• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
There's one thing I would really like to see regarding a playable Ridley...

Custom mods that make him look like a Xenomorph!
Then we could get this for a Costume!

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Hello,

I just wanted to throw me support in for Ridley in smash. I don't think I would play him often, but there is a certain nostalgia factor in seeing him included. I remember playing smash64 when it first came out and seeing ridley in the opening cinematic and being crazy disappointed when none of the 4 hidden character slots ended up being him. It would be nice to finally see him as a PC in smash :).
i think you confused smash 64 and melee... ridley appeared in the opening of melee, which was the gamecube game.

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
i think you confused smash 64 and melee... ridley appeared in the opening of melee, which was the gamecube game.
omg how did I mess that up XD. The wierd part is I remember that part with samus and ridley in melee with 64 graphics... the weird things memory does when you haven't watched something in a while (i normally skip the opening of melee these days).4

Which now makes me wonder why I was so sure Ridley would be one of the four unlockable characters in 64 lol.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Then we could get this for a Costume!
wait... people want ridley to have a xenomorph outfit, and then want that outfit to have a schoolgirl xenomorph outfit?

...you know, the rule34 on that would probably terrify some people.

also, what the HELL is in schoolgirl-xenomorph-ridley's mouth?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
In that event, add Ridley to the leak so that everyone falls for it! :4robinm:
He's already kind of in it haha.

It's tough to explain. The OG "leak" doesn't include him, but from bits and pieces that we've compiled, I'd bet he's in

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
wait... people want ridley to have a xenomorph outfit, and then want that outfit to have a schoolgirl xenomorph outfit?

...you know, the rule34 on that would probably terrify some people.

also, what the HELL is in schoolgirl-xenomorph-ridley's mouth?
That thing in it's mouth is a croquette

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
GUYS! OH MY GOD SAKURAI JUST MESSAGED ME ON XBOX LIVE DETAILS ON SMASH BROS

Here's what it said

"-Ridley is the only character, everyone else has been removed, he also has a costume for every character that was removed to commemorate those lost

-Pyrosphere isn't even a real stage"

I'll tell you if more details pop up.

Last edited:
While it is by far the most interesting leak i have seen so far, Bowser Jr. seems so suspicious. Being in the clown car thing and alts for every koopaling in the car sounds ridiculously difficult. Plus the veteran cut makes me sad. Also dark pit still seems silly to me as he didn't get a splash Pallas Palutena's trailer but I guess we can wait for new info. But it has Ridley and Con0rrrr is backing it so that's nice.

EDIT: also duck hunt do seems so . . .weird. Then again I never owned nintendo console pre gamecube. . . (I played smash 64 tho)

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I thought you just compiled it

Or are you saying you faked it? xD

Regardless I don't believe leaks without video evidence/smashbros update/sakurai emailed me too
Nah I compiled it, but knew about the evidence before others.

Even I'm not 100% sold on it. Though I'd love it to be the final roster

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
While it is by far the most interesting leak i have seen so far, Bowser Jr. seems so suspicious. Being in the clown car thing and alts for every koopaling in the car sounds ridiculously difficult. Plus the veteran cut makes me sad. Also dark pit still seems silly to me as he didn't get a splash Pallas Palutena's trailer but I guess we can wait for new info. But it has Ridley and Con0rrrr is backing it so that's nice.
I'm don't put much stock in leaks as a general rule (heck and X and Y had the final evolution of the starters leaked, I refused to believe they were real until official sources confirmed them...) and I don't want to get my hopes up for ridley (and more so mewtwo) but I do like the idea of clown car Bowser Jr. As for the dark pit not getting a splash, I don't thing it is to big of a deal. Could be as simple as Sakurai not wanting clone discussions taking over the E3 reveals.

There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to Sakurai. :)

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
If a leak does not include Ridley, I do not believe it as I am entirely convinced that Ridley is in the game with my demented logic madness.
Demented logic is kinda the same as madness.
Anyways, yeah, Ridley is more likely than people think, but still not confirmed, don't get your hopes up, blah blah blah.

Morbi

Scavenger
You'd love a roster without the Ice Climbers?! You monster... :(
Perhaps, I am a monster as well.

Demented logic is kinda the same as madness.
Anyways, yeah, Ridley is more likely than people think, but still not confirmed, don't get your hopes up, blah blah blah.
Demented madness is not the same as demented logic, however.

I'm still incredibly intrigued, does anyone have any keywords or links so I can find it?
Is it not under groups?

I am not sure if this is the leak we are alluding to... but here it is if I am right!
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ninka-vaanrose-leak-discussion-theory.362684/

Last edited:
I honestly wish I had made a leak because if I had I would have gotten literally every character right but greninja so far when Ridley is announced. . .like every other one. . .oh well hindsight 20/20

more on topic I wonder how much hype a trailer announcing ridley and shulk (with mewtwo) would produce and could it power the world for over a year if it doesn't explode?

Morbi

Scavenger
I honestly wish I had made a leak because if I had I would have gotten literally every character right but greninja so far when Ridley is announced. . .like every other one. . .oh well hindsight 20/20

more on topic I wonder how much hype a trailer announcing ridley and shulk (with mewtwo) would produce and could it power the world for over a year if it doesn't explode?
Same. Greninja is the only character that I was not able to discern. If I had pretended to have insider information... most people would believe that Black Shadow was a shoe-in at the moment.

Top Bottom