• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The Rosalina Gameplay Videos Thread

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
If the guy isn't going to DI or tech all those dsmashes you can Rosalina dsmash-> charged Luma fsmash for the kill.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Last edited:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good job on 2 man. I can't watch twitch archives from my phone so I'm going to have to watch when they're up loaded to youtube. The MK mu is rough.
Thanks. If you don't have time to watch all 3 sets, I recommend the 2nd one where I reset the bracket. : )

Edit: Damn I played way better in that 3rd game compared to every other match in those sets. So many missed punishes elsewhere.

Last edited:

falln

Smash Ace
newest video is out. Match Mindset Rosalina vs Pikachu. Warren [1UP | Nitro] is super good, wish he traveled more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oA04E3H-qg

also i don't normally bother posting vods for our weeklies but this tourney i had some really good matches. I bustered out in semis but in doing so I got the opportunity to cleanly 2-0 AC (ranked TJ) :metaknight:, slightly less cleanly 2-0 an up and coming falcon player named Jingen :falcon: . Cleanly 3-0 Phoenix :sonic: and then most importantly had 2 really good sets with terry :falcon: in grands. i shift my strategies midway through the set and i really like how the matches evolve in that way. Set 1 I won 3-2 then set 2 I won 3-1

http://www.twitch.tv/landiego/v/11998762
AC :metaknight: is at the start
Jingen :falcon: is 16:00
phoenix :sonic: is 25:45
terry :falcon: is 38:45

ALSO I have the opportunity to receive a sponsorship paid trip to Chicago's big E2C event next month. It's determined by public poll with the top 2 receiving the sponsorship. There's 7 of us in the poll and I'm currently [barely] in 3rd. Please support and hopefully I can get more OOS Rosalina play on stream!!

Poll is here:

http://epoll.me/vote/ACjI-qwzQLo/wh...s-e2c-18-in-chicago-il-on-9-26?fb_ref=Default

Last edited:

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
Feedback would be appreciated.
Since no one has, I'll do it.

0:16 Maybe you could have kept jabbing.
0:20 React faster after ZSS missed the grab.
0:22 I don't think you needed to shoot Luma out?
0:47 That looked like an opportunity to do a back air.
1:00 Landing next to ZSS like that left you wide open. I think you should have went to the ledge.
1:21 Good KO.
1:27 Should have grabbed ZSS right there or at least a dash attack.

Your Rosalina still looks pretty decent.

I struggle against aggressive Captain Falcon players, especially as Rosalina.

Tips and help please?

And is it me, or are tournament videos posted on video topics more likely to get a response rather than replays from home?

And while I am at it, I could use help against aggressive/good Mr. Game & Watch players like this one. I know I made some mistakes here and had some missed opportunities, but sometimes I feel like I play worse against these players, doing things I normally don't do. And it seems like during my second stock I play much better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knee Smasher

Smash Ace
NNID
UltimateChampion
3DS FC
2594-9924-0738
Here are two great battles I had last night against the best Rosalina player I know, with him 3-stocking me in one match and me doing the same to him in another. We have both fought each other countless times in the past, so we both pretty much know each other's playstyles and character matchups off by heart, leaving the outcome of any match we play entirely up to mindgames, which results in funny things like this happening:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WyRuFgiCm8 LoCal GwJ (Rosa) vs Protege (Luigi) GFs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTo2oSIIxjk LoCal GwJ (Rosa) vs Protege (Sheik/Luigi)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEMgppMmijg LoCal GwJ (Rosa) vs Donnie (Ganondorf/Mario)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pSOv0mpzXM LoCal GwJ (Rosa) vs Lore (Villager)

Can I get some input for these matches? I apologize for the quality, we were having stream issues so the audio is choppy. I really want help on the Villager match, but any of them are good.

Last edited:

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
Played a Tourny Online Match with Rosalina, Pointers Please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1-DdJMVrqM
0:14 Down smash instead of jabs. Or did you anticipate that Greninja player would roll in front of you?
0:18. Shield the ninja sneak then grab. You have to pay attention to the ground at times while it's being used so you know where the shadow goes.
1:22. Should have tried a lunar landing or down air as you were landing.
1:25. Maybe should have rolled right behind Greninja and grabbed him.

I think overall you should have tried more down tilts to keep some space, especially when waiting for Luma to respawn. You also seemed to sometimes shoot Luma out randomly too, which shouldn't be done. Try not to attack Greninja directly under him with your up air's, but rather at an angle below him, especially with Luma, so that way Greninja can't use it's down air as easily. The Greninja player wasn't that great anyways.

Sefiroth

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, I'm new at posting in smashboards but visit it kind of frecuently. I'm a top player from Spain and we just had our biggest tournament yet with 96 entrants. I got 2nd.

Winners semis against MVL (a 13yo kid that plays sheik): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hISVBa3MrqE
Winners finals against Robo~Luigi (ROB): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hmH3gsMwLg
Grand Finals against Robo~Luigi (ROB): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1SP2hpf-ME

Funny thing is I played the entire top 8 with a friend's controller since i lost mine mid tourney. Dropped some inputs and stuff cause of this but definitely didn't lose because of that.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Hi guys, I'm new at posting in smashboards but visit it kind of frecuently. I'm a top player from Spain and we just had our biggest tournament yet with 96 entrants. I got 2nd.

Winners semis against MVL (a 13yo kid that plays sheik): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hISVBa3MrqE
Winners finals against Robo~Luigi (ROB): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hmH3gsMwLg
Grand Finals against Robo~Luigi (ROB): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1SP2hpf-ME
You almost made an improved combo of what ive been thoerizing and tryuing to get in trainingmode, luma dtilt to rosa dair offstage, a second dair on the end of the shiekset would have been really nice :D The other thing i noted that set were that, atleast once when you were behind, you did upthrow to upsmash (which i think never is guarantied) on low %, where atleast fthrow>dashattack (works till around 23%) and uthrow uptilt is guarantied in general (till upair works i think). Just watched a little of grand final, and from what a Rob main told me, Rob really hates rosas upair, so thats something to try to use more. You might also need to think more about your counterpicks, or am I missing something with duck hunt that is more benificial then the dog ruining midstagecontrol?

Sefiroth

Smash Rookie
You almost made an improved combo of what ive been thoerizing and tryuing to get in trainingmode, luma dtilt to rosa dair offstage, a second dair on the end of the shiekset would have been really nice :D The other thing i noted that set were that, atleast once when you were behind, you did upthrow to upsmash (which i think never is guarantied) on low %, where atleast fthrow>dashattack (works till around 23%) and uthrow uptilt is guarantied in general (till upair works i think). Just watched a little of grand final, and from what a Rob main told me, Rob really hates rosas upair, so thats something to try to use more. You might also need to think more about your counterpicks, or am I missing something with duck hunt that is more benificial then the dog ruining midstagecontrol?
Uthrow usmash tends to work on fastfallers at some %, maybe it's not guaranteed but sometimes it just works.
About rosas upair against Rob, i tend to abuse rob when he's above me, but it's really hard for me to get him above me. I picked duckhunt since i personally like it, i can kind of easily juggle him with upairs, i can sometimes camp on the big tree for a bit and if i get spiked when i recover i can try and tech the wall. He banned battlefield and I don't really like dreamland (not even gonna mention lylat).

Thanks for the tips tho, Rob is a matchup that's really hard for me for some reason

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Uthrow usmash tends to work on fastfallers at some %, maybe it's not guaranteed but sometimes it just works.
About rosas upair against Rob, i tend to abuse rob when he's above me, but it's really hard for me to get him above me. I picked duckhunt since i personally like it, i can kind of easily juggle him with upairs, i can sometimes camp on the big tree for a bit and if i get spiked when i recover i can try and tech the wall. He banned battlefield and I don't really like dreamland (not even gonna mention lylat).

Thanks for the tips tho, Rob is a matchup that's really hard for me for some reason
U throw usmash only works on heavy characters I guess.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
U throw usmash only works on heavy characters I guess.
To add to this, it only really works at lower damage percentages. If the opponent is damaged too much, then the u-throw will send him/her flying too far for u-smash to deal any additional damage.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
To add to this, it only really works at lower damage percentages. If the opponent is damaged too much, then the u-throw will send him/her flying too far for u-smash to deal any additional damage.
Yep, exactly.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I can try to translate the Japanese on the right corner.

0:00- Dash grab, Dash grab>Up throw>Up Smash
0:08- Down throw>Forward Air
0:11- Up throw> Up Smash
0:13- Up throw> Up Smash> Up air
0:16- Up throw> 1st jab > 2nd jab > Down tilt (Towards Luma)> Up throw> Up Smash> Up air
0:22- Grab and pummel near the ledge> Down air (Works the best when opponent is on high percentages as shown in the video)
0:30- Luma Shoot(Neutral B) out of the stage> Consistent jab (This is a move that is really good for edgeguard, it used to even KO opponents easily before patch 1.0.6)
0:39- 1st jab> 2nd jab> Up Smash
0:44- 1st jab> 2nd jab> Down Smash
0:49- 1st jab> 2nd jab> Up air (Works better when opponent is in high damage)
0:52- 1st jab> grab> Up throw> Up air
0:57- 1st jab> 2nd jab> Down air towards Luma> Up Smash(Rosalina)
1:02- Short hop> Starbit shoot (Side B)> Forward air> Up Smash
1:08- Down air> Back air (Lunar landing?)> Forward air
1:12- Down air> Back air (Lunar landing?)> Forward air> Up Smash
1:16- Down air> Back air (Lunar landing?)> grab> Up throw> Up air
1:21- Down air> Back air (Lunar landing?)> Down air> Up Smash
1:26- Down air> Back air (Lunar landing?)> Down air> Side Smash
1:30- Down air> Down air> Back air (Lunar landing?)> follow where the opponent DIs> Down air> Down air> Back air (Lunar landing?)> grab near the ledge> Down air

And check this out:

Last edited:

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Not sure how to turn around that video to be decently watchable :/

Dabuz looses out on alot of safe killoptions in dtilt when luma is detethered.
I do like the backstabbing jabs though, KOing at 130 with that were nice (noticed it on the stream, not watching the tilted game yet).

Last edited:

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
MK matchup is hella free for Rosa.
If you get dash attacked you should die but honestly Meta Knight has no way to approach you that is safe ever.
I've played some high level meta knight and they only win if I slip up and get YOLO dash attack'd into a 70% combo.

Also is there a way to always make Luma d-tilt towards you? That Japanese combo video made me curious.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
MK matchup is hella free for Rosa.
If you get dash attacked you should die but honestly Meta Knight has no way to approach you that is safe ever.
I've played some high level meta knight and they only win if I slip up and get YOLO dash attack'd into a 70% combo.

Also is there a way to always make Luma d-tilt towards you? That Japanese combo video made me curious.
Press down, then tilt the stick slightly backwards and dtilt, between the free jabcancel area and direcly downwards. Semms that only work tethered though.

Last edited:

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Smasher89, being able to do that consistently really opens up some possibilities.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Not sure how to turn around that video to be decently watchable :/

Dabuz looses out on alot of safe killoptions in dtilt when luma is detethered.
I do like the backstabbing jabs though, KOing at 130 with that were nice (noticed it on the stream, not watching the tilted game yet).
I turned screen rotation off on my phone and turned my phone to match the screen. Also I think he played like that because of mk ability to kill Luma with basically anything. This way if he gets thrown it won't result in a dead luma.

@ Nd_KakaKhakis Nd_KakaKhakis you think the MU is free for Rosa and falln things it's her worst MU. Why do you think it's so free? Who is your mk experience? I'm not aware of any high level mks in NY.

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
I have played Mr. R's Meta Knight extensively at Super Smash Con (3-ish hours of just this matchup).
You can say its not his main blah blah but this is someone top 5 in the world playing a character he considers his 2nd/3rd best character.

Basically Meta Knight cannot approach you.

You have to be wary of his specials though which can be troublesome
BUT
If you're aware of Side-B, and jump over it. And you're aware that you can clank/beat Tornado with any luma grounded or aerial move you're not gonna be bothered by his specials.

Then specials aside how is a meta knight going to approach a Rosalina on the ground? Its impossible! His aerial and ground mobility do not cut it and his range gets beaten out hard. Meta knight gets jab,1,2,3'd then gets bodied by landing mixups. If I overextend my landing mixups however I could find my stock gone.

If I find myself being cute and going for RAR Bair and fancy air to ground stuff I get Dash Attack'd and maybe my stock is gone.

The matchup in my mind sits in the same vein as a Luigi or a Falcon matchup. Making a mistake in neutral could lead to me getting swag combo'd and at a huge deficit. But the burden is on me to make that mistake thus I control the pace of the match. And every jab or upair I get just makes my opponent that much more desperate and makes it easier to continue to wall them out.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
It's difficult for MK to get it but not impossible. Rosalina maybe able to keep him out but once he's in you get mauled. His combos should lead to death on Rosalina. I'm not sure if Mr. R MK was up to snuff by super smashcon. Pretty sure that's the first time he used him in tournament previously it was almost all sheik.

The reason why the dabuz vs tryant MU is impressive is because tryant is the best MK. Also any mk using nado or side B to get in is a worthless mk.

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
Trust me I was getting 0-death'd all day and his MK was easily one of the best in the world at that point. I understand that aspect of the matchup and have experienced it many a time.

Getting 0-death is bad (obviously) and dictates to some extent the matchup.
But Rosa still controls the match. If there's no reason for MK to get in (none mentioned so far in this conversation) then at the highest level MK will not get in (as demonstrated by Dabuz our best wall in Smash 4 currently).

Its not easy to commit to relentless ground based/reaction based zoning (I certainly don't commit to it in my tournament play) but having the mental stamina to do that makes this an amazing matchup for Rosa. Sure every mistake you make is punished harshly but players will get good enough to avoid that one mistake and then the matchup will look easier and easier at the top level.

And on another note I would encourage lots of people struggling with the Rosalina matchup to throw out a scrubby MK side-B or a falcon kick or whatever predictable rush move. If Rosa is in a corner it can be very effective and match-altering to throw out a bad punishable move. There are situations where at worst your scrubby rush-move will kill Luma and you'll get grabbed and at best you'll catch the Rosa off-guard.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Wow, I'm finding so much information on here! I def need to visit these boards more! I will try to watch all the videos from the page & give some critiques. Can anyone critique my game? I feel like I can be so much better! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yhmahEx2t4
Critques:
- Rosalina's up B angles, easy to practice and are too important to mess up in actual tournament matches.
- You often dash attack OoS, that's alright aslong as you know the distance of luma's dash, you shouldn't do it as often as solo Rosalina because it's a way worse attack than when they're together.
- You don't pummel often enough

Positives:
- good jab pressure in game two, when you know your opponent is scared you can apply so much pressure which you did
- Uairs game 3

Overall: You played pretty solid when you're ahead but struggle when you're behind, try to figure that out and my last point is don't go for random usmashes or other kill moves when you're alone with Rosalina, its a huge risk and it has a smaller hitbox because you're alone

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Critques:
- Rosalina's up B angles, easy to practice and are too important to mess up in actual tournament matches.
- You often dash attack OoS, that's alright aslong as you know the distance of luma's dash, you shouldn't do it as often as solo Rosalina because it's a way worse attack than when they're together.
- You don't pummel often enough

Positives:
- good jab pressure in game two, when you know your opponent is scared you can apply so much pressure which you did
- Uairs game 3

Overall: You played pretty solid when you're ahead but struggle when you're behind, try to figure that out and my last point is don't go for random usmashes or other kill moves when you're alone with Rosalina, its a huge risk and it has a smaller hitbox because you're alone
Thank you, yeah I struggle with the recovery still even though I do practice it a lot. The random upsmash was a read but yeah it was super risky and missed so I'll prob cut it altogether. Thanks for the tips! I'll try to watch yours this week too.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Thank you, yeah I struggle with the recovery still even though I do practice it a lot. The random upsmash was a read but yeah it was super risky and missed so I'll prob cut it altogether. Thanks for the tips! I'll try to watch yours this week too.
You're welcome :) My play is all over the place though so I hope you find something of consistant fault of mine :)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I finally got around to using my Rosalina in tournament. I know I made some terrible plays that usually got me killed and I go for way too many smashes, but any critique would be much appreciated.

Top Bottom