• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Oh right, that Graywolf, haha. I got the name mixed up 'cuz people used to call Grayfox Austin Graywolf to differentiate from Grayfox SA.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Great games everybody; I had a lot of fun. Nice meeting everybody I already hadn't.
Greyfox it was nice teaming with you, Graeyfox Squared ftw!
Espy you have a wicked sonic...be careful though, don't let Austin learn you! ;)
Also, RCRS is the best idea ever invented
Austin already learned Sonic.

and Sonic on WarioWare was amazing.

Fudge, I'm the only Austin Smasher not in the top 5. XD

*needs to Be Prepared more*
ilol. We need to discuss more Disney. We didn't do it at all!

man that last match in winners finals was epicness
I'm still crying. Just a little. On the inside.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
****, they are on to me. Now I gotta leave state.

Edit: Nike, I think it was you with the camera recording? You gonna upload those somewhere?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
****, they are on to me. Now I gotta leave state.

Edit: Nike, I think it was you with the camera recording? You gonna upload those somewhere?
Nike was recording the sets, yeah. He takes forever to put videos up, but rest assured that they will be put up. x-x

=====

I'm gonna be MIA for most of February. I need to save money for WHOBO2 and A-Kon, and to do so, I need to NOT go to HOBOs, Phases, etc, in order to keep the money in my pocket.

However, in town things (Mizumi-con, if they have a tournament[?], St. Mary's(?)/St. Phillips(?), and Steakfest!! 3 [sometime soon, but NOT this early, lol]), I should be fine for.

What sucks is that this might apply even in March.
In other words, I may not be going to anything until WHOBO2. It makes me sad.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Maybe I won't be sick during Steakfest 3. >_>

I doubt it though with my luck. I should stop planning on going to tournaments, and try to be spontaneous about it. Maybe my luck will be better...

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
Hey Guys, just want to throw this out there:

@ revolucion, we had a positive response on the venue, the space, the tournament, and everything about it. And yes, we had some negative ones as well. HOWEVER, there's something i'm lookin to do for the Smashers

We (Nori, rob, Myself, and possibly a few others) are planning to throw down this years Mashfest and this time include Brawl and possibly Melee (idk why people won't let it go...but then again people STILL play MvC2...)

However, we're going to need your help with this one.

For the time We've already begun the process hosting ranbats for Tekken 6 to raise money for Pot, and we're looking to do it here. Just to clarify, no it's not like we're not looking for sponsors. However, this will serve as a GREAT back-up plan. However, i would like to have some inputs for us to continue

Our goal is to throw out at least $5000 total prizes as part of the pot.

Thank you for your time.

Suspect

Smash Hero
never play teams with awsem, even in friendlies. My shoulders hurt SO bad after playing with him before.

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
There are some matches of me vs. Nike, Greyfox, and Donkey Bong that haven't been uploaded yet.

Asem is a very new Diddy Kong user. I'm sure he didn't expect to be recorded and put online. :p

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
There are some matches of me vs. Nike, Greyfox, and Donkey Bong that haven't been uploaded yet.

Asem is a very new Diddy Kong user. I'm sure he didn't expect to be recorded and put online. :p
Shhh....I didn't say anything about it.

About your match's with Nike and DB's match's I'll have to put them up tomorrow. I had other things to do today to upload them.

These were chosen for the Zelda boards. More are on the way.

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
Hey Greyfox: I'm lookin to maybe play some brawl games in soon....i'm terrible, so it might take me awhile to get back into it. I may not play in tournaments, however, i do love to make people work for thier wins...

:D

Oh and what do you think about the ranbats idea to raise $$$ for the pot for our next major?

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Hey Greyfox: I'm lookin to maybe play some brawl games in soon....i'm terrible, so it might take me awhile to get back into it. I may not play in tournaments, however, i do love to make people work for thier wins...

:D

Oh and what do you think about the ranbats idea to raise $$$ for the pot for our next major?
Lol, hey ChickenLittle. :)

That's cool. I'm always up for games and the like. :D

As for the Ranbats and what not, I don't think its a bad idea. However, what are you going to do about raising the money for the pot?

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799

I say we start a vote on deciding if we should ban MK in San Antonio. >_> <_< /doesn'twanttodealwitha3-7DMUlocally
Oh quit being a girl and do something about it. Most MK's when starting out suck....unless your M2K.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
That's the problem. Ike can't do much against MK except slam him with Fair if he attempts to Nado, and hopefully stay out of his aerials with our faster aerial speed and greater aerial range. ;_; And land the occasional jab. I'd rather play against D3s.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
We have 2, JUJ and Ethan. Not counting the switch made by DB.

Then you have various players who can play or just play MK.

Funny I'm playing the broken now. <3

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
Lol, hey ChickenLittle. :)

That's cool. I'm always up for games and the like. :D

As for the Ranbats and what not, I don't think its a bad idea. However, what are you going to do about raising the money for the pot?
Well, it's fair and simple.

For ranbats, $10 would go in and only top 2(if enough people show) or 1 person would pay out. However, these would require gatherings at people's houses instead of venues (for obvious reasons)

Now i am going to be up front about this. $5 would go towards player pot, while the remaining $5 would go towards the Mashfest pot. We would do this bi-monthly to generate funds towards the Mashfest pot. Now its up to you to do the math:

If 16 peeps show up for ranbats...

$80 would go towards to the winner (or split 75/25 between 2 peeps) while the other half go towards the Mashfest pot.

80 x 2 = $160/month
$160 collected for 10 months = $1600 added to pot.

Now the fun begins
Assuming that 64 players show up for the Brawl Tournament @ $10 per Entry (again, we're trying to minimize costs for all players for the venue/entry fees)

that's $640 + $1600 = $2240 split between top 3 (or how many Brawl players you want to pay out) But assuming Top 3 (60/30/10)

1st - $1344
2nd - $672
3rd - $224

That's our Goal....

Objections.....?

Now i know alot of you may not know of me....So you probably wouldn't want to trust me with your money. It's understandable, however, I am known around the Soul Calibur community, as well as Sa_Rob as well as Nori is known throught the tekken/SC community. Also, GreyFox, suspect, sethlon, and Kyle knows me...and we're looking to make this better now that we know what to do from Revolucion. Again, this is your choice, however we do believe this is probably the easiest way to raise this pot. If we can get it to make it venue free, or entry fee. We'll do it. But for right now, this is the best way we can handle it for now

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
yeah... my MK shouldnt be counted anyways lol... sucks so bad. i'm so used to living to 200% that i'll run in and wont worry about taking 40% when thats like half of MK's stock.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That's the problem. Ike can't do much against MK except slam him with Fair if he attempts to Nado, and hopefully stay out of his aerials with our faster aerial speed and greater aerial range. ;_; And land the occasional jab. I'd rather play against D3s.
Deal with it. I personally take it as a challenge to play MKs. Me and Espy did some good stuff against Hylian and Px's MKs in doubles.

Edit: Nike, where those vids of me vs Espy at?

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Oh quit being a girl and do something about it. Most MK's when starting out suck....unless your M2K.
Deal with it. I personally take it as a challenge to play MKs. Me and Espy did some good stuff against Hylian and Px's MKs in doubles.

Edit: Nike, where those vids of me vs Espy at?
Two people telling you to deal with it Niddo. No Johns.

@Bored: I think I remember Espy saying that Nike takes forever to put up the vids. He will get to it if he remembers. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom