• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird stuff.

So this weekend I'm going to be entering (among other tournaments) a mid-tier tourney.
I think I might got dis :cool:

Except that most of the people in the midwest main mid-tiers D:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Digimon avatar!!!

I LOVE YOU!!!

MARRY ME!!!

HAVE MY CHILDREN!!!

LET'S GROW OLD TOGETHER!!!
Anything between the quotes i've already promised to another woman.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
You promise something that doesn't really belong to you to someone else? (avatar)
Well good luck with that....
Lawl, j/k

I have been staying up till like 4 AM EST most of the summer and waking around 1-2 PM

I actually discovered a new anime that i am actually enjoying a lot. Funny how i actually found it in the $3 bin in a Big Lots. It includes the first 4 episodes so i am likely to see if i can find the rest

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I wanted to CP samus vs snake (barely lost with falco, could have gone either way) but he changed to mk

booooooo

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
What is sleep?

Seriously. I just pass out at random intervals and have a period of lucid dreaming/it's more like daydreaming. It's usually coupled with paralysis and seemingly lasts forever/yeah this is part of the reason why Inception bored me, been there done that/<spoiler>wtf did only one guy get shot in tha van.</spoiler> Also typing in no color is weird and I'm bored and kinda feel like brawling sometime today.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I wanted to CP samus vs snake (barely lost with falco, could have gone either way) but he changed to mk

booooooo
Samus vs Snake is pretty dumb. Another heavy weight coupled with our inability to kill. Also, his dthrow tech chase is annoying too haha. I believe Snake can crouch under our get up attack. I have not tested this for myself.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
What is sleep?

Seriously. I just pass out at random intervals and have a period of lucid dreaming/it's more like daydreaming. It's usually coupled with paralysis and seemingly lasts forever/yeah this is part of the reason why Inception bored me, been there done that/<spoiler>wtf did only one guy get shot in tha van.</spoiler> Also typing in no color is weird and I'm bored and kinda feel like brawling sometime today.
White? I am disappoint.

Oh. There's a spoiler. Ah, good old Ismar.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Tested it earlier. It works if Snake is behind her/far enough, not when he was in front(I was assuming people still didn't rely that much on tech chasing from D-throw anymore, lol). Unless certain controller port inputs affect anything. I personally try to predict their read > Up B OoS/spotdodge, which works sometimes but doesn't other times. Ports/Snakes confuse me. <3 NOID

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Tested it earlier. It works if Snake is behind her/far enough, not when he was in front(I was assuming people still didn't rely that much on tech chasing from D-throw anymore, lol). Unless certain controller port inputs affect anything. I personally try to predict their read > Up B OoS/spotdodge, which works sometimes but doesn't other times. Ports/Snakes confuse me. <3 NOID
It was confusing to me too until I read this. There are other posts that go further, but that one explains it well enough; just look through the thread if you want more (that was good enough for me lol)

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Cool, thanks for the info Issy. I hate getting tech chased, especially since Samus' roll is kinda slow.

I was playing with some casuals a while ago and when I told them about port priority, they called me a cheater haha.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Well

MK da bess, obviously.

Cherry had the last post. OVER A year ago.
Indeed I did.

Well last night was fun. I woke up and though my arm was bleeding, turns out it was just a huge red stamp I got from one of the many bars 6 bars, I just counted stamps. Just happpy they aren't tattoo's :\

Drinking has it's moments where you really just want to shoot yourself in the foot.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Indeed I did.

Well last night was fun. I woke up and though my arm was bleeding, turns out it was just a huge red stamp I got from one of the many bars 6 bars, I just counted stamps. Just happpy they aren't tattoo's :\

Drinking has it's moments where you really just want to shoot yourself in the foot.
There is a reason why they say "pick your poison", you aren't meant to have too much alcohol lol

I myself can't stand the taste of any alcoholic beverage, the only ones i haven't tried are liquor, beer, and vodka, and i highly doubt i would enjoy ANY of them

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
There is a reason why they say "pick your poison", you aren't meant to have too much alcohol lol

I myself can't stand the taste of any alcoholic beverage, the only ones i haven't tried are liquor, beer, and vodka, and i highly doubt i would enjoy ANY of them
This is the reason you MIX things :D

I'd talk about it more but I don't think we're allowed to discuss alcohol

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
This is the reason you MIX things :D

I'd talk about it more but I don't think we're allowed to discuss alcohol
I believe I'm quite the exception, I never really talk too much about how to make it taste good, but I talk about being inebriated

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
^
Win

Lawl. Well the only time i can ever think of being inebriated was...wow, i have never been inebriated that i can remember. Though i probably was when i was WAY younger and got the silver caps i had on my baby teeth like 8-10 years ago.

I have seen people inebriated though and i don't know why anyone would WANT to be inebriated

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
^
Win

Lawl. Well the only time i can ever think of being inebriated was...wow, i have never been inebriated that i can remember. Though i probably was when i was WAY younger and got the silver caps i had on my baby teeth like 8-10 years ago.

I have seen people inebriated though and i don't know why anyone would WANT to be inebriated
Yea...that's the same mindset I used to have.

Then I went to college :laugh: My school is fantastic (top ten in the US, I think it's 7 right now) but it loves to party

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Top 10? What school do you go to?

Lol, i prefer keeping my mind intact and not waking up somewhere i would rather not or actually remember what happened to me last night (*think of The Hangover)

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Top 10? What school do you go to?

Lol, i prefer keeping my mind intact and not waking up somewhere i would rather not or actually remember what happened to me last night (*think of The Hangover)
University of Pennsylvania - the ivy you never hear about :laugh:

And it's truly not that bad. I've have NEVER gotten that disoriented, even when I had too much for my system. I had some fairly unpleasant experiences early on (I'm sure everyone does lol) but after I learned my limitations, how to take proper precautions, and what to do afterwards, it's been rare for me to have an unpleasant experience.

So yea, once you learn your limit you're fine basically

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Pennsylvania? Nice.
I myself am aiming for MIT

Lawl, well, i just don't think i will be the one for alcohol. I know my system can take it and that i wouldn't get drunk too easily, but i likely won't have any sort of alcohol aside from the occasional bout of wine or shampagne on a special occasion.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Pennsylvania? Nice.
I myself am aiming for MIT

Lawl, well, i just don't think i will be the one for alcohol. I know my system can take it and that i wouldn't get drunk too easily, but i likely won't have any sort of alcohol aside from the occasional bout of wine or shampagne on a special occasion.
Wine is terrible. I probably just haven't had any good wine, but the wine I have had tasted like beer, which tastes like crap. (Except Yuengling.)

And good luck on MIT! I was never technical enough to apply to a school like that :laugh: And who knows - college might change you ;) Sure did in my case. I was flat out, 100% against alcohol when I went to school. It was still a good 2 months before I drank anything. (I think my first time was actually Halloween.)

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
The taste of wine HEAVILY depends on how well it was made much like beer. Beer is kind of the more casual thing while wine is more refined. Alcohol is an aquired taste but who knows, you may be right. But if i do start enjoying alcohol, i am **** sure i won't abuse it.

Lol why thanks. I have always been big in technology and my career choice may very well depend on that division since i plan on going into the science industry, mostly micro biology and molecular genetics

Plus, MIT is very high in the more science oriented colleges

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
The taste of wine HEAVILY depends on how well it was made much like beer. Beer is kind of the more casual thing while wine is more refined. Alcohol is an aquired taste but who knows, you may be right. But if i do start enjoying alcohol, i am **** sure i won't abuse it.

Lol why thanks. I have always been big in technology and my career choice may very well depend on that division since i plan on going into the science industry, mostly micro biology and molecular genetics

Plus, MIT is very high in the more science oriented colleges
Yea I know. Plus all the technical geniuses there make all kinds of cool stuff in their dorms *jealous* >.> And no need to abuse it, during the school year I probably don't go out more than once every two weeks, if that much (considerably less when i've got a show going on [part of a theater group]).

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Kind of reminds me of the makers of Google =3

Lol that isn't what i meant. I meant that i wouldn't drink very often at all even if i did enjoy it. Perhaps abuse was the wrong word. Likely only once every blue moon lol.

Lol a theater group? Cool. I could never really act real well, or at least i don't think so =3

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Yeah. Kind of reminds me of the makers of Google =3

Lol that isn't what i meant. I meant that i wouldn't drink very often at all even if i did enjoy it. Perhaps abuse was the wrong word. Likely only once every blue moon lol.

Lol a theater group? Cool. I could never really act real well, or at least i don't think so =3
I'm not the world's greatest actor either, but what I lack in acting ability I make up for with my voice :D I can dance pretty well too - not fantastic, but that's mostly cuz I never took the time to get properly trained

That signature is still too cool XD

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Got an offline tourney tomorrow :p

Should i go Samus? It's not for cas...

Wait, there are pot splittings...

Cash tourney, i play Samus?

Omega you have earned another page in your "Guide to Samus" booklet <3.

I wish you the best of luck in your tournament, LP.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
University of Pennsylvania - the ivy you never hear about :laugh:

And it's truly not that bad. I've have NEVER gotten that disoriented, even when I had too much for my system. I had some fairly unpleasant experiences early on (I'm sure everyone does lol) but after I learned my limitations, how to take proper precautions, and what to do afterwards, it's been rare for me to have an unpleasant experience.

So yea, once you learn your limit you're fine basically
Kinda late on the response, but Vocal knows what's up.

Good luck LP, Omega knows juust how to play smash :p

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I went to college and didn't change much. But then again my school sucks and has the ****tiest parties. Anyway, these types of events are rare for me too - maybe 3-4 times a year.
Yea, I suppose every school's different; some just party harder than others

But seriously, my school likes to take it to another level. Thursday is a party night >.>

I don't get down with that, but it's funny to watch other people :laugh:

Top Bottom