• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I feel like CoroCoro will lead to a huge disappointment like all announcements, for me, so far.

So don't get your hopes up. Aye the turn down is real.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I feel like CoroCoro will lead to a huge disappointment like all announcements, for me, so far.

So don't get your hopes up. Aye the turn down is real.
I don't want him to be revealed in coro coro, but if they avoid the pyrosphere, then his fate is sealed.

D

Deleted member

That raises an interesting point; if CoroCoro is covering stages as well as characters (I don't remember), then we'll get more information on Pyrosphere.
And unless CoroCoro is not giving information that we don't know about already when it comes to revealed stages, we could learn whether Ridley is in fact a boss on it or not.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Project MUGEN is neither.
It's (from what I understand) a Brawl mod that adds an insane amount of characters by making them all clones/costumes of existing characters.
Never heard of it. All i can find when searching for it in Google is Super Smash Bros MUGEN, Project M and Brawl Minus. Looks like it is at least below average if i can't find it and if there is so many clones and alt costumes.

D

Deleted member

CoroCoro is talking about all information that we currently know. If they avoid talking about the pyrosphere, then it's obvious that they're hiding something.
Fat chance of that happening.

If CoroCoro only does information about stages that we already know, then they'll say all the information about Pyrosphere that we know about the stage and not mention anything about Ridley other than relaying that Ridley is rumored to be on it.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Fat chance of that happening.

If CoroCoro only does information about stages that we already know, then they'll say all the information about Pyrosphere that we know about the stage and not mention anything about Ridley other than relaying that Ridley is rumored to be on it.
Well adele was right about ridley...(basically she has a song called rumor has it)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I feel like corocoro is only going to to say stuff already known about all of the stages.

And even if they say ridley is a hazard it does not mean he will not be playable.

(Because i have to remind everyone over and over again about toon link.)

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I feel like corocoro is only going to to say stuff already known about all of the stages.

And even if they say ridley is a hazard it does not mean he will not be playable.

This whole mess is confusing.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

But Toon Link isn't exactly a hazard that interacts with the fighters.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine

If your saying replace the boss on pyrosphere with like yakuza hell no

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Never heard of it. All i can find when searching for it in Google is Super Smash Bros MUGEN, Project M and Brawl Minus. Looks like it is at least below average if i can't find it and if there is so many clones and alt costumes.
MUGEN is barely even a "game" in the traditional sense. I'm pretty sure it's been around before Brawl, because I saw it before then. But essentially, MUGEN is just a fighting game framework.

At least for the MUGEN I remember (which was sprite-based), it was a vast fighting game engine that allowed free porting of characters and models. Creating characters was relatively easy, and, while it had a handful of premade characters, it was mostly designed to be used with fan-made ones.

This incredibly open design meant that there were thousands of characters (never all collected in a centralized location that I can recall), and the great majority of them were massively unbalanced, as any fan could create a character with any stats they wanted. The few people foolish enough to actually attempt serious play had rules for vetting characters and making sure everyone agreed to the roster first.

If you name a character, someone has made a MUGEN moveset for it. I've seen shadow Heartless from Kingdom Hearts, for example. I've seen dozens of models of most major characters (who all play very differently, and with wildly varying power levels). I've seen tons of random enemies (ones without even abilities that can be copied) from Kirby as playable characters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.U.G.E.N
Wikipedia article on M.U.G.E.N. Apparently been around since the DOS days. So, yeah, not a Brawl mod.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I swear Sakurai, if you don't reveal Ridley as a character I will shoot myself in the head. To further illustrate this, I will show a gif on how I'm going to shoot myself. It's very very gruesome and totally not tongue in the cheek and Scott Pilgrim.
You have been warned.

eeeeheeheheeh

Yep. Fair point. I don't really see both happening, but it would be fairly Sakurai.

If your saying replace the boss on pyrosphere with like yakuza hell no
Hahaha Yakuza is from Fusion, you silly bugger! Nah, it would be replaced with...I don't know, I have to say the enemy design in Other M is very weird occasionally.

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
Look up any CoroCoro source. They all specifically mention covering ONLY the 3DS versioin. As in stages.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
But Toon Link isn't exactly a hazard that interacts with the fighters.
Thats not the point

The point is everyone thought toon link was dead because he was shown as a stage element for spirit train tracks but then shown as playable

Ridley can get the same case.

(Check post 2 for higher def on this.)

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
I swear Sakurai, if you don't reveal Ridley as a character I will shoot myself in the head. To further illustrate this, I will show a gif on how I'm going to shoot myself. It's very very gruesome and totally not tongue in the cheek and Scott Pilgrim.
You have been warned.

eeeeheeheheeh

Yep. Fair point. I don't really see both happening, but it would be fairly Sakurai.

Hahaha Yakuza is from Fusion, you silly bugger! Nah, it would be replaced with...I don't know, I have to say the enemy design in Other M is very weird occasionally.
I know I sorta was joking but yakuza does scare me (I've played prime 1...)

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Thats not the point

The point is everyone thought toon link was dead because he was shown as a stage element for spirit train tracks but then shown as playable

Ridley can get the same case.

(Check post 2 for higher def on this.)
He hardly counts as a stage element. A little thing in the background for show is a lot different from something like the Yellow Devil.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If Ridley is playable, who do you think the best Doubles Partner for him would be?
inb4everyonesaysLittleMac

D

Deleted member

Look up any CoroCoro source. They all specifically mention covering ONLY the 3DS versioin. As in stages.
I see you only have one message, so, don't drink the water(how can someone lurk for so much time?)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Huh, that's a bit dissapointing, but I guess it makes sense with it coming out first. Oh well.

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
I see you only have one message, so, don't drink the water(how can someone lurk for so much time?)
I actually just tried to create an account and was told my username already existed. I don't remember creating it, but my password worked, so whatever. But enough about me, tell me about this Ridley fella lol

Top Bottom