• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Would like to stick around, but...

He's also sort of right. This place is dead. Nothing goes on outside of the social thread. We should just re-name it the Social board.
The lack of non-social, non-stickied threads available within the default sorting algorithm (i.e. what's viewable by non-members) doesn't exactly help matters. Since I don't generally hang around social boards, I suppose I'll vanish along with my thread, just as others before it. It's a shame really, because Samus is a fun character despite her obvious flaws, IMHO.

I'll just leave my two cents here on the table.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
That's because this character is stagnant and always will be because she has literally nothing going for her. Even with Meta Knight out of the picture, she still loses to most of the high tier because she's too slow for her zoning game to mean anything. There won't be any development with her because everything there is to be found has already been discovered. She's not the worst character in the game, but she's always been the least-used character in the North American tournament circuit, and for good reason. Everything she can do, someone else can do better.

You could argue that a perfectly played Samus can go even with Snake, which means there's some hope for increased representation when the updated Unity ruleset takes effect in 2012, but Falco and Diddy shut her down completely. Marth is too fast for her. As stupid as it is, she's better when she's not wearing her nigh-invulnerable, planet-destroying battle armor.

tl;dr

Sakurai dun goofed.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Holy **** Serris, you actually got to lock a thread and infract someone in your own room?????

How does it feel? :p

David Wonn

Smash Ace
From a Ganon perspective

That's because this character is stagnant and always will be because she has literally nothing going for her. [...]
True, she has a lot against her. However, that doesn't stop the Ganon boards from being a little more active, for instance. And he's even more hopeless. Maybe more Ganons overlook their tier and just enjoy playing and posting? There's just something more fun about playing the low tiers for some reason.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Holy **** Serris, you actually got to lock a thread and infract someone in your own room?????

How does it feel? :p
See:

Christmas came early.
Twice, even! My red name is finally seeing some use! Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have Sago and Bil posting in here and contributing to the room's activity, but I'd rather they do it in a way that's actually permissible or isn't directly intended to antagonize me. I'm just enforcing the rules, I don't make them.

omg another thing for serris to do??????? must be his lucky week LOLOL
No kidding.

Top Bottom