• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Why would they reveal Ridley when Metroid was first released in Japan if he's populair in the west? Doesn't make sense.

When was the first metroid game released in Na/Europe? Maybe that date will reveal something.​
Sometime late August iirc, there are a lot of Metroid games that have come out at the very end of August, including Metroid 2, Prime 3 and the Prime Trilogy.

Oh yeah, happy birthday to our favorite franchise and space dragon!

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I have no worries about Ridley being revealed in a picture of the day as a hazard or boss. Seeing how Sakurai was quick to clarify that certain other characters weren't playable, he would have clarified Ridley isn't playable by now, if the villain wasn't. I do have a feeling that if Ridley isn't announced in August, Sakurai will at least reveal the Pyrosphere hazard (or boss, if there is one).
Nope, Ridley has to come first. If Sakurai revealed a boss on Pyrosphere that isn't Ridley, then that practically guarantees he's playable, sending a year's worth of meticulous teasing down the drain with no surprise payoff.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Candy Candy.PNG

Sometimes I have a good explanation for these things

But if you are aware of what "Trickster Mode" is, good on you

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
View attachment 20653

Sometimes I have a good explanation for these things

But if you are aware of what "Trickster Mode" is, good on you
This will have severe implications for poor Roidley's social life. What idiot left that lollipop lying about? Those things are dangerous!

Everyone should be fine with that. Facial hair is a general improvement on most things.
Welp. I suppose someone has to art Beardley now.

D

Deleted member

No, no, I'm sure (sorry for the late reply, I just woke up). I'm talking about when they're both standing upright.

This just goes to show you how much size doesn't matter in Smash Bros.View attachment 20646
View attachment 20645

Look at the full size (click on them) of the images or you won't be able to make anything out.
Greninja's still not standing upright. Neither is Lucario for that matter in that shot.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
Happy Metroid Day!!!! Happy Birtthday Ridley!!! May your wish come true.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Nope, Ridley has to come first. If Sakurai revealed a boss on Pyrosphere that isn't Ridley, then that practically guarantees he's playable, sending a year's worth of meticulous teasing down the drain with no surprise payoff.
At this point, a lot of us aren't going to be surprised when he is revealed playable anyway.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I think the General Direct will be around the 9th-12th area, since Corocoro is on the 13th. (If I messed up and it's the 16th, then just change it to 9th-16th.)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I think the General Direct will be around the 9th-12th area, since Corocoro is on the 13th. (If I messed up and it's the 16th, then just change it to 9th-16th.)
CoroCoro leaks way before the release date, though... so if whatever character they are planning to reveal in a Direct is also featured on the next CoroCoro issue, chances are that we will get to see the character before the Direct. That said, I think the Direct will be around the 20th or later.

Laniv

Smash Champion
"Update Pic of the Day: After a full meal, little one is taking a well deserved nap. Perhaps he is dreaming about one of the new friends he is going to make tomorrow."

But.. but what will happen if he eats Tingle?

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Corocoro will be released on August 12 which is upcoming monday. If Pyrosphere's hazzard will be confirmed, Ridley needs to be confirmed this week.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Corocoro will be released on August 12 which is upcoming monday. If Pyrosphere's hazzard will be confirmed, Ridley needs to be confirmed this week.
Did they say they were covering everything that's been revealed so far? If that's how Ridley gets confirmed/deconfirmed it would kinda suck.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
But.. but what will happen if he eats Tingle?
A lot of peoples will be happy. And the balance will be restored.

Just...WTF?! And did he wanted to say just Project M or he was talking about MUGEN? In latter's case, it is wrong.
http://4archive.org/v/thread/256343585
And that quote:
Speaking of MUGEN, I find it funny that good Ridleys doesn't exist even in MUGEN.

Goes to show that Ridley is so unviable for fighting games that not even god-tier MUGEN makers can come up with anything for him.
I made 2 Ridleys for that and there was SM Ridley made in ~2008.

Last edited:

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Did they say they were covering everything that's been revealed so far? If that's how Ridley gets confirmed/deconfirmed it would kinda suck.
Yup, that's what they said. And what I have to constantly tell everyone.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Yup, that's what they said. And what I have to constantly tell everyone.
Well if they're covering everything that's been revealed. Then they'll talk about Pyrosphere...And when talking about Pyrosphere they'd have to mention any hazards or anything like that. So I think a reveal could be very soon. Sakurai has to know about Corocoro and he has to know that it leaks early.

D

Deleted member

I think everyone is forgetting that CoroCoro only has the 3DS demo, which means only 3DS stages, no Pyrosphere on it /topic

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
He said that no fan made project could work Ridley in as a decent character, and he specifically calls out MUGEN and Project M.
Well, Project M would need to make a fully functional character that would, unlike Mewtwo and Roy, need to have a completly new moveset with Brawl hacking limits and Project M isn't for that kind of things while in MUGEN, i created 2 Ridleys already and both of them are good (well, 1st one has minor sprite issues because i didn't knew how to properly make sprites). And there was SM boss Ridley before i even got to creating characters for that game. The worst part about that was that Ridley isn't anthropomorphic or something like that...so, we have ROB, Kirby characters and few Pokemons that must be cut then, like Ridley.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It would be the 11-12, since Directs don't happen on week ends.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I feel like Sakurai, assuming there isn't a Direct before Corocoro, will throw out a livestream trailer like last time for Ridley very soon.

Let's face it, the Pyrosphere game is going to be over the second the Corocoro publishes their news, there's just no way around it anymore. Whether they say nothing and just tiptoe around the fact, show a boss/hazard that isn't Ridley, or worst case scenario confirm hazardley, the jig will, I repeat, will be up. So logically, Sakurai will want to beat them to the punch and give us the ultimate result himself.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well, Project M would need to make a fully functional character that would, unlike Mewtwo and Roy, need to have a completly new moveset with Brawl hacking limits and Project M isn't for that kind of things while in MUGEN, i created 2 Ridleys already and both of them are good (well, 1st one has minor sprite issues because i didn't knew how to properly make sprites). And there was SM boss Ridley before i even got to creating characters for that game.
Explain that to the idiot individual that you quoted.

Honestly, calling out MUGEN was stupid, as I think I could randomly pick a character from any game and find them in MUGEN at this point.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
EVERYTHING?
...Eeeeeverything?
Like, EVERYTHING everything?
Yup, we got 5 Days to live.

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Well if they're covering everything that's been revealed. Then they'll talk about Pyrosphere...And when talking about Pyrosphere they'd have to mention any hazards or anything like that. So I think a reveal could be very soon. Sakurai has to know about Corocoro and he has to know that it leaks early.
I'm quite sure your right sakurai likes to beat leakers to it.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I feel like Sakurai, assuming there isn't a Direct before Corocoro, will throw out a livestream trailer like last time for Ridley very soon.

Let's face it, the Pyrosphere game is going to be over the second the Corocoro publishes their news, there's just no way around it anymore. Whether they say nothing and just tiptoe around the fact, show a boss/hazard that isn't Ridley, or worst case scenario confirm hazardley, the jig will, I repeat, will be up. So logically, Sakurai will want to beat them to the punch and give us the ultimate result himself.
Well I had my Ridley countdown on already...If they do have both versions then we might have a set deadline now. They would HAVE to talk about Pyrosphere. Can't avoid it.

CoroCoro is probably about as confusing for people as Ridley's shadow. The amount of mis-translations and edits corocoro made means almost no one actually knows what they are covering. . .let's just hope they reveal ridley before anyway. I'm guessing with no evidence something (trailer or direct) gets announced friday with a monday showing

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Explain that to the idiot individual that you quoted.

Honestly, calling out MUGEN was stupid, as I think I could randomly pick a character from any game and find them in MUGEN at this point.
That wouldn't work since he is anonimous and that seems to be archive and not an active topic...and he actually said that, so, he is an idiot that won't listen...only Ridley Nuke will help. Please, Sakurai, make it go faster! I am tired of waiting for this thing to drop from the skies on Miiverse, GamesFAQ and Youtube.
There is still a lot of those who you can't find there...like Ike or that lizard-dragon-something guy from Soul Calibur.

CoroCoro has only 3DS version, so, no Pyrosphere. Like Zoroarking said. So, no info on Ridley will be revealed unless Sakurai wants it to happen and Ridley is already available in their version of the game. Don't expect anything about Pyrosphere from CoroCoro.

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Everyone think space....that can give a hint who might also be in ridley trailer (btw it has a anniversary on the 28th)

domokl

Smash Lord
the clock is ticking because of coro coro, its almost over guys. the tortuing of ridley teasing.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If they do cover the Wii U Version (curses mistranslations/edits) then 8/12 will be the day Crashboards 2.0 happens.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
These August days seem to be passing so slow it hurts, man.. Sakurai knows it and he's playing with us, as usual xDDD

D

Deleted member

A lot of peoples will be happy. And the balance will be restored.

Just...WTF?! And did he wanted to say just Project M or he was talking about MUGEN? In latter's case, it is wrong.
http://4archive.org/v/thread/256343585
And that quote:

I made 2 Ridleys for that and there was SM Ridley made in ~2008.
Project MUGEN is neither.
It's (from what I understand) a Brawl mod that adds an insane amount of characters by making them all clones/costumes of existing characters.

Top Bottom