• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
No, not Christmas money (though I am hoping for MW2 and MUA2 for Christmas >_> <_<).

I think I managed to convince my parents if I have to get dragged around SeaWorld and the Zoo for hours, I should get money to go to a tournament.

Don't ask: the logic works perfectly here, and thats all that matters. :D

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Uh oh, Eddy's practicing that DK so he doesn't get ***** as hard by PT.

Happy belated birthday, Suspectus!

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
dragged? the zoo is awesome :(
Not when your parents walk around there for like, 6 hours in one trip. :(

And if Eddy wants to beat PT, he just needs to pick up Ike. :laugh: Ike loves destroying Squirtle's soul...when he actually knows how to play the MU correctly.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
Heck no son, It's 3/5 LM only.

Next smashfest we goto, we will do it. 1$ or 5$. It's all on you buddy.
all right, 3/5's cool

regarding the $1 or $5, it depends on how rich i am that week :laugh:

question, how do you do that thing where you have a black bar over your text so that you have to highlight it in order to read it?

@Nido: you should have come to Nike's smashfest last week it was awesome.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
yeah i did, it used to be down to my shoulders, why? you think we met before? i dont remember you lol

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
lolike

Squirtle beats Ike.
lol no

Ike wins 65-35 when the Ike isn't stupid and starts approaching.

If he's stupid and tries to approach then ya, Squirtle will win. But since ratios assume people actually know what they are doing: Ike wins. It's Ike's second easiest MU. Squirtle may have air speed, but he doesn't have Wario's ability to change in the air, meaning he basically can't beat a retreating Nair when used correctly. Too much range, and Squirtle can't get back in quickly enough. The only things that are keeping it from being 7-3 are Squirtle's quicker jab, and his watergun.

As a funny note: I believe Ike's Dthrow can kill Squirtle before Squirtle's Dthrow can kill Ike. :laugh:

And then Ike goes 5-5 with Ivy, and 45-55 with Charizard. Over all that's Ike's A at around 6-4.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
lol no

Ike wins 65-35 when the Ike isn't stupid and starts approaching.

If he's stupid and tries to approach then ya, Squirtle will win. But since ratios assume people actually know what they are doing: Ike wins. It's Ike's second easiest MU. Squirtle may have air speed, but he doesn't have Wario's ability to change in the air, meaning he basically can't beat a retreating Nair when used correctly. Too much range, and Squirtle can't get back in quickly enough. The only things that are keeping it from being 7-3 are Squirtle's quicker jab, and his watergun.

As a funny note: I believe Ike's Dthrow can kill Squirtle before Squirtle's Dthrow can kill Ike. :laugh:

And then Ike goes 5-5 with Ivy, and 45-55 with Charizard. Over all that's Ike's A at around 6-4.
Tell it to Bored. We play just about every week/every other week when he's busy with studying. Ike can't beat Squirtle if he doesn't approach. If Ike doesn't approach, Squirtle just charges Water Gun and camps. One upthrow from Squirtle leads to easy comboing in midair.

MM me and prove me wrong.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Bored doesn't play the MU correctly. Water Gun is not a threat to Ike unless he's recovering. Heck, even Reflex, the biggest fanboy of a character on the site and the person who overrates their character the most (I might also add: has written the worse tier list I've ever seen on any site for Brawl by far, complete with PT in lol B tier) gives Ike the advantage at 6-4 against Squirtle.

I would MM, but I'll have just enough money to go to FS8. As in: down to the dollar just enough. :( And you better beat me: I am the worse Ike in Texas after all. But don't worry, I don't sandbag in friendly matches. :D

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
:D

Loko you need to come down when there is a smashfest going on so I can play you. I never got to do that last time you were here. D:
SUPER LATE REPLY~!...commence
Yeh~ I should be frequenting SA this break; I'll actually be there tomorrow! Then idk, I'll be in LDO for a while and back before the 15th cuz the White Rabbit has an epic-ness show going on that day <3333

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSPECT!!!!
...come back alive D;

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Hey Tyson, you up for a 50 cent MM? My Ike vs your Ness?

I'll do the same with that PT guy. I found a whole bunch of spare change kicking around. >_>

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
Nido i'm down for a 50 cent MM!

edit: nvmd, HOBO was switched to february... does this mean maybe Espy can hold Steakfest before FS8?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm not gonna hold a Steakfest before FS8. If I do host one, it'll be sometime after FS8, but still in January.

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
Uh oh, Eddy's practicing that DK so he doesn't get ***** as hard by PT.
You keep that talk up, I'm just gonna have to 3 stock you with Snake. :laugh:

Nah, I changed my mind. Even if you don't keep it up..

I'm just gonna have to 3 stock you with Snake.
Yeah, I quoted myself. 8]

And if Eddy wants to beat PT, he just needs to pick up Ike. :laugh: Ike loves destroying Squirtle's soul...when he actually knows how to play the MU correctly.
Lol, you love when people switch over to Ike, don't you?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Correct on both points. :D

inb4religiousdebate

induringcommenttopullawayfromreligiousdebate

But hey, you might as well pick up Ike: Texas is the state with the most Ikes by far. :D

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
He reps the bananas in his heart because we all know if DK had a projectile, he'd be cheating.

This is his way of showing you he cares, but not too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom