• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Yay, more UTSA people who play Brawl.....of course, I haven't even applied yet due to a series of complications with my GPA transfer from Canada to the US.....

As for the Brawl+, I personally vote for S-canceling. I was never that good at Melee, but I personally want to see how awesome Ike would be with S-canceling and wavedashing. It would take care of his speed problem to a large extent.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Yay, more UTSA people who play Brawl.....of course, I haven't even applied yet due to a series of complications with my GPA transfer from Canada to the US.....

As for the Brawl+, I personally vote for S-canceling. I was never that good at Melee, but I personally want to see how awesome Ike would be with S-canceling and wavedashing. It would take care of his speed problem to a large extent.
Lol Hylian already has Ike and he does become faster yes, but we get you off stage and Ike is still the same. :)

C.Fal is different cause he can always come back. :)

Dojo

Smash Champion
Haha no I haven't been accepted yet. I'm not expecting letter until the end of January or early February. I'm really hoping I do though. I'm not sure if Santi is going to be going if he gets accepted too. But if we both do, I'm sure we'll be holding smashfests weekly.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Haha no I haven't been accepted yet. I'm not expecting letter until the end of January or early February. I'm really hoping I do though. I'm not sure if Santi is going to be going if he gets accepted too. But if we both do, I'm sure we'll be holding smashfests weekly.
I'd hate to say it, but UTSA is usually a fallback school for most people. They don't really have the highest standards >.>

That said, you shouldn't have a problem getting in, unless you don't have a high school diploma or something >.<

Dojo

Smash Champion
Ha well I'm not looking for high standards really. A degree is a degree. I'm not worried about prestige or anything of that ****. To me, what you do AFTER school is what matters most. And I'm graduating this year with like a 89ish average. I slack too much. >.>

We'll see what happens. I'm taking my SAT on the 24th and they're sending it directly to the Admissions office for the schools I applied to, so I should probably know within a week or two after that.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I've already taken two SATs. Two very different score ranges for each individual subject, added up to 1710 the first time, 1700 the second time. >_> Luckly, I beat 93% of people on some sort of military placing test, so that should help me a bit.

And I'm probably only going to take my first two years here, so I don't care that much about standards. I was going for OLLU originally, but I can't get any scholarship because I'm a "Resident Alien", so it's out of my (parent's) price range

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Lame.

Anyways, that's still nice to here Dojo. You shouldn't have too much trouble getting into UTSA, if any at all. As Kyle so nicely put it, the standards they have are pretty "bleh".

The only reason I decided to go the route of StMU is because they're giving me 50,000+ per year to go here.

Because I'm so awesome of course.

I'm starting to get a little restless though...and I know I won't be able to Brawl until sometime next weekend...

UGH.

Ruthless

Smash Cadet
Just to throw this out I DID NOT GET 49TH! where ever you people see the name "papi" it really is suppose to say "suspect" because he left and i took his place >_>

kthxbai

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3780

FS5 pools and brackets are FINALLY up everyone. Sorry for the delay. I should have simply deleted the Melee results since the program crashed on the Melee day. Don't worry, all of the brawl info is intact.
Er, hate to tell you this, but there is an error in my pool. I (Niddo) never beat Elite 4. My only win was off of Greyfox.

I can live with the extra win under my name though. :chuckle:

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
So Travis was digging through my Super Nintendo collection because he wanted to borrow something, and it turns out I have not one but TWO copies of SMRPG on the SNES.

So I'm selling it now. If you have never played this and like RPGs or Mario for that matter, this is a VERY good RPG.

I'm selling it for $50 dollars to the first buyer. Please message me or Call me at 210 723 5386.

Ruthless

Smash Cadet
So im playing ethan my diddy vs his ness. Im winning by alot, he comes back and he does his pk thunder to hit himself...he hits me and I die like at 46% in the middle of PS1. How the **** does that happen?

oh well i beat him after that, revenge is sweet :)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
We gotta do something about this lack of Brawl in SA...

I think I'm going through a sort of withdrawal...

:roll::roll::roll:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah..... it's not like Alex19 is willing to go to a Brawl tourney :psycho:
You know something? I MAY want to go to this...
I just MAY want to check it out. Besides, a little Melee never hurt, right?

Still arguing with myself. Right now I'm like, 60/40 on the issue (60 on not going, btw).

Nike.

Smash Hero
GREYFOXXXX

I just got a notice from the city of houston. Im fined $37 for driving through the fast lanes on the highway. The ones I FOLLOWED YOU ON.

*goes on rampage*
I didnt even get offered gas money after the adventure of tomball :(

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
GREYFOXXXX

I just got a notice from the city of houston. Im fined $37 for driving through the fast lanes on the highway. The ones I FOLLOWED YOU ON.

*goes on rampage*
I didnt even get offered gas money after the adventure of tomball :(
Oh ****, I'm sorry guy. I'll pay for half of it if you want me too. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom