• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sargasso Hideout - Wolf O'Donnell Support Thread

What voice do you prefer for Wolf?

• American (Star Fox: Assault & Smash Bros. Brawl)

Votes: 92 73.6%
  • British (Star Fox 64 & Star Fox Zero)

Votes: 33 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I couldn't care less about the upcoming Smash Amiibo, I'm just interested in general Nintendo info. More news on upcoming titles, brand new Amiibo, updates, etc. Hopefully, we'll get a direct around April-May, and that should hold us over until E3 comes around.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I couldn't care less about the upcoming Smash Amiibo, I'm just interested in general Nintendo info. More news on upcoming titles, brand new Amiibo, updates, etc. Hopefully, we'll get a direct around April-May, and that should hold us over until E3 comes around.
But one of the Smash Amiibo is brand new, and that's very telling. ;)

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
But one of the Smash Amiibo is brand new, and that's very telling. ;)
I was mostly referring to Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta's upcoming Amiibo. The last unknown Smash Amiibo is interesting, but I'm not really expecting too much out of it. I think someone already mentioned that it could just be an alternate for one of the last three Amiibo. If so, probably Bayonetta since Nintendo and Platinum seem to be oh-so close nowadays. Not to mention it'd probably cost more to sell Advent Children Cloud, and Robin never got a female Amiibo so neither would Corrin.

But hey, who knows? I'd love to see that be an Amiibo for a new Smash Switch character.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
The Smash amiibo line has made bank for Nintendo, it's the biggest and most widely-recognized amiibo line, and an alt-costume lineup would be smart as it would keep the line alive a while longer. With a port, we're only likely to get, like, a MAXIMUM of five new/returning characters (and I would bet lower, don't want to be too optimistic). It would also be a way to restock characters like Villager and Wii Fit Trainer who got restocks more than a year ago or so, but are hard to find for a decent price again, now. If, say, the upcoming amiibo wave looks like :4cloud:,:4bayonetta:,:4corrin:, and :4corrinf:, (I think 1st party characters would be more likely to get their alts first, as Nintendo may have to jump through some more legal hoops for :4cloud2: and :4bayonetta2:) then :4corrinf: could serve as a jumping-off point for a new spinoff alt-costume line that could prolong the line for a good 2-3 more waves.

I do, however, think it is more likely to be a newcomer or Ice Climbers.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, was surprised when I found out they were the same VA. Good voice range.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wait, what? I thought Brawl Wolf was voiced by Jay Ward. SF0 Wolf was voiced by Ja Green.
Yeah, I was about to say this. I prefer Jay Ward over any one else though the SF0 VA was pretty good.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Wait, what? I thought Brawl Wolf was voiced by Jay Ward. SF0 Wolf was voiced by Ja Green.
Yeah, I was about to say this. I prefer Jay Ward over any one else though the SF0 VA was pretty good.
It looks like this originates from Jay Ward's profile on IMDb. This can be edited by anyone, so it's likely to be an error.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ah. May have been misinformed by that then. >_>

But to answer the question, British Wolf. IMO, British > SF Assault voice > Texan Wolf.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Texan Wolf for sure, there should really be a poll for this.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
I really prefer his brawl voice it fits him so well but if they're going to give him a new voice they should make it similar to his Brawl and Star Fox Zero voice.

Wolf29

Smash Cadet
Yeah looked it up and I was wrong, lol. Still both great VA's either way, don't remember where I got the misinformation.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Texan Wolf for sure, there should really be a poll for this.
Sounds like a good idea. Current poll will end in one hour from this post. Afterward, I'll add a new poll regarding Wolf's voice. Results are posted at the bottom of the front post, in the Bonus Content section.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
In keeping with my last post, the leak and subsequent datamine of Fire Emblem Echoes today has revealed something interesting: :4corrinf: is summonable as an amiibo unit, alongside :4corrin:. I would just pass it off as a double-scan bonus, or something, but :4robinf: is nowhere to be found in the data (she could be patched in, say, when a :4robinf: amiibo is released?)

This probably means nothing for a Switch port or for Wolf, (it would probably be too soon to expect their amiibo anyway) but it looks like we might be getting that alt-costume amiibo sub-line after all.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
In keeping with my last post, the leak and subsequent datamine of Fire Emblem Echoes today has revealed something interesting: :4corrinf: is summonable as an amiibo unit, alongside :4corrin:. I would just pass it off as a double-scan bonus, or something, but :4robinf: is nowhere to be found in the data (she could be patched in, say, when a :4robinf: amiibo is released?)

This probably means nothing for a Switch port or for Wolf, (it would probably be too soon to expect their amiibo anyway) but it looks like we might be getting that alt-costume amiibo sub-line after all.
I saw the confirmation of it, too - apparently, it points to a separate Amiibo, in much the same way as Smash Rosalina identifies as version 2 of Rosalina (the Super Mario Srfies version was planned first, though ultimately released second). I was pretty suprised, as it seems so odd that they went with this particular character to start off alt-Amiibo with! :laugh:

I wonder if it means that there'll be new Smash Amiibo of characters who don't have drastic alts, though? You know, those outside of the Koopalings and Wire Frame Little Macs of the world - like the "alt" trophies you can get in-game.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I saw the confirmation of it, too - apparently, it points to a separate Amiibo, in much the same way as Smash Rosalina identifies as version 2 of Rosalina (the Super Mario Srfies version was planned first, though ultimately released second). I was pretty suprised, as it seems so odd that they went with this particular character to start off alt-Amiibo with! :laugh:

I wonder if it means that there'll be new Smash Amiibo of characters who don't have drastic alts, though? You know, those outside of the Koopalings and Wire Frame Little Macs of the world - like the "alt" trophies you can get in-game.
I don't know that they should go THAT far. Would be a little ridiculous, and obvious milking. I'm not even sure the Koopalings should get them, myself. Characters like :4corrinf:, :4robinf:, :4alph:, :4wiifitm:, :4bayonetta2:, :4villagerf:, :4cloud2:, and :4wario2: have their own subsets of costumes and the like. With the Koopalings and naked :4shulk:, you really wouldn't have many choices, and it would seem pretty pointless to, (to me, at least) to have eight amiibo of the same character.

But they did release :4rob:, so who knows?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'm not even sure the Koopalings should get them, myself.
In fairness, they're more important than a costume, as they're separate characters. :p Out of anybody, they definitely should.

But they did release :4rob:, so who knows?
That only happened because of the colour-scheme of the original R.O.B. (and therefore also his default Smash alt) in Japan, though. He's a special case, for sure.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
The Wolf support shall never end! The Fighter Ballot was merely an appetizer. Now it's time to get serious. Time to once again show that returning veterans can hold just as much value as any newcomer can!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
For all Zero didn't do right, I like Wolf's SF64-based design. It'd be a shame if that didn't make it into Smash.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Does anyone else seem to think that the scouter looks better on Wolf than an eyepatch. At least a scouter doesn't make people think that Wolf is half-blind.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
My week has been crazy, so I haven't been around too much. The poll ended, but I couldn't change the question or answers, so until I figure out how, I went ahead and re-opened the poll.

As for the topics I've missed:
  • For the Amiibo, it certainly seems like Female Corrin is getting her own Amiibo. Don't care for it, personally.
  • Welcome to the pack, TheBeardedPunisher TheBeardedPunisher !
  • I'm a fan of the scouter, although I still like the original SF64 design.

RetroGamersGuru

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroGamersGuru
His scouter and his Brawl voice are my favorite versions, so basically his Brawl design is my favorite, but his SF64 and Assault designs are still cool.

Even though Brawl and PM Wolf are still around and are fun, I still wish he was in Smash 4. He's my first pick out of the veterans to return and a top 10 pick in general. Still an important character in Star Fox and will continue to be so.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
His scouter and his Brawl voice are my favorite versions, so basically his Brawl design is my favorite, but his SF64 and Assault designs are still cool.

Even though Brawl and PM Wolf are still around and are fun, I still wish he was in Smash 4. He's my first pick out of the veterans to return and a top 10 pick in general. Still an important character in Star Fox and will continue to be so.
Will always up vote new/returning supporters (even if they don't recognize the greatness of the eyepatch).

I've noticed in other threads you keep mentioning your top 10. I feel like you have everything in a particular order already, wanna share?

RetroGamersGuru

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroGamersGuru
Will always up vote new/returning supporters (even if they don't recognize the greatness of the eyepatch).

I've noticed in other threads you keep mentioning your top 10. I feel like you have everything in a particular order already, wanna share?
Sure. My signature has the order from left to right but: Ridley, Quote, Saki, Ninten, Takamaru, Wolf, Krystal, Waluigi, Elma, Fiora (Mecha).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I like Wolf. :wolf:

I want him back.

Arroooooo..

And all that jazz.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Sure. My signature has the order from left to right but: Ridley, Quote, Saki, Ninten, Takamaru, Wolf, Krystal, Waluigi, Elma, Fiora (Mecha).
I'm on mobile so I can't see sigs. I can live with that top 10, not enough Quote love out there imo

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's a question.

If you had to make three changes to Wolf's normals, what would they be?

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Here's a question.

Longer claws, quicker attacks in general. I'd make him the craziest rushdown character in the game lol.

If we're limiting it to specific moves I'd say I'd change his nair to him slashing his claws out across both sides of his body, I'd actually like his dair to be that Snake axe kick in Brawl, and his bair for him to do a quick turnaround and stab with his claws kinda like Ryu's dair.

As I'm reading this I realize my ideas need work, get back to me.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Longer claws, quicker attacks in general. I'd make him the craziest rushdown character in the game lol.

If we're limiting it to specific moves I'd say I'd change his nair to him slashing his claws out across both sides of his body, I'd actually like his dair to be that Snake axe kick in Brawl, and his bair for him to do a quick turnaround and stab with his claws kinda like Ryu's dair.

As I'm reading this I realize my ideas need work, get back to me.
Those do sound like some practical alterations. Not inherently altering the jist of his moves while retaining his playstyles and adding flair. The thought of a longer reaching forward tilt or a quicker up air do sound intimidating. Smash 4 made me really want to see him acting out of a Wolf Flash (not Fox's custom) and ledge grabbing from behind. I just overall really want to see some type of evolution for Wolf beyond his last minute Brawl inclusion. Such a crime we have yet to see that not including Project M. Same can be said about all veterans.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Here's a question.

Glad to see you over here, Swampasaur. Adding you to the supporters list.

Here's a question.

Interesting question. In general, I think the properties with his normals are alright as they are, but he could still benefit from some minor changes. A little bit more damage on some moves, and some more K.O. potential with other moves would be nice, though. If his current Neutral Air could connect a bit more reliably, and if his Down Air could spike grounded opponents, that would be amazing. There's three non-special moves in particular that I'd like to see changed up entirely:
  • Neutral Air - I was never too big a fan of his Sonic the Hedgehog-esque somersaults, although I'm not too sure what I'd do to replace it with. Maybe an aerial where he kicks both legs down in a diagonal angle that can spike enemies, simultaneously jabbing his elbows behind him for a bit of extra coverage.
  • Dash Attack - His Brawl dash attack was alright, just looked kinda weird considering that it was possibly recycled from Sonic's dash-collision animation. I think Project M's dash attack was perfect, with a frontal claw uppercut.
  • Up Smash - Really want to mention this one, as I've never been a fan of his gravity-defying scissor kick. Once again, I feel Project M's new Up Smash was perfect, being a upwards half-moon slash.

AlphaSSB AlphaSSB I meant to get around to this ages ago. . . but do you want me to change the poll and to what (Title, and poll options)? Im not sure regular users can drastically change the poll like you wanted to, but I can.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
AlphaSSB AlphaSSB I meant to get around to this ages ago. . . but do you want me to change the poll and to what (Title, and poll options)? Im not sure regular users can drastically change the poll like you wanted to, but I can.
Actually, that'd be great. There were suggestions to change the poll to one regarding Wolf's voice. If you wouldn't mind changing it to this would be great:
  • Title: Which voice do you prefer for Wolf?
  • Answer 1: American (Star Fox: Assault & Smash Bros. Brawl)
  • Answer 2: British (Star Fox 64 & Star Fox Zero)
If you could reset the votes, too, that'd be great as well. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom