• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Roy For Brawl Thread: Support Our Boy Roy (Roy Subspace story made in latest post

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Well, hopefully they will decide to bring over all of the Japan-only Fire Emblems. Maybe if FEDS sells well, they will decide to port or remake other Japan-only Fire Emblems.
Something actually tells me that Intelligent Systems will be remaking the Japanese FE games.

My only bets for the possible remakes are:

- FE1/3 (Currently on process)
- FE4/5 (Celice/Leaf alternate route in)
- FE6

Those are my bets, the FE4/5 one seems kind of tough for a DS... and maybe FE6 could be remade to be sort of like FE4, y'know what I mean, right?

Hazhulkhen

Smash Rookie
It basically talks about Marth and Roy's history, then asks "Will Ike be able to surpass them?"

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
BrawlCentral messed up another translation saying that scan says that both Marth and Roy were cut in favor of Ike. The fact that they mentioned Marth as being cut should tell you how credible BrawlCentral's translation is.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
hey guys i finished exams :) now i can be as active as i was before and no ike will never surpass marth especialy with that lousy show in brawl being a rubbish tier

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
BrawlCentral messed up another translation saying that scan says that both Marth and Roy were cut in favor of Ike. The fact that they mentioned Marth as being cut should tell you how credible BrawlCentral's translation is.
They just said the quote might mean that, not that it does.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
That quote says "Will Ike be able to surpass his prediccessors." It doesn't really mean anything one way or the other. Ike replace Marth and Roy? How will Ike deal with Marth and Roy? Both of these are questions that can easily be derived from this quote, and neither is more credible than the other. Thus, I don't think this quote affects their chances at all, and is simply a way to build suspense (like confirming Black Shadow as an AT, but still no Captain Falcon. Like Confirming Zelda, but convieniently keeping her down B secret both on the dojo and at E for all)

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
That quote says "Will Ike be able to surpass his prediccessors." It doesn't really mean anything one way or the other. Ike replace Marth and Roy? How will Ike deal with Marth and Roy? Both of these are questions that can easily be derived from this quote, and neither is more credible than the other. Thus, I don't think this quote affects their chances at all, and is simply a way to build suspense (like confirming Black Shadow as an AT, but still no Captain Falcon. Like Confirming Zelda, but convieniently keeping her down B secret both on the dojo and at E for all)
Exactly. Besides,l everyone at Famitsu probly already know who's in.

courte

Smash Lord
...yay ness
this is sort of a step in our cause as well

most, but not all, immediately though of the worse case scenario, add on top of that Forum Celebs Panda and Youko had believed Ness would not be returning... but lo and behold... goes to show how much we know

[[although personally w/ ashley, perhaps we were asking too much--after all this is the wario franchise's first outing... after this he'll be entitled to ashley... and yes that is me still hoping captain syrup will be in]]

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, the character roster should be revealed next week. However, there are rumors going around that the 35 character roster is the real deal. In that case I will be sending PMs to all the people that want to be notified to leave as soon as the roster leaks today. In the event that Roy does not make it, we Knights of Elibe will meet up on March 10th to discuss how to make Roy return for Smash Bros. 4.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Well, the character roster should be revealed next week. However, there are rumors going around that the 35 character roster is the real deal. In that case I will be sending PMs to all the people that want to be notified to leave as soon as the roster leaks today. In the event that Roy does not make it, we Knights of Elibe will meet up on March 10th to discuss how to make Roy return for Smash Bros. 4.
35 CHAR ROSTER IS FAKE!!! This is my reasoning:

Let's look at the characters we have now.
There are 25 characters on the Dojo. 23 are selectable characters, (As in, they'll appear on the character select screen) and there are 27 total playable characters with Zamus, Shiek and counting PT as 3.

We have the now confirmed Ness, Lucario, and Jigglypuff, which brings up the selectable character count to 26 (more than Melee already), and 30 total playable characters.

Now we have the semi-confirmed Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Luigi, and Krystal, which would bring the selectable character count to 30, and 34 total playable characters!

There are still the 8 unconfirmed veterans:

Dr. Mario*
Falco
Young Link (will return as WW Link)
Pichu*
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
Roy*
*Virtually no chance of returning

This brings the roster to 35 selectable, and 39 total playable characters. No other Newcomers? I call bull****!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
35 CHAR ROSTER IS FAKE!!! This is my reasoning:

Let's look at the characters we have now.
There are 25 characters on the Dojo. 23 are selectable characters, (As in, they'll appear on the character select screen) and there are 27 total playable characters with Zamus, Shiek and counting PT as 3.

We have the now confirmed Ness, Lucario, and Jigglypuff, which brings up the selectable character count to 26 (more than Melee already), and 30 total playable characters.

Now we have the semi-confirmed Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Luigi, and Krystal, which would bring the selectable character count to 30, and 34 total playable characters!

There are still the 8 unconfirmed veterans:

Dr. Mario*
Falco
Young Link (will return as WW Link)
Pichu*
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
Roy*
*Virtually no chance of returning

This brings the roster to 35 selectable, and 39 total playable characters. No other Newcomers? I call bull****!
Mewtwo also has the chopping block looming for him. It would be stupid to cut Roy or Mewtwo considering that they are both really popular among casual Smash fans. Really, the only two characters that deserve to be cut are Dr. Mario and Pichu.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Mewtwo also has the chopping block looming for him. It would be stupid to cut Roy or Mewtwo considering that they are both really popular among casual Smash fans. Really, the only two characters that deserve to be cut are Dr. Mario and Pichu.
The clones will either get cut or decloned. Y. Link can be decloned (in the form of WW Link), and Mewtwo is not a clone, and the Lucario leak actually improves his chances if yu do the math. Roy was a clone with little chance of being decloned.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The clones will either get cut or decloned. Y. Link can be decloned (in the form of WW Link), and Mewtwo is not a clone, and the Lucario leak actually improves his chances if yu do the math. Roy was a clone with little chance of being decloned.
Read the opening post. Roy can easily be decloned. I suggest you read SuchimoTheDragon's Roy moveset.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
actualy skrai never said there will be no clones, ppl just twisted it round

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Well, the more I think about it, the more I regret advocating for Roy to be cut. It's not that I don't like Roy, it's just that I was tired of him being grouped in with Marth, who is leagues above every other lord in both importance and popularity. I guess that tempted me to neglect Roy's popularity in melee altogether, and focus solely on his importance and popularity in FE. I guess I just conviniently overlooked his popularity in melee in order to further differentiate him from Marth (and to support another FE character, Micaiah).

I still have my doubts, but Roy does seem to have a much higher chance of returning than I had once thought.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
NO ROY.

He was a walking advertisment.
Roy was indeed an advertisement, however, this is a Roy support topic for a reason. This topic is to show support for Roy, if you have any qualms about Roy, please express it in another topic.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
We're so close to finding out if Roy's in...but I think I'm going to pass and wait until the American release date.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Ya, I'm gonna stay clear of any thing Nintendo related on the internet on the 31st. If Sakurai thinks it would be nice to for us to know before the game release then I'll listen to that... But I couldn't help myself to the Ness/Jiggs/Lucario leak:p

szh

Smash Rookie
SpitFire15 said:
Why would you want a forgettable character like Roy back?
ChronoBound said:
... this is a Roy support topic for a reason. This topic is to show support for Roy, if you have any qualms about Roy, please express it in another topic.
Bring your complaints about Roy somewhere else, thanks.

S2

Smash Lord
I'm not going to lie, Roy is probably the character I least care about.

But there is no reason people should be mad if he was in.

Heck, I'd take him even if he was a "Classic" character. That is, they used his old model and made no improvements.

If there's no time to redo him, might as well have him on the disc in Melee form. He's certainly not a waste of disc space.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I don't know if anyone noticed, but Ness is basically confirmed now, and Ike got the "can he surpass his predecessors (over pictures of Marth and Roy)" comment in Famitsu.

I wonder whp else got that comment, oh was it Lucas in regards to the basically confirmed Ness?

Granted, Famitsu isn't dojo , yet the have a very close relationship with all the gaming companies so anything "leakish" would definitely have to be approved because they undoubtedly signed a non-disclosure agreement before they got the SSBB copy that they reviewed

Of course, it isn't firm evidence, but it does suggest a degree of importance attributed to Roy greater then we had previously thought, and with Marth getting his game in the classic collection (which specifically stated it was for the history of playable characters) I'm definitely sensing a pattern with that statement applied to a character not confirmed yet.

So, since Ness and Marth seem like no-brainers no, anyone else think that Roy's odds are considerably improved due to the context he's been presented in?

szh

Smash Rookie
and with Marth getting his game in the classic collection (which specifically stated it was for the history of playable characters) I'm definitely sensing a pattern with that statement applied to a character not confirmed yet.
Sadly, however they didn't include Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals (Roy's game). Granted it was a GBA game, but well...

I believe however the "can Ike surpass Marth and Roy?" bit increases Marth(like his chances need increasing) and Roy's chances in Brawl. Hell, I was celebrating at Lucas' announcement since I believed the "can Lucas surpass Ness?" bit confirmed Ness :p

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Sadly, however they didn't include Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals (Roy's game). Granted it was a GBA game, but well...

I believe however the "can Ike surpass Marth and Roy?" bit increases Marth(like his chances need increasing) and Roy's chances in Brawl. Hell, I was celebrating at Lucas' announcement since I believed the "can Lucas surpass Ness?" bit confirmed Ness :p
It's not a confirmation, I never suggested it was, all I noted was a pattern, so far two out of the three characters that phrase was attached to are almost sure to be in-game due to, in one case a leak, in another case, being a little bit too revealing with the wording in an official update (Ness and Marth respectively).

But none are officially confirmed yet of course, but the statements do suggest they are all in it together, and with 2 out of the 3 almost definite, it's suggested all 3 will make it.

And yeah, Sword of Seals just isn't old enough for classic status, even though it was a good game. Not as good as Genealogy of the Holy War, but that's a pretty high standard.

Rakath

Smash Ace
On the remakes of FE games that are Japan-only.

FE6 with an FE7 Holy Blood link-up would rock out loud. Especially if it effects weapons, classes, and stats on characters... Since FE7 Supports could be used to adjust the cast of FE6 slightly... or possibly an FE6+7 rerelease in the later future...

On the hate of Micaiah: Step off, Micaiah isn't a Mary-Sue... well, they downplayed her dislike of Laguz in 10, they could have brought it up more to make her more dynamic. Sigurd's half a game of lordship really makes him a top contender for repping the series... (Sarcasm on that Sigurd comment). Oh yeah, and Elincia technically is a Lord in FE9 (not in FE10), as every chapter she's in you lose if she dies. Ike and Micaiah are the only characters in FE10 that must never die under your control.

I'd like Roy back... except I played FE9 and 10, and Ike kinda makes every lord look bad. I mean, Ike is just REALLY that cool. ...Also I'm a Mia fanboy (and a Swordmaster fanboy) so if any other Sword users get in after Ike and Marth... I'd want Ayra/Fir/Mia/Karla/ Marisa/Mia/Karel/Rutger/ Mia/Guy/Karel/Joshua/ Mia/Zihark/Edward/Mia in first... but Roy is still cool. ^_^

True Fool

Smash Ace
Rakath, don't forget Nabarl. He was the merc character who will supposedly be changed to a myrm (he sure looked like a myrm in FE1 and 3) in FE11, not to mention that Sakurai mentioned him as his favorite FE character.

Not trying to say something unpopular, but I think Roy would make a perfect Ike clone. That stupid eruption move is perfect for Roy, whereas it doesn't fit Ike at all. Maybe tweak the more outlandish of Ike's attacks for Roy, like the up ariel, and give him a different up B.

szh

Smash Rookie
All phire moves fits Roy :p
Like how much fire did he have in Melee?

Rakath

Smash Ace
Ike's fire moves would fit if the flames were blue... but that's kinda straying from the topic.

szh

Smash Rookie
Ike's fire moves would fit if the flames were blue... but that's kinda straying from the topic.
Hehe, I was thinking of Yune's blessing. Besides, I've never seen red flames in FE10 :p

Actually I think Roy's forward smash should have the long range flames. That'll be a unique forward smash. The flames should "home" and hit the first guy in a straight line ahead of him.

Similarly Ike should get such a move, but that's offtopic too.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
ok. i wish to join
If you agree to the Knights of Elibe oath you can join.

Also, can a fellow Knight of Elibe vote give this thread five stars?

We are only a few days away from discovering Roy's fate and the roster as a whole. If in the event that Roy does not make it, I will write up some plans to improve our organization by the time SSB4 is announced. I am sorry I did not make this thread soon enough, because I feel if I had made it sooner we could have quelled some the anti-Roy sentiment..

courte

Smash Lord
then i have my request... as i can't stay away from it all for a while month, i only ask these things of you
a pm with
Roy's fate, and if he is in, how he has or has not been changed
the total NUMBER of characters... no more spoilers

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Not trying to say something unpopular, but I think Roy would make a perfect Ike clone. That stupid eruption move is perfect for Roy, whereas it doesn't fit Ike at all. Maybe tweak the more outlandish of Ike's attacks for Roy, like the up ariel, and give him a different up B.
I actually don't know what Sakurai had on his mind, since Ike's blade has Flash-cutting attacks, not Flame-based attacks.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
actualy ikes b is not fire its lava u know eruption? hits the ground...

Top Bottom