• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
mlg dallas tomorrow...

My goal is to put the tag "TX #1" on all of the wiis

also I am going to counter with Yoshi's Island Olimar with the tag "6POOL" maybe.
go go starcraft

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Dallas is tomorrow? :urg:
I actually thought I'd be there :( Meh...

*Readies hangman's knot*

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Doesn't seem like you really wanted to go to this lmao. Get someone there to buy you one too. Assuming he gets there first.
Like Xyro.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
xyro has no cash, so that's a dead end for me.

ahh well, I'll just look for friendlies ;d

even if they are friendlies i will brag if i win

I wanna see Xyro vs Noid now. I also wanna see those online matches. I have no clue what it's like to fight another Samus since I haven't found other Samus' in my region.
You'll learn the MU in about 10 seconds. It's like the Falco match up, whoever jumps first, loses.

In all seriousness though, the MU is really really boring imo. I'd much prefer to fight a character who doesn't have a zair.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
@KJ: I don't know KJ, Samus dittos are probably some of my favorite to play, that or Samus/ZSS vs Marth

@Composer: LOL My Fair Lady? We watched that in my English class not too long ago =3

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Xyro wins our first friendly, two stocking me because I can't kill him at all

I mention that full jump is good in the ditto (on FD), dunno what he thought about that
I get dtilted (after shielding a dtilt, he dtilted again lulul) at 180
I get killed some other way (dsmash with me DIing towards)
I hit him with full charge shot right after i charge it (by this time I feel sad because I am getting destroyed lolol)
Then I die again

I was using orange samus with WAHAH tag
QQ

I think I will try again tomorrow

In other friendly news, I lose all my friendlies except those that I play MK
MK is broken

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Got back from MLG Dallas. i went all samus, no rob.

Here is my bracket

1st round=bye

2nd round= SoCal falco named Abero. First game was 1 stock and 2nd game was 2 stock. Me winning both.

3rd round= Louisiana's 3rd best player and a top 3 TL.....Hyro. I wont first game with 1 stock left. He 3 stocked me 2nd game(would have been a 2 stock if i kept playing but i ran off the stage to forfeit). I won final game 1 stock.

4th round=Tearbear. MK. Beat me with solid 2 stocks each game. one game may have been a 3 stock.

Losers round 6=Krystedez(wifi wario). Dont remember much other than i lost both games.

I got 33rd place. BETTER THAN NOID. and i didn have to use my 2ndary.

lol speaking of noid, there was a guy at mlg dallas named NOID so when his name was called people were like "YOU MUST DO DAT MM NOW" so i ran to the bathroom to prepare my self(took a creamy poo) for the ULTIMATE BATTLE! When i returned i went to where noid was and realized.......it wasnt THE noid. it was some obese guy with one arm.

the end

Xyro77

Beating HyRo, god**** good **** Xyro =D.

Btw, your matches vs Krystedez, do you agree with me that Samus Wario is an unwinnable match-up :3?
Its winnable for sure but its very very hard. I feel marth/falco/mk/ddd to be MUCH harder

ZeroL

Smash Apprentice
MK/DDD are impossible, Falco/Marth/Wario are close to impossible. You may get 1 stock off of them and then they'll realize how to beat Samus = Game Over!

Which reminds me that I had the death poule at Bushido Brawl Impact, all Marth/Falco, 1 MK, 1 DDD and iStudying who I took 1 game off and was close to beating him. I went all Samus in this poule even though I literally had no chance of ever winning xD. I did almost beat the DDD, but he got so **** lucky with like 10 gordos a match D:.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
MK/DDD are impossible, Falco/Marth/Wario are close to impossible. You may get 1 stock off of them and then they'll realize how to beat Samus = Game Over!

Which reminds me that I had the death poule at Bushido Brawl Impact, all Marth/Falco, 1 MK, 1 DDD and iStudying who I took 1 game off and was close to beating him. I went all Samus in this poule even though I literally had no chance of ever winning xD. I did almost beat the DDD, but he got so **** lucky with like 10 gordos a match D:.
For some reason, i find Falco a lot tougher to fight than MK. I know both MUs, but Falco's lasers completely shut me down, even when i'm able to get out a baby shot to stop it for a bit.
With MK (offline), all i do is keep him out of range with Zair, and keep a CS charged up in case he tries to pull a whorenado. Offstage, it a bit more of a challenge, and i try not to use Dair when i know it's utter garb in near every situation(against MK). Wario seems a lot like MK to me, except he's just a tiny stub that i just whack at with Zair (i don't use too many missiles since i'm sure Wario's Fair and/or Dair just out prioritize the seekers.

NOID didn't make Xyro abdicate title of best Sambot? D: Shock.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
For some reason, i find Falco a lot tougher to fight than MK. I know both MUs, but Falco's lasers completely shut me down, even when i'm able to get out a baby shot to stop it for a bit.
With MK (offline), all i do is keep him out of range with Zair, and keep a CS charged up in case he tries to pull a whorenado. Offstage, it a bit more of a challenge, and i try not to use Dair when i know it's utter garb in near every situation(against MK). Wario seems a lot like MK to me, except he's just a tiny stub that i just whack at with Zair (i don't use too many missiles since i'm sure Wario's Fair and/or Dair just out prioritize the seekers.

NOID didn't make Xyro abdicate title of best Sambot? D: Shock.
why the hell can you get off zairs?? AND charge your CS. :|

putting yourself in the air against him = loss. Wario you really have to camp with zair I find, charge your charge shot a lot, Wario mains have a bad habit of always approaching from the air, so zair is a godsend, but it's still obscenely hard. it's just easier than MK/falco/marthicus

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
why the hell can you get off zairs?? AND charge your CS. :|

putting yourself in the air against him = loss. Wario you really have to camp with zair I find, charge your charge shot a lot, Wario mains have a bad habit of always approaching from the air, so zair is a godsend, but it's still obscenely hard. it's just easier than MK/falco/marthicus
What i'm trying to get out is that whilst MK is up close keeping us from getting anything out besides probably a Screw Attack (which is still a last resort move if you're forced to think about using against MK), Falco's Lasers can do that all the way from the other side of the stage. He almost completely forces us to use our bad ground game, and his lasers shut down our spam, hope still slim if you manage to get something out to stop the lasers. It's overall very very hard, for me at least, just a bit harder than MK.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Got back from MLG Dallas. i went all samus, no rob.

Here is my bracket

1st round=bye

2nd round= SoCal falco named Abero. First game was 1 stock and 2nd game was 2 stock. Me winning both.

3rd round= Louisiana's 3rd best player and a top 3 TL.....Hyro. I wont first game with 1 stock left. He 3 stocked me 2nd game(would have been a 2 stock if i kept playing but i ran off the stage to forfeit). I won final game 1 stock.

4th round=Tearbear. MK. Beat me with solid 2 stocks each game. one game may have been a 3 stock.

Losers round 6=Krystedez(wifi wario). Dont remember much other than i lost both games.

I got 33rd place. BETTER THAN NOID. and i didn have to use my 2ndary.

lol speaking of noid, there was a guy at mlg dallas named NOID so when his name was called people were like "YOU MUST DO DAT MM NOW" so i ran to the bathroom to prepare my self(took a creamy poo) for the ULTIMATE BATTLE! When i returned i went to where noid was and realized.......it wasnt THE noid. it was some obese guy with one arm.

the end
ROFL

Also, f**k that. I lost to ESAM and Nick Riddle (stupid Florida. It's your fault the Sonics placed so high clearly.) You lost to Tearbear and Krystedez.

Enough said.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I think you both did well.

But more importantly, got a new pink controller. In other words, I'm back in business.

Also even more important(to NOID at least), heading to the east for sure in mid-December. Already bought plane tickets to Baltimore.

ZeroL

Smash Apprentice
DJ Rave, the MK - Samus matchup is 100-0. No argueing. If the mk play aggresive and keeps getting in your face with all kinds of moves you're simply doomed and you might just as well put down your controller and wait until the match is over.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
100-0 is exaggerating but it ain't easy.
Realistically I'd put it at about 80-20, like what Hive said loooong ago, I totally dissagreed back then but not anymore, I find we have better options against Falco. Srsly Airdodge and a well spaced zair will make him not want to use lasers as much, condition the falco to play more aggro, we still lose there, but at least we don't get three stocked :urg:

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
if the MK's good and spaces them correctly yeah, you can't do ****. you can't jump, you can't run you can't lower your shield, you HAVE to wait for him to land, and then you have ONE chance with ****TY options to do anything to him. he's not going to be zair range away, he'll be on your doorstep, the only thing I can think of would be in this situation is Dtilt

EDIT: and Ftilt. bloody godsend in that MU.

Xyro77

ROFL

Also, f**k that. I lost to ESAM and Nick Riddle (stupid Florida. It's your fault the Sonics placed so high clearly.) You lost to Tearbear and Krystedez.

Enough said.
i was also seed 28. MLG knows how to seed the best samus.

as for you.......

u suck g-dawg

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I mean... I've played M2K, Judge, and Kel, among other metaknights. It's not like I don't ever play anyone haha

I'm not saying it's a good match-up, I'm just saying it's not 100-0 because there aren't any 100-0 match-ups.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
I personally have the same trouble vs MK as i do Falco. I find them fairly easy to read myself, but it is still very frustrating. Personally, my hardest MU is Olimar. God**** spaceman >.>

Top Bottom