• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Many of you dissappoint me, in my days space pirates were known to be merciless and feared, A bpunty hunter just burned your brother alive? They went for revenge without fear, they expected the worst and hoped for the best they were normally killed without any mercy and regretted taking that desicion though but now they give up hope after seeing a vague statement and a shadow, ridley would be dissappointed

Last edited:

GraveEclipse567

Smash Apprentice
Many of you dissappoint me, in my days space pirates were known to be merciless and feared, A bpunty hunter just burned your brother alive? They went for revenge without fear, they expected the best and hoped for the worst they were normally killed without any mercy and regretted taking that desicion though but now they give up hope after seeing a vague statement and a shadow, ridley would be dissappointed
That sounds like a cool statement and all, but um

they expected the best and hoped for the worst
Are we supposed to expect Ridley to be playable but hope he isn't? Or are you trying to say Ridley being playable would be a bad thing and being the mean little people we are we should hope for that, but expect it not to happen?
though being merciless meanies would explain why so many people hate Ridley supoorters

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I think that we can all agree that Sakurai is clever enough to make Ridley playable. After all, he is one of the most requested character. It would be dumb to disappoint so much people.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Many of you dissappoint me, in my days space pirates were known to be merciless and feared, A bpunty hunter just burned your brother alive? They went for revenge without fear, they expected the best and hoped for the worst they were normally killed without any mercy and regretted taking that desicion though but now they give up hope after seeing a vague statement and a shadow, ridley would be dissappointed
I think you got a line in there backwards. But other than that, I'd agree, I guess. Personally, I would prefer to wait and see how this turns out. Ridley could end up as a boss again, no different than Brawl. Or Sakurai's just screwing around because he feels like it, and Ridley's actually playable. Of course, I'm hoping for the latter. But I'm not going to bank on either side.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I hear Blender got some upgrades or something and I was thinking about downloading it again after like 4 years since the last time I've used it, opinions, Oasis?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I hear Blender got some upgrades or something and I was thinking about downloading it again after like 4 years since the last time I've used it, opinions, Oasis?
I describe my knowledge with blender as I don't speak the language but I know enough to find my way to the bathroom.
or not to big that is the question :skull:

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Ya better get use to seeing that little mac icon. I am not going anywhere. I am here to stay to. Like I said Ridley will not be in smash bros.
you need to leave this is a ridley SUPPORT thread and all your doing is po everyone, no one know ridley chances better then this thread does and we dont need a troll like you telling us how to think

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
no one know ridley chances better then this thread does
We don't know Jack Shit though I hear he's not a bad guy we should invite him over sometime.

Really useful references...thank you, Oasis...
Well if you're gonna be like that then you should know I made the wings 25% smaller.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Oasis, in a rare bout of rule-breakage, has double posted

Is he lashing out because of some invisible pain?

Is he trying to draw attention to himself

Or has he just loSt his edge

either way I think he needs an infraction

Ridley wouldn't accept this

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well if you're gonna be like that then you should know I made the wings 25% smaller.
thanks again for telling me, I wouldn't have seen the difference....i wish you could put his Brawl model and Omega Ridley model to see de size difference between appearances....but maybe for later...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oasis, in a rare bout of rule-breakage, has double posted

Is he lashing out because of some invisible pain?

Is he trying to draw attention to himself

Or has he just lost his edge

either way I think he needs an infraction

Ridley wouldn't accept this
I double post all the dag nab time.
thanks again for telling me, I wouldn't have seen the difference....i wish you could put his Brawl model and Omega Ridley model to see de size difference between appearances....but maybe for later...
It is a great misfortune that I do not know Omega Ridley's size.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Here is my idea of the Ridley trailer
We see Samus fighting Megaman and Mario in the pyrosphere, Samus is losing and just when Mario is about to finish her, he gets killed by a shot of the plasma beam which surprises Megaman who sees anthony (Newcomer image "Anthony treats the ladies") who says "Don't you know how to treat a lady", Samus sees Anthony and says "Anthony" which Anthony smirks and says "Remember me", Megaman shots him a charge shot and Anthony dodges, he smirks and says "You got no style", Samus and Anthony joins to beat Megaman and the trailer stops, Sakurai "this is the new metroid newcomer, Anthony from metroid other m", they continue the trailer and when the fight is about to start Anthony gets stabbed, Samus and megaman see the corpse of anthony shocked and then megaman gets killed by a fireball, Samus sees Ridley who has a evil smirks and then newcomer image "Ridley just trolled you", the trailer stops and Sakurai says "Just kidding"

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
We see Samus fighting Megaman and Mario in the pyrosphere, Samus is losing and just when Mario is about to finish her, he gets killed by a shot of the plasma beam which surprises Megaman who sees anthony who says "Don't you know how to treat a lady", Samus sees Anthony and says "Anthony" which Anthony smirks and says "Remember me", Megaman shots him a charge shot and Anthony dodges, he smirks and says "You got no style", Samus and Anthony joins to beat Megaman and the trailer stops, Sakurai "this is the new metroid newcomer, Anthony from metroid other m", they continue the trailer and when the fight is about to start Anthony gets stabbed, Samus and megaman see the corpse of anthony shocked and then megaman gets killed by a fireball, Samus sees Ridley who has a evil smirks, the trailer stops and Sakurai says "Just kidding"
But I like Anthony...
He was the glimmering light of hope in the dreadfulness of Other M...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
We see Samus fighting Megaman and Mario in the pyrosphere, Samus is losing and just when Mario is about to finish her, he gets killed by a shot of the plasma beam which surprises Megaman who sees anthony (Newcomer image "Anthony gives style to the battle") who says "Don't you know how to treat a lady", Samus sees Anthony and says "Anthony" which Anthony smirks and says "Remember me", Megaman shots him a charge shot and Anthony dodges, he smirks and says "You got no style", Samus and Anthony joins to beat Megaman and the trailer stops, Sakurai "this is the new metroid newcomer, Anthony from metroid other m", they continue the trailer and when the fight is about to start Anthony gets stabbed, Samus and megaman see the corpse of anthony shocked and then megaman gets killed by a fireball, Samus sees Ridley who has a evil smirks and then newcomer image "Ridley just trolled you", the trailer stops and Sakurai says "Just kidding"
I have never played other M, but I would thoroughly enjoy this

mainly because it ends in ridley being playable, and includes sakurai trolling

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
But I like Anthony...
He was the glimmering light of hope in the dreadfulness of Other M...
His sacrifice is necessary has a warning to all people that Sakurai is merciless and will troll every single fanbase in existence, from the ridley base and even the goku base

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
:glare: Don't tell me another pointless argument is about to start. It always ends the same way and the detractors just repeat pointless things like "He's too big!" or like "he was confirmed a hazard/boss already!". And in the end the detractors just keep on saying that with no other evidence to support them. :facepalm:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well, he was.
I think you are having trouble with definitions, my friend. He was heavily implied to be a boss/stage hazard. Take that to mean whatever you will. Let it kill your hope, to let the eventual de-confirmation less painful; or interpret it as another of Sakurai's clever ploys to raise the hype to even greater levels at his eventual reveal.

But don't treat it as a confirmation of any sort.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Many of you dissappoint me, in my days space pirates were known to be merciless and feared, A bpunty hunter just burned your brother alive? They went for revenge without fear, they expected the worst and hoped for the best they were normally killed without any mercy and regretted taking that desicion though but now they give up hope after seeing a vague statement and a shadow, ridley would be dissappointed
He'd might have been more disappointed in some disciples taking the bait earlier from a couple obvious attention seekers that were just there to start a pissing contest.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think you are having trouble with definitions, my friend. He was heavily implied to be a boss/stage hazard. Take that to mean whatever you will. Let it kill your hope, to let the eventual de-confirmation less painful; or interpret it as another of Sakurai's clever ploys to raise the hype to even greater levels at his eventual reveal.

But don't treat it as a confirmation of any sort.

Morbi

Scavenger
We see Samus fighting Megaman and Mario in the pyrosphere, Samus is losing and just when Mario is about to finish her, he gets killed by a shot of the plasma beam which surprises Megaman who sees anthony (Newcomer image "Anthony treats the ladies") who says "Don't you know how to treat a lady", Samus sees Anthony and says "Anthony" which Anthony smirks and says "Remember me", Megaman shots him a charge shot and Anthony dodges, he smirks and says "You got no style", Samus and Anthony joins to beat Megaman and the trailer stops, Sakurai "this is the new metroid newcomer, Anthony from metroid other m", they continue the trailer and when the fight is about to start Anthony gets stabbed, Samus and megaman see the corpse of anthony shocked and then megaman gets killed by a fireball, Samus sees Ridley who has a evil smirks and then newcomer image "Ridley just trolled you", the trailer stops and Sakurai says "Just kidding"
I wouldn't necessarily mind this; but it is blatantly obvious that it would NEVER happen. Why? Because there isn't enough Kirby in the trailer.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wasn't angry..That's just my persona
Your persona is unlikeable.

If it's a persona, then I suggest dropping it.

You're fine if you seriously want to discuss Ridley in a respectful manner, but given your past behavior and some of your posts, it doesn't come off that way.

Last edited:

K41Z0

Smash Cadet
I know this is totally random but do you guys remember the 4 trophies in the direct? What were they?
Tiki from Fire Emblem, Fi from Zelda, Pseudo-Palutena from Kid Icarus, and King Kihunter from Metroid.

These four trophies could be hinting at four possible newcomers:
Chrom, Ghirahim, Palutena, and... Ridley...?

Every does smash trailer does hint / troll at something.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I know this is totally random but do you guys remember the 4 trophies in the direct? What were they?
Tiki from Fire Emblem, Fi from Zelda, Pseudo-Palutena from Kid Icarus, and King Kihunter from Metroid.

These four trophies could be hinting at four possible newcomers:
Chrom, Ghirahim, Palutena, and... Ridley...?

Every does smash trailer does hint / troll at something.
...Trophy Stand confirmed as a playable character.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Ooh, SOMETHING exploded here.

I honestly got so sick of Ridley debates I gave up on the character, and moved all of my support to other characters until the next Smash Bros. comes about. I'd adore to see him, but the anti-Ridley guys out there are just making me angry. "You like this character and want him playable? You're a f***ing idiot for it. He isn't one I want, so therefore your opinion must die!"

So, I'm assuming Ridley won't be playable, but if he is, I'll be hyped.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'd adore to see him, but the anti-Ridley guys out there are just making me angry.
Everyone is annoyed here when toobigots bring up same arguments as before even if they make no sense. Especially arguments like the classic "too big" and rarer examples like "unimportant", "sakurai said its impossible", "he was disconfirmed during pyrosphere reveal/direct already" and something very rare like "he looks stupid", "he doesn`t fits into fightning game (even through brawl hacks and mugen already show that he does)", etc. Was there any other kind of detractors like "toadisagenericguy" (which kinda makes sense to me...), "palutenaispitfinalsmash", "idontrememberthismysteriousblackman" (no offense to everyone...yeah...), "toooverpowered", "toooverrated", "toooverused", "toostupid", etc. Really, is Ridley the only one who is hated that much without even a reason?

Last edited:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
It certainly seems that you've all had quite the...erm...interesting and totally not-at-all time wasting experiences since I left to get hooked on Blazblue: ChronoPhantasma. ...Huh...are there any casualties? Preferably any brain-cells?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It certainly seems that you've all had quite the...erm...interesting and totally not-at-all time wasting experiences since I left to get hooked on Blazblue: ChronoPhantasma. ...Huh...are there any casualties? Preferably any brain-cells?
Unfortunately, no one was promptly shot. What a shame. The only thing that was lost is our...er...i don`t know how its called in english...patience...er...cool...er...i don`t know how its called.

Top Bottom