• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Roy forum Casual/Spam (ABOUT ROY!) Thread

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
*claps hands* Another one joins the club. Marth>Roy. However, in terms of who I like Roy>Marth. I can use Roy, I can't use Marth. If I go Roy against Zelda....it's last stock Chaos. If I got Marth agaisnt Zelda....it's Fsmash gayness for 3 stocks until they switch to shiek and **** me, xD. Why is that? The world may never know >_>

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
well guys I did pretty well at the tournament I went to. go to the the tournament result thread and click on the one that says " Iori sucks at smash" and check out how I did. I might have gone further but I got knocked out by xif (peach) and spaceballs (samus) . Roy's worst matchups imo

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
well guys I did pretty well at the tournament I went to. go to the the tournament result thread and click on the one that says " Iori sucks at smash" and check out how I did. I might have gone further but I got knocked out by xif (peach) and spaceballs (samus) . Roy's worst matchups imo
Come on guys I got 9th in a tournament with 40 some people. With ROY! check out the results in the tournament forum.

Has everyone heard about Sethlon beating Forward's sheik? Pretty insane, huh?
how about me beating viperboy's falco and Ihavespaceballs' samus, and I almost beat xif's peach.(in friendlies)

moj4991

Smash Cadet
guys, Marth's recovery ius better because he's floaty.
Roy's is more horizontal, it evens out in the end, and besides how often do you find yourself too far below the stage to recover as roy and succeed with marth from the same position. Besides I changed my mind. Roy>Marth

Oshiro

Smash Journeyman
New? Roy Technique

I was thinking, that on fast fallers, around 60%-90%, you could do the >B^B^B>B combo and get the 4th hit to connect. The 3rd ^B hit pops them up perfectly for the 4th hit to work.

I know that DI'ing the 3rd hit to the sides would prevent this combo from happening.

However, due to conditioning, people expect the 3rd hit to be >B, making the other person DI up, which sets up the 4th hit. Also, if they DI'ing this combo, there isn't really any punishment because you have a decent amount of time to see where they DI, allowing you to either use the 4th hit, or tech chase into a grab or something. Lastly, if they DI to the sides, the >B^B>B combo would hit them out farther because they would have bad DI on the 3rd >B, so you could mix it up and be more unpredictable.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I was thinking, that on fast fallers, around 60%-90%, you could do the >B^B^B>B combo and get the 4th hit to connect. The 3rd ^B hit pops them up perfectly for the 4th hit to work.

I know that DI'ing the 3rd hit to the sides would prevent this combo from happening.

However, due to conditioning, people expect the 3rd hit to be >B, making the other person DI up, which sets up the 4th hit. Also, if they DI'ing this combo, there isn't really any punishment because you have a decent amount of time to see where they DI, allowing you to either use the 4th hit, or tech chase into a grab or something. Lastly, if they DI to the sides, the >B^B>B combo would hit them out farther because they would have bad DI on the 3rd >B, so you could mix it up and be more unpredictable.
we all know about the DED combos are. here's the problem with yours.

1) the second hit can throw the whole combo of. I'd do the >B on the second instead.
2) the third hit could be teched.
3) the imvinsible frames after third hit.

Oshiro

Smash Journeyman
we all know about the DED combos are. here's the problem with yours.

1) the second hit can throw the whole combo of. I'd do the >B on the second instead.
2) the third hit could be teched.
3) the imvinsible frames after third hit.
I have never seen this combo before, ever. No vids of it, nor has there been any discussion of it.

1. No it doesn't, I've done it to people before
2. Its not techable, the 3rd ^B pops them up to high
3. wtf are u talking about?

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I have never seen this combo before, ever. No vids of it, nor has there been any discussion of it.

1. No it doesn't, I've done it to people before
2. Its not techable, the 3rd ^B pops them up to high
3. wtf are u talking about?
the 3rd ^B can meteor.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Workin on it =/ I actually wanted to have it out by like, today...but then rum happened. Or atleast so I'm told.

Also, guys, what Orihso is trying to say...the second swipe (^) sends them up too far the the third swipe to spike, so it pops them up a tad more with the tip hit, setting them up for the stronger 4th hit, rather than the third over swipe. His little set up would especially work on people that are DIing the over third swipe correctly.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
wow i havent been in here for a while.
seth, i heard from rebel that you were impressed by ike. are you planning on maining him?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Lol, probably.

If i find someone who I like whos better, I'll play as him/her though. Low tier is fun an' all, but i'd like to actually win tournies sometime =/

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That's like saying Ganon's utilt might be good if you keep spamming it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That's like saying Rock beats Paper because you always pick Rock.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
yes spam about roy, and not about whatever you wanna talk about

thats how character spam threads work

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Seth, how's that combo vid. working out? I think I found the song I wanna use for mine, lol. I also found out that Neo and I share a combo, O.o. Weirdness to the millionth degree. "Crank that Roy" Lol, I should start using that for my posts. That will be the song for my Combo vid. Hopefully I can get together and get some great footage for my Roy. ^_^

Sidenote: According to LK, Ike actually might be really good. No flames, I'm just relating what I heard from LK at SPOC4. Roykid seems to be drawn to Ike as well.

"Crank that Roy"

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
My computer is being super ****ty right now, so its comin along pretty slow =/ Crank that roy? Lol.

Yeah, from what i've seen Ike is pretty good (and i've hunted for pretty much every brawl vid that i can possibly manage). NinjaLink and RoK are playing Ike too, so it seems like all the roy players are gonna use him. Reed's already got an Ike combo vid, lawl.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Jeebus, already? I'll have to look for it. I plan on entering this Brawl Tourney that Gamestop is having. Screw the fact that it's a Gamestop tourney. 5 grand ain't nothing to sneeze at. So long as I don't run into people like Ken or Isai, I'll be fine. ^_^ I just want to get SOME Brawl practice before it begins. Maybe I can get scar to visit the day of and we can play for the day. Oh and Crank that Roy is actually...well it's interesting. If I can find the link to it, I'll post it.

edit: Here it is
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V9nLlEKQKAQ

"Crank that Roy"

comboking

Smash Master
me too that is a lot to ask considering he said his computer is ****TY:mad:

Edit:yeah 500th post
only took 3 months

vZakat

Half Genie
My roommate will be getting a capture card soon, so I'll probably make a combo vid as well. And I won't be using Ike. I never liked him ever since I first saw pictures of him before FE9 was released.

Top Bottom