• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ROBOCOP betting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwnsweet

Smash Cadet
With only 2 weeks to go until Robocop, the inevitable EAST vs WEST comments in various threads across the board have reached fever pitch. Being a Perthian paying nearly $500 to attend Robo and also having full confidence in my bros (ie, Corpse's) abilities, I figure I'll capitalize on this situation by starting up this thread in an attempt to offset some of my expenses.

But it's not just for me. If you wanna lay down a bet, this is where you can do it. Just state the following:

1. What you're betting on (obviously)
2. Your payout ratio (ie 1:1, 2:1, 3:1 etc)
3. How much you'll cover up to
4. And any additional conditions you have

Once you've laid down your bet, sit back and wait for a fish to bite.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
im sure theres rules on this, and legal issues, youre going to get some internet police (aka cao/mic) swoop on you fast

pwnsweet

Smash Cadet
I'll get the ball rolling and put forward the following bet:

1. I bet that no other Australian smasher can beat Corpse in a best of 3
2. I'll pay out 1:1
3. I'll cover individual bets up to $100, with up to 5 different people
4. Match must be played without music on, under Robocop tournment rules.

Any takers?

Hotdog

Smash Lord
lol without music on. You Perth people sure are retardedly picky.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Without music, is that refering to the game music, or venue music? If the latter, what about other noise? It's going to be very noisy regardless.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Without music, is that refering to the game music, or venue music? If the latter, what about other noise? It's going to be very noisy regardless.
Haha yea, you probably won't be able to even hear the game sounds amongst all the crowd noise anyways.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Sounds like a way for you to back out when he loses in bracket as most of the wii's will have game music on.

tibs7

Smash Champion
My bet is that for 100 bucks corpse won't be the highest placed Aussie at robocop.
Music ON.

pwnsweet

Smash Cadet
Sounds like a way for you to back out when he loses in bracket as most of the wii's will have game music on.
Na. Because my bet is a fairly broad one, I have to cover myself in case he verses a snake so he can hear when a mine is placed or a grenade is pulled but like C~Dog and Hotdog said, it'll probably make little difference anyway. Still, an unlikely small advantage is better than no advantage so the condition holds - NO music!

ill place this bet

me vs his bo3 melee 500 bux

deal?
No bet - I have no confidence in Corpse's Melee skillz (sorry bro!)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
pwnsweet -- do we have to pick a single person for him to play, or are we betting on his overall performance at robocop?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
inb4 betting scandal, eg m2k drops 2 stocks vs atlas and pockets 40k

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
im sure theres rules on this, and legal issues, youre going to get some internet police (aka cao/mic) swoop on you fast
Like some sort of monster? I'm sorry, but the only monster here is the gambling monster that has enslaved our friends! I call him Gamblor, and it's time to snatch our friends from his neon claws!

But yeah, MLG aint be happy with yer bets and such. Gonna have to take it to msn/pms/ect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom