• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
If I get on tommrow and the internet is exploding and I'm listening to skyfall I'll know ridley was confirmed....

D

Deleted member

Speaking of resizing, why do people always shrug off Ganondorf and the Pokemon when it comes to resizing Ridley debates? Greninja is shorter than Lucario in Smash, but Greninja is a foot taller in Pokemon (via the Pokedex). The Ganondorf proof is right up there.
Are you sure? Or are you just basing it off of Greninja's low fighting stance?
Bear in mind Wolf is taller than both Fox and Falco, but you wouldn't know it if all three stood idle next to each other due to Wolf's stance.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Anything interesting pop up lately, haven't been on here for a while.

Ridley for smash!! go team big.

D

Deleted member

ha ha....for your information, I created that ship WAY BEFORE Soulless started. :glare:
Oh gee I love you too Andrea...
:crying:

Anyways:

Ridsalina is the only ship I'll ever truly call the "official" ship.

Also, while I doubt completely we'll get anything at all that could be worrisome tomorrow, I'm still worried a little bit in the back of my mind. My worrying side has certainly woken up a little bit atm.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
\Also, while I doubt completely we'll get anything at all that could be worrisome tomorrow, I'm still worried a little bit in the back of my mind. My worrying side has certainly woken up a little bit atm.
Pardon me if I'm uninformed, but is there a reason we could possibly get something significant tomorrow, specifically?

Ragna22

Smash Ace
If Ridley makes it into Smash Bros as a playable character, I'm certain the internet will explode. And I'll probably have to stay off it for a while because of the flame wars...

Regardless, seeing all these theories about Ridley during the Direct, it's leading me to support Ridley. And given that Ridley is such an important character in the Metroid series, (Given that Dark Samus is an Assist Trophy, and that apart from Adam Malkovitch or Anthony Higgs, there really aren't that many characters that are all that pivotal to Other M) so I guess for now, I'm sorta 50/50 with Ridley in Smash Bros. But I'm glad that you're all so supportive for him in Smash Bros. :bee:
Oh I'd be the complete opposite, I'd stay on the internet and Miiverse and watch the flames from a safe distance while I enjoy a bottle of Pepsi.

D

Deleted member

Pardon me if I'm uninformed, but is there a reason we could possibly get something significant tomorrow, specifically?
Metroid's 28th is today (now that it's past midnight where I am).

Although Sakurai has ignored some anniversaries (for example, Mother's), he's acknowledged a few others, for example, the Robin/Captain Falcon reveal was around anniversaries for FE and F-Zero.

Again I doubt we will get anything even Metroid related today but I still worry a little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I have just made my first expect roster and of course, Ridley's there locked with [almost confirmed].

I loved how the explanation was the easiest: my essay in the second post just a link, mention why I changed verdict and the trophy theory. done.

Maybe some indirect evidences will still manage to be there, but it doesn't matter. He really has too much now.

I actually realized that I never hyped myself for seeing my second most wanted.

So, let met do it now:

:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:
AHHHH!!!!!!

You gotta love this smiley for just being excited!

EDIT:

About dates, expect anything because I got a starfox stage reveal on TTYD anniversary while I actually got a Paper Mario stage a week after the said date. Basically, he may acknowledge any date, but not really how you would expect. Or don't even care which seems to be likely lol.

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
What I find suspicious is that Corocoro will give info on Smash 3DS on the 12th. One day before GamesCon which according to tradition, the first day (13th) of the event will only be open to business companies and news media. It just seems perfectly spaced out.

If he is revealed as a stage hazard or boss... then I guess we lost the battle. But the war will forever last until we win. There is always 5MA5H.
...."5MA5H"?

yeah... super smash bros 55 is probably when we'll finally see ridley playable... too bad we'll all be dead by then.

seriously, now... people call this one "sm4sh"... so i think the next one would just be "sma5h"

the next one could be.... super smash 6ros.

then super smash bro7hers... then super smash 8ros.

ok, im done. :awesome:

i saw a suggestion that the palette swap images should be placed on the first or second post, since people keep asking about them... anyone plan on doing that?

i've seen atleast two different palette swap collections that look pretty cool on here, someone should put both of them on those posts.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
what if i told you guys... Ridley......

was a potato.

let that sink in.....

there there you can grease me

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Oh gee I love you too Andrea...
:crying:

Anyways:

Ridsalina is the only ship I'll ever truly call the "official" ship.
Aw....don't cry Soulless! =u= being called an hypocrite really got into my nerves....come on! give the Assassin a hug!
Ezio_Chibi_by_sassyjassy.png

It won't hurt...too much!

xD And glad that you think that way about the ship I created...also...I checked the shipping thread...and I will never check it again in my life...

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Say, I'm curious about something...
Has somebody ever made a Slam Jam version of Ridley's theme? I feel like it could have hilarious results but I simply can't find it anywhere

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
i saw a suggestion that the palette swap images should be placed on the first or second post, since people keep asking about them... anyone plan on doing that?

i've seen atleast two different palette swap collections that look pretty cool on here, someone should put both of them on those posts.
I could do that, though it's a little daunting searching back in the 1400+ pages for a few specific posts.

If anyone can PM me them, I'd gladly include them (so long as I knew who to give credit to, of course)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Metroid's 28th is today (now that it's past midnight where I am).

Although Sakurai has ignored some anniversaries (for example, Mother's), he's acknowledged a few others, for example, the Robin/Captain Falcon reveal was around anniversaries for FE and F-Zero.

Again I doubt we will get anything even Metroid related today but I still worry a little bit.
Well, I suppose that if Ridley is a boss, they might as well show him on that date. But since I don't think he is a boss, I'm not too worried. If anything, Ridley surviving past that day will just boost his chances further.

Predicting an Anthony Higgs trophy now.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
My first Metroid game was Super Metroid. Then came Fusion. Then Prime. So understand that it is not out of nostalgia for my first Ridley or my first Metroid game that I say this:

Metroid Prime's Meta-Ridley was the best Ridley in the series. In fact, the Space Pirates on the whole were far better in Prime than they were any other game in the series.

Prime was the game that made the Space Pirates behave the way they were always supposed to. Not just mere mindless Koopa Troopas with lobster-claw guns, but thinking, planning entities.

A lot of people will say "oh, that's just because of the Pirate Logs, and there's no way to get those on the Super Nintendo". But that's not true. I'm willing to accept the manual as the only way to work that sort of story element into the minimalistic media of a SNES cartridge. I have been gaming on PCs for almost as far as my memory stretches, I'm well used to games that use manuals as their primary method of storytelling. But it goes beyond that.

Look at the Space Pirates in Super Metroid. What can you tell me about them. They're lobster guys, and they like to wander caves and shoot at Samus. Fantastic.

Now look at the Space Pirates in Metroid Prime. What can you tell me about these guys? Well, we find them in laboratories, power stations, scouting outposts, starships. They're clearly more organized and more intelligent, even without the cutscenes fleshing them out.

We know they could have built levels like that in Super Metroid. Ceres station is clearly a giant research lab, so they can make that sort of environment. So why are so many Space Pirates just wandering random caves and empty hallways? These are the guys who are going to destroy the Galactic Federation? Yeah, right.

Ridley is much the same way. We're told he's the hyper intelligent leader of the Space Pirates, but we don't actually get to see it. Until Prime.

Meta Ridley is what Ridley always should have been. It doesn't matter how strong you are, how fast you are. When you're the leader of a spacefaring culture that is essentially at war with every species it meets, you have no excuse to go into battle barehanded. Ridley essentially took a knife to a gun fight when he went up against Samus. Now, admittedly, he was incredibly powerful, and he did put up a good fight. But he still got wasted because he was trying to fistfight someone who had a gun that can shoot through walls.

So what does he do? He says "I'm a giant dragon, I can carry some weight. I'm going to put some frelling armor on". Brilliant. He then adds cybernetics to make himself stronger, enhancers to his plasma breath. He outfits himself fully for war, using the incredible technology the Space Pirates have at their disposal. And it's AWESOME.

Sure, he still loses, but it just makes so much more sense. He powered through so much, his body's natural resilience and tail that can apparently cut through diamond letting him plow through most situations with personal strength, but when he was overcome, he sat down and changed. That's using that brilliant mind. That's how I always imagined Ridley acting.

So of all the Ridley incarnations, Meta Ridley is my favorite. And Metroid Prime is my favorite Metroid game, not just because it's the best first person game ever created, not just because it's the best translation of core gameplay experience across different mechanical systems ever seen, but because it breathed life into the world of Metroid in a way that no other game before it had.

I hope we get Meta Ridley as an alt costume. Ridley's coming to Smash for war. He'd better come prepared for it.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
what if i told you guys... Ridley......

was a potato.

let that sink in.....

there there you can grease me

Has somebody ever made a Slam Jam version of Ridley's theme? I feel like it could have hilarious results but I simply can't find it anywhere
This needs to be done now.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
I predict they will be like the Treasure Hunts from Uprising.
I really hope your prediction is wrong. No offence to you. I'd prefer the Kirby Air Ride-style checklist.

You all ready for Ridley guys?
He's going to be one awesome boss picture tonight.
:troll:

I FOUND IT. I FOUND IT.

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Lets just hope ridley,krystal and falco are confirmed tommrow (wolf will likely be hidden..)

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
What do you call a Ridley Supporter at a Circus?

COTTON CANDY!

Get it? Get it?

Cotton Candy is pink, and so is Ridleys skin

and candy cause... you are all delicious

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Has no one ever done a mash-up of Ridley's theme and the Mission Impossible theme? I can't be the only one to spot the similarities.

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Jabba, go home. You're drunk.

Let's get back on topic. I hope the pic of the day tomorrow(today) contains an announcement of a Smash Direct or a live trailer.
If it is expect ridley and krystal (or the final 2 newcomers they'll be showing off) oh bottom of the barrel....

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
If it is expect ridley and krystal (or the final 2 newcomers they'll be showing off) oh bottom of the barrel....
Oh boy. Can't want for another "LANDAMASTU." I expect a Star Fox trailer. I just hope Krystal isn't a newcomer. Unless her moveset is done well. Ridley is good, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh boy. Can't want for another "LANDMASTU." I expect a Star Fox trailer. I just hope Krystal isn't a newcomer. Unless her moveset is done well. Ridley is good, though.
I doubt she would have the landmaster as her final smash.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Even though I couldn't care less about Final Smashes, I'm very curious about what Ridley's will be.
I heard that Sakurai created Giga Bowser in Melee because he wasn't comfortable with normal Bowser's downscaled size. It's not original, but why not Giga Ridley?

firebrand38

Smash Rookie
NNID
DASNoivern
I think it's about time I created an account and show my support for Ridley. I've lurked this thread for a while now, way back to like the 700's. I absolutely want Ridley playable in this game and even if he isn't I'll still support him for Smash 5 and beyond.

D

Deleted member

Really? You REALLY doubt that? She has a better reason to have a landmaster than Wolf does. Either way. That post was mostly a joke.
Okay, fair enough. I just think that the developers would try something more unique this time around.

Top Bottom