• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AmaterasuDXandY

Smash Rookie
NNID
CaliforniaPotato
3DS FC
3222-5972-9275
Ridley for Smash is just...wrong. And it will never happen anyway lol

(I am just joking with you, btw)

Why do you think Ridley won't get in? Have you read the OP? It explains our viewpoints on his size and whatnot.
I think other characters are more deserving of a roster spot (Little Mac).

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ridley for Smash is just...wrong. And it will never happen anyway lol
So why are you here?

Deserving?

Ridley has one of the most impressive resumes left.

Little Mac, K.Rool, Dixie, Mii and Mewtwo are the only ones in his league.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ridley is practically the main antagonist of Metroid franchise, one with a tremendous amount of potential. Don't even get me started on how popular of possible newcomer he is. He is also easily the best and most obvious choice for a Metroid newcomer. He is without a shadow of a doubt one of the most deserving and popular characters, and notably, there aren't many very deserving characters left.

And how would the inclusion of characters like Little Mac affect Ridley's chances in any way?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I just have a gut feeling that Ridley's going to be unlockable.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Has literally dedicated 50% of his total posts to coming here and trolling. And he double-posts in the process.

People, he does not deserve any recognition, let alone actually replying seriously to his troll attempts.
but he only has 8 posts. that means he only really posted here like 4 times. he could totally turn around maybe

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If anything, Little Mac INCREASES Ridley's chances of getting in, because not only does that indicate Sakurai is willing to change his mind on whether certain characters should be playable, but that they're both acknowledged by Japanese fans as extremely popular requests from overseas.

D

Deleted member

A Drilbur dares to be threatening?
Step back guys, I got this. Even at a type disadvantage I can still win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
but he only has 8 posts. that means he only really posted here like 4 times. he could totally turn around maybe
My point is to act like that within less than 10 posts, on the FIRST day of the account's creation, clearly means the guy has no tact whatsoever. At the least.

I could give all my respect to a user who's post count is ONE if that post is respectable enough. I can over look a couple of innocently bad posts. But immediate and deliberately antagonistic posts right from the get go tells me just about ever thing I need to know about the guy's motives and intentions (btw it's not even the 4 bad posts here. He also happened to immediately make a threat about Amaterasu. On the General Smash Wii U board. Dude's not trying at all to be decent).

This doesn't mean he can't turn it around. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but this is not one of those times.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm expecting not to see Ridley until either very close to release or post-release. He's the kind of character who makes people keep on following the game, blowing such a bigshot too early wouldn't be too good. You can argue that's why Dedede, Sonic and Olimar were saved 'till last on the Brawl Dojo too, though of course there was a long wait in between Olimar and release because of the delay.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Uhh, yeah, that was the main "counter-argument" as it is so delicately put. Olimar's confirmation was considered as going into Ridley's favor, but alas.

These days people are just grasping at straws when talking about Olimar in relation to Ridley by going into details that I'm sure that Sakurai hasn't even thought of.

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652
Personally, I would like to see Ridley in. I can't see why not, especially with Pyrosphere as a stage, Metroid could do with another rep and the possibility of resizing, similar to Olimar for Brawl. If I was going to make an estimate, I would say Ridley could be announced towards SSB4's release.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Personally, I would like to see Ridley in. I can't see why not, especially with Pyrosphere as a stage, Metroid could do with another rep and the possibility of resizing, similar to Olimar for Brawl. If I was going to make an estimate, I would say Ridley could be announced towards SSB4's release.
I like him. He can stay.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Welcome, and:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
We're officially in another year where we'll learn of Ridley's fate in yet another Smash Bros. game. Let's hope it goes better than 2008.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ridley is too big for 2014 confirmed.

But on a serious note, I don't think Ridley is too big and with resizing Olimar in Brawl, I'd say resizing Ridley is very much possible.
But they scaled Olimar up

If they scale Ridley up he'd be way too big

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Welcome to Smash Boards. And good to see another Ridley supporter on the boards. So, anyone want to pick their favorite Ridley theme? Mine would be the Super Metroid and Metroid Prime themes. Actually, Brawl's is one of the best too.

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652
Welcome to Smash Boards. And good to see another Ridley supporter on the boards. So, anyone want to pick their favorite Ridley theme? Mine would be the Super Metroid and Metroid Prime themes. Actually, Brawl's is one of the best too.
Thanks! For me, it's Meta Ridley's theme from Prime 1. Super Metroid comes a close second.

Top Bottom