• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait for gematsu deluxe leak or whatever they decide to call it, then have people say it's not as legit as the orginal Sal leak because it's false
If sal came out with a leak with Ridley on it you can bet you ass that a lot of people are not going to believe it and say its bs, but then are going to turn around and defend the lucas vs Ness thing.

Morbi

Scavenger
If sal came out with a leak with Ridley on it you can bet you *** that a lot of people are not going to believe it and say its bs, but then are going to turn around and defend the lucas vs Ness thing.
No. If Sal leaked Ridley, EVERYONE would believe him. He has the credibility to make it happen.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If sal came out with a leak with Ridley on it you can bet you *** that a lot of people are not going to believe it and say its bs, but then are going to turn around and defend the lucas vs Ness thing.
cjszero01 on Youtube has gone on the record to state that he immediately calls any leaks that have Ridley in them fake. And he actually WANTS Ridley to be playable.

No. If Sal leaked Ridley, EVERYONE would believe him. He has the credibility to make it happen.
I wish, but I doubt it. If anything people would start clamoring about how he made it up to appease the Ridley fans.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
How does that work anyway?
I don't recall. I think its probably because he never thought Ridley would end up as playable, or even if Ridley did, any leak with Ridley in it was just a pipe dream so he automatically calls it fake. I think it was in a Smash Chat about leaks, but I don't recall exactly when it was.

Morbi

Scavenger
He, of course, uses that as a disclaimer to add to his credibility. "I want Ridley, but I do not believe that it will happen." You relate to the person you are talking to, demonstrating that you care and that you are unbiased despite your differing perspective.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't recall. I think its probably because he never thought Ridley would end up as playable, or even if Ridley did, any leak with Ridley in it was just a pipe dream so he automatically calls it fake. I think it was in a Smash Chat about leaks, but I don't recall exactly when it was.
It was in the Rumors Smash talk, the top of the playlist

D

Deleted member

I remember seeing it, but, what if the leak was true? Though I always dismissed a leak saying Zoroark was playable :/

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Kind of like a "glass half empty" approach? I suppose.
I don't think Ridley will be in so that if he isn't in I was right but if he is in I'm happy I was wrong

Kinda depressing but I can understand it.

I'm still on the fence personally but I don't think the reveal today will be Ridley. I think he'll be hidden if playable. But this is Sakurai the unpredictable so *shrugs

Agreed.
Wow, this has turned into the conversation of everyone BUT Ridley.
YUDODISSAKURAI.
I'm superking but I'm also offtopicwithoutpissingoffthemodsking

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Frieza is spelled with an "i."
Reminds me of DBZ Abridged.

Future Trunks: So, you must be Frieza. (Pronounced Fry-za)
Mecha Freeza: Actually, it's Lord Freeza.
Future Trunks: Really? Then why is there an 'i' in it?
Mecha Freeza: There's not.
Future Trunks: Huh. Guess that's another thing to change when I get back.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I agree with your definition of "idiot," it reminds me of the "toobigots" that would objectively claim their perspective true without any feasible evidence.
About that term...
"Toobigot" =/= Someone who doesn`t wants Ridley to be in Sm4sh. "Toobigot" = detractor/person that claims that Ridley can`t and won`t be playable for whatever reasons without giving any real arguments and ignoring anything against this "arguments". Those arguments include:
  • Ridley`s canonical size. (it doesn`t matters in Sm4sh, non-canonical game that already has few characters with incorrect size)
  • Ridley`s role in previous games. (Little Mac, Charizard, King D3, Meta Knight, etc. were not playable in SSB for some time)
  • Ridley being shown in bosses Yellow Devil section even through he wasn`t really shown and it wasn`t "stage bosses" section.
  • Ridley not being listed in Sal or Gematsu leaks. (Gematsu and Sal leaks are yet not proven to be 100% legimate)
Anyone agrees with that definition of "toobigot"?

1. He actually doesn`t wants Ridley to be playable.
2. He thinks that "leakers" rely on Ridley to make their "leak" look real or at least believable.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think Ridley will be kept hidden, Sal says Shulk for today and August is way too obvious, unless we get another video like today in September

D

Deleted member

If anything but Shulk is revealed today, I'm going to be so happy because the reign of Gematsu will end, unless it's Chorus Men, then I don't know what to think

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Indeed. It was linked above my giant text-wall in the "Monday's reveal thread." I can try to find it.
no need, I just looked up sal's profile.

interesting, though, that he'd (or his contact) would stake the leak on this.

although imo with the tweets... I'm not surprised.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
If anything but Shulk is revealed today, I'm going to be so happy because the reign of Gematsu will end, unless it's Chorus Men, then I don't know what to think
Honestly, if he is indeed correct... I am going to convert. I have already convinced myself that Shulk is nigh impossible, so if I am wrong, which does not seem likely to me (go figure), I will have no choice but to respect the notion that he has insider information. However, I am still going to speculate in favor of additional characters, such as Ridely.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
no need, I just looked up sal's profile.

interesting, though, that he'd (or his contact) would stake the leak on this.

although imo with the tweets... I'm not surprised.
The fact of the matter is that Sal leaking this means nothing for the Gematsu leak at all unless its wrong, because most people were guessing Shulk anyway, plus all the Xenoblade retweets teasing it as well.

EDIT: And even then, Shulk not being revealed today won't debunk the leak at all.

Honestly, if he is indeed correct... I am going to convert. I have already convinced myself that Shulk is nigh impossible, so if I am wrong, which does not seem likely to me (go figure), I will have no choice but to respect the notion that he has insider information. However, I am still going to speculate in favor of additional characters, such as Ridely.
I've already come to this conclusion, but the Gematsu leak isn't 100% correct and we may not get Chrom or Chorus Kids (both get characters from those respective games). I've thought Shulk was highly likely long before I ever actually believed the Gematsu leak.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think Shulk being Revealed means anything, but him not being confirmed kills the leak, no questions asked. Somehow, it's just WAY, WAY too obvious for him to be revealed and I'm going to be honest, E3 2014 was the only Smash event that I wasn't surprised

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
See, I've always thought Chrom was likely, and Shulk/chorus men I hadn't really heard of. It's all bias. I've been believing sal because of his ridiculous accuracy. I'm not believing everything his source says at face value, and I'm still betting on more than just those 3 left (because there aren't going to be just 2 hidden characters, hopefully) .

But I guess time will tell.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't think Shulk being Revealed means anything, but him not being confirmed kills the leak, no questions asked. Somehow, it's just WAY, WAY too obvious for him to be revealed and I'm going to be honest, E3 2014 was the only Smash event that I wasn't surprised
King Dedede's reveal surprised you? Everyone saw that coming for week; in fact, I decided that he would not be revealed because it was too obvious. I was incorrect. That being said, I certainly feel as though this is a different situation.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This, exactly. And even then he still revealed Pac-Man in a surprising way, and the whole Mii Fighter trailer was a huge surprise.

Shulk not being revealed today doesn't kill the Gematsu leak, though, only Shulk being disconfirmed would do that. I do think its too obvious this reveal is Shulk, but I don't want to get my hopes up for someone else. It would fit well if Ridley was revealed today, though, and I think Ridley is going to be revealed before release.

King Dedede's reveal surprised you? Everyone saw that coming for week; in fact, I decided that he would not be revealed because it was too obvious. I was incorrect. That being said, I certainly feel as though this is a different situation.
I think he meant newcomer reveals.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am talking about newcomers, only after Mac's reveal that I got in the discussion and thought Yoshi was going to be revealed with Yoshi's New Island release, after that day I gave up mon trying to predict Sakurai

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
Man, I just don't know what to expect for this character reveal now, for me because of thet random Rayman Trophy I feel like it's really up in the air and it could literally be anyone, and my hopes for Ridley went up a bit because, don't know why, but here is hoping!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
This, exactly. And even then he still revealed Pac-Man in a surprising way, and the whole Mii Fighter trailer was a huge surprise.

Shulk not being revealed today doesn't kill the Gematsu leak, though, only Shulk being disconfirmed would do that. I do think its too obvious this reveal is Shulk, but I don't want to get my hopes up for someone else. It would fit well if Ridley was revealed today, though, and I think Ridley is going to be revealed before release.

I think he meant newcomer reveals.
It does hurt the leak though, as Romano stated Shulk would be revealed today

D

Deleted member

Man, why I'm hyping myself for Shulk? Maybe because he's the only Gematsu newcomer left I actually want? Let's see if they do the Monado vision or whatever in the trailer or even better, Sakurai ruses us and there are two trailers!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It does hurt the leak though, as Romano stated Shulk would be revealed today
All it means is that the guy guessed and believed that based on everything we've heard and seen Shulk was the obvious choice today. Granted, it would be the first thing he got wrong.

Man, why I'm hyping myself for Shulk? Maybe because he's the only Gematsu newcomer left I actually want? Let's see if they do the Monado vision or whatever in the trailer or even better, Sakurai ruses us and there are two trailers!
I don't mind Shulk personally, and I agree, Shulk is the only remaining Gematsu newcomer I actually want. That said, I'd rather get a different newcomer all-together. Naturally, this is the Ridley topic... he'd be great to be announced today. (Of course I'd die if K. Rool was announced. Then again, I'd do the same for Ridley because Ridley's announcement greatly helps K. Rool, too.)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
All it means is that the guy guessed and believed that based on everything we've heard and seen Shulk was the obvious choice today. Granted, it would be the first thing he got wrong.

I don't mind Shulk personally, and I agree, Shulk is the only remaining Gematsu newcomer I actually want. That said, I'd rather get a different newcomer all-together. Naturally, this is the Ridley topic... he'd be great to be announced today. (Of course I'd die if K. Rool was announced. Then again, I'd do the same for Ridley because Ridley's announcement greatly helps K. Rool, too.)
Actually, he was wrong on multiple occasions, he was wrong when certain characters would be revealed by a year with some characters, although he was right about them, he still was wrong when mentioning the dates they would be revealed, and Rosalina outright proves he doesn't know everything

D

Deleted member

Shulk is just a bit boring in my opinion.
View attachment 18141
I find every Gematsu newcomer boring, but Shulk actually interests me because I'm hyped for X and I like miscellaneous franchises

Btw, I think someone mentioned The Quarter Guy being a Ridley supporter some 20-50 pages back, could someone clarify me on this?

Top Bottom