• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Roy For Brawl Thread: Support Our Boy Roy (Roy Subspace story made in latest post

adonnis85

Smash Apprentice
Who do you think should be the third Fire Emblem character then. Akaneia and Tellius already have playable representatives. I think the third character should be from another continent that had two games (Jugdral or Elibe).
... I don't think it is necessary at all...

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
casual players pefer roy cuz of his look but advanced players prefer marth

courte

Smash Lord
not all advanced players... it is simply the status quo and the analyzing of every individual aspect of the character :grin:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wow, this thread sure was more active today. I am going to write a very interesting story on how to feature Roy in the Subspace Emissary. However, I don't expect to have it done until tomorrow.

The reason why I want as much participation in this topic as possible, is because there remains to the possibility that in the event that Roy is confirmed to have been axed when the roster does leak, then I will disband the Knights of Elibe. We are already half way done with this week, and we only have next week for roster speculation. The roster leak can hit any day during the fourth week of January. Many dreams will be fulfilled and broken when the roster leak does hit. I will try my best to notify all of you as soon as the roster leak does hit. So for the people that wish not to be spoiled about the roster, please stay off SmashBoards. Also, all of the Knights of Elibe who decided to be notifieid and told the entire roster, will probably be talking about Roy's return or deconfirmation in this topic after the roster does leak, and there is a good chance that we will also be talking about the roster as a whole in this topic, so please avoid this topic as well when the roster does leak.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
hes right zeldas moves and fs were leaked so the roster might have already been leaked also i heard about someone was goin to download the new demo for brawl (could be fake) so get ready cuz boards might spoil the roster pretty soon for u

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
hes right zeldas moves and fs were leaked so the roster might have already been leaked also i heard about someone was goin to download the new demo for brawl (could be fake) so get ready cuz boards might spoil the roster pretty soon for u
I think I might be on the verge of discovering the entire roster. I just need to talk with my contact and simply ask him the amount of the characters in the game. Once I have my answer, I will have successfully pieced together Brawl's roster.

Also, I won't be writing my Roy Subspace Emissary story today, because I am focusing all my attention on putting together Brawl's roster. I am pressing my contact a lot to give me information as to whether Roy (or Eliwood) is a playable character. I got some information back from him yesterday on the matter. However, I promised not to disclose the information to anyone. However, from the stuff he has told me, it is looking to be that the Brawl roster will be a major disappointment. The people saying that the 2ch roster is horrible, will soon be wishing that was the real roster. There will be much anger and bitter tears when the roster does get unveiled. I think very few people are going to be happy with it.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Also, I won't be writing my Roy Subspace Emissary story today, because I am focusing all my attention on putting together Brawl's roster. I am pressing my contact a lot to give me information as to whether Roy (or Eliwood) is a playable character. I got some information back from him yesterday on the matter. However, I promised not to disclose the information to anyone. However, from the stuff he has told me, it is looking to be that the Brawl roster will be a major disappointment. The people saying that the 2ch roster is horrible, will soon be wishing that was the real roster. There will be much anger and bitter tears when the roster does get unveiled. I think very few people are going to be happy with it.
I do not like the sound of this one little bit. How reliable would you say this source is?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I do not like the sound of this one little bit. How reliable would you say this source is?
He is actually trying to get more information this weekend. I strongly urged him to find out out specifically about Roy and Eliwood. I also asked him to find out about the number of characters in the game. One thing he did tell me was that Ness was definitely returning as a playable character, though it is hard to believe. He also told me that Falcon is returning (which should be obvious to everyone), and that R.O.B. will be a playable character. I told him about the Subspace Emissary enemy, and he originally did not believe it at first either (he gets his information from people who have playtested the game). I promised not to disclose the Roy and Eliwood stuff he told me, but it was inconclusive (especially with Eliwood) which is why he is going to ask his sources more about those two. However, I really need to dinf out the number of characters in the game. From there we can deduce who is and who is not in the game by probability.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth, but didn't you just reveal a good chunk of forbidden info?

...and do you think you can get away with saying much more?;)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth, but didn't you just reveal a good chunk of forbidden info?

...and do you think you can get away with saying much more?;)
Anyway, it turns out that may be learning the full-roster next week because the guide may be released. Can you maybe give me a better translation than what is on Google:

来週のハミ通につく冊子は
「スマブラ拳!! 開眼の書」
桜井政博 監修
196P
各キャラ全必殺技紹介

おそらくHPに載ったキャラだけ紹介で
あとのページもHPでしょうかいされたアイテムとか載ってるだけだと思う
まあ少しはハミ通の売り上げ伸びるかな

If the guide really is being released this early, then leaks should start popping up as early as next week.

Note: Credit goes to ShortFuse for finding this post.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, it turns out that may be learning the full-roster next week because the guide may be released. I found this on 2ch, can you maybe give me a better translation than what is on Google:

来週のハミ通につく冊子は
「スマブラ拳!! 開眼の書」
桜井政博 監修
196P
各キャラ全必殺技紹介

おそらくHPに載ったキャラだけ紹介で
あとのページもHPでしょうかいされたアイテムとか載ってるだけだと思う
まあ少しはハミ通の売り上げ伸びるかな

If the guide really is being released this early, then leaks should start popping up as early as next week.
Dang, I'll take that as a no on more info. Anyway, I'll do my best for a translation...

This is a bit hard to figure out since I don't know where one post begins and ends.

"The Booklet that comes with next week's Hami [Is this a magazine or something?] 通 [I don't think I've ever seen this kanji before]
「Smash Bros. Dojo!! Book of Enlightenment」
[My Kanji is too poor to translate this next line. All I recognize is "Sakurai", so I'll just include the wonky babelfish translation. Sorry]
Sakurai governmental Hiroshi supervision
Explanations on every character's special skills

I don't think the rest is relevant. It seems to be someone's speculation of what it may contain (and I have no idea what HP refers to).

Sorry for all the translator's notes, but I felt you should be aware of them.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Dang, I'll take that as a no on more info. Anyway, I'll do my best for a translation...

This is a bit hard to figure out since I don't know where one post begins and ends.

"The Booklet that comes with next week's Hami [Is this a magazine or something?] 通 [I don't think I've ever seen this kanji before]
「Smash Bros. Dojo!! Book of Enlightenment」
[My Kanji is too poor to translate this next line. All I recognize is "Sakurai", so I'll just include the wonky babelfish translation. Sorry]
Sakurai governmental Hiroshi supervision
Explanations on every character's special skills

I don't think the rest is relevant. It seems to be someone's speculation of what it may contain (and I have no idea what HP refers to).

Sorry for all the translator's notes, but I felt you should be aware of them.
Thanks you for your help. Anyway, I will probably tell you all the number of characters in the game if it is told to me.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Thanks you for your help. Anyway, I will probably tell you all the number of characters in the game if it is told to me.
As of now, your research, the prophets, etc reasons, tells me that Brawl's roster will be a real dissapointment.

Meh... However, Roy could return yet.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
As of now, your research, the prophets, etc reasons, tells me that Brawl's roster will be a real dissapointment.

Meh... However, Roy could return yet.
Things are not looking good, but I hope Sakurai blows all of these "prophets" out of the water with an awesome roster.

The "prophets" for the most part have been mum about Fire Emblem characters. With most of them only mentioning Marth as the only other playable Fire Emblem character. One suggested that Marth and Roy were cut in favor of only Tellius characters (no way they would cut Marth), and another suggested that Roy would be the third character (the 2ch roster that was proven fake). There is also a Japanese prophet that says Hector will be the third Fire Emblem character, however, the list also has Mewtwo, and Serebii has pretty much gone out of his way to deconfirm almost every prophet that has Mewtwo in its list.

If NyaseNya, ChaosZero, Serebii, and the user I have been talking with all are to beelived or have received accurate info, then I already know the entire roster.

Really, there is only next week left as far as roster speculating goes.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
This new contact intrigues me. I don't want to pressure you for info or anything, but has the party in question showed you anything to show he's more reliable than pretty much everyone else besides Serebii and ChaosZero?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This new contact intrigues me. I don't want to pressure you for info or anything, but has the party in question showed you anything to show he's more reliable than pretty much everyone else besides Serebii and ChaosZero?
No, he has not. However, he seems to be honest, and unlike other "prophets" he has been very willing to discuss what he knows. He is also willing to retrieve more information. The other "prophets" have pretty much said that they can't reveal anything because they risk getting in trouble (it more has to do with that the more they give away, the more likely that they will be proven wrong). He himself has not played Brawl, but does know people who have jobs playtesting games, and one of the games they playtested was Brawl. All of his information comes from these playtesters.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
R.O.B. would get his own icon? I figured he would just get Mr. Game & Watch's, 1, or 21.
Mr. Game & Watch represents the Game & Watch series. R.O.B. never appeared in a Game & Watch game, thus he would not have the Game & Watch icon as his icon.

However, R.O.B. has made a cameo in a lot of games such as Mario Kart DS, F-Zero GX, Kirby's Dream Land 3, etc.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
I don't see R.O.B. getting his own icon. Since he's a SE enemy, he could totally just get icon 1. I'm still thinking 19 will be Rockman, myself.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't see R.O.B. getting his own icon. Since he's a SE enemy, he could totally just get icon 1. I'm still thinking 19 will be Rockman, myself.
He told me R.O.B. would be a playable character, and I believe him. He would not get icon 1 because he is not an original Smash character. Also, I will try asking him in the future if there are any more third-party characters in Brawl, however, Fire Emblem and the number of characters in the game has the most emphasis right now. I have to be respectful and understand that asking for too much information could jeopardize the jobs of his friends. Once I find out how many characters in the game there are, we can put an end to many of these "prophets."

courte

Smash Lord
page 53 is a real wheel scroller lol i'm trying to get my self pumped up for some disappointment, therefore i'll probably stop using the net a little earlier than expecter... perhaps next friday

and by disappointed, i mean psychologically convince myself everyone on the site is the official roster, and it is a small one... wouldn't i be crushed to see the real thing in that scenario??

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
This is so exciting and scary all at once. We may be on the verge of knowing the roster of the game I've thought about so much and been anticipating every day for 2 and a half years, yet it could end up being far below my expectations...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This is so exciting and scary all at once. We may be on the verge of knowing the roster of the game I've thought about so much and been anticipating every day for 2 and a half years, yet it could end up being far below my expectations...
I share the same fears as you. Back in 2001 when I was only a new user on GameFAQs, the one character I hoped for was Ridley. Ridley was my favorite antagonist in any series back then, and when I saw him in the Melee intro I was confident he would be a playable character. However, reality would dictate back then that a second Metroid character would not make the roster because it was a dead series during Melee's development. Upon learning of the roster, it was mixed. Some of the characters I liked (Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Falco, Mr. Game & Watch), and some I thought were out of place (Dr. Mario, Young Link, and Pichu). However, it was this blend of expected and unexpected characters that made it perfect.

I feel that Brawl's roster might not live up to Melee's, and I myself would not mind if Sakurai threw in a few clones, simply because they made up the biggest surprises of Melee's roster. Many people cursed clones, however, in actuality they were a surprising blessing. Their anamoly existence garnered many fans. I feel if the roster number is indeed in the mid-30's, many people will be feeling nostaligic for clones.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
wow i just read this and im so suprised! you dont have to pressure that guy also lets hope no one starts yelling falcon confirmed and also R.O.D

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
wow i just read this and im so suprised! you dont have to pressure that guy also lets hope no one starts yelling falcon confirmed and also R.O.D
would anyone here be upset if rod was a confirmed character
Its R.O.B., not R.O.D. or Rod. Anyway, the only way I would be upset with him would be if the roster is only 35 characters, and if he is our WTF final character. That is the only way I would be upset with R.O.B.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Its R.O.B., not R.O.D. or Rod. Anyway, the only way I would be upset with him would be if the roster is only 35 characters, and if he is our WTF final character. That is the only way I would be upset with R.O.B.
R.O.B. is already an enemy in the SSE, and being him a PC? That would be the best WTF character, EVER.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
lol srry for posting rob but i agree hes is just pure wtf char lol

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just got a response back from him. Here is what he said:

They are REALLY sure Marth is in (I thought they weren't sure). They don't remember seeing any other FE characters (besides obviously Ike), which means they don't remember seeing Roy either. As for the character boxes they said not every character that has been announced was even playable in the version they were working on so the final number of characters they have no idea on.

They told me they have been off of this project for MONTHS now, they have since worked on Advance Wars DS, and are now working on "a stupid crossword puzzle game". I also asked them about the delay (just for kicks) and they said that when the first delay happened their leaders told them "their project was extended" before the delay was even announced. Since they aren't on that project anymore they don't know any status on that.

So most of the info I gave you was apparently most of what they knew. I hope it was better than nothing and sorry they couldn't provide more!

So with Marth being the second Fire Emblem character. It is now a matter of who will get the third spot. I think Marth fans will be happy to learn this. Anyway, if Sakurai was still adding characters after the delay, I think quite a few of them would be clones.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
I just got a response back from him. Here is what he said:

They are REALLY sure Marth is in (I thought they weren't sure). They don't remember seeing any other FE characters (besides obviously Ike), which means they don't remember seeing Roy either. As for the character boxes they said not every character that has been announced was even playable in the version they were working on so the final number of characters they have no idea on.

They told me they have been off of this project for MONTHS now, they have since worked on Advance Wars DS, and are now working on "a stupid crossword puzzle game". I also asked them about the delay (just for kicks) and they said that when the first delay happened their leaders told them "their project was extended" before the delay was even announced. Since they aren't on that project anymore they don't know any status on that.

So most of the info I gave you was apparently most of what they knew. I hope it was better than nothing and sorry they couldn't provide more!

So with Marth being the second Fire Emblem character. It is now a matter of who will get the third spot. I think Marth fans will be happy to learn this. Anyway, if Sakurai was still adding characters after the delay, I think quite a few of them would be clones.

Who confirmed this? I disapeer for a few days and everything changes.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I will going back to college again on Wednesday. So once again I will be pretty vacant from this thread most of the day.

Well, anyway, we are about a week away from the roster leak, and finding out about Roy. This week is Sakurai's last chance to show off the real character selection screen before the game's release. I am a bit sorry I did not make this thread sooner, because if I was able to, maybe the anti-Roy sentiment would not have been as high as it is now. Really, I am trying my best to keep this thread as active as possible.

Well, on the bright side, we only have to deal with "prophets" for only one more week.

Top Bottom