• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
Gamexplain discussions are stupid, I only subscribed for trailer analisies, I'll probably unsubscribe and wait for newcomer reveals to check their channel
Also, my Nintendo just said that Goku is inthe game and Ridey Scott is a boss, trust me, he works at dad
those discussions are too long too.
and your Nintendo is saying the truth, it said to me that youtube is going to be Tails in Super Smash Sanic 65 on Masahiro

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Is that... supposed to be a gargoyle?

Personally, like @Louie G. I'm hoping for a mash up between Other M and Super Metroid. I think it's their best route at the moment. Still don't like Roidley's head, lol.
I personally would prefer other m concept art Ridley. I really like the design. I think they had a good design for Ridley, but they just carried it out poorly. That's the most likely scenario where we get a decent design imo. Super Metroid would be great, but I just don't see it happening.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Why are you looking at this rumor from Gamexplain as something that's legit? They don't have inside info like Sal Romano (presumably) does, and it hasn't been alluded to that we're getting a DK boss yet.

Besides, even if a Kremling general and Kraid were bosses on Smash Run, it doesn't necessarily diminish the chances of K. Rool and Ridley being boss hazards on the Wii U version. Granted, K. Rool as a hazard is pure speculation as of the moment, but it's something that I want to prepare myself in the event that it happens.

There's no point to watching their channel if you don't like it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hi guys! I lurked around since page 650 or something, and I decided to get a smashboards account because I saw majora_787 on miiverse defending me. I know about the water and have something to say about Ridley, I am the only fan of his to prefer his Other M design than his Super Metroid design I have met

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hi guys! I lurked around since page 650 or something, and I decided to get a smashboards account because I saw majora_787 on miiverse defending me. I know about the water and have something to say about Ridley, I am the only fan of his to prefer his Other M design than his Super Metroid design I have met
I prefer it too...kinda...if not his head, he would be my favourite Ridley design...and if he would have longer legs and darker textures.
And welcome to this thread.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Oh. Hello. :p

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I remember you, I'm Thomas on miiverse.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Kraid would be pretty damn ace in Smash Run, I have a hard time seeing him appear there though due to his size, most of the Smash Run stage consists of very narrow places.

Also, why do people make Ridley a griffon in the MLP crossovers when there are dragons in the show?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Welcome!

And i don't see why people are hating on Gamexplain for this. Their channel is really really good. And even if Kirbopher was wrong, Kraid doesn't effect Ridley- it effects Metroid's representation.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Regarding gamexplain, I don't really like how they kind of mocked us in their last smash bros pictures of the week video, but they still do want Ridley in and would be really excited to see them, even if they are kinda being assholes right now.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If that rumor somehow turns out to be true, then I'll be a little disappointed about the choice for the Metroid boss. Don't get me wrong, I'd be overjoyed if Ridley isn't a boss in this game, but I was actually looking forward to the possibility of fighting Nightmare or the Queen Metroid in Smash Bros.

But still, no Ridley boss hazard = maximum hype.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Fun fact about what happened to me yesterday on the dreaded miiverse: I talked about the shadow analysis and after I noted Rosalina being smaller than Ridley because you guys proved it, the only comeback was "Ridley is not smaller than Rosalina" over and over again. I also joked about people requesting Hades yet saying Ridley is too big, and got in a huge flame war with them

majora_787

Smash Hero
Fun fact about what happened to me yesterday on the dreaded miiverse: I talked about the shadow analysis and after I noted Rosalina being smaller than Ridley because you guys proved it, the only comeback was "Ridley is not smaller than Rosalina" over and over again. I also joked about people requesting Hades yet saying Ridley is too big, and got in a huge flame war with them
Miiverse is a wonderful place, innit.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Kraid would be pretty damn ace in Smash Run, I have a hard time seeing him appear there though due to his size, most of the Smash Run stage consists of very narrow places.

Also, why do people make Ridley a griffon in the MLP crossovers when there are dragons in the show?
Only I do that. And the reason is...well, MLP dragons have no one single defining, unique characteristic that separates them from any other cartoon dragon. I could vector Ridley with pastel colors, and he'd fit right in.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I don't usually go on miiverse, but when I do it's fun to report all the anti-Ridley posts you guys link here for hateful/bullying. It's funny because a few times I go back and they've been removed.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Quick question: What would be an awesome stage from the metroid games that Ridley has something to do with? I know someone mention Norion a couple of 100 pages ago, but I thought of that a few hours before reading that, I say that you start on top of the shaft and can break the floor, after doing so, everyone falls down for half a minute until something magically puts everyone back top, when falling, the walls will do 5% damage if you touch them and cause knockback, so knocking opponents into the walls becomes possible, and every character gets floaty like when the summit moves in Brawl

majora_787

Smash Hero
These guys are really slow. It's hurting my brain with how incapable of understanding things they are. :|

EDIT: Finally the trolls closed their bridge and packed up.

Is it a coincidence that anti-Ridley people have this much of a habit of acting like they're mentally deficient? That's an honest question. Like it seems like a really frequently recurring trend and I'm not sure if it's a coincidence anymore.

Last edited:

AndreGX

Smash Rookie
The problem with Gamexplain is that they out right insulted us, but oh well, I can take it, and they are morons because the think that the baloon fight stage is a alternative mode, yet Sakurai clearly stated it was a stage
I think "insulted" is a bit strong--what Ash said was is "they'll latch onto anything" and made no comment beyond that, and certainly didn't call anyone a name as you just have. Although I can understand why it might rub some people the wrong way. I actually was debating cutting that entire section from the discussion since I wasn't completely happy with how it came across (and in hindsight, I should have)--oh the joys of recording and editing podcasts at 2am.

At any rate, I wanted to apologize for the comment. I assure you it wasn't our intent to offend--particularly since "looking too deep into things" is kind of our mantra at GameXplain. But Ash is a relative newcomer (heh) to our discussions, so I'm not sure that he realized how his comment could probably be on any number of things we've discussed before :laugh:

And as I said, I really do think anything could happen. Even if that comment wasn't a hint of anything, that doesn't mean Ridley can't still be a playable character.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
These guys are really slow. It's hurting my brain with how incapable of understanding things they are. :|

And some of the hateful posts are being deleted, too.

Makes you wonder, how people can be so nasty over a game.

Malle

Smash Apprentice

Is it a coincidence that anti-Ridley people have this much of a habit of acting like they're mentally deficient? That's an honest question. Like it seems like a really frequently recurring trend and I'm not sure if it's a coincidence anymore.
I was there (Marcus here!)
Well, they are slow indeed and dont seem like trying whatsoever.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I really think "insulted" is a bit strong--all Ash said was is "they'll latch onto anything." He made no comment beyond that, and certainly didn't call anyone a name as you just have. I actually was debating cutting that entire section from the discussion since I wasn't completely happy with how it came across (and in hindsight, I should have)--oh the joys of recording and editing podcasts at 2am.

At any rate, I wanted to apologize for the comment. I assure you it wasn't our intent to offend--particularly since "looking too deep into things" is kind of our mantra at GameXplain. But Ash is a relative newcomer (heh) to our discussions, so I'm not sure that he realized how his comment could probably be on any number of things we've discussed before :laugh:

And as I said, I really do think anything could happen. Even if that comment wasn't a hint of anything, that doesn't mean Ridley can't still be a playable character.
They could at least take a look at the fact he was hidden from everyone! But oh well, I still watch them if only for the analysis, although Relax Alax is better when it comes to smash...

majora_787

Smash Hero
I was there (Marcus here!)
Well, they are slow indeed and dont seem like trying whatsoever.
"Ridley is a boss hazard on this same stage in a different game. Ridley being a boss hazard on this EXACT STAGE would basically be ripping off that other game."

"SO UR SAYING WE SHOULDNT HAVE LAVA STAGE???"

What on *earth*. And I literally cited the Melee opening zero times but they kept whining about that for some reason?

AndreGX

Smash Rookie
They could at least take a look at the fact he was hidden from everyone! But oh well, I still watch them if only for the analysis, although Relax Alax is better when it comes to smash...
We did, back in one of our Smash Direct analysis videos, and I'm sure we discussed it then too.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
TehEpicRyuga, Meet RidleyKraid187.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Only I do that. And the reason is...well, MLP dragons have no one single defining, unique characteristic that separates them from any other cartoon dragon. I could vector Ridley with pastel colors, and he'd fit right in.
Please do that, and post it here........I'd love to see Roidley in that style

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
xD Sorry, I'm bored at school and I don't even know what I'm doing....
You can draw Majora telling you not to draw what I said, though.

B-b-but I'm under age...
exactly, it means you should listen to the adults. I'm glad we had this talk.

(also be careful about double posting, the mods really dislike it. you can edit replies into your previous posts like I am doing now)

We did, back in one of our Smash Direct analysis videos, and I'm sure we discussed it then too.
Can I call you Andre the giant? I've always wanted to call someone that since the last one died, and your name fits pretty well.

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
I think "insulted" is a bit strong--what Ash said was is "they'll latch onto anything" and made no comment beyond that, and certainly didn't call anyone a name as you just have. Although I can understand why it might rub some people the wrong way. I actually was debating cutting that entire section from the discussion since I wasn't completely happy with how it came across (and in hindsight, I should have)--oh the joys of recording and editing podcasts at 2am.

Apology Accepted, Andre. Sorry for my behavior in the comments. in hindsight, it was probably one of the most immature things I have done in the name of Ridley fan defense. I promise it wont happen again.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Please do that, and post it here........I'd love to see Roidley in that style
Kinda separated from the proper tools, so reposts ahoy!

Replace the thin black lines with thick dark purple strokes, and you'll have your ponified Ridley.

Last edited:
Top Bottom