• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Zynux

Smash Lord
A lot of new users are participating in this thread now (The moderators are especially thrilled with the increased workload)! We're getting increasingly closure to the most controversial aspect of Smash Characters: Ridley's inclusion! We're in this trainwreck together it seems. Clench your butts, no matter what happens there will be salt :salt:.

Oh you sly little thing you :awesome:

No comment.
Checkmate. :shades:

Srsly though people, we can all at least be better than a bunch of neutered Zebesian Pirates in the presence of detractors can't we?
If we're destined to be neutered Zebesians in front of detractors, at least aim high to be an Silver Space Pirate! :smash:

That design is awesome, but there was always something that bugged me about it...

Who the hell at the Engineer Bay thought that it would be a good idea to leave a potentially vital organ out in the open??
Metroid Prime 2 Pirates were reused concepts of some of the enemies found in the early concept of Metroid Prime 1.5 [1][2][3] called the Shock Beast. In the original concept, they had a legitimate explanation for the exposed heart:

"Due to a genetic flaw, the heart and lungs (on its backside) of the shock beast are exposed, making it an easy kill. Since the ship’s AI has noticed the design flaw, later versions have an armored carapace that must be destroyed in order to hit the vital areas, much like the Baby Sheegoth."

I guess the designers just ported the design completely into Prime 2 without much of a care for the exposed heart (thus, laziness essentially).

I don't know about you guys, but Ridley is straight up secret unlockable material in my eyes. Plus making him so makes Sakurai an even bigger troll for never addressing Ridley's role at all, creating the largest Challenger Approaching surprise ever. I expect Nintendo and Sakurai to waste great opportunities for reveals given what they have done so far (no Pac during the invitational? Or someone like K. Rool or Ridley at E3?) I really think we won't know what he is until Japan gets their hands on the game.
I understand and somewhat agree with this sentiment, but at the same time I find it hard to believe that after two ambiguous allusions to Ridley, Sakurai won't address the issue at some point before the game's release, as he must be well aware of the Ridley issue. If such a situation really comes to pass however, then I would be more confident in Ridley's possible playablility.

Yes. Pokeymans. How interesting.
Obvious allusion is obvious. Pokemon PoTD instead of Metroid content? Sakurai was obviously hinting at Ridley since the Space Dragon is actually a Pokemon himself, confirmed by Other M by having 2 evolutions! My logic is infallible; don't bother to argue against the facts presented :yeahboi:

No Ridley POTD for Metroid Anniversary. Surprise, surprise.
It truly was no surprise. Anniversaries have proven time and time again to be unreliable for predicting. Trust me, if the unfortunate happens (Ridley PoTD) it will catch us by complete surprise.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Can I like... hug you? That post pretty much sums up why the Prime style pirates and Ridley have always been my favorite incarnations for the most part, maybe not counting some of their weirder designs in Corruption, but yeah.
Well, I'm never opposed to hugs.

And if you honestly enjoy that view on the Space Pirates so much, I advise you to read E. E. "Doc" Smith's six book series: The Chronicles of the Lensmen. It's one of the greatest and most influential works of science fiction ever written (seriously, how many sci-fi stories can claim to have influenced military strategy during World War II?). And it is essentially the story of a war between Galactic Civilization and the Space Pirates. Complete with a Space Dragon (although he's a good guy in this one). It can be hard to find, since it was written in the early 1950s. But my gosh, it is awesome.

Galatic Patrol said:
"And by the way, we are belittling our opponents and building up a disastrous
overconfidence in ourselves by calling them pirates. They are not-they can't be.
Boskonia must be more than a race or a system-it is very probably a galaxy-wide
culture. It is an absolute despotism, holding its authority by means of a rigid system of
rewards and punishments. In our eyes it is fundamentally wrong, but it works-how it
works ! It is organized just as we are, and is apparently as strong in bases, vessels, and
personnel.
Tell me that does not match the Space Pirates and the Galactic Federation perfectly!

Also, it's apparently legally available free online. The joys of an older, important work.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/20782/20782.txt
Book One, for anyone interested.

http://worldtracker.org/media/library/English Literature/S/Smith, E.E. Doc/Lensman 03 - Galactic Patrol (b).txt
Book Three.

I'll edit in the others later, if I can remember to. There are plenty of paid EBook versions as well that I have to sort through.

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Not even a new stage or item. Let alone Ridley. I was kind of disappointed, but when else has sakurai ever revealed or showed anything on a day where they expected him to?
Well last time I checked ridley was listening to little dragon...

Morbi

Scavenger
Alright so before this general direct i hope ridley or krystal is confirmed.
Why not during the Direct, too mainstream?

Not even a new stage or item. Let alone Ridley. I was kind of disappointed, but when else has sakurai ever revealed or showed anything on a day where they expected him to?
King Dedede and Diddy Kong were blatantly obvious reveals.

Well last time I checked ridley was listening to little dragon...
Don't you mean, BIG dragon? :142:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Warning Received
Is it weird that I've had the song on George Costanza's answering machine stuck in my head for the past 3 hours?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I just want to point out how funny the tease logic is.

It's going on for Ridley, but also me as well. Normally, seeing any repping on a series is a good news. At least information, still a good new.

Here, NOT getting new information is good.

I don't know, but I love how it comes to the point of HOPING TO NOT get information while it actually what should be NOT hoped.

I like Sakurai, it's a distinct way to see reveals as being bad.

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Even if it was a joke, I didn't find it funny (yeah...SOMETIMES I don't have sense of humor.) especially with things like that.

Ha, and who says I'm actually mad? I do that for fun, it's not like I actually want to beat up @The Soulless One like this everytime he comes out with a Ridley ship that supposedly "annoys" me:

And yes you can do that....just let me have my ship and my fun.
alright, sorry about what i said, then.

here, let me give you a hug.

friends? :grin:

again, sorry if i upset you, andrea.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Well with the fact this is the main ridley forum on the internet if he's revealed this whole forum is going to explode like a nuke.'.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well with the fact this is the main ridley forum on the internet if he's revealed this whole forum is going to explode like a nuke.'.
it's very bad because server crash.

I just want to laugh sadistically at those who denied this tease.

And I may miss the best fun I'll had since a while now.

Could Smashboards upgrade their servers for the occasion?

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
it's very bad because server crash.

I just want to laugh sadistically at those who denied this tease.

And I may miss the best fun I'll had since a while now.

Could Smashboards upgrade their servers for the occasion?
Probally however we need to ask what veterans and other newcomers would come with ridley (think space) and that can only be star fox....

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Huh, at least it's a sorta cool PotD, even though it wasn't Metroid related as expected.

So much for seeing Ridley soon...

I'd hate it if they dragged it out until the 3DS release.
They may as well at the rate they're going, and the sad part is I wouldn't even be phased by it with how I'm used to waiting this long for such info now as is.

Even Samus and Ridley tire of the speculation though.

Well, I'm never opposed to hugs.

And if you honestly enjoy that view on the Space Pirates so much, I advise you to read E. E. "Doc" Smith's six book series: The Chronicles of the Lensmen. It's one of the greatest and most influential works of science fiction ever written (seriously, how many sci-fi stories can claim to have influenced military strategy during World War II?). And it is essentially the story of a war between Galactic Civilization and the Space Pirates. Complete with a Space Dragon (although he's a good guy in this one). It can be hard to find, since it was written in the early 1950s. But my gosh, it is awesome.

Tell me that does not match the Space Pirates and the Galactic Federation perfectly!

Also, it's apparently legally available free online. The joys of an older, important work.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/20782/20782.txt
Book One, for anyone interested.

http://worldtracker.org/media/library/English Literature/S/Smith, E.E. Doc/Lensman 03 - Galactic Patrol (b).txt
Book Three.

I'll edit in the others later, if I can remember to. There are plenty of paid EBook versions as well that I have to sort through.
Dayum.. This series may have inspired much of the lore for Metroid for all we know, Alien aside. gracias for showing me this. Far as getting started I'll certainly save reading it for a rainy day, in a manner of speaking.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ridley is much the same way. We're told he's the hyper intelligent leader of the Space Pirates, but we don't actually get to see it. Until Prime.

Meta Ridley is what Ridley always should have been. It doesn't matter how strong you are, how fast you are. When you're the leader of a spacefaring culture that is essentially at war with every species it meets, you have no excuse to go into battle barehanded. Ridley essentially took a knife to a gun fight when he went up against Samus. Now, admittedly, he was incredibly powerful, and he did put up a good fight. But he still got wasted because he was trying to fistfight someone who had a gun that can shoot through walls.

So what does he do? He says "I'm a giant dragon, I can carry some weight. I'm going to put some frelling armor on". Brilliant. He then adds cybernetics to make himself stronger, enhancers to his plasma breath. He outfits himself fully for war, using the incredible technology the Space Pirates have at their disposal. And it's AWESOME.

Sure, he still loses, but it just makes so much more sense. He powered through so much, his body's natural resilience and tail that can apparently cut through diamond letting him plow through most situations with personal strength, but when he was overcome, he sat down and changed. That's using that brilliant mind. That's how I always imagined Ridley acting.

So of all the Ridley incarnations, Meta Ridley is my favorite. And Metroid Prime is my favorite Metroid game, not just because it's the best first person game ever created, not just because it's the best translation of core gameplay experience across different mechanical systems ever seen, but because it breathed life into the world of Metroid in a way that no other game before it had.

I hope we get Meta Ridley as an alt costume. Ridley's coming to Smash for war. He'd better come prepared for it.
  1. He got those cybernetics after loosing a lot of body parts, not by his own choice. He wouldn't survive for too long or wouldn't be able to fight for a long time if he would be left like that. He doesn't shows much intelligence in this game. It isn't more than in any of the previous 2D games. You may count that he escapes that Frigate instead of fighting Samus, but it still is not too much. It is as much as it was in Super Metroid, where he (most likely) activates self-destruction sequence.
  2. Metroid Prime 3 and Other M show his intelligence better. In MP3, he attacks Samus while she is in morph ball mode and can't really fight back and then tries to fight her again, but this time while falling so Samus would not survive even if Ridley will lose. He would have succeded if Rundas wouldn't appear. Other M does it better IMO. In Other M, he lures scientists into his cage by...don't know how to call it...then escapes after killing them instead of just sitting in a cage while those guys take care of him. Then, he uses Samus to destroy Ki-Hunters' hive so he would be able to eat their honey and corpses left after the battle. Then, after becoming that lizard thing, he distracts Adam's squad while attacking Samus by himself by pinning her down to the ground while holding her arms so she wouldn't be able to do much. All he had to do was to just pierce her head with his tail. Just before he succeded in doing that, he was knocked down by Anthony. Then, he escapes instead of fighting by jumping into an invisible wall, breaking through it. Then, after he returns as Ridley, he destroys that bridge so Samus wouldn't be able to escape. After getting injured enough, he falls and after Samus turns around, attempts to attack her before attempting to escape by breaking through wall again. Then he dies after getting attacked by Queen Metroid.
  3. Even if we will get Meta Ridley, it will either be Metroid Prime 3 one or be redesigned to fit Roidley's proportions and everything.
I think we will either get Other M pirates (classic design and Other M is this game's theme for Metroid i guess) or no pirates. I would prefer seeing them as enemies that go on full Zerg Rush on players instead of a part of Final Smash.
I heard that Sakurai created Giga Bowser in Melee because he wasn't comfortable with normal Bowser's downscaled size. It's not original, but why not Giga Ridley?
Unlike Bowser, Ridley can't use magic. At least Giga Bowser would be possible in Mario franchise if he would not be so scary.
Well K Rool is my number one pick but us villain supporters gotta stick together!!

Let Ridley eviscerate Sammus as Rool decapitates DK
Yeah! Lets destroy the Hunter called Sammmmmmmus Aran! But only after we will get a little bit mmmmmmm Ridley.
Sadly, Captain Falcon's :4falcon: been called back into the fray, but as soon as he began the fight with Chrom, the Falcon Punch locked the door from the inside for poor Ridley, Mewtwo and the Chorus Men... :crying:
He only Falcon Punched Chrom into unplayability and that happened before Chrom even existed in the game. Not anyone else. Maybe except for Chorus Men. Ridley is already on the other side of the door with C.Falcon, but Sakurai doesn't wants to reveal his role. By that i don't mean that Ridley is playable. Instead, i mean that he is already in this game. His chances now are nearly as high as they were before April direct. Or even higher, i don't know. Also, Ridley loves to break through walls if there is no doors or if something is blocking that door.

For those who uses sitting Ridley sprite:

Use at least this one. He will not look that big if you will replace him with Roidley because of his proportions.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Probally however we need to ask what veterans and other newcomers would come with ridley (think space) and that can only be star fox....
It's actually the only stage that may be teasing, but then again, it should be more clear after research and apparently it's not enough.

Only stage info would tell unless the potd was a riddle or something.

I'm pointing this here since if it's the case, it indirectly helps Ridley and me too.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Huh, at least it's a sorta cool PotD, even though it wasn't Metroid related as expected.
Agreed. Now we can imagine Ridley with buffed Smash-Attacks.

I'm enjoying Support based Pokémon though. It's a huge part of the Pokémon universe that I'm glad to see get in.

They may as well at the rate they're going, and the sad part is I wouldn't even be phased by it with how I'm used to waiting this long for such info now as is.

Even Samus and Ridley tire of the speculation though.

Hyrule Warriors got a Direct one week before release. I think we can expect at least that for Smash Bros.

Dayum.. This series may have inspired much of the lore for Metroid for all we know, Alien aside. gracias for showing me this. Far as getting started I'll certainly save reading it for a rainy day, in a manner of speaking.
I honestly would not be surprised.

1. He got those cybernetics after loosing a lot of body parts, not by his own choice. He wouldn't survive for too long or wouldn't be able to fight for a long time if he would be left like that. He doesn't shows much intelligence in this game. It isn't more than in any of the previous 2D games. You may count that he escapes that Frigate instead of fighting Samus, but it still is not too much. It is as much as it was in Super Metroid, where he (most likely) activates self-destruction sequence.
Yes and no. He was rescued by the Space Pirates and upgraded at their directive (the logs also seem to imply his role is more head of security than overall chief). But he wasn't crippled, as the logs also mention Ridley still was acting aggressive during the process. It's a weird situation, as the log almost refers to him as a slave or pet, which goes against most of the rest of the story, and him flying free and clearly trying to take action on his own.
  1. Metroid Prime 3 and Other M show his intelligence better. In MP3, he attacks Samus while she is in morph ball mode and can't really fight back and then tries to fight her again, but this time while falling so Samus would not survive even if Ridley will lose. He would have succeded if Rundas wouldn't appear. Other M does it better IMO. In Other M, he lures scientists into his cage by...don't know how to call it...then escapes after killing them instead of just sitting in a cage while those guys take care of him. Then, he uses Samus to destroy Ki-Hunters' hive so he would be able to eat their honey and corpses left after the battle. Then, after becoming that lizard thing, he distracts Adam's squad while attacking Samus by himself by pinning her down to the ground while holding her arms so she wouldn't be able to do much. All he had to do was to just pierce her head with his tail. Just before he succeded in doing that, he was knocked down by Anthony. Then, he escapes instead of fighting by jumping into an invisible wall, breaking through it. Then, after he returns as Ridley, he destroys that bridge so Samus wouldn't be able to escape. After getting injured enough, he falls and after Samus turns around, attempts to attack her before attempting to escape by breaking through wall again. Then he dies after getting attacked by Queen Metroid.
Admitted. And this is why Little Birdley is another of my favorite Ridley forms, despite my overall dislike of Other M. But, in my opinion, Metroid Prime did it first.
  1. Even if we will get Meta Ridley, it will either be Metroid Prime 3 one or be redesigned to fit Roidley's proportions and everything.
As long as we get him.
I think we will either get Other M pirates (classic design and Other M is this game's theme for Metroid i guess) or no pirates. I would prefer seeing them as enemies that go on full Zerg Rush on players instead of a part of Final Smash.
Nah. Metroid Prime's Omega Pirate and Elite Pirates all the way!

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
It's actually the only stage that may be teasing, but then again, it should be more clear after research and apparently it's not enough.

Only stage info would tell unless the potd was a riddle or something.

I'm pointing this here since if it's the case, it indirectly helps Ridley and me too.
Wait sakurai said the star fox assualt map picture "I wonder what missions it will conduct" now the ridley stage is a space station room in other m could that be a mission for them ....and I just said something very smart

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Wait sakurai said the star fox assualt map picture "I wonder what missions it will conduct" now the ridley stage is a space station room in other m could that be a mission for them ....and I just said something very smart
Problem is, I can't even spot it if I would try because I'm sure you would need to have starfox knowledge which I lack.

It really seems to be selected targeting, but doesn't work. There's ambiguious statements, not clear who it reps, but no specific relation to a character.

I think it may surprise a lot of people if it was a tease.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Problem is, I can't even spot it if I would try because I'm sure you would need to have starfox knowledge which I lack.

It really seems to be selected targeting, but doesn't work. There's ambiguious statements, not clear who it reps, but no specific relation to a character.

I think it may surprise a lot of people if it was a tease.
At this point where likely gonna see only 2 more revealed newcomers 2 of the original 12 and falco and ganadorf...

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yes and no. He was rescued by the Space Pirates and upgraded at their directive (the logs also seem to imply his role is more head of security than overall chief). But he wasn't crippled, as the logs also mention Ridley still was acting aggressive during the process. It's a weird situation, as the log almost refers to him as a slave or pet, which goes against most of the rest of the story, and him flying free and clearly trying to take action on his own.
They had to replace few parts of Ridley (neck somehow, legs, thumbs, tail, wings, lower jaw with tongue still present) and you can act aggressively even if your legs are missing. They could just give him armor and cool things like rocket launchers on shoulders and wings, but instead they replaced. Not just added except for maybe his head gear thing and...um...chest...torso...you know what i am talking about, right?
EDIT: his jaw is actually just covered in metal...weird...why would he need that if it is fine?
Admitted. And this is why Little Birdley is another of my favorite Ridley forms, despite my overall dislike of Other M. But, in my opinion, Metroid Prime did it first.
Technically, Super Metroid did it first if it was Ridley who activated self-destruction of Ceres while Metroid Prime 1 didn't really showed that except for him escaping Frigate Orpheon and ambushing Samus (kinda) while keeping distance from her until his wings got deactivated. Ridley in Super Metroid had no chance of doing that because that game is 2D and that room was pretty small. Zero Mission shows that Ridley's intelligence too with his introduction cutscene, before he arrives to Zebes.
If as extra enemies, then f*** yeah, if instead of common Other M/classic space pirates, then no. Ridley, ZSS and Samus already have designs based off Other M designs, so, it would be weird to use those. And those d*mn ninjas are better than any of the normal space pirates from Prime series. Omega Pirate would be a great boss though.

Last edited:

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice

Porque no los dos?

Think of it! Prime Pirates and Zebesians! Both decimating the field! Slashes from the the Omegas and Elites! Laser fire for the lobster-y guys! IT WOULD BE GLORIOUS! GAHAHAHAAHAA! :demon:

But yeah it'd be neat. And if they would like... splice/remix together the Super Pirate theme, and the Prime Pirate them. It would be AMAZING. Probably won't happen. But still, AMAZING~!

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Porque no los dos?

Think of it! Prime Pirates and Zebesians! Both decimating the field! Slashes from the the Omegas and Elites! Laser fire for the lobster-y guys! IT WOULD BE GLORIOUS! GAHAHAHAAHAA! :demon:

But yeah it'd be neat. And if they would like... splice/remix together the Super Pirate theme, and the Prime Pirate them. It would be AMAZING. Probably won't happen. But still, AMAZING~!
You forgot about NINJAS. Never forget them. And there is also Cyber Zebesians. That would be amazing though. We have not enough NINJAS too, so, NINJA space pirates will be a good way to fix that. Or...we can have...phazon-enhanced elite zebesian omega NINJA pirates!

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
OK, after reading as much as I can (200 pages ago x.x), I decided to just skip all that and start here, mainly cause I was informed "something Ridley this way comes" on the 6 of August. Apparently nothing was Ridley, not even Metroid was in the PotD, so I didn't missed much. But just to stay on track I'm gonna stalk this place all this month, as being gone even for a day gets you so far behind.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
So we didn't get a Metroid-related picture for the anniversary, as I expected. Will Sakurai show us some more Ridley-related stuff (without showing him, of course) to taunt us before finally revealing him?

Still, August is the month where (almost) every Metroid game was released, so let's hope for a Ridley reveal in a Direct this month, maybe.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
I feel like I need to remind everyone what Nintendo did to "celebrate" Metroid's 25th anniversary: A PR email commemorating the ocation and M2:RoS releasing on the VC. Nothing else.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Wait... why has the OP shown up twice on the first page?

Is the OP in the middle of being modified or something?
IsmaR already said something about the OP being modified. Apparently it involves rending reality apart, which is bound to create bugs of course.

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS!?
Nothing is sacred. Everyone is edible. Ridley must feed.
Also it's fun.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I feel like I need to remind everyone what Nintendo did to "celebrate" Metroid's 25th anniversary: A PR email commemorating the ocation and M2:RoS releasing on the VC. Nothing else.
Yeah, that is exactly why I wasn't expecting a Metroid-related PotD and I am not expecting a Ridley reveal in August either (but I would love to be proven wrong :3).

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Comparatively, Ridley isn't even that big. the only things that makes him appear biger than most would be his massive tail and wingspan, which could be easily clipped to proportions for Smash!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm quite sure the lot of people who believe Ridley to be inherently too powerful to be accurately represented in a Smash game hardly even play the Metroid games, only casually played one or two games and moved on, or are basing Ridley's strength on, ironically, what he did in Brawl, a non-canon game.

Nothing about Ridley's combative ability in battles with Samus ever implied some kind of immense strength or ability that would be deemed too much if replicated too faithfully in Smash. Tail whips, flying about, spitting flames... typical Ridley affair. Now there is Ridley's resilience in how he typically has to be taken down with loads of missiles and plasma. But that's typically because he's *the* penultimate boss of Metroid games. Additionally that's generally done for game design reasons and non-canonical reasons. Such things really don't need to be so accurately reflected in a game like Smash. Or any non-canon game for that matter.

Honestly it comes down to loud speaking short-sighted individuals. And this is a common problem among the Smash base. People don't analyze their words, consider available proofs and evidence, actually exercising critical thinking. They see or recall things in their head, act based off that, and run amok with self-formed conclusions, announcing their personal, emotion-fueled discoveries like gospel.

It's been said enough times, but there are plenty of characters and abilities that are not accurately represented according to their canon sources. And that's how it really needs to be. It's sensible design. If somebody's logic isn't coming from a mind that can comprehend sensible design, they shouldn't be taken seriously.
In that case, Little Mac would SD himself a lot. Hang on, I mean he wouldn't do much but run and SD himself

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Comparatively, Ridley isn't even that big. the only things that makes him appear biger than most would be his massive tail and wingspan, which could be easily clipped to proportions for Smash!
Alternatively, they could use Ridley's Super Metroid/Zero Mission design, the one with small wings.

The tail still is a problem regardless of which design they use.

Top Bottom