• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

majora_787

Smash Hero
my theory isn't specifically that there will be 54 characters but that the roster will be a multiple of 9. They even have empty boxes in the sections that aren't filled. like right now the last section goes samus kirby fox pikachu bowser pit emty box empty box empty box. It only seems logical that all the empty boxes would be filled in eventually.
It may not even be a multiple of 9. It could just be a multiple of 3. In which case a 51 character roster comes up once again. That sure is a popular number. :awesome:

But basically sure they could have made pages of 9 because the ROSTER is a multiple of 9, but of course it could also be a multiple of 3, and pages of 9 were used instead of pages of 3 because pages of 3 would be ridiculously inefficient.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I have decided...I will draw it like in the Melee group pic...I don't want to make my life even more complicated...or I don't know...I will decide when I make the sketch another time.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
What about the Ridley Crocodiles? They need fresh meat every now and then.

Also, @ Sigran101 Sigran101 with regards to your theory, I agree with it, and given the status of the sight right now it makes sense if we are to assume that by some odd situation we'd get the final 3 Gematsu Characters revealed before release or 3 additional veterans (1 per month until the expected August Direct).

My only worry is that since that would fill the last 3 slots, that would all that was left of the roster, but, given that secret characters have been shown not to be revealed in past games before release, I don't think this will be the case.

At any rate, I do really hope that the final roster is 54 as that would allow room for the remaining (not-assumed-cut) Brawl veterans to come back as well as the Gematsu characters and the Villainous Big 3 (Ridley, Mewtwo, K. Rool).

If I got this ^ it would be a dream come true, and Smash 4's roster would easily become my favorite of the series.

@ AndreaAC AndreaAC I think it would be better if it was more directly in front like the second picture with the Nintendo Characters in the field, but that's just me. Again, I don't mean to pressure you, it's all your decision.
but the thing is, the boxes change. they are all full when the confirmed roster is a multiple of nine. When it is not, there are empty boxes in the place of characters to fill the sections of nine. look at it yourself. It's hard to explain. like if we got 4 more characters then it would open a new section and that one would have one character and eight empty boxes.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I have decided...I will draw it like in the Melee group pic...I don't want to make my life even more complicated...or I don't know...I will decide when I make the sketch another time.
Good. It's better to have all of us facing sideways then just seeing our backs.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Too bad, we're out of cake.
Choose your means of execution: Torture, or drinking of our patented Ridley water?
Torture flavors include, but are not limited to: gratuitous stretching of limbs, iron maidens, pendulums, pits, becoming cat slaves, being nice to the person you hate the most, Joker Venom, getting punched in the face by Batman, complete Superman 64 on the hardest difficulty setting, eating tofu WITHOUT FLAVORING, get eaten by Ridley, or stepped on by Ridley.:troll:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The roster doesn't need to mold to the CSS, it's typically the other way around. So I don't really care, since it neither helps nor hurts Ridley's chances.

Choose your means of execution: Torture, or drinking of our patented Ridley water?
first of all I choose torture. I feel like that's what Ridley would choose if not break out and murder everyone. second, I'm not looking at the CSS. On the website at the bottom of each character page there is a sideways scrolling bar of characters you can select to go to their page. They are in sections of nine.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The roster doesn't need to mold to the CSS, it's typically the other way around. So I don't really care, since it neither helps nor hurts Ridley's chances.

first of all I choose torture. I feel like that's what Ridley would choose if not break out and murder everyone. second, I'm not looking at the CSS. On the website at the bottom of each character page there is a sideways scrolling bar of characters you can select to go to their page. They are in sections of nine.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Except that the bar changes size depending on the browser your using.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Triple Posting Warning Received
I get the feeling that people aren't understanding what my theory is exactly. It's hard to explain so I'll try to tell you how to see it yourself.
step 1. go to the official website for smash 4.
step 2. click on any character.
step 3 scroll down to near the bottom and you should see a bar with links to the other characters pages on the website starting with pac man and ending with zss. It goes through nine characters.
step 4. click the arrow on the right of the bar and it will move to another group of nine characters starting with diddy kong and ending with toon link. it goes through another nine characters.
step 5. keep clicking right on it and you will get to the unfilled section starting with Samus and ending with three empty boxes.

Except that the bar changes size depending on the browser your using.
No it's the character pages that change. I'm talking about the tiny bar at the bottom of each character page that has sections of nine and empty boxes for the last three characters to complete that nine.

Can I be a part of this group picture?

Last edited by a moderator:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
No it's the character pages that change. I'm talking about the tiny bar at the bottom of each character page that has sections of nine and empty boxes for the last three characters to complete that nine.
No, that changes too- wait a minute, what does this even have to do with Ridley?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Torture flavors include, but are not limited to: gratuitous stretching of limbs, iron maidens, pendulums, pits, becoming cat slaves, being nice to the person you hate the most, Joker Venom, getting punched in the face by Batman, complete Superman 64 on the hardest difficulty setting, eating tofu WITHOUT FLAVORING, get eaten by Ridley, or stepped on by Ridley.:troll:
There also is: complete I Wanna Be The Guy on Impossible difficulty, invite Samus to your home planet, steal Kraid`s meal, poke Phantoon`s eye, look at the sun to unsee something, get impaled by Ridley, get crushed by Ridley, get incinerated/fried/whatever by Ridley, try to tell Mother Brain that she is inferiour, watch over 9000 channels on separate TVs at the same time, Scarecrow`s gas and many more.
Am I able to be part of the group picture? Also did we get Grenidley yet, or did I miss him?

Its not what you may have expected, but that is all i could do. Maybe someone else will draw Grenindley better.

@ Sigran101 Sigran101 , don`t double and triple post please, put all you want to say into 1 post and then either wait for answer or edit your last post and add what you wanted to say after last post.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So for Ridley's final smash... what might it be? I'm thinking he should call in space pirates like pit's from brawl but with less dive bombing babies and more pirates shooting the opponents

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Wait, am I part of the group picture. I havn't been with you forever, but I joined in the conversation a couple hundred pages back after stalking for about 50 pages.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
There also is: complete I Wanna Be The Guy on Impossible difficulty, invite Samus to your home planet, steal Kraid`s meal, poke Phantoon`s eye, look at the sun to unsee something, get impaled by Ridley, get crushed by Ridley, get incinerated/fried/whatever by Ridley, try to tell Mother Brain that she is inferiour, watch over 9000 channels on separate TVs at the same time, Scarecrow`s gas and many more.

Its not what you may have expected, but that is all i could do. Maybe someone else will draw Grenindley better.

@ Sigran101 Sigran101 , don`t double and triple post please, put all you want to say into 1 post and then either wait for answer or edit your last post and add what you wanted to say after last post.
None of this sounds pleasant. Can we just make more cake? I have a great cheesecake recipe.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
None of this sounds pleasant. Can we just make more cake? I have a great cheesecake recipe.
Heh, you just don`t know the truth...the cake IS A LIE. DEAL WITH IT. HAVE A NICE DAY. ABANDON DREAMS AND HOPES. EMBRACE RIDLEY. ALL HAIL RIDLEY.

...at other hand...ok, where is your cake?
So for Ridley's final smash... what might it be? I'm thinking he should call in space pirates like pit's from brawl but with less dive bombing babies and more pirates shooting the opponents
I would like it to be similar to Ike`s or Lucario`s.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
idk how exactly it would be use but I believe his ult would use his mouth lazer

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
idk how exactly it would be use but I believe his ult would use his mouth lazer
Ridley jumps into the top of the screen, charges up his plasma beam like he does with fireball in Other M and after 5 seconds, he will shoot it and deal same as Lucario`s final smash and knockback just a little bit lower than Critical Hit`s (only final hit). While he is shooting it, beam can be aimed slighly. While he charges it up, it can be aimed too, but faster.
That would be at least better than Omega Ridley or something like that.

And i found that:

Looks kinda like Roidley. By the way, did anyone noticed that in Other M commercial, Ridley was colored like he was in Brawl?

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I love it when detractors say that Ridley doesn't make sense as a playable character. It's halarious.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ridley's final smash should be the huge AoE fireball from the Other M fight. Hard to dodge, racks up Tons of Damage, and has high knock back. Wiffing it results in Ridley being vulnerable for around a second.

That, or Land Master! :yeahboi:
Even Meta Knight had more balanced FS...but as long as i will play as Ridley, i will not care about balance.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Heh, you just don`t know the truth...the cake IS A LIE. DEAL WITH IT. HAVE A NICE DAY. ABANDON DREAMS AND HOPES. EMBRACE RIDLEY. ALL HAIL RIDLEY.

...at other hand...ok, where is your cake?

I would like it to be similar to Ike`s or Lucario`s.
My cake is called Caramel Chocholate Cheese cake. It has a crushed oreo crust with a caramel, creamcheese, and whipped cream filling, chocholate cake on top, and fudge topping. Is that good enough to escape the torture?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
tumblr_n1kyp4q5vJ1sosmxvo1_1280.jpg

I found this...it is the Ridley model from the "Metroid: Samus as a disney princess"...oops..."fight for love" video...

D

Deleted member

Tell me what you want exactly. please xD That or my Catrin Ridley? because...my Ridley doesn't have a mustache...
Dear @ AndreaAC AndreaAC ,

STAHP worrying about the requests, I already said I'm taking care of it, so you do you and focus on your drawings and other stuff. I'll record all of it and add it to the list I made.

@ SchAlternate SchAlternate could you perhaps write your request on my profile page? Thank you in advance

With regards to Ridley's Final Smash, I like the whole Laser Beam that @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros , but with regards to the time, 5 seconds as initiation seems a little too long, also, would his aiming be better than Lucario's in terms of speed (which was abysmally slow iirc)? Also, how large are we talking in terms of the Fireball's size and explosion?

Last edited by a moderator:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Even Meta Knight had more balanced FS...but as long as i will play as Ridley, i will not care about balance.

Oh god, the one with DK and Diddy...:joyful:

The only thing missing is K. Rool looking down at them grinning.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
View attachment 16855
I found this...it is the Ridley model from the "Metroid: Samus as a disney princess"...oops..."fight for love" video...
I read that, and imagined Samus locked up in a tower, with Ridley as her guardian against any daring princes.

Actually, Samus better fits the "Knight in Shining Armor" thing than a distressed damsel. Maybe have Rundas or Anthony locked up instead.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
With regards to Ridley's Final Smash, I like the whole Fireball thing that @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros came up with, but with regards to the time, 5 seconds as initiation seems a little too long, also, would his aiming be better than Lucario's in terms of speed (which was abysmally slow iirc)? Also, how large are we talking in terms of the Fireball's size and explosion?
Fireball? Fireball was The King of Skulls` idea. Mine was with Plasma Beam. I agree that 5 seconds it too much and 2 seconds are better. In terms of speed and knockback, yes, better. Size...well...not as wide as Lucario`s.
I read that, and imagined Samus locked up in a tower, with Ridley as her guardian against any daring princes.

Actually, Samus better fits the "Knight in Shining Armor" thing than a distressed damsel. Maybe have Rundas or Anthony locked up instead.
Or Baby Metroid :awesome:
At least Ridley`s model looks good in that video...but only 1 shot into his mouth and he is dead?!

...Wait...Samus...as a distressed damsel...i think i saw that once somewhere while searching for bowser...

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

No, the princess has to be a Metroid.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I think that his Final Smash should be to become so huge that he blocks the entire screen and the entire roster forever, thus locking all other characters but Ridley.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Here ya` go:
At least she tried to escape...unfortunately, there was no Ridley, but there was a pretty creepy Bowser...or at least serious Bowser.

Last edited:
Top Bottom