• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Crystanium

Smash Hero
The Wii Remote is used exclusively for Metroid: Other M. Yoshio Sakamoto wanted this, and if he couldn't get it, Other M would not be made. The D-pad will allow Samus to move in 8 directions, and she can use the Sense Move by tapping any of the 8 directions before the enemy attack hits. The A Button will allow Samus to use the Morph Ball. 1 will be used to jump, and 2 will be used to fire. Dropping Bombs will be by using the Morph Ball mode and tapping 2. Holding 2 will make Samus use a Power Bomb. To go in first-person, the Wii Remote is turned from sideways to pointing toward the screen like in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. When Samus is in first-person, if the A Button is held, Samus will use a new technique called Concentration. Because there aren't any Energy and Missile pick-ups in Other M, Concentration will restore some of Samus' Energy, but only enough to survive. However, Missiles will be fully replenished.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
^
Hmm, so concentration essentially gives you infinite missles, nice, but bit sketchy imho.
I also think it was strange for Yoshio to require the wii-mote by itself. I haven't played a game that uses just the wiimote since Super Paper Mario. I do wish that he at least made it Wiimote+nunchuk.
But from what i have seen so far, this should be pretty **** good regardless

Crystanium

Smash Hero
^
Hmm, so concentration essentially gives you infinite missles, nice, but bit sketchy imho.
I also think it was strange for Yoshio to require the wii-mote by itself. I haven't played a game that uses just the wiimote since Super Paper Mario. I do wish that he at least made it Wiimote+nunchuk.
But from what i have seen so far, this should be pretty **** good regardless
Nope. It's just going to be the Wii Remote. See here. It works like the original NES controller.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
The Wii Remote is used exclusively for Metroid: Other M. Yoshio Sakamoto wanted this, and if he couldn't get it, Other M would not be made. The D-pad will allow Samus to move in 8 directions, and she can use the Sense Move by tapping any of the 8 directions before the enemy attack hits. The A Button will allow Samus to use the Morph Ball. 1 will be used to jump, and 2 will be used to fire. Dropping Bombs will be by using the Morph Ball mode and tapping 2. Holding 2 will make Samus use a Power Bomb. To go in first-person, the Wii Remote is turned from sideways to pointing toward the screen like in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. When Samus is in first-person, if the A Button is held, Samus will use a new technique called Concentration. Because there aren't any Energy and Missile pick-ups in Other M, Concentration will restore some of Samus' Energy, but only enough to survive. However, Missiles will be fully replenished.
Noooo I hate using the wiimote. :( This might hold me back from getting it... I'm not too familiar with the storyline anyway.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
*Sees Olimar as your character*

Get out. Now.

@Cherry, I know hun, sorry ;___;
Hey, I'm picking her up as my low tier!!! I love Samus! She was my main before I learned how to play for real; when my friend kept kicking my ***, I searched for a new character and eventually found Olimar, but I still have a place in my heart for Samus

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Hey, I'm picking her up as my low tier!!! I love Samus! She was my main before I learned how to play for real; when my friend kept kicking my ***, I searched for a new character and eventually found Olimar, but I still have a place in my heart for Samus
I kick my friends ***' with samus. GTFO n00b.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
So? Yours doesn't say anything, and Issy's just says random. I wish Samus was better just like the rest of you ;-;

edit: and yea, I'm a Samus noob, and I didn't even know anything about playing the game back then so I wouldn'tve have ever come close to kicking anyone's *** with Samus. I didn't know what a missile cancel was - for that matter I didn't even know what short hop was.

Ok, I'm sorry I said anything guys, I'm not enough of an insider to talk bad about Samus.

My character has no picture next to it, because I mod two different boards, displaying either character may show bias.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
My character has no picture next to it, because I mod two different boards, displaying either character may show bias.
LOL no u. has to be the worst excuse ever

you don't even play fox? and why does EVERY OTHER mod have character "Preference"? Also, vocal, do whatchu want, as long as you don't make Xyro mad, when he gets mad, the rest of us have to put up with his **** and so we also tend to get mad.

Now drop it.

EDIT in other news, I'm going to work, Peace Y'all

I actually do play Fox, so kindly stfu Cherry darlin'.

That is my reason for not showing a character next to my name, no other reason AT ALL.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Post up your fox vids :) My friend mains fox and could use some more reference vids. I told him to look up samboner already haha. Anyway, I will have my wii thursday so if anyone wants to lag it up. I'll be horrible though. Gotta learn to compensate for the lag. SD central!

Top Bottom