• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

It doesn't matter if he was joking or not, the damage was done, it's like if someone started WWIII and then said "it was only a joke guys, calm down!"

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if Shokio will do a "I was wrong" video if Ridley should be playable, or if he will go into denial. And whether or not the toobigots will try to lynch him or not, blaming him for the mess.
We all know which one will happen.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Found this over on Dorkly, not sure if it's been posted yet. :laugh:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
wait, the two people who are against ridley the most, decided to join the ridley topic?

oh, lovely... i wonder what is going to happen, now.

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
wait, the two people who are against ridley the most, decided to join the ridley topic?

oh, lovely... i wonder what is going to happen, now.
They just pretend to be haters to gain hits on Youtube. If it wasnt for the comment-section-IQ people eating their words it wouldnt be so bad.

Last edited:

avgjoe

Smash Cadet
i was thinking back to the good ol’ days when I first got melee from a friend. I remember the awesome feeling of playing through it and unlocking the content with my friends. being so pumped and blown away when you unlock a character you had no idea was going to be in the game. I always looked back at this with a feeling of envy, wishing I could experience a smash game like that again but knowing that with the way news travels through the internet these days, it’s nearly impossible to play the game without knowing a lot of the secret content (atleast with my level of self-restraint). But now I’m thinking speculating and getting these little morsels of the game from Sakurai to feed the hype is a pretty sweet experience in itself.

What do you think? Do you guys miss that feeling of not knowing what’s coming when you start playing the game? Or do you like this crazy hype train Sakurai puts us on?

Oh, and Ridley rulz!

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
i was thinking back to the good ol’ days when I first got melee from a friend. I remember the awesome feeling of playing through it and unlocking the content with my friends. being so pumped and blown away when you unlock a character you had no idea was going to be in the game. I always looked back at this with a feeling of envy, wishing I could experience a smash game like that again but knowing that with the way news travels through the internet these days, it’s nearly impossible to play the game without knowing a lot of the secret content (atleast with my level of self-restraint). But now I’m thinking speculating and getting these little morsels of the game from Sakurai to feed the hype is a pretty sweet experience in itself.

What do you think? Do you guys miss that feeling of not knowing what’s coming when you start playing the game? Or do you like this crazy hype train Sakurai puts us on?

Oh, and Ridley rulz!
Well, we inevitably spoil ourselves nowadays, but yes. I remember seeing "Challenger Approaching" in Melee and seeing Mewtwo float towards me. The amount of awe/excitement in me at that very moment was unparalleled.

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman

Oh, and Ridley rulz!
I knew about every character in Melee long before I got the game, but I didnt mind it because the characters weren't easy to unlock, the same with the stages. With Brawl everything was so easy to unlock that Id probably had enjoyed it more if I had not known what characters were in.
I usually spoil myself with most multiplayer centric games like this, or Mario Kart.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Eh, Shokio's appearance isn't noteworthy guys, he has admitted that he doesn't really care whether Ridley is in or not, he just made the video to get a reaction out of the most protective Smash fanbase there is.
Then again, his videos kinda sorta were a huge influence to the opposing side, so...

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Then again, his videos kinda sorta were a huge influence to the opposing side, so...
I think that the very first post in this thread pretty much shows that the perfect size for Ridley is what we saw in Melee's opening. Other than his size and dark/serious disposition. There isn't much evidence against Ridley.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

avgjoe

Smash Cadet
have you guys heard anything about this leak going down on smash boards? the guy running ssb4dojo had it up for a bit then somebody asked him to take it down. he refuses to comment on it. apparently it was like three simultaneous leaks that occurred (all from different people) that all line up. pretty crazy.

NatP

Smash Ace
have you guys heard anything about this leak going down on smash boards? the guy running ssb4dojo had it up for a bit then somebody asked him to take it down. he refuses to comment on it. apparently it was like three simultaneous leaks that occurred (all from different people) that all line up. pretty crazy.
Really now? What did they consist of?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
no it's him. I saw some of his posts a long time ago.

That's actually those that said that the video was a troll.
Doesn't surprise me, he is probably really hyped for Smash.

I wonder if his videos would actually be good if he made it obvious he was joking?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
There's one thing I would really like to see regarding a playable Ridley...

Custom mods that make him look like a Xenomorph!

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
Hello,

I just wanted to throw me support in for Ridley in smash. I don't think I would play him often, but there is a certain nostalgia factor in seeing him included. I remember playing smash64 when it first came out and seeing ridley in the opening cinematic and being crazy disappointed when none of the 4 hidden character slots ended up being him. It would be nice to finally see him as a PC in smash :).

edit: yes, i forgot the ridley trailer was melee not 64, still tried to unlock him in 64 though for some ungodly reason.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Doesn't surprise me, he is probably really hyped for Smash.

I wonder if his videos would actually be good if he made it obvious he was joking?
Sure.

The biggest problem I have with the video is that the way it's done is more dangerous than obviously a friendly joke. The video wouldn't be taken THAT serious, but the fact that I had to talk about it in my essay to tell how it was taken too seriously is something that proves that.

Basically, this shouldn't even happen.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Really now? What did they consist of?
I can't remember the exact details, but I remember the one had Ridley mentioned, with Ice Climbers cut and Bowser Jr. getting 7 alts (these alts each being a Koopa kid).

Basically leaks not to take notice of. Pinch of salt, etc.

NatP

Smash Ace
So basically. two leaks leaching off one leak.

Or just 3 people that decided to make up a leak together and post it at different times.

Still, I gotta ask: Did this leak involve Ridley as a playable boss or something?

EDIT: OH THAT LEAK! Yeah, it was monumentally stupid. There's no way ICs are ever getting cut.

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
This is what they had to say about it:
Alright, I can’t post the leak but here is the general thing going on at Smashboards. It is a combination of 3 leaks that all fit together and don’t contradict themselves. Moderators have verified the sources as much as they can and they are believed to be as true as a leak can be. The reason smashboards wants it to stay hidden is because they don’t want other people to see the make up and just start using it as a new base for all other rumors and everything becomes clogged again. By keeping it hidden for as long as possible, it then allows for less fake leaks to fall within what these 5 leaks collectively are saying. Obviously, these could all be fakes but several leaks with questionable characters were sent in before Smashboards posted the first leak of the questionable characters so the other person that submitted had nothing to go off of but his source.
I can respect that. One of the characters is the one we want. That's all Im saying, if you want to find out the others, well.... Google and some search settings will help.

RudySpino

Smash Rookie
Hello,

I just wanted to throw me support in for Ridley in smash. I don't think I would play him often, but there is a certain nostalgia factor in seeing him included. I remember playing smash64 when it first came out and seeing ridley in the opening cinematic and being crazy disappointed when none of the 4 hidden character slots ended up being him. It would be nice to finally see him as a PC in smash :).
Ridley in the opening of Smash 64!? Where!?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Was Ridley in it? According to ssb4dojo " Moderators have verified the sources as much as they can and they are believed to be as true as a leak can be.", then again "true as a leak can be" was the majority opinion on the Gematsu leak... and we all know how that turned out. Although I can get behind a leak with a legitimate source for once.
EDIT: Never mind, Ice Climbers getting cut pretty much deconfirms it with the Polar Bear being in Smash Run.

Last edited:
Top Bottom