• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Here ya` go:
At least she tried to escape...unfortunately, there was no Ridley, but there was a pretty creepy Bowser...or at least serious Bowser.
xD OH THAT THING, how I could have forgotten....awesome comic...too bad that the artist give up apparently, I really wanted to see Ridley on it....

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
C: OK! Got it!

well....now...I will think on some Rids stuff (the drawing with NEARLY everyone will be probably made in a time where I don't have exams...)
Exams. What's more important, Ridley, or exams?

(jk don't listen to me I'm terrible at school XD )

If there is room can I be included? My avatar is fairly simple.
View attachment 16855
I found this...it is the Ridley model from the "Metroid: Samus as a disney princess"...oops..."fight for love" video...
I realllllly want to google that... but I really don't....

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Does anyone alse love the idea of a Metroid and Dr Who crossover? Hunting down Daleks who plan on using Metroids to destroy everything in universe, teaming up with the space pirates only to betray them, just for that to blow up in their face when Ridley catches on and has the Metroids attack them?
With all the crazy **** Doctor Who has had, sure, why not?

Even Meta Knight had more balanced FS...but as long as i will play as Ridley, i will not care about balance.

Seen those plenty times before, though for some reason images of Ridley maiming Samus or vice-versa tend to be rather unsettling for me. Dunno why.

View attachment 16855
I found this...it is the Ridley model from the "Metroid: Samus as a disney princess"...oops..."fight for love" video...
Smash 4 isn't "for fun" or "for glory", it's for love. At least that's what Samus would think right?!

What's this I'm hearing about a group picture though?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
...That's somehow even more badass-looking than Samus's own Varia Suit. I'm seriously tempted to make that my new avatar.

EDIT:...and now I have.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
On the topic of Metroid music, this is my favorite song in the series. Someone already posted Vomitron's Doppelganger which is my favorite remix. I could post 50 songs from Metroid that I like easily, but that's just me.

And yet Brawl still had to ruin two of the (not as many as most of the other series) songs with voiceovers. Here's hoping there's no voiceovers on songs in Smash 4.

I would think they'd remix his theme again, considering they did so in Brawl and it's all but guaranteed to be in the game. Otherwise, we'd get Other M's rendition, which isn't bad, but connected to that whole cutscene, I'd rather not have to be reminded of it. I wonder if they would make it techno-y but yet not like Meta Ridley's. I'm curious as to what music they do pick from Metroid but I suppose this isn't the thread for that so I'll shut up now before I go on a huge tangent.
The voiceovers were very corny-awesome! I don't know why you think the songs were ruined, whenever the Brinstar theme started and that guy went "SAMUS IS UNDER FIRE, SHE'S SENT AN EMERGENCY DIRECTIVE! JOIN THE FIGHT!" I just got too pumped up! And the voiceover of the Prime theme seems fitting too, as it basically recaps the events of Metroid.

Also, this 'connecting the music to the cutscene' thing...I think that's a lame excuse for not wanting music, it's like the people who fail to admit that Sonic 06' has one of the best videogame soundtracks of all time because 'the soundtrack reminds me of the game hurrhurrhurr'.

Also, is it me, or is Sector 4 (AQA) (Underwater) one of the most underrated Nintendo songs ever? It's got the perfect mix of atmosphere and melody, and sounds kinda mystical, it would've been much better on an underwater ruins setting than the generic aquatic base archetype the level had. It also sounds kinda sad and solemn, like mourning a loss.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I saw that 'Ridley Power Suit' art elsewhere at least a few times before and was like "meh". Liked your previous avatar far better Armless... Oh well.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
You know, outside the possibility of a playable Ridley in Super Smash Bros, I would really like it if they made a Metroid spinoff game like Hyrule Warriors, in which Ridley is one of the playable characters. I'd rather they use him instead of the one-shot Hunters from that DS game.

I saw that 'Ridley Power Suit' art elsewhere at least a few times before and was like "meh". Liked your previous avatar far better Armless... Oh well.
I pretty much change avatars every time I make a hundred posts. It was bound to go away sooner or later. :ohwell:

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Just Ridley is more badass-looking than Samus. That is what you MUST say here. Any objections?
Can I ask you for a little favor? could you pose Ridley and Roidley sitting and sleeping? I have always had problems drawing Ridley like that....and since Omega is paralized, at least Rids and Roids would be anough reference for me....thank you...

Maresch

Smash Cadet
NNID
Maresch
...*runs*

As for Ridley's final smash, could it be some kind of grab? I remember a few pages back someone mentioned Ridley's self-destruct grab in Super Metroid when he was low on health. Also everyone remembers him holding Samus with one hand and scraping her into the wall in both Brawl and in Other M, it seems kind of iconic (to me) for him now.

Or, you know. It could also be something about him being BIG.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
You know, outside the possibility of a playable Ridley in Super Smash Bros, I would really like it if they made a Metroid spinoff game like Hyrule Warriors, in which Ridley is one of the playable characters. I'd rather they use him instead of the one-shot Hunters from that DS game.

I pretty much change avatars every time I make a hundred posts. It was bound to go away sooner or later. :ohwell:
Have said or at least thought that plenty times before (about Metroid having its own spinoff game akin to Hyrule Warriors or something), but it's almost as though they're afraid to take risks with Metroid compared to the other Nintendo series, though after Other M I guess that would be understandable, but when like Metroid Pinball has already been a thing, there's no reason other spinoff ideas that could work well for the series shouldn't happen. It'd be a breath of fresh air over another Prime Hunters/online FPS kind of game at least.

Eh, fair enough.

Last edited:

Kamiko

Smash Ace
=u= I don't even remember the original idea...
I have decided...I will draw it like in the Melee group pic...I don't want to make my life even more complicated...or I don't know...I will decide when I make the sketch another time.
Being that the original idea was about drawing everyone just hanging out in the lounge, I'd say something like that would be best. But if fitting it into the scanner is a concern, then squeezing everyone together is understandable.

Side note: I accidentally liked that second post when I went to quote it. You're welcome!

majora_787

Smash Hero
If they make a Prime Hunters game with a passable single player to go with its enjoyable multiplayer I'm all for it. :p Also if they brought Ghor back

UltimateWario

Smash Master
The problem with making a Zebes Warriors is that Zelda is literally CHOCK FULL of characters that people absolutely love and remember. Hyrule Warriors is basically a love letter to fans, and Aonuma has blatantly stated "If there's a character you like from a specific game, odds are you'll be able to play as them here". Zelda has a huge mythos full of tons of creative, memorable characters, because Hyrule is a huge world that is only as magical as the people that live there.

Metroid is much more claustrophobic. The only important character is (usually) Samus, and sometimes Ridley. It's certainly not a bad thing, because a series doesn't need to have a huge cast to be fantastic. What I'm saying is, you make a Zelda game that celebrates all the characters throughout the series, you're going to have a roster of at least 30+. You make a Metroid game like that, you're going to have...what? A dozen or so? Most of them basically being Samus with different weapons, besides Ridley?

That, and Ridley's complete and utter dissonance with Samus, ability-wise, makes making him playable in an actual Metroid game an extremely costly and time-consuming endeavor. You'd basically have to build a game from the ground up for Ridley.

If they make a Prime Hunters game with a passable single player to go with its enjoyable multiplayer I'm all for it. :p Also if they brought Ghor back
Prime Hunters 2, with a story/single-player mode to match the rest of the Prime series, playable Prime 3 Hunters, and (balanced) online multiplayer?

where do i put my money

Last edited:

Meandpikachu

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 16739
-Future Villain Talk-

lil Ridley: "So what's our plan, Shen?"

lil Shen: "Conquer the World!"

lil Ridley: "And the whole Universe!"

lil Shen: "Yeah!"

Birdie: "Big bro is playing with him and not me...again...it's not fair."

Ridley/Shen: "AND EVERYONE SHALL BOW BEFORE US!"

Another of little Ridley's BFFs, Shen.

-u- I did this out of boredom...
Aaaawww...that chibi ridley is so cute

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The problem with making a Zebes Warriors is that Zelda is literally CHOCK FULL of characters that people absolutely love and remember. Hyrule Warriors is basically a love letter to fans, and Aonuma has blatantly stated "If there's a character you like from a specific game, odds are you'll be able to play as them here". Zelda has a huge mythos full of tons of creative, memorable characters, because Hyrule is a huge world that is only as magical as the people that live there.

Metroid is much more claustrophobic. The only important character is (usually) Samus, and sometimes Ridley. It's certainly not a bad thing, because a series doesn't need to have a huge cast to be fantastic. What I'm saying is, you make a Zelda game that celebrates all the characters throughout the series, you're going to have a roster of at least 30+. You make a Metroid game like that, you're going to have...what? A dozen or so? Most of them basically being Samus with different weapons, besides Ridley?

That, and Ridley's complete and udder dissonance with Samus, ability-wise, makes making him playable in an actual Metroid game an extremely costly and time-consuming endeavor. You'd basically have to build a game from the ground up for Ridley.
You have a point there. I guess they could revive the three Bounty Hunters from MP3 and Dark Samus for this game, considering that it will most likely be non-canon. Maybe Anthony Higgs is another possibility.

But yeah, Ridley is too different a character from Samus to ever be playable in a "Metroidvania" game.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Would you guys main Ridley if he was revealed?
Hard to say, but there's a good chance I wouldn't. I generally like speedier characters, with some exceptions. Can't handle the big guys too well.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Ridley is probably the only potential newcomer that I would immediately give a serious try at maining. Of course, how well he turns out and synergizes with me, in comparison to other potential mains, would determine if I would actually main him.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

That, and Ridley's complete and utter dissonance with Samus, ability-wise, makes making him playable in an actual Metroid game an extremely costly and time-consuming endeavor. You'd basically have to build a game from the ground up for Ridley.

Prime Hunters 2, with a story/single-player mode to match the rest of the Prime series, playable Prime 3 Hunters, and (balanced) online multiplayer?

where do i put my money
To be honest I wasn't necessarily thinking of a "Zebes Warriors" or something with Dynasty Warriors type gameplay (how would that even work for Metroid?), though something like a Godzilla type monster fighter for recurring or classic Metroid bosses could be cool, and wouldn't even have to have a large roster with the low amount of notable Metroid characters there are as you pointed out.

Even if a Prime Hunters 2 happens, I don't see it having all of the above there. Plus the Prime 3 hunters didn't have alt forms like Samus with the morph ball, Sylux with the lockjaw, etc., so they'd have to make up something there for Rundas, Ghor, and Gandrayda. That and it's really hard to see a playable Rundas riding around like Iceman or Gandrayda shapeshifting into others like Mystique online without it being broken/unbalanced somehow. If MPH2 were to at least have a more solid single player though then I guess I'd be fine with it.

edit: Correcting grammar and stuff.
But I guess this has been off-topic enough, so would be a good idea to take the discussion back to Ridley.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Ridley#Personality_and_traits

Gotta love Ridleys personality. I wish wikis would mention how he looks at his claws in admiration at the begginng of prime, even if he technically doesn't smile, he certainly looks at them in an evil manner that a mindless monster wouldn't do. Can someone who is better at English better describe what I'm talking about perhaps?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Can I ask you for a little favor? could you pose Ridley and Roidley sitting and sleeping? I have always had problems drawing Ridley like that....and since Omega is paralized, at least Rids and Roids would be anough reference for me....thank you...
Both of them sleeping or sitting? Both of them sleeping and sitting? And sleeping in which way?
YES!

Gotta love Ridleys personality. I wish wikis would mention how he looks at his claws in admiration at the begginng of prime, even if he technically doesn't smile, he certainly looks at them in an evil manner that a mindless monster wouldn't do. Can someone who is better at English better describe what I'm talking about perhaps?
After/before disconnecting from life-support system (maybe...i don`t even know how it is really called), Meta Ridley checks out his claws/hands for some reasons before noticing Samus and flying away from Frigate Orpheon since it were going to explode. It doesn`t looks (at least to me) like he admires his new modifications...maybe...anyway,

AndreaAC

Both of them sleeping or sitting? Both of them sleeping and sitting? And sleeping in which way?
Um...well, I don't know exactly..., :3 I think I will leave it to you....or something like this

Q2A571_0D6523AD4430A_001.gif

But in a better way,,because the way I drew his neck is not possible.

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice

I mean, I think I get what you mean. Like how he has actual emotions and thoughts, even about himself (I'm also pretty sure it's kinda known that he has like a racist superiority complex. There's a much better word for that but I forget what it is). I love depictions that show that part of his personality 'cause it really sets him apart from other beasts. But I don't think I know how to expand on what you're talking about...

PlasticBag

Smash Apprentice
"...no matter how big you may be, there is always someone bigger."

oh lol

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I think you guys are starting to get even crazier than usual.

*Silently looks down at his RidleyxPalutena memorabilia*

Top Bottom