• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

NatP

Smash Ace
I'm still incredibly intrigued, does anyone have any keywords or links so I can find it?
From memory alone: Wolf, Lucas, Snake and ICs cut. Newcomers: Shulk, Chorus kids, Dixie, Ridley, Bowser Jr in his clown ship (the 7 koopalings are alts), Duck Hunt dog and I think that's it? I think I'm missing someone.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
From memory alone: Wolf, Lucas, Snake and ICs cut. Newcomers: Shulk, Chorus kids, Dixie, Ridley, Bowser Jr in his clown ship (the 7 koopalings are alts), Duck Hunt dog and I think that's it? I think I'm missing someone.
Ridley, Shulk, Chorus, Dixie are all seperate. Speculation. Not a part of the actual info that gives the leak credibility

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
A world without Ice Climbers is a world not worth living in

No one tell IsmaR whats going on or we are getting another round of anger (we're sorry!) Ridley is in the leak and the master of this thread is part of the leak but IsmaR is (almost) always watching. . .
thread related did Oasis give up on Ridley or does he just never post?

EDIT Shokio seems to have left without incident. Well done everyone (on both sides).

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
No one tell IsmaR whats going on or we are getting another round of anger (we're sorry!) Ridley is in the leak and the master of this thread is part of the leak but IsmaR is (almost) always watching. . .
thread related did Oasis give up on Ridley or does he just never post?
He gave up.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Ridley, Shulk, Chorus, Dixie are all seperate. Speculation. Not a part of the actual info that gives the leak credibility
you're mixing your messages quite a bit...

you seem convinced ridley is playable... but then say he is speculation and doesnt give the leak any credibility?

...yet chorus kids and bowser jr in the clown car DO, apparently?

leaks are stupid... especially that one.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Nah I compiled it, but knew about the evidence before others.

Even I'm not 100% sold on it. Though I'd love it to be the final roster
The thing is, people talk about their position on this new 'leak', but it's not really one thing. I really have no idea what you mean when you say you're sure that it would be the final roster, because the leak came from like 5 different places, most of which without anything to back them up. The one thing that did have a small bit of an intriguing hook (the skins) didn't even leak any characters, right?

I'm having trouble seeing any truth to it, why is it convincing to you? And since only one source named Ridley, would you count him in (with the leak)?

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

you seem convinced ridley is playable... but then say he is speculation and doesnt give the leak any credibility?

I'm a fan of Ridley. And wish to see him playable.

I am convinced he is playable given the evidence.

My leak has nothing to do with Ridley (its not even my leak it's shun's more)

In the leak, we pieced together bits of evidence including Ridley's to create the potential final roster.

What makes the leak itself credible isn't the characters, it's the evidence associated with it that proves it's legitimacy

Morbi

Scavenger
He gave up.
If only he were able to remain Strong.

But... bu... it has Ridley on it. :troll:

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
I'm a fan of Ridley. And wish to see him playable.

I am convinced he is playable given the evidence.

My leak has nothing to do with Ridley (its not even my leak it's shun's more)

In the leak, we pieced together bits of evidence including Ridley's to create the potential final roster.

What makes the leak itself credible isn't the characters, it's the evidence associated with it that proves it's legitimacy
Sooo... its a prediction list?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
The thing is, people talk about their position on this new 'leak', but it's not really one thing. I really have no idea what you mean when you say you're sure that it would be the final roster, because the leak came from like 5 different places, most of which without anything to back them up. The one thing that did have a small bit of an intriguing hook (the skins) didn't even leak any characters, right?

I'm having trouble seeing any truth to it, why is it convincing to you? And since only one source named Ridley, would you count him in (with the leak)?
I think you're a little mixed up.

I'm not SURE that's the roster, I made that up by compiling leaks. It's not for sure the final roster.

The leak that has credibility (the costumes being posted before E3) includes Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr, Dark Pit, and Dr Mario.

The rest of the characters we put in there were from other leaks that weren't disconfirmed yet (this is how Brawl's roster was found out, by compiling leaks) this was speculation, and it is noted on the leak's thread

The only character I'm sure of being in the roster is Ridley. But i have good reason to believe DHD and co could be as well, though I'm not 100%

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

I'm not SURE that's the roster, I made that up by compiling leaks. It's not for sure the final roster.

The leak that has credibility (the costumes being posted before E3) includes Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr, Dark Pit, and Dr Mario.

The rest of the characters we put in there were from other leaks that weren't disconfirmed yet (this is how Brawl's roster was found out, by compiling leaks) this was speculation, and it is noted on the leak's thread

The only character I'm sure of being in the roster is Ridley. But i have good reason to believe DHD and co could be as well, though I'm not 100%
So basically people are hyping up that leak thread for no reason then lol.

I wish I had your conviction on Ridley. I blame the years of mental scars from pre brawl.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader

Ridley is all we need. :yeahboi:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
So basically people are hyping up that leak thread for no reason then lol.

I wish I had your conviction on Ridley. I blame the years of mental scars from pre brawl.
No no no no no lol.

That @avgjoe brought it up here, and I came to clarify Ridley was not included in the leak, and that he was there because of other reasons.
Ridley is all we need. :yeahboi:
Amen

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
That's too absurd to be real. Please, stop treating it as if it's legit.

If that's somehow real, then...not even Ridley can stop my anger from seeing the Ice Climbers get disconfirmed. But that is something which will never ever happen.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
As one who has no mental scars, I can indeed confirm that Ridley is in the game.
As a drain bramaged person, I will have to take you sane people's word for it.

No no no no no lol.

That @avgjoe brought it up here, and I came to clarify Ridley was not included in the leak, and that he was there because of other reasons.

Amen
I meant people are hyping it up for no reason in it's thread lol. As in it is getting a disproportionate amount of views/responses to how much proof it has. When it comes down to it, it's a leak with an interesting source, and a bunch of not conflicting ones with no source. Sorry, this is getting too off topic haha. If I'm still getting something wrong lets pm instead of spamming the thread.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
As a drain bramaged person, I will have to take you sane people's word for it.

I meant people are hyping it up for no reason in it's thread lol. As in it is getting a disproportionate amount of views/responses to how much proof it has. When it comes down to it, it's a leak with an interesting source, and a bunch of not conflicting ones with no source. Sorry, this is getting too off topic haha. If I'm still getting something wrong lets pm instead of spamming the thread.
Haha I get it.

What makes this one different though is how the source knew the alternate colors before they were shown.

Back on topic.

Ridley amirite?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
hey @ RelaxAlax RelaxAlax , do you happen to read the week in review posts that go up every week summarizing all the info revealed and whatnot? If you don't, I recommend you read the one that's going to go up for this week, there's going to be a Ridley analysis on it.

NatP

Smash Ace
What makes this one different though is how the source knew the alternate colors before they were shown.
Have you considered that maybe it's possible they simply had access to the demo just before it was publicly available? Like, they managed to play it earlier than they should have and then they just made a quick recolor and uploaded the pictures to imgur or whatever?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Have you considered that maybe it's possible they simply had access to the demo just before it was publicly available? Like, they managed to play it earlier than they should have and then they just made a quick recolor and uploaded the pictures to imgur or whatever?
Then they probably would have leaked something other than what they did.

Just go to the thread, a lot of questions are answered, also this is the Ridley thread so lets bring it back

Morbi

Scavenger
That's too absurd to be real. Please, stop treating it as if it's legit.

If that's somehow real, then...not even Ridley can stop my anger from seeing the Ice Climbers get disconfirmed. But that is something which will never ever happen.
A lot of Ridley detractors say that Ridley will never happen. It does not make the notion true, however.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
A lot of Ridley detractors say that Ridley will never happen. It does not make the notion true, however.
The Ice Climbers just can't get cut. I cannot believe that the Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser Jr. can get in over them, a long-standing veteran duo that's beloved in the Smash community.

It's impossible for me to wrap my mind around the notion that they're not playable.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman

Edit: Someone should replace the Velociraptor head with Ridley's.
SEIZURE PROCEDURE!

that should be ridley's final smash. :D

or maybe his entrance animation?

it'll be a rave every time a battle starts with ridley in it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
The Ice Climbers just can't get cut. I cannot believe that the Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser Jr. can get in over them, a long-standing veteran duo that's beloved in the Smash community.

It's impossible for me to wrap my mind around the notion that they're not playable.
Don't worry Lizardon, I'm sure they'll make it in

And then I can 5 stock them as Ridley.

In a 3 stock game.

Ridley's that OP people.

Don't worry Lizardon, I'm sure they'll make it in

And then I can 5 stock them as Ridley.

In a 3 stock game.

Ridley's that OP people.
Even more mod!
everyone get back to Ridley quick!

I mean uhhhh movesets and stages. . .and stuff
EDIT just realized how weird Lucina's splash must be for non FE players. As if the sword is alive but just sleeping. . .

Last edited:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
If the Ice Climbers are cut, then it's a sad day in the smash community. I love playing as them even though Ike's my main. Them being cut makes the leak lose all credibility to me. They're loved by the casual and competitive communities. It'd be like giving Talonflame Klutz as a hidden ability.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Yes, let's leave the leaks to the plumbers, this is about our Space Dragon overlord after all. I don't see no Ice to climb here.

It's been so long since I've been in here with my Ridlenites, I have 300 pages of nonsense I have to catch up on :laugh:

Top Bottom