• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Roy For Brawl Thread: Support Our Boy Roy (Roy Subspace story made in latest post

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
this is exam week so i wont be active alot but ill try guys

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
I will going back to college again on Wednesday. So once again I will be pretty vacant from this thread most of the day.

Well, anyway, we are about a week away from the roster leak, and finding out about Roy. This week is Sakurai's last chance to show off the real character selection screen before the game's release. I am a bit sorry I did not make this thread sooner, because if I was able to, maybe the anti-Roy sentiment would not have been as high as it is now. Really, I am trying my best to keep this thread as active as possible.

Well, on the bright side, we only have to deal with "prophets" for only one more week.
One prophet revealed himself as fake whenb he said ALex Rovis from ED would be in Brawl.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here is my Roy Subspace Emissary Story:

Roy's story begins with him fencing with Marth. Marth and Roy seem to fight to a draw. All of a sudden, the Halberd flies overhead. Marth and Roy looks upward to the sky, and look in horror as an army of Primids pop out of the ground. Marth, nods toward Roy, and Roy clutches his sword with determination. The level then begins with a two player co-op of Marth and Roy. You fight a Paladin Primid (a Primid riding a demonic horse) as the boss at the end of their level.

After they defeat the Paladin Primid, they hear a maniacal laughter echo from nowhere. Medeus, in his "human" form, materializes out of nowhere and performs a spell. The attack hits Marth and he turns into a trophy. Medeus then begins to repeat the same attack on Roy, however, he is saved at the last second by Captain Falcon. Falcon rushes in at top speed and pushes Roy out of the way. Falcon then calls the Blue Falcon, and then Roy and Falcon jump in and race away. Medeus, angrily yells, and points toward the horizon that the Blue Falcon is racing to. A whole bunch of biker Subspace enemies race after the Blue Falcon.

The next level that Falcon and Roy are in, takes place in a desert. The Blue Falcon, has run out of energy, so they are forced to walk on foot to meet up with the other Smash fighters. They fight a whole bunch of biker Subspace enemies on foot, before coming into some ancient ruins. Inside the ruins, they fight a Golem, monster, Regirock from Pokemon. After defeating this monster, they meet up with Fox and Diddy. Fox agrees to fly them toward a Subspace base (his Arwing has been repaired), however Roy wants to go and save his friend Marth. They fly toward the Subspace base, and Roy goes off on his own in the base.

Roy infiltrates the base stelthly, however, he seems to have been caught by someone. That someone turns out to be Ike. Ike himself is also after Medeus. The two have two sneak by a whole army of guards and security, before they finally come across the room where the Marth trophy is being held. Medeus seems to be trying to destroy the Marth trophy, but to no avail. Roy is dissgusted over what has happened to his friend, and wants to slice and dice Medeus. However, Ike stops him from doing this. Medeus then senses Roy's negative energy, and shouts. Roy and Ike then come out of hiding and charge toward Medeus. Medeus teleports away before the two Fire Emblem heroes are able to inflict pain on him. They go to see where Medeus went off to. All of sudden, a rune appears on the ground. The Black Knight appears out of this rune, and points his sword. Ike grits his teeth, and the two heroes of Fire Emblem then fight the Black Knight.

However, once the Black Knight's damage meter has been half-drained. A siren goes off in the background, indicating that a bomb has been set. The Black Knight then teleports away. Ike and Roy, then bring their attention to the abandoned Marth trophy. Ike and Roy have to escape the Subspace Army base with the Marth trophy. After escaping, they make there way to Skyworld, where they bring the trophy Marth to the goddess Palutena. She then tranforms Marth back into a living being. She then grants all three of them Pegasus horses, which will fly them to where Medeus is hiding out.

The next level has all three of them flying through the air on the Pegasuses, flying toward the next Subspace Army base where Medeus is. Once they arrive, they are promptly greeted by the Black Knight. All three Fire Emblem heroes then battle with the Black Knight, the Black Knight outmatched falls on one of his knees. An angry Medeus appears in the air above the Black Knight, and transforms him into a trophy for failing again to vanquish the heroes of Fire Emblem. Medeus then teleports away again. This base looks more to look like a medieval castle, than a high-tech army base. They fight hundreds of Primids and minions of the Subspace Army. They finally make there way to Medeus's chamber, where they see a whole bunch of characters from Fire Emblem in the form of trophies. Marth, Roy, and Ike then free all the trophy Fire Emblem characters, with their swords that the goddess Palutena blessed.

Medeus then teleports into the trophy chamber only to find that all the heroes of Fire Emblem havbe been brought back to life. They all stare angrily toward Medeus, with their eyes and weapons fixated on him. Backed against a wall and out of options, Medeus laughs, and transforms into his dragon form. An epic battle with Marth, Roy, Ike, and Assist Trophies of every Fire Emblem character that was freed against Medeus ensues. Marth, Roy, and Ike finally defeat Medeus by doing to a powerful tri-attack on him simulatenously. Medeus then dies, and transforms into a trophy. Marth, Roy, and Ike triumphant now seek to meet up with the other Smash fighers and to bring down the entire Subspace Army.

That is my Roy Subspace story, I hope that all of you Roy fans enjoyed it. :)

dragonbladeclock

Smash Cadet

Roy's story begins with him fencing with Marth. Marth and Roy seem to fight to a draw. All of a sudden, the Halberd flies overhead. Marth and Roy looks upward to the sky, and look in horror as an army of Primids pop out of the ground. Marth, nods toward Roy, and Roy clutches his sword with determination. The level then begins with a two player co-op of Marth and Roy. You fight a Paladin Primid (a Primid riding a demonic horse) as the boss at the end of their level.

After they defeat the Paladin Primid, they hear a maniacal laughter echo from nowhere. Medeus, in his "human" form, materializes out of nowhere and performs a spell. The attack hits Marth and he turns into a trophy. Medeus then begins to repeat the same attack on Roy, however, he is saved at the last second by Captain Falcon. Falcon rushes in at top speed and pushes Roy out of the way. Falcon then calls the Blue Falcon, and then Roy and Falcon jump in and race away. Medeus, angrily yells, and points toward the horizon that the Blue Falcon is racing to. A whole bunch of biker Subspace enemies race after the Blue Falcon.

The next level that Falcon and Roy are in, takes place in a desert. The Blue Falcon, has run out of energy, so they are forced to walk on foot to meet up with the other Smash fighters. They fight a whole bunch of biker Subspace enemies on foot, before coming into some ancient ruins. Inside the ruins, they fight a Golem, monster, Regirock from Pokemon. After defeating this monster, they meet up with Fox and Diddy. Fox agrees to fly them toward a Subspace base (his Arwing has been repaired), however Roy wants to go and save his friend Marth. They fly toward the Subspace base, and Roy goes off on his own in the base.

Roy infiltrates the base stelthly, however, he seems to have been caught by someone. That someone turns out to be Ike. Ike himself is also after Medeus. The two have two sneak by a whole army of guards and security, before they finally come across the room where the Marth trophy is being held. Medeus seems to be trying to destroy the Marth trophy, but to no avail. Roy is dissgusted over what has happened to his friend, and wants to slice and dice Medeus. However, Ike stops him from doing this. Medeus then senses Roy's negative energy, and shouts. Roy and Ike then come out of hiding and charge toward Medeus. Medeus teleports away before the two Fire Emblem heroes are able to inflict pain on him. They go to see where Medeus went off to. All of sudden, a rune appears on the ground. The Black Knight appears out of this rune, and points his sword. Ike grits his teeth, and the two heroes of Fire Emblem then fight the Black Knight.

However, once the Black Knight's damage meter has been half-drained. A siren goes off in the background, indicating that a bomb has been set. The Black Knight then teleports away. Ike and Roy, then bring their attention to the abandoned Marth trophy. Ike and Roy have to escape the Subspace Army base with the Marth trophy. After escaping, they make there way to Skyworld, where they bring the trophy Marth to the goddess Palutena. She then tranforms Marth back into a living being. She then grants all three of them Pegasus horses, which will fly them to where Medeus is hiding out.

The next level has all three of them flying through the air on the Pegasuses, flying toward the next Subspace Army base where Medeus is. Once they arrive, they are promptly greeted by the Black Knight. All three Fire Emblem heroes then battle with the Black Knight, the Black Knight outmatched falls on one of his knees. An angry Medeus appears in the air above the Black Knight, and transforms him into a trophy for failing again to vanquish the heroes of Fire Emblem. Medeus then teleports away again. This base looks more to look like a medieval castle, than a high-tech army base. They fight hundreds of Primids and minions of the Subspace Army. They finally make there way to Medeus's chamber, where they see a whole bunch of characters from Fire Emblem in the form of trophies. Marth, Roy, and Ike then free all the trophy Fire Emblem characters, with their swords that the goddess Palutena blessed.

Medeus then teleports into the trophy chamber only to find that all the heroes of Fire Emblem havbe been brought back to life. They all stare angrily toward Medeus, with their eyes and weapons fixated on him. Backed against a wall and out of options, Medeus laughs, and transforms into his dragon form. An epic battle with Marth, Roy, Ike, and Assist Trophies of every Fire Emblem character that was freed against Medeus ensues. Marth, Roy, and Ike finally defeat Medeus by doing to a powerful tri-attack on him simulatenously. Medeus then dies, and transforms into a trophy. Marth, Roy, and Ike triumphant now seek to meet up with the other Smash fighers and to bring down the entire Subspace Army.

That is my Roy Subspace story, I hope that all of you Roy fans enjoyed it. :)
That was intense. Too bad it is unlikely to happen. I love it though.
ROY FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also really like the final battle. Marth, Roy, Ike, and a whole bunch of assist trophies. Sweet. You should've incorporated Prince Zephiel too.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
wtf are u doin in smashboards!! go to nintendo lol now that its got delayed again u can give it in and they can update the game lol

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
wtf are u doin in smashboards!! go to nintendo lol now that its got delayed again u can give it in and they can update the game lol
The game only got delayed a week in Japan(the release date is now January 31st for them). So even if I were to bust into Sakurai's development studio with this idea right now, the game is probably done through a programming perspective. Next week is probably when manufacturing will begin. But yeah, I am very disappointed that Brawl got delayed again. :ohwell:

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
I prefer Roy over Marth but I think it's very inappropriate for 3 similar characters being playable in Brawl. Other things I have against Roy are:

1: He was the only filler in Melee, he didn't even exist and his game came out almost a year after Melee.
2: Though he contributed it's not like it could be ignored, like they did in Melee for other lords.
3: Swordusers, theres plenty already (personal opinion)
4: Fire Emblem is more than boys with swords, it would suck to stereotype it.
5: He's better off as an AT instead.

another comment I'd like to make:

Fire Emblem 7 is already represented in Brawl, Lyn is enough Eliwood doesn't need to be playable.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I prefer Roy over Marth but I think it's very inappropriate for 3 similar characters being playable in Brawl. Other things I have against Roy are:

1: He was the only filler in Melee, he didn't even exist and his game came out almost a year after Melee.
2: Though he contributed it's not like it could be ignored, like they did in Melee for other lords.
3: Swordusers, theres plenty already (personal opinion)
4: Fire Emblem is more than boys with swords, it would suck to stereotype it.
5: He's better off as an AT instead.

another comment I'd like to make:

Fire Emblem 7 is already represented in Brawl, Lyn is enough Eliwood doesn't need to be playable.

Elibe has no PLAYABLE representative. By your logic, the Assist Trophy of Sothe should adequately represent both FE9 and FE10. Also, a person that says all sword-users are the same, does not KNOW anything about swordplay. Roy is also one of the most popular characters by casual Smash fans. Heck, one of the first entries in Sakurai's poll was someone begging him not to cut Roy. Roy is popular among casual players worldwide.

Also, if you still think Roy can't be decloned, read the opening post to this topic (especially SuchimoTheDragon's moveset).

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
Elibe has no PLAYABLE representative. By your logic, the Assist Trophy of Sothe should adequately represent both FE9 and FE10. Also, a person that says all sword-users are the same, does not KNOW anything about swordplay. Roy is also one of the most popular characters by casual Smash fans. Heck, one of the first entries in Sakurai's poll was someone begging him not to cut Roy. Roy is popular among casual players worldwide.

Also, if you still think Roy can't be decloned, read the opening post to this topic (especially SuchimoTheDragon's moveset).
Sothe is not a lord ;) sure swordusers can all play differently but that's not my argument. My argument is that Fire Emblem is more than people using swords, seriously that would stereotype such a original franchise. Popularity =/= confirmation, for example majority of the AT's. Other fillers and non filler are popular among casuals too so what?

It wouldn't matter if Elibe generation is skipped would it? For Example Pokemon's generations, only the 1st is being mostly represented so it wouldn't matter either if A generation for Fire Emblem is skipped or has no playable.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sothe is not a lord ;) sure swordusers can all play differently but that's not my argument. My argument is that Fire Emblem is more than people using swords, seriously that would stereotype such a original franchise. Popularity =/= confirmation, for example majority of the AT's. Other fillers and non filler are popular among casuals too so what?

It wouldn't matter if Elibe generation is skipped would it? For Example Pokemon's generations, only the 1st is being mostly represented so it wouldn't matter either if A generation for Fire Emblem is skipped or has no playable.
Most of the lords in the series USE swords. Just look at this list:

Marth: Sword-user
Sigurd: Sword-user (can also use lances)
Celice: Sword-user
Leaf: Sword-user (can use any other weapon type in FE4 though)
Roy: Sword-user
Lyn: Sword-user
Eliwood: Sword-user (though he can also use lances)
Hector: Axe-user
Eirika: Sword-user
Ephraim: Spear-user
Ike: Sword-user
Micaiah: Magic-user

As you can see most lords use sowrds. Heck, the symbol to the series is represented by a sword (Falchion to be precise). Micaiah has a lot of flaws both with her stats and her character. However, I don't want to start a flame war. So please just leave this topic.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
Most of the lords in the series USE swords. Just look at this list:

Alm: sword-user
Celica: Mage + sworduser
Sigurd: Sword-user (can also use lances)
Leaf: (can use any other weapon type in FE4 though)
Lyn: Sword-user, bow user.
Eliwood: Sword-user (though he can also use lances)
Elincia: sword-user, staff-user
Sanaki: Mage

As you can see most lords use sowrds. Heck, the symbol to the series is represented by a sword (Falchion to be precise). Micaiah has a lot of flaws both with her stats and her character. However, I don't want to start a flame war. So please just leave this topic.
There are only 6 out of 16 that only use swords, others use magic, lances, and combination of weapons. :psycho:

my point stands, majority of the lords are not sword-users (only) so it's ridiculous to only have characters that only use swords.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
There are only 6 out of 16 that only use swords, others use magic, lances, and combination of weapons. :psycho:

my point stands, majority of the lords are not sword-users (only) so it's ridiculous to only have characters that only use swords.
I see that you are counting secondary weapons as not being different. Also, the only two main lords in FE10 were Ike and Micaiah. You just threw in Sanaki and Elincia to back up your false points.

Alm: Sword-user
Celica: Magic-user
Sigurd: Sword-user (Tyrfing is his legendary weapon)
Leaf: Sword-user in FE5, the game he is a lord in.
Eliwood: Sword-user

Ten out of the fourteen lords in the series use swords as their primary weapon.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
I see that you are counting secondary weapons as not being different. Also, the only two main lords in FE10 were Ike and Micaiah. You just threw in Sanaki and Elincia to back up your false points.

Alm: Sword-user
Celica: Magic-user
Sigurd: Sword-user (Tyrfing is his legendary weapon)
Leaf: Sword-user in FE5, the game he is a lord in.
Eliwood: Sword-user

Ten out of the fourteen lords in the series use swords as their primary weapon.
As far as I know, Elincia and Sanaki are lords and they count too:ohwell:. Primary weapon or not majority of the lords use more than swords, and the characters you insist of adding only use swords (except Eliwood) not that it matters though since Roy was still a filler in Melee and since the list of lords grew since Melee there are better characters to choose from other than Roy.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
As far as I know, Elincia and Sanaki are lords and they count too:ohwell:. Primary weapon or not majority of the lords use more than swords, and the characters you insist of adding only use swords (except Eliwood) not that it matters though since Roy was still a filler in Melee and since the list of lords grew since Melee there are better characters to choose from other than Roy.
Micaiah is not better than Roy. Sigurd, yes, but certainly not that Mary-Sue.

Also, ask any Fire Emblem expert, Sanaki and Elincia are not considered to be major lords of FE10. Go to any Fire Emblem message board suggesting this, and they will laugh at you.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
Sigurd I see is an alt (unfortunatly) Micaiah is better than Roy due to originality but on other points I am not sure, but at least she would be a real character addition and not a filler like Roy was.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sigurd I see is an alt (unfortunatly) Micaiah is better than Roy due to originality but on other points I am not sure, but at least she would be a real character addition and not a filler like Roy was.
I see that your fanboyism is clouding your judgement. Go read the opening post to this topic, and then ask me again if Roy can't be made into a unique character.

Also, Sigurd is not an alt of Ike. Unlike Micaiah, most of Sigurd's haters come from people who have not played his game. Also, unlike Micaiah, he has a personality and flaws (in his character), most of his fans have also played his game unlike Micaiah.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
I saw a picture of Ike wearing an identical picture to Sigurd's clothes, I would go look for it and show it to you but you can look for it yourself and I imagine you already saw the image.

Any character can be made into original character ;) even clones like Luigi were made original but the point is that Roy is unlikely, he was only a filler in Melee and used for the reason to advertise only. That's all he was used for and needed for, at this time he's not needed anymore. Also compared to others like Sigurd, Roy still falls behind in being the 3rd character.

don't get me wrong I'd prefer Roy over Marth anyday, but Roy doesn't really deserve it anymore.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I saw a picture of Ike wearing an identical picture to Sigurd's clothes, I would go look for it and show it to you but you can look for it yourself and I imagine you already saw the image.

Any character can be made into original character ;) even clones like Luigi were made original but the point is that Roy is unlikely at this point, he was only a filler in Melee and used for the reason to advertise only. That's all he was used for and needed for, at this time he's not needed anymore. Also compared to others like Sigurd, Roy still falls behind in being the 3rd character.

don't get me wrong I'd prefer Roy over Marth anyday, but Roy doesn't really deserve it anymore.
Unforuntely, Roy is still very popular. Roy's game was the third-highest selling in the series in Japan. His game helped revive the series after the marketing blunder that was Thracia 776. Roy also helped make the West interested in Fire Emblem.

Also, Suchimo's Roy moveset actually derives mostly from Roy's abilities and attacks in his own game, and for the most part not original like most other character's movesets.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Since it is doubted by many that Roy will appear as playable, his role in Subspace should be like this:

Mario and Olimar are in Victory Road. They get attacked by Bowser. They fight and halfway, a group of Primids launch a surprise attack. Olimar and Mario are overwhelmed. Just when a Primid is about to finish him off, we hear a clang of metal and the Primid stays still. It explodes and the Fire Emblem theme plays. When the smoke clears, we see Roy. He destroys the Primids and Bowser retreats. Roy is added to the party.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Since my Roy story is on the previous page, and since I don't think that many people read it, I am reposting it again on this page.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Since my Roy story is on the previous page, and since I don't think that many people read it, I am reposting it again on this page.

I like how you made up a Subspace troop to fit the Fire Emblem world just like there's specific Heartless for the worlds of Kingdom Hearts.

I think there should be one called Berserker or Barbarian. It would be some big robotic looking thing with a horned helmet and an axe.

courte

Smash Lord
THIS gd delay just f#cked my internet-fast all up but im glad that they're doing what they need to do

Smash Ace

Elencia and Sanaki aren't Lords, they just happen to be royalty of their respective countried (Sanaki=Begnion, Elencia=Crimea)
with that logic, then Pelleas is a lord as well (Daein). still, dark magic 4 life.
The only "Lords" (gah I hate that title. it sounds so stupid) in FE10 are Micaiah and Ike.
If you're counting characters that have been your commander at one time or another in the game, then throw in Lucia, Nephenee, and Tibarn next to Ike and Micaiah.

Nephenee is one h___ of a character in the game, but that's branching off topic.
Roy rules. he's better than Marth. so there.
Micaiah>Sigurd

=2007=

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016

Nice story, I loved it.

Though, I think Zephiel could be around, you know, FE6's antagonist, to rival Roy. Maybe at some point he works with the Black Knight together and either a 2 vs 2 or a turned match (depends of how many characters fight) happens?

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Well, Sheik is confirmed, and some sources are saying Ness is definitely back. How is this relevant, you ask? Those 2 characters' fanbases (especially Sheik) mostly come from Smash fans. No one would care at all about them anymore if they hadn't been in Smash Bros, and within their own series, they have pretty much no relevance any more (again, especially Sheik. Why did she have to return?).

People say that most Roy fans just liked him in Smash, and it may be true, but he was VERY popular in Melee (even if mostly by "noobs"). Therefore, I see it as even more likely he'll be back now. It appears Sakurai is mostly listening to the fans of Smash rather than the fans of the original games.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
Well, Sheik is confirmed, and some sources are saying Ness is definitely back. How is this relevant, you ask? Those 2 characters' fanbases (especially Sheik) mostly come from Smash fans. No one would care at all about them anymore if they hadn't been in Smash Bros, and within their own series, they have pretty much no relevance any more (again, especially Sheik. Why did she have to return?).

People say that most Roy fans just liked him in Smash, and it may be true, but he was VERY popular in Melee (even if mostly by "noobs"). Therefore, I see it as even more likely he'll be back now. It appears Sakurai is mostly listening to the fans of Smash rather than the fans of the original games.
removing chars JUST because they arent popular is ********, i mean look at the ice climbers also are they popular?NO! i bet not even 20% of smashers new that they existed and yet they came and now they even returned! also wat about jiggs?? only between smashers she is popular, roy is much more popular in fe than jiggs is popular in pokemon. not 100% shure cuz im not into pokemon anymore but thats how i remember it was. i mean her moveset (no offence jiggs lovers) is not that good, her down b isnt even a move in pokemon is it? but she is still in and she still has fans right? she can just return for her fans in smash same applies to roy.

This is smash were talking about anything can happen lol. were just supporting him :)

courte

Smash Lord
wait a minute is like even a real lord or is that the equivalent of the position he's but in?? don't you have to be of royalty or something like that??

as for those of you who didn't want shiek in brawl and thought midna and wolf link for sure... i'm sorry?? that's a lie of course and you people should be ashamed

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Very wll put. I also seem to remember that Jigglypuff was originally intended to be cut from Melee, however, since Sakurai was sympathetic toward her fans, he decided not. I believe this was according to her profile on the Japanese Melee site. Also, Jigglypuff was not that popular even among Japanese Smash fans at the point. On an official poll on the Japanese original Smash Bros. site, she got second-to-last in terms of popularity (the only one who got less votes was Donkey Kong).

It all depends on how many characters Sakurai is thinking about cutting, but yeah, characters such as Sheik were one shot deals, however, the reason why she is so popular is because she is top tier character. If Roy was a top tier character, he would probably be in the same position as Sheik, and his chances of returning would have been much higher than they are now. Nevertheless, we will find out the roster in less than two weeks. Stupid delay...

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
I always thought Jigglypuff's huge draw was that the Japanese absolutely loved her.

@ Doodx: All 4 of Jigglypuff's B moves, Rollout, Pound, Sing, & Rest, are all moves it can learn in the Pocket Man games.

@ ChronoBound: Not all of us have our settings so that each page displays like 3 posts. Both of your identical walls of text are on the same page for me, & scrolling through them is a pain in the ***. It's a nice read, but not more than once. Also, telling hello_kitty to leave the thread or that he or she is a fanboy or fangirl are ******* things to do. He or she hasn't flamed you once in this thread, so there's no reason to think he or she ever will.

Now, I'm not too familiar with Fire Emblem, but hello_kitty made a good point in that guys with swords shouldn't become the stereotype of the series. A different sex &/or weapon(s) would be a great way to mix up the characters. Melee had 2 strikingly similar anime pretty boys, as far as people unfamiliar with FE were concerned, & nothing more. Ike is a refreshing change, as it seems his sword is 2-handed or at least a hand & a half, or ******* sword. I think a girl would be great, or a spear &/or magic user.

OK, so, I've barely played FE, & I wanna start. What's good & in English? I tried Path of Radiance, & I hated it. Which game has Roy, which has Ike, which has that girl from the AT, & which has Marth? Which of these are in English, & on what systems do they appear?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I always thought Jigglypuff's huge draw was that the Japanese absolutely loved her.

@ Doodx: All 4 of Jigglypuff's B moves, Rollout, Pound, Sing, & Rest, are all moves it can learn in the Pocket Man games.

@ ChronoBound: Not all of us have our settings so that each page displays like 3 posts. Both of your identical walls of text are on the same page for me, & scrolling through them is a pain in the ***. It's a nice read, but not more than once. Also, telling hello_kitty to leave the thread or that he or she is a fanboy or fangirl are ******* things to do. He or she hasn't flamed you once in this thread, so there's no reason to think he or she ever will.

Now, I'm not too familiar with Fire Emblem, but hello_kitty made a good point in that guys with swords shouldn't become the stereotype of the series. A different sex &/or weapon(s) would be a great way to mix up the characters. Melee had 2 strikingly similar anime pretty boys, as far as people unfamiliar with FE were concerned, & nothing more. Ike is a refreshing change, as it seems his sword is 2-handed or at least a hand & a half, or ******* sword. I think a girl would be great, or a spear &/or magic user.

OK, so, I've barely played FE, & I wanna start. What's good & in English? I tried Path of Radiance, & I hated it. Which game has Roy, which has Ike, which has that girl from the AT, & which has Marth? Which of these are in English, & on what systems do they appear?
Here are all the Fire Emblems:

Fire Emblem: The Dragon of Darkness and the Sword of Light (the first Fire Emblem game, and the first game with Marth)
Fire Emblem Gaiden (deemed to be the worst game in the series)
Fire Emblem: The Mystery of the Emblem (a remake and a sequel to the first FE game, and is also the second game to star Marth)
Fire Emblem: Geneology of the Holy War (deemed to be the best in the series, this is the game with Sigurd and Celice)
Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (the hardest game in the series by far)
Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals (this game stars Roy as the main protagonist)
Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword (the first FE game to be released internationally, this game has that Assist Trophy Lyn in it)
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones (said to be the second worst in the series)
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (the first game with Ike)
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (the second game with Ike)
Fire Emblem DS (looks to be a remake of FE1, and is the third game with Marth)

Also, you do have to realize that most lords in the series are male, sword users (especially blue-haired sword users).

As for which game is the best to start with? Probably Sacred Stones considering that it is the easiest in the series. If you enjoy Sacred Stones, you should probably jump to Fire Emblem (AKA FE7). Then go to FE9 if you liked Blazing Sword, and if you like FE9, get FE10.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
What's the release date of FEDS? So, no English game has Roy in it? That's too bad, I like Roy quite a bit, based on Melee.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What's the release date of FEDS? So, no English game has Roy in it? That's too bad, I like Roy quite a bit, based on Melee.
There is no release date yet for FEDS. Also, Blazing Sword, the first internationally release Fire Emblem, does have Roy in it, though he only appears in the ending. Roy's father, Eliwood, is one of the three lords of Blazing Sword.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
So why would Roy have been the advertisement character for Blazing Sword? Because he was already recognizable?

So, wait, Marth will have been in 3 games, Ike in 2, & Roy in 2? That makes Roy seem all the more likely. Who else has been in multiple games?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So why would Roy have been the advertisement character for Blazing Sword? Because he was already recognizable?

So, wait, Marth will have been in 3 games, Ike in 2, & Roy in 2? That makes Roy seem all the more likely. Who else has been in multiple games?
Actually here is a list of the lords who have been in more than 1 game:

1. Marth (playable and the main hero of three games).
2. Ike (was the main hero of one game, and one of the two heroes of another game)
3. Leaf (was a powerful character that you automatically recruited in the second half of FE4, and was the main hero of FE5).
4. Eliwood and Hector (the lords of FE7, and were both unlockable trial map characters in FE6)
5. Roy and Celice (Roy was the main hero of FE6 and made a non-playable cameo in FE7, Celice was hero of the second half of FE4, and made a non-playable cameo in FE5).

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
Could you provide pictures of some of these characters? I would Google it, but I know Leaf will turn up all sorts of unrelated stuff. I ask you this since you probably know of at least a few Fire Emblem sites.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Could you provide pictures of some of these characters? I would Google it, but I know Leaf will turn up all sorts of unrelated stuff. I ask you this since you probably know of at least a few Fire Emblem sites.
Here's two:

Prince Leaf

Celice

courte

Smash Lord
404?? what about him??-- oh nvm lol
is there a site which has an indepth list of ALL of FE's playable lords, secret and not?? not just the leading roles... did i word that right... yea i did

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, hopefully they will decide to bring over all of the Japan-only Fire Emblems. Maybe if FEDS sells well, they will decide to port or remake other Japan-only Fire Emblems.

Top Bottom