• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Roy forum Casual/Spam (ABOUT ROY!) Thread

moj4991

Smash Cadet
wtf r u guys talkin about, roy is way better then marth, near the edge Dthrow> fsmash LOL
Thank you somebody agree that marth is inferior to Roy no matter how close MArth seems to roy's greatness, he will never match ROY!!! Unless I am terrible at reading other people and that lol was you laughing at me

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
no, Roy is definately better then Marth. better aerials, better range, better combos, and better spacing.

moj4991

Smash Cadet
Does anybody ever post anything, this is my favorite hangout and now it's empty, i have no one to discuss roy with and this greatly disappoints me because there aren't many good other forums that i like, any suggestions?

moj4991

Smash Cadet
wow ur dumb, look around the 20 pages.
I said recently i have an education thank you. Does anybody else have comments about my non-existent stupidity? Does anybody know of any non official little tournaments around NJ where i a can see the difference between me using Roy and me using Marth

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
i was just watching 300 and marth reminds me of the spartans. coordinated attacks, powerful, precise. but spartans are more manly. roy is like the arcadians. they fail at fighting and just hack and slash. marth=pro.
You my good friend are a *******. Roy = Spartan. Marth = Sailorscout.

Seriously. Roy taunt is YAHHHHH, manliness. His sword and power is beefier. Marth... is like a sailorscout, his taint is ghei, he acts womanly, nothing is manly about him. Also, 4/5 girls agree Roy is teh sexy fire. you.. my friend.. ARE AN IDIOT.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Idiots calling other people idiots... it's a little strange, right?

For holding a legendary Sword of Seals and swinging his sword slower than Marth... Roy's power kinda disappoints.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Idiots calling other people idiots... it's a little strange, right?

For holding a legendary Sword of Seals and swinging his sword slower than Marth... Roy's power kinda disappoints.
Then stop calling other idiots idiots you idiot. Sides, Roy is a beast, period. Just like Ike will be. And I'll gladly pwn you back and forth Mr.Noobster.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Then stop calling other idiots idiots you idiot.
Oh, a fun game! This is where I can follow up with something like
A foolishly foolish idea born from the foolish mind of a foolhardy foolish fool.
and an OBJECTION! occurs.

And I'll gladly pwn you back and forth Mr.Noobster.
...Are you calling me out on a challenge I never made? 'Cause if you are, I guess I'll challenge you so everything fits together... retroactively. It all works out in the end.... or would it be the beginning when everything works out this time? I dunno. Manipulation of time is fun.

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
I thought that Roy and Marth swung at the same time with the same amount of lag throughout the smash. It may seem that Marth swings faster because you can hit them with the tip of the sword, which will cover a greater distance than the thick of Roy's blade.

So, it's the same range and speed, it's just that Marth's sweet spot is on the tip of his sword, making it feel faster and longer, as to where Roy you just bat them back a foot with the tip of his blade.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I thought that Roy and Marth swung at the same time with the same amount of lag throughout the smash. It may seem that Marth swings faster because you can hit them with the tip of the sword, which will cover a greater distance than the thick of Roy's blade.

So, it's the same range and speed, it's just that Marth's sweet spot is on the tip of his sword, making it feel faster and longer, as to where Roy you just bat them back a foot with the tip of his blade.
this is an old theory proven wrong by many. Marth's is slightly faster and I believe has a little less lag. and the range counts for spacing (all though it's more manly to hit them up close), so Roy's true range isn't that helpful. and I may be wrong, but I think that in some cases like the Uair and the Usmash, because Marth is taller, he has slightly more range.

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
Just for the sake of saying: If Marth is taller, that means he's a bigger target. He might be able to hit people from more distance than Roy, wouldn't that also mean he can get sooner than him?

I know it goes much deeper than that, including hit stun times and combo ability, I'm just making a small point.

Is Marth's Up smash all that useful? Every time I use it, it doesn't work hardly at all, but with Roy it's excellent.

I've almost come up with a way to consistantly spike using his up smash, but I have a few days of testing for my data to be conclusive.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
You my good friend are a *******. Roy = Spartan. Marth = Sailorscout.

Seriously. Roy taunt is YAHHHHH, manliness. His sword and power is beefier. Marth... is like a sailorscout, his taint is ghei, he acts womanly, nothing is manly about him. Also, 4/5 girls agree Roy is teh sexy fire. you.. my friend.. ARE AN IDIOT.
LOL, i think youre the mother****er around here rok. go get banned again. youre pretty ****ing ******** for a 19 year old. go to college for gods sake.
and think about it for a second ****tard, who gets ***** more, roy or marth.

blah, i admit i was harsh on rok there. but honestly, what made become such a jerk who takes any statement of opinion as provocation for flaming?

leefan

Smash Cadet
wow waltz, thats quite alot of hatred, but i can't say that i don't agree.
seriously rok, you should really just stop being stubborn and immature. just because you may be better at roy than marth, does not mean that roy is better. just shutup and go to college noob.
and for the record, ROY SUCKS. sucky recovery, and sucky wavedash.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Roy's un-angled recovery doesn't reach as high as Marth's by about a full Falchion-length.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol, that's like saying Captain Falcon's recovery is good. Sure, it reaches far, but if your opponent's on the stage then you're just going to get edgeguarded.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I have to agree roy's recovery is Pretty sweet if it Was angled fully it cover's 1/3 of FD while Marth can't angle his at all. But the Move is easy to edge hog It's also always predictiable you now where Roy is Going to aim for the edge of course So bam Edge Hog nothing roy can do about that. Or just Light shield the edge roy hits u you fall back edgehog Roy again. His Blazer is to predictable But it is awesome.

And his DED Can you say Godly?
I love DED best Move Roy has Beside's Dtilt.
It kill's CC, It Has a Metoer built in and It can Sheild stab.(plus major Knockback.)
I just Love that Move.
It is overall Better then Marth Dancing blade.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's not that different >_>

And for the record, Marth can definitely angle his Up+B. Just not nearly as much as Roy can.

moj4991

Smash Cadet
It's not that different >_>

And for the record, Marth can definitely angle his Up+B. Just not nearly as much as Roy can.
Prove it i've never seen it happen.
The only reason Marth's recovery doesn't suck is because of his incredibly long reach.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Prove it i've never seen it happen.
The only reason Marth's recovery doesn't suck is because of his incredibly long reach.
i think you need to "lurk moar" considering that you just joined a few weeks ago. marth can angle his UpB but not as visually dramatic as roy's arching blazer.
and marths recovery also doesnt suck because marth is floaty, and roy falls like a rock.

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
i think you need to "lurk moar" considering that you just joined a few weeks ago. marth can angle his UpB but not as visually dramatic as roy's arching blazer.
and marths recovery also doesnt suck because marth is floaty, and roy falls like a rock.
Is Marth more able to the side-b's in recovery due to the same reasons? Or is the move varied in itself?

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Roy's recovery isn't terrible because the priority of the blazer at the top is AMAZING. How many times have you blazered someone out of a charging smash for them to think or say "what in the world??"

However, if you ever play against someone who has balls to edgeguard roy by going WAY OFF THE LEVEL, then yes Roy's recovery is garbage and he should never get back on the stage.

moj4991

Smash Cadet
Yes your right, my joining a few weeks ago obviously suggests that I have never in my life played smash before that moment.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Is Marth more able to the side-b's in recovery due to the same reasons? Or is the move varied in itself?
The first reason, pretty much. The first side-b has a slight vertical boost, the next two stall you in the air, any after that just slow down your horizontal movement.

But, Roy's second and third don't stall him in the air for long enough, because he starts falling before you can even do the next one.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Yes your right, my joining a few weeks ago obviously suggests that I have never in my life played smash before that moment.
yes, im very sure youve never played smash before that moment because just a week ago, you were asserting that roy was better than marth, thus leading me to conclude that you havent played this game competitively at all. rule of thumb: roy<marth. /gg

moj4991

Smash Cadet
Not competitively but I still watched a lot and still knew a few things and yes I have learned Marth>Roy in terms of speed and therefore ability. I still like Roy more than Marth.

Top Bottom