• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ROB Matchup Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
You must be a bad player then. Explain to me how lower traction is worse than all kinds of walls during the stage?

The changing physics make the stage require skill, doesn't take it away.
its not the ice everyone complains about, ice changes game physics slightly, but its not a big difference
the thing with the air is that item games stop entirely, autocancels are now nullified, killing off the top is amazingly easy, gimping is almost impossible. it changes the entire game a ton
walls can be avoided, the air effect happens everywhere.
i agree, everywhere else fine and its almost neutral like that. but the air stage jsut kills it entirely. the changing of physics doesnt really make it needs skill, the distorts the metagame and make some thing overly powerful and some things completely useless

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The air stage? Have you practiced it? It's not really bad, unless you are Rob, then you are screwed.
The game doesn't stop, it changes, you don't need autocancels, killing of the top really doesn't happen that much and you shouldn't even try to gimp at that part anyways.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
The air stage? Have you practiced it? It's not really bad, unless you are Rob, then you are screwed.
The game doesn't stop, it changes, you don't need autocancels, killing of the top really doesn't happen that much and you shouldn't even try to gimp at that part anyways.
Lawl. Which pretty much equates to more planking.

The conveyor belt transformation makes it impossible to come back to the stage once a char maintains control over the center of the stage, which equals more planking.

The big earth wall... walls suck. More planking.

Ice is stupid. More planking.

PS2 is dumb.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
PS2 and PS1 are ********. If it would've been my tournament, these stages would be the most legal (in order):

Starter:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks:

Frigate Orpheon
Castle Seige
Halberd

The end! But I like this thread even more, it seems that you learn new things everyday!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
That must be the most Falco friendly stagelist I know. Care to explain why all the good MK stages are gone suddenly? Perfect stages like RC and Delfino...

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I guess so, but Falco is good on almost all the stages except like 1 which gets banned. Now good luck. I want conservatives to explain why stages are banned

Also, I will NEVER EVER enter a tournament with such a biased stagelist.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I guess so, but Falco is good on almost all the stages except like 1 which gets banned. Now good luck. I want conservatives to explain why stages are banned

being in finland, it may be the only tournament you can enter

Silhouette

Smash Lord
You must be a bad player then. Explain to me how lower traction is worse than all kinds of walls during the stage?

The changing physics make the stage require skill, doesn't take it away.
wow get over yourself dude, just admit that you were wrong. Theres a reason stages like 75m are banned, its because they change the game too much. PS2 is barkin up the same tree, the only reason its slightly being considered is because of its neutral formation.

PS2 is jank as f*ck, get over it.

p.s. RC and Delfino are nowhere near perfect, and you know why. RC is an awkward mother f*cker and delphino has walkoffs galore.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
theres very little difference between waht requires skill and waht is beyond the scope of teh metagame. ps2 is on the fence of both of those, some choose to ban it, some choose to allow it

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You are not telling me what is broken about the stage, you are just saying it's not similar to other stages with it's way too exaggerated changes of physics.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014

Then do not attend, not my problem. The stages I mentioned are the most neutral stages - which doesn't change the competitive game and aren't random nor having walk-offs like Delfino Plaza or gay in two ways like Rainbow Ride. And don't come here and talk about biased stuff when you main Meta Knight and asked where Delfino Plaza or Rainbow Cruise are. The current stage list is more biased than mine. It's time to take from the rich, and give it to the poor!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
You are not telling me what is broken about the stage, you are just saying it's not similar to other stages with it's way too exaggerated changes of physics.
i am telling you what the problem is, and the problem is the distortion of game physics. now we really need to drop this pointless debate and get back to character matchups

-LzR-

Smash Hero
@ccst, Delfino is a totally legit stage, you can't ban it just because you want to buff crappy characters.

@GP lol I didn't even know this was the MU thread, I don't really read the titles all the time xD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
...slap
XD
no really, its a mu thread not a stage discussion thread, go to the stage boards for that. in the meantime. back to characters
so gentlemen, how do we kill the batman? *ahem* i mena meta knight

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
@ccst, Delfino is a totally legit stage, you can't ban it just because you want to buff crappy characters.
Do you really think that a stage with walk-offs, walls and water should be legal? Please think again. (I don't want to start something, but we can talk more on MSN -LzR-, when I have time).

TeeVee

Smash Lord
-lzr- as a TO, and by your logic of wanting ps2 to be legal, why dont you allow items during tournies?

whats so bannable about them? having to deal with stuff?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Just change the title of the thread already.

Try to actually play some matches on PS2 instead of "Lolwind" and then come back and tell me why it's so bad.

Who wins on PS2? Who loses there?
What kind of tactic can you abuse there to marginalize skill?

I can't find an answer to any of those.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Just change the title of the thread already.

Try to actually play some matches on PS2 instead of "Lolwind" and then come back and tell me why it's so bad.

Who wins on PS2? Who loses there?
What kind of tactic can you abuse there to marginalize skill?

I can't find an answer to any of those.

take the same exact argument you have for ps2 and apply it to items

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Lol you aren't even trying.
Items are random, unpredictable and most of the items are either about luck or destroy the opponent in one hit or promote excess stalling so they are banned.

Doesn't really make any sense what you are trying to say.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Lol you aren't even trying.
Items are random, unpredictable and most of the items are either about luck or destroy the opponent in one hit or promote excess stalling so they are banned.

Doesn't really make any sense what you are trying to say.
he does, he makes a very valid one.
if you complain about excess of stalling, r.o.b can dair all day on the wind stage and not need to touch the ground, making him unreachable by most of the cast
if you complain about easy kills, the lowered gravity makes momentum cancelling almost null. fox's upsmash will kill even snake below 100 on there

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
That stage is ********, enough said. Air characters does wonder there, but ground characters suck. The stage changes Brawl too much (different from the whole cast of stages). Marth has a glitch on the electric stage, and tether recoveries suck there. Ice Climbers are way too OP on the ice stage (they do not affect by the ice), and aerial characters are LoL on the air stage - not to mention MK's already broken Uair there. King Dedede and Falco can infinite chain-grab on the rock stage. The only really good stage transformation is the neutral one. GL HF!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Mk sucks on airstage.

Also, IC are "op" on this stage for ****ing 40 seconds! Are you stupid enough to get grabbed during that time?

All those issues are only temporary. You are only saying things, you have no real experience to know what you are talking about. Damn conservatives.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
I've played that stage. Explain to me why Meta Knight sucks there then.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Crappy mobility. Enemies can easily fly out of MK's way and he falls so slow it takes forever to do anything.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Doesn't really help as much as you think.
Also, using nado, drillrush and shuttle loop will get you killed in the airstage.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Shuttle Loop isn't that bad. Punishing it during the air phase is awkward and gliding is MKs best option to get to the ground ASAP in low gravity.

Top Bottom