• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rosalina Match-Up Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Rosalina Match-Up Discussion Thread

This thread will serve as a place to discuss about Rosalina's match-ups against the other playable characters in the game. Please keep all topics and arguments clean and civilized here.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just as a heads up, this thread will be opening tomorrow. When it'll be open remains to be seen, but if not at midnight, the thread should be open some time around 7:00 AM ET.

Update: The thread is officially open to post now.

Last edited:

Rosalina & Luma

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0791-3570-2002
It seems that she has a really good match up against Duck Hunt Duo. They like to play campy, and she can stop the can, and discus spamming. Makes it tough for them to approach.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
A bit of a prologue --
So I was playing online recently with Rosalina & Luma and I was playing against a Marth (with Peach at first; it was a close finish but I lost) and it was a very easy win, however, after I won the person I was playing against switched to (Little Mac before) Megaman and it was pretty difficult. I managed to lose twice until I switched to Sheik and beat him.
-- End of prologue.

This player was very good with Megaman, and even though I'm winning many matches, he seemed to be a good counter to Rosalina & Luma. His projectile game can be hampered by GP (Gravitational Pull), but since he's so short (and you don't GP), his projectiles tend to go under Luma and hit Rosalina, or he can jump and hit her with projectiles (she's a very big, tall target). However, with that said, when you play defensive against him (spamming GP while he's campy with projectiles), you can get him to come to you and punish him. I could have done this to win, but I'm still getting used to the game.

Can we create a ranking match-up(tier) list for Rosalina & Luma? Well not immediately, but after some time passes.

Last edited:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
^When I played Iggy's Mega, he told me Rosie is his worst matchup. D3 though? Yo GGs.

That character is really difficult for Rosalina from my experience. Have fun stopping those gordos.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Having lots of problems with Lil Mac right about now. He kills fairly early and closes distance very quickly.

KAP22714

Smash Cadet
^Bait everything, dash out and in and grab; little macs like to roll, so read those and grab; use Luma to absorb hits and grab, be wary of counter and grab

Grab is the truth against Little Mac, Uthrow is a really good setup move and such. Also, Little Mac in the air is super garbs so just kill him

Last edited:
I'm having lots of trouble with sword characters, especially Ike, specifically their range. Also I have problems with Captain Falcon, he's very fast and gets in on me very quickly.

kalem333

Smash Rookie
I've got 100% win rate with Rosalina & Luma. My tips for little Mac and dhd:

Against little Mac, keep luma just a little bit in front of you and spam attacks. It's like a wall that he can't get past without taking to the air, where you can then Punish him. Additionally, short hop dair is a great approach and spacing tool.

Against dhd, I stay close to him and keep luma nearby, or take to both edges of the map to prevent his spam.

Torn_Smash

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1203-9336-3774
I've got 100% win rate with Rosalina & Luma. My tips for little Mac and dhd:

Against little Mac, keep luma just a little bit in front of you and spam attacks. It's like a wall that he can't get past without taking to the air, where you can then Punish him. Additionally, short hop dair is a great approach and spacing tool.
Yeah you basically have to force Mac to jump over your Luma, where he's most vulnerable. If he tries to go through Luma you have to Star Bits/harass and then roll back in order to stop him from approaching.

nightSN

Smash Ace
I personally have 0 troubles with little mac

What i do is zone little mac with Luma, force him to approach and get him off the stage. From there you force an aerial game which you are guaranteed to win

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
^When I played Iggy's Mega, he told me Rosie is his worst matchup. D3 though? Yo GGs.

That character is really difficult for Rosalina from my experience. Have fun stopping those gordos.
You can just Luma Shot them. Literally sends the Gordos flying, often straight into Dedede.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
^Bait everything, dash out and in and grab; little macs like to roll, so read those and grab; use Luma to absorb hits and grab, be wary of counter and grab

Grab is the truth against Little Mac, Uthrow is a really good setup move and such. Also, Little Mac in the air is super garbs so just kill him
I'll have to remember this. My preferred grab tactics are to sit in shield and then shield grab, but Little Mac is a bit too mobile for that. I'll have to try dash grabbing.

Can you grab him out of his side special?

EDIT: In general I seem to struggle with really fast rushdown characters like Little Mac. I haven't seen any online yet, but I imagine Captain Falcon, Sonic, etc. would also fit that bill. Rosalina seems a bit like Zelda in that respect.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Little Mac and Falcon are definitely problematic and require really good Luma spacing. Ideally with Mac you want them to jump over Luma and then attack with Fair. Make him come to you with Starbits, preferably the Shooting Star Bits.

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
Nah, it's a Little hard when they get used to it, they jump over Luma on purpose and wait for you to do fair to counter it in the air :/

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Nah, it's a Little hard when they get used to it, they jump over Luma on purpose and wait for you to do fair to counter it in the air :/
I see what you did there.

Also, is dash attack -> fair a true combo at around 50%, give or take 10%? I've been able to reliably link the two online but I'm not sure if it's actually a combo or if people are just bad at escaping it.

Cervidae

Smash Apprentice
I see what you did there.

Also, is dash attack -> fair a true combo at around 50%, give or take 10%? I've been able to reliably link the two online but I'm not sure if it's actually a combo or if people are just bad at escaping it.
I feel that it dash attack to fair is a true combo around that percent depending on the character. I can't confirm based on testing though, just observations I've made while online as well. It's definitely worth looking into though.

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
I'd like anyone's thoughts on the rosa v sheik mu. I placed 3rd at a tourney yesterday only losing to Denti's sheik. I can't seem to figure out the mu (i did better against him using puff over rosa) On FD she can needle camp her pretty easy, in the air sheiks fair is just so fast its hard to challenge. the only time i feel the momentum is in my favor is if i get a launcher or grab and follow-up properly with uairs. If amyone has any tips for this mu i'd appreciate it.

Last edited:

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
Having lots of problems with Lil Mac right about now. He kills fairly early and closes distance very quickly.
Tossing them with an upthrow is Rosalina's best option to Little Mac, she can destroy little mac and juggle the hell out of him with up airs or up-tilts if they get close to the ground, as long as you don't get too close, the counter will never touch you either because of the rings being the hitbox and not you. And if they do counter, if you b-air you'll hit them again while they're still recovering from the counter.

I've had trouble with a few characters, Jigglypuff surprisingly because she flies over a lot of Luma's shenanigans, my god that b-air is horrifying, theres also very little ways to gimp her. Nothing else was really unbeatable with Rosalina from my experience, I've been playing a ton of Little Mac scrubs so that might be it too.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I'd like anyone's thoughts on the rosa v sheik mu. I placed 3rd at a tourney yesterday only losing to Denti's sheik. I can't seem to figure out the mu (i did better against him using puff over rosa) On FD she can needle camp her pretty easy, in the air sheiks fair is just so fast its hard to challenge. the only time i feel the momentum is in my favor is if i get a launcher or grab and follow-up properly with uairs. If amyone has any tips for this mu i'd appreciate it.
I guess excellent footsies in this matchup is really important. Stay in the range where you can threaten her with either unreactable dash grab or dash attacks or unreactable neutral bs while you yourself are able to react to her approaches. Not 100% sure but neutral b could work to punish a Sheik being in recovery animation after throwing needles at Luma. Even if you can't punish her it could lead to you walking forward and Sheik that way losing the stage control. Adjust depend on what she does (mix it up) and that way she won't feel safe in neutral at all. Don't press the jump button unless you're really far from her or if Sheik's feet are off the ground. I did a lot better when I stopped using SH Nair when Sheik wasn't in the air or offstage/ledge. If you do that from like mid range or closer she can just ran at you and punish on reaction. I think if Sheik grabs you when you have Luma with you and she does like Dthrow or presses the pummel button you can interrupt that throw with Luma.

So yeah Rosalina vs Sheik from the small amount experience I've gotten from these 4 days of Smash 4 is very based on how good your footsies are. You get a hit on her and you can build a lot of damage on Sheik. Same when she lands a hit on you. It feels a lot about who gets momentum first since neither Sheik nor Rosalina have great options when in position of getting juggled. From my experience though I've been living to much higher percents vs Sheik than vs most other chars. Watch out for side b when you edge guard or juggle Sheik though it's a pretty strong move.

Last edited:

Insh

Smash Rookie
Hi there! I've been almost exclusively playing Rosalina and Luma since I picked the game up, I clicked near instantly with her and have been doing quite well!

However, I ran into a bit of issue when going up against a friend of mine, who has a pretty brutal Greninja.

We'd go at it and I'd try to space out, but often at times even with Luma fairly close to me, when he targets Luma, I just can't seem to be able to punish him. Is this a matchup where I should try to keep Luma constantly by my side? It's really difficult, since he moves so quickly, and since he's really hard to punish on almost all of his moves.

Any tips?

Smasher89

Smash Lord
do you have the vids?

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Hi there! I've been almost exclusively playing Rosalina and Luma since I picked the game up, I clicked near instantly with her and have been doing quite well!

However, I ran into a bit of issue when going up against a friend of mine, who has a pretty brutal Greninja.

We'd go at it and I'd try to space out, but often at times even with Luma fairly close to me, when he targets Luma, I just can't seem to be able to punish him. Is this a matchup where I should try to keep Luma constantly by my side? It's really difficult, since he moves so quickly, and since he's really hard to punish on almost all of his moves.

Any tips?
Greninja matchup's kinda like Sheik. But down b kinda works better vs his projectiles than Sheik's. Play a footsies game like the one I explained with the Sheik matchup. And afterwards there's not that much special with the matchup.

Insh

Smash Rookie
Greninja matchup's kinda like Sheik. But down b kinda works better vs his projectiles than Sheik's. Play a footsies game like the one I explained with the Sheik matchup. And afterwards there's not that much special with the matchup.
Ahh. Okay. Gotcha.

Thanks!

Bushando64

King of the 64-Bit Realm
NNID
Bushando
3DS FC
1547-5186-5659
Switch FC
SW 5128 8278 7987
I feel as though RosaLuma's biggest downfall is truly her size and weight. She's such an easy target for anyone quick and hard-hitting that it makes me a little sad. :cool:

ZSS is the one character that I've been having consistent issues with because not only is she super-fast, she also hits like a space-truck. She also has pretty good range on all of her attacks, especially her side-B plasma whip and ALL of her aerials--which Rosalina is very vulnerable to ESPECIALLY without Luma.

With anyone that falls into that category, gimping is usually my go-to strategy: use Luma as a "meat shield" against an opponent's attack, then while they're trying to recover I [back-]throw them offstage and pressure with aerials. Usually works wonders with Little Mac, but anyone with a decent recovery still seems to have a shot at survival. Predicting when to use Gravitational Pull against campers is key, too; I personally feel as though it freaks people out when I totally neutralize their Gyroids and Thorons with a simple button combination. :substitute:

Also, I haven't tested this extensively yet, but if you time a short-hop down-air with Luma linked to you, you hit the ground like normal with minimal lag AND--if timed just right--Luma can still act and perform an up-tilt or up-Smash. Not sure of the practicality, but I could see Rosalina being covered on all sides momentarily with this combination while still having good air mobility for even more stage control.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
I'm on board for :4sheik: and probably :4greninja: being negative, haven't played enough :4peach: yet to tell. I might also lump :4zss: in there tbh. I also agree with :4lucario: for even but I've recently felt that we have an edge over :4duckhunt:. Again not enough exp to really comment on the others listed there, but I do think we go +ve against most other characters as well.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I've said it before, earlier in this thread in fact, but I don't do so well against Little Mac, so with that in mind I'm not sure why he's rated as a favorable matchup. Although I'm not entirely sure it's the matchup or just me, every time I encounter one online he's usually able to get past Luma and in my face. (Except for one poor soul who didn't know what he was doing.)

Last edited:

nightSN

Smash Ace
I've said it before, earlier in this thread in fact, but I don't do so well against Little Mac, so with that in mind I'm not sure why he's rated as a favorable matchup. Although I'm not entirely sure it's the matchup or just me, every time I encounter one online he's usually able to get past Luma and in my face. (Except for one poor soul who didn't know what he was doing.)
If he gets past luma, just grab him and either throw him to luma or off the stage. That strategy works for me

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/ssb4/character/rosalina/

The website I posted in the general discussion thread has Rosalina's matchups currently listed as:

Negative- Sheik, Peach, and Greninja

Neutral- Zero Suit Samus, Duck Hunt Duo, Pikachu, Robin, Lucario

Positive- Everybody Else

Thoughts? You can use that link to vote for your own opinions btw
Thoughts? Not really a very trustworthy site. Matchups are based on what ANYONE can put a number on and I doubt everyone on that site knows what they're talking about. I don't think there is any real argument that makes Robin an even matchup (his/her mobility isn't very good and GP shuts down his/her projectiles). Also I haven't played any Pikachus but it's also hard to see that matchup as even. I had problems vs a DDD at the beginning though I now am a lot better with Rosalina and haven't played one since. So I would not take the ratios that seriously. Also the game has barely been out so no matchups are fully developed yet either.

Neos

Smash Cadet
I think everyone knows about this, but if you do not, try to go off stage and Gravitational Pull Ness's PK Thunder when he's trying to recover. Ness will fall to his death. But don't let the PK Thunder hit Ness while it's being pulled or else he'll be able to use it again.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I think everyone knows about this, but if you do not, try to go off stage and Gravitational Pull Ness's PK Thunder when he's trying to recover. Ness will fall to his death. But don't let the PK Thunder hit Ness while it's being pulled or else he'll be able to use it again.
I exploited this and just now beat a Ness in For Glory without taking a single hit, although I felt a little bad after since the guy was gone by the time I got to the CSS again. I feel comfortable saying the Rosalina/Ness matchup will be in Rosalina's favor just because of how easily she can neuter his recovery, although you need to almost preempt it or else risk a PKT2 to the face since Gravitational Pull's range isn't large enough to cover the far side of the arc Ness usually uses. I've also dealt with PK Fire on accident by ftilting it; it activates on the hitbox, but Rosalina extends her legs so far for the move that she takes maybe 2% and then goes right back to standing. The nature of the move does mean that Luma can't really protect you from it like it can most projectiles if you just dash up, but it's also slow enough you can usually absorb it on reaction. Can Ness punish us absorbing PK Fire with anything?

I've talked about my Little Mac troubles before and I think I can tentatively say that fast rushdown type characters like him are some of Rosalina's harder matchups. (She sounds a lot like Zelda when I say that...) I say this because even though her range is excellent on a lot of moves, if you sit outside of her tilt range then she has to resort to something laggy to hit you, and that leaves her open to punishment. Therefore if they space themselves properly, they can sit right outside of your range and you really don't have a lot of options other than shield and hope they don't grab you. Little Mac in particular has a habit of ending up behind me when I shield his approaches so shield grabbing is out. (Although Rosalina's grab range seems meh to begin with.) Alternatively, I just suck at dealing with rushdown. I haven't faced many Sheiks, which I think would be a good data point to figure that out.

(On a related note, it's really funny when you notice Greninja's shadow moving up on you and shield the blow well in advance. It's a free smash if you do most of the time.)

Peach and Jigglypuff (and other super floaty characters although those are the only ones I can think of for now) can also simply jump over Luma and bypass it that way. It doesn't help that Rosalina has a bit of a blind spot diagonally above her since utilt has almost zero horizontal range. Luma can help cover this in theory, but when it's out and about it likes to space himself too far to be of use in a defensive situation.

I really wish customs could be used online. I miss the Floaty Star Bit...

Last edited:

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I exploited this and just now beat a Ness in For Glory without taking a single hit, although I felt a little bad after since the guy was gone by the time I got to the CSS again. I feel comfortable saying the Rosalina/Ness matchup will be in Rosalina's favor just because of how easily she can neuter his recovery, although you need to almost preempt it or else risk a PKT2 to the face since Gravitational Pull's range isn't large enough to cover the far side of the arc Ness usually uses. I've also dealt with PK Fire on accident by ftilting it; it activates on the hitbox, but Rosalina extends her legs so far for the move that she takes maybe 2% and then goes right back to standing. The nature of the move does mean that Luma can't really protect you from it like it can most projectiles if you just dash up, but it's also slow enough you can usually absorb it on reaction. Can Ness punish us absorbing PK Fire with anything?

I've talked about my Little Mac troubles before and I think I can tentatively say that fast rushdown type characters like him are some of Rosalina's harder matchups. (She sounds a lot like Zelda when I say that...) I say this because even though her range is excellent on a lot of moves, if you sit outside of her tilt range then she has to resort to something laggy to hit you, and that leaves her open to punishment. Therefore if they space themselves properly, they can sit right outside of your range and you really don't have a lot of options other than shield and hope they don't grab you. Little Mac in particular has a habit of ending up behind me when I shield his approaches so shield grabbing is out. (Although Rosalina's grab range seems meh to begin with.) Alternatively, I just suck at dealing with rushdown. I haven't faced many Sheiks, which I think would be a good data point to figure that out.

(On a related note, it's really funny when you notice Greninja's shadow moving up on you and shield the blow well in advance. It's a free smash if you do most of the time.)

Peach and Jigglypuff (and other super floaty characters although those are the only ones I can think of for now) can also simply jump over Luma and bypass it that way. It doesn't help that Rosalina has a bit of a blind spot diagonally above her since utilt has almost zero horizontal range. Luma can help cover this in theory, but when it's out and about it likes to space himself too far to be of use in a defensive situation.

I really wish customs could be used online. I miss the Floaty Star Bit...
Mac's definitely in Rosa's favour. Although he is really fast on the ground, if stand on the right position and you mix between dash attacks, dash grabs and Luma Shot (where those options can't be reacted to), he is going to have a harder time beating you in neutral since he'll have to resort on guessing. He usually has to resort on shielding Luma Shot since his jumping and aerials are bad. You could pivot grab Little Mac's approaches, use those 3 options I mentioned before, or just reposition where his stuff aren't safe on block. And once you hit him (including with grab), he can almost always potentially die. He himself hits so hard but he also gets punished the hardest in the game.

I haven't played vs Peach, but vs Puff, you have options like running Usmash and Fair. Usmash deals better with those diagonals than Utilt does since it has a lot more horizontal range. Also does good damage and set ups juggles. It has worked very well for me when it comes to anti-airing Puff and makes Puff usually never 100% safe with her spacing. You can't react to doing running and Usmash very quickly after. Rosalina has slight problems with diagonals but not that bad (definitely better than like, Melee Peach, Brawl ROB and Brawl Olimar) since she can often threat with the range running Usmash has which will almost always at least trade. Watch Puff's patterns and Usmash where you think Puff will commit. If she's not very low on the ground, use Fair as well since almost nothing beats that move.

Overall Rosalina's a very adapting based character, she can do this very effectively since she's able to cover so many options at the same time. You wanna stay at that perfect spot on the ground where whatever the opponent does (even fast characters like Greninja, Sheik or Mac) they're not safe and pretty much creating guess situations which are greatly in Rosalina's favour. Rosalina has a pretty good dash grab and nice rewards from grabbing the opponent which helps immensely in matchups in which otherwise the opponent would just have been able to sit and shield for free.

Kohak

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm a Villager main and was wondering if you guys have tips for me against Rosalina? Might seem strange to ask here since she's your girl.. But nonetheless, this is a terrible matchup for us animal crossing folk and I need a some help.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
Anyone have trouble with Link mains? The lag on gravitational pull is too long to deal with their 3 projectiles and melee attacks, as well as Up Smash killing REALLY early and not having a reliable way of getting down when being launched up. Sure Luma blocks a lot of the projectiles, but the damage stacks up quickly.

Bushando64

King of the 64-Bit Realm
NNID
Bushando
3DS FC
1547-5186-5659
Switch FC
SW 5128 8278 7987
:4link:
Link can sometimes be a problem for me, as well. I usually attempt to stay just out of range of his Smash attacks and try to jump around his projectiles, until I can smack him around with either a well-spaced Luma-Smash-to-Rosa-Smash or a Luma-linked side-Smash. Shield-grabbing or boost grabbing helps a bit, too, since a lot of Link's moves have some end lag. Star Bits also hamper his movement as well, but watch out for Link's dash attack. That move is nonsense. Also, Link's down-air is pretty safe for him (I think; don't quote me on that) unless if maybe Rosa could try her up-air in response.
Gravitational Pull works fine if there's a LOT of space between the two players, but otherwise the animation takes way too long to be of real use. Hi-yaaaaa.

:4sonic:
One match-up that I thought would be horrendously difficult is against Sonic. I personally keep making the mistake of thinking that he's not much of a threat since I'm used to Brawl, but that's a sever underestimation in Smash 3DS now that he's actually powerful. In the match-up, however, I may have overestimated Sonic's options.
Sonics looooove to approach with a Spin Dash of some sort, which has the unfortunate characteristic to be totally neutered by Star Bits. When they somehow get past the Star Bits and chase after you, shielding and responding with a down-Smash or a grab can really screw up their momentum. Sonic's really strong in the air, however, so try not to get caught when recovering or delivering your own aerials. Be liberal with your shield as Sonics attempt to hit you with practically every single one followed by his Homing Attack. #2fast

:4yoshi:
Another underestimation on my part is when playing against Yoshi. Every single one of his moves have been powered up to ridiculous levels, and his dash-attack travels practically halfway across an Omega stage. There's an unbelievable amount of aerial control, here; not only do they have great range/knockback/damage, they're either very quick or hit multiple times. But that's not even the worst part.
The eggs. The breakfast of champions. Yoshi tosses them way too quickly in succession for Gravitational Pull to keep up, and they practically chip away at Luma if you're not linked-up. There's a LOT of stage control in Yoshi's favor, especially now that Yoshi is much more difficult to gimp as opposed to past games. I've seen some Yoshi's use the little boost that they get from tossing an egg to get back on stage, not even needing their second jump. Similarly to the other two characters that I've already mentioned, playing defensively helps, as well as Star Bits if you find an opportunity to edge-guard. I would reccommed keeping Luma close in order to have more launch power, however.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection on the Yoshi match-up, cautious "stutter-shielding" is a decent way to get past the egg dilemma. Basically continue to shield-cancel your dash momentum until you get close enough to forward-tilt or down-tilt Yoshi closer to the edge.
Together you can "crack" the code and beat them Yoshis.:113:

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Mac is tough but I've yet to have a problem with one (except for one situation where the guy was just a flat out better player than me).

Jab is an essential move to the Mac matchup. I've been able to space myself with Luma so that I can jab Mac safely. You also want to pelt him with star bits. Throughout the matchup you've got to look for an opportunity to grab him. If Mac gets grabbed by Rosalina, he will lose a stock if the Rosalina player knows what they're doing. UThrow Mac into the air and has has no way to beat a Uair juggle.

Also remember that Luma is expendable. You want Luma around, but remember that Rosalina's death is what causes the stock counter to fall, not Lumas.

NashRiskin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nashriskin
3DS FC
3497-1265-2606
:4link:

:4yoshi:
Another underestimation on my part is when playing against Yoshi. Every single one of his moves have been powered up to ridiculous levels, and his dash-attack travels practically halfway across an Omega stage. There's an unbelievable amount of aerial control, here; not only do they have great range/knockback/damage, they're either very quick or hit multiple times. But that's not even the worst part.
The eggs. The breakfast of champions. Yoshi tosses them way too quickly in succession for Gravitational Pull to keep up, and they practically chip away at Luma if you're not linked-up. There's a LOT of stage control in Yoshi's favor, especially now that Yoshi is much more difficult to gimp as opposed to past games. I've seen some Yoshi's use the little boost that they get from tossing an egg to get back on stage, not even needing their second jump. Similarly to the other two characters that I've already mentioned, playing defensively helps, as well as Star Bits if you find an opportunity to edge-guard. I would reccommed keeping Luma close in order to have more launch power, however.
Together you can "crack" the code and beat them Yoshis.:113:
Looking for more help on the Yoshi Match up. I find it extremely difficult to deal with, any other advice aside from play defensively? What kind of kill is ideal against a Yoshi?

Bushando64

King of the 64-Bit Realm
NNID
Bushando
3DS FC
1547-5186-5659
Switch FC
SW 5128 8278 7987
Looking for more help on the Yoshi Match up. I find it extremely difficult to deal with, any other advice aside from play defensively? What kind of kill is ideal against a Yoshi?
Limit your time in the air as you'll most likely get beat outright, as all of Yoshi's aerials have great priority, power, and range. There's also a possibility of Yoshi using his super armor to attempt a successful return to the ground, or make space with an egg. Shielding and reacting is the name of the game against Yoshi; reading and predicting where he's gonna end up plays a big part in that, much like playing any other character.

You could also try hitting Yoshi with Rosalina and then following up with Luma after the super armor gets used up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom