• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Weavel

Smash Ace
Wasn't the NES sprite in the Greninja reveal or something? And Firstly doesn't have a white tail tip, or anything white for that matter
I know, I meant by having other M Ridley as a stage boss and then having original sprite Ridley as a character. I would not like that.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I know, I meant by having other M Ridley as a stage boss and then having original sprite Ridley as a character. I would not like that.
It won't happen until they will chose to base character designs off other metroid game, like Metroid Prime or Super Metroid again (i dislike that Power Suit design they used for previous games, Prime design would be a lot better). So, don't worry about that. If that will happen in Sm4sh, i will not sleep for 5 years.
Alternatively, they could use Ridley's Super Metroid/Zero Mission design, the one with small wings.

The tail still is a problem regardless of which design they use.
F*** no, big wings look better and Charizard already has giant wings and long tail, so, its not that bad.

Last edited:

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS!?
Becaussse...

"Pic of the Day: It appears that our little friend has everything under control when it comes to one of the returning assist trophies, Shadow The Hedgehog. Seems like he has quite the appetite!"

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
...this is maddening.

the constant speculation about which ridley we might get, if any, doubting our own evidence, worrying about each PotD possibly crushing our hopes.

almost kinda wish i had stayed away from smash bros. boards/forums so i wouldnt know about this evidence and have to deal with all of this. :dizzy:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Are you sure? Or are you just basing it off of Greninja's low fighting stance?
Bear in mind Wolf is taller than both Fox and Falco, but you wouldn't know it if all three stood idle next to each other due to Wolf's stance.
No, no, I'm sure (sorry for the late reply, I just woke up). I'm talking about when they're both standing upright.

This just goes to show you how much size doesn't matter in Smash Bros.
Greninja Dex Photo.jpg

Lucario Dex Photo.jpg

Look at the full size (click on them) of the images or you won't be able to make anything out.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Becaussse...

"Pic of the Day: It appears that our little friend has everything under control when it comes to one of the returning assist trophies, Shadow The Hedgehog. Seems like he has quite the appetite!"

"Hm...tastes like no chance for Sm4sh or Sma5h, a very bad game...and a bit like a hedgehog..."
I guess that attack deals real SOVIET damage is painful, right?

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I have no worries about Ridley being revealed in a picture of the day as a hazard or boss. Seeing how Sakurai was quick to clarify that certain other characters weren't playable, he would have clarified Ridley isn't playable by now, if the villain wasn't. I do have a feeling that if Ridley isn't announced in August, Sakurai will at least reveal the Pyrosphere hazard (or boss, if there is one).

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Becaussse...

I swear the day I see waluigi in these pictures, I am drinking the water.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I swear the day I see waluigi in these pictures, I am drinking the water.
You WILL see it, no doubts about that. Unless Jeanne will decide to simply leave him alone unlike other characters, which would be unfair to those characters. So, he must either do them all without any mercy or he will become a traitor, so, we will decapitate, eviscerate, mutilate him, tear him apart, paint in pink toxic...paint, shoot him, stab him, shoot him again, headshot him, force him to listen to me singing, shoot him again and then just throw him out of the window before enjoying our turkey which we would deserve then.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Well. I kinda was hoping for something Metroid related today. Guess not. Oh well. Still, I expect something to happen soon.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
alright, sorry about what i said, then.

here, let me give you a hug.

friends? :grin:

again, sorry if i upset you, andrea.
Fine. apology accepted.

=u= I really need my vacations....and draw more Ridley, maybe later in the day....

Weavel

Smash Ace
There is no correct dates for reveals right? Just kind of unexpected and thrown out there?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I like tempting fate because it amuses me.

Hey guys
Ridley's a playable character
Absolutely not a boss
I'll do something stupid if he's a stage hazard
WHAT ARE YOU
Uh, well, I will do something even MORE stupid if he is playable! Which is totally impossible!

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
View attachment 20613
BiS Bowser is about the same height as Bowser, perhaps a little taller. Also, wow, Ganondorf being as tall as Ridley...
Wow, awesome comparison. Are you just building on it as you go? Like adding comparisons as you need them?

Ripped these out of the pictures if you want Ganon and Link to look cleaner.

and then outlined

These were ripped directly from that one picture, so you may need to resize them to how they look in the comparison. I don't want to sound picky, sorry.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I like tempting fate because it amuses me.

Hey guys
Ridley's a playable character
Absolutely not a boss
I'll do something stupid if he's a stage hazard
WHAT ARE YOU
Uh, well, I will do something even MORE stupid if he is playable! Which is totally impossible!
Do a barrel role in LoZ Item Get pose while jumping through a ring of fire, then upload it here. Then it will really count.

Last edited:

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
"Hm...tastes like no chance for Sm4sh or Sma5h, a very bad game...and a bit like a hedgehog..."
I guess that attack deals real SOVIET damage is painful, right?
Shadow the Hedgehog wasn't that bad of a game. Honestly, if they got rid of the guns and the morality system, I would have considered it better than Sonic Heroes. (Especially considering it got rid of the implication that Shadow the Hedgehog was an android.) It's especially good because at the end Shadow stopped angsting. Unfortunately, everyone wants to forget it. I do agree with the other implication, though.

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
You WILL see it, no doubts about that. Unless Jeanne will decide to simply leave him alone unlike other characters, which would be unfair to those characters. So, he must either do them all without any mercy or he will become a traitor, so, we will decapitate, eviscerate, mutilate him, tear him apart, paint in pink toxic...paint, shoot him, stab him, shoot him again, headshot him, force him to listen to me singing, shoot him again and then just throw him out of the window before enjoying our turkey which we would deserve then.
Tempting fate has never been considered to be a smart idea.
Waluigi's sacrifice will be the final cog in ending Ridley's infant and adolescent stage, and will ensure his place in the roster.

His sacrifice will not be in vain.
"Update Pic of the Day: After a full meal, little one is taking a well deserved nap. Perhaps he is dreaming about one of the new friends he is going to make tomorrow."

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Why would they reveal Ridley when Metroid was first released in Japan if he's populair in the west? Doesn't make sense.

When was the first metroid game released in Na/Europe? Maybe that date will reveal something.​

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Why would they reveal Ridley when Metroid was first released in Japan if he's populair in the west? Doesn't make sense.

When was the first metroid game released in Na/Europe? Maybe that date will reveal something.​
No recorded release date. Just.... August. Somewhere in August.
Also, it'd make no sense to reveal Ridley in January, and besides, the NES sucked more than the Atari in Europe.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
No recorded release date. Just.... August. Somewhere in August.
Also, it'd make no sense to reveal Ridley in January, and besides, the NES sucked more than the Atari in Europe.
Smash bros wii u would be out by then so 0% chance that not everyone will not be revealed by 2015

(And for proof i have no doubt that we will get a repeat preformance of the brawl leak escept its for ssb4.)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Shadow the Hedgehog wasn't that bad of a game. Honestly, if they got rid of the guns and the morality system, I would have considered it better than Sonic Heroes. (Especially considering it got rid of the implication that Shadow the Hedgehog was an android.) It's especially good because at the end Shadow stopped angsting. Unfortunately, everyone wants to forget it. I do agree with the other implication, though.
Bad controls (not as in "unusual" or "not comfortable", more like slippery), bad graphics (some of the models are fine, but they were ripped straight from Sonic Heroes and Sonic Adventure), very boring objectives (unless you want to just go to the end of the level, but then you will get stupid Shadow android ending) that require doing same thing over and over again, like killing enemies, bad level design, bad story, pointless revival of Shadow who had a nice death/fate that would make him remembered as a good character instead of that, same kind of music all of the time, weird collision detection (or was in from '06 only?). That is what i can remember right now. And that is not counting guns and morality system, which forces you to play the same level 10 times and play this game 10 times and just has bad endings and they are pointless since there is TRUE ending. Sonic Heroes are at least below average while THIS is really bad. Not atrocious like Sonic '06 or Sonic Genesis, but close.
Back to the topic.

"Update Pic of the Day: After a full meal, little one is taking a well deserved nap. Perhaps he is dreaming about one of the new friends he is going to make tomorrow."

Needs more blood.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

I want a birdley plushie now. With bloodstains.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Now I can only image what it looks like when a space pirate sings, I don't even care about the sounds, I just wanna know what it looks like now

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
There's something BaganSmashBros reminded me of when talking about signs of Ridley's intelligence but not sure if it's been brought up before.

Doesn't it seem odd that pyrosphere in Smash Bros. seems to take place after a battle, but in Other M it seems fairly intact

It could just be a sign that other people have been there before and came to their demise by Ridley, but to me it seems more like a nod back to the fight in Other M (with a few changes as all the pillars seem intact in Other M). Hence why it's damaged as it took place after the fight with Ridley, and explains some of the holes (anyone who played the game will know a certain iconic one).

So if Ridley was the boss in pyrosphere why would they base it on the area after the fight with Ridley that happened in Other M? It makes no sense to me, if I was making the boss I would have made it look the same as the pyrosphere before the boss fight in Other M (they could even add the bridge and it wouldn't impact anything), and make certain parts of it break when Ridley attacks, but all pictures so the exact same ruined pyrosphere.

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
There's something BaganSmashBros reminded me of when talking about signs of Ridley's intelligence but not sure if it's been brought up before.

Doesn't it seem odd that pyrosphere in Smash Bros. seems to take place after a battle, but in Other M it seems fairly intact

It could just be a sign that other people have been there before and came to their demise by Ridley, but to me it seems more like a nod back to the fight in Other M (with a few changes as all the pillars seem intact in Other M). Hence why it's damaged as it took place after the fight with Ridley, and explains some of the holes (anyone who played the game will know a certain iconic one).

So if Ridley was the boss in pyrosphere why would they base it on the area after the fight with Ridley that happened in Other M? It makes no sense to me, if I was making the boss I would have made it look the same as the pyrosphere before the boss fight in Other M (they could even add the bridge and it wouldn't impact anything), and make certain parts of it break when Ridley attacks, but all pictures so the exact same ruined pyrosphere.
perhaps the pictures shown by sakurai are after the boss has already appeared onto the stage?

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Isn't the west getting super smash bros 4 before japan?
no... they get it in september, we get it in october.

hopefully ridley's status is revealed soon... i just cant take anymore.

Last edited:

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Waluigi's sacrifice will be the final cog in ending Ridley's infant and adolescent stage, and will ensure his place in the roster.

His sacrifice will not be in vain.
Eating waluigi will make him skip adolescent Ridley. He will just be full blown Ridley, but with a mustache.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

I like the thought, but if those side parts were still there, it'd just interfere with the camera and that'd be annoying to play with

Though if you were right, Roidley would be dead so then Ridley would have to come forward :p

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Now I can only image what it looks like when a space pirate sings, I don't even care about the sounds, I just wanna know what it looks like now
It looks beatyfull...for Space Pirate standarts. But it actualy is as bad as someone doing an unholy mix of breakdance and lambada, and then exploding from the strain...but a hundred times worse. And sounds even worse than it looks.

The only explanation for that is that he wanted to add as much details to it as possible, but it takes a lot more time to do than to use pre-battle version of this stage or at least version of this stage during that battle. Still, it wouldn't explain why there is a hole Ridley made to escape that area. If it is there, then it means Ridley isn't there. But then why did we saw Ridley on this stage if he escaped it?

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
perhaps the pictures shown by sakurai are after the boss has already appeared onto the stage?
This is the only picture we have of possible hazardly

But the only damaged part of the area we can see is the bridge which changes nothing =/

It's annoying that Sakurai won't give us any real info on pyrosphere, I just hope there's a good reason.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
This is the only picture we have of possible hazardly

But the only damaged part of the area we can see is the bridge which changes nothing =/

It's annoying that Sakurai won't give us any real info on pyrosphere, I just hope there's a good reason.
There is also that hole he made after breaking through wall. He did that to ESCAPE this area instead of using it to ENTER it. It was revealed in an PotD.
I like the thought, but if those side parts were still there, it'd just interfere with the camera and that'd be annoying to play with
Broken bridge is in the background, so, it wouldn't interfere with anything. There is no 2nd bridge.

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Damnit, I don't want to play as the clone Ridley! I want to play as the genuine article!

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
It's insane to think it's almost been a whole year since Pyrosphere was first announced with it's cryptic Ridley hints. Sakurai has to be fully aware how requested Riddles is and we're nearing the release date, I would be ecstatic if he was the last newcomer announced before release, just to drive the hype to extreme levels.

Top Bottom