• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Charizard is about the right size. Falco should be taller than him if going by canon.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Well, Ridley...

What if at Pax East Sakurai reveals a newcomer, and at the end there is a teaser that says next time at E3, you hear Ridley's theme. And then Retro reveals a new Metroid teaser with Ridley as the main villain, and he is revealed in SSB4?

That is what i call a dream.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Generally speaking, heavyweight characters are not very big in the projectiles or aerial maneuverability. Ridley would be something of an "artillery" character, with possibly unique mechanics pertaining to aerial grabs or his tail.

And also I dunno about you guys, but if they cut Zero Suit Samus and we got Ridley instead, I wouldn't complain. Sure I'd prefer if we kept unique characters in Smash, but it bugs me that we essentially got an alternate costume with a unique moveset over the main antagonist of the series.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Don't mean to be rude, but what does Ridley offer as a character again?

High Profile, Villain, Western Rep, Giving Metroid a long deserved 2nd rep

Gameplay wise, I see rushdown a la C Falcon, but far more aerial and a weaker ground game

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Don't mean to be rude, but what does Ridley offer as a character again?

If he's done right he can be a heavy character that mostly revolves around mid-air combat. He could also end up as a glass cannon character too.

But if Ridley was rushed, he could just be a Charizard clone. Not that I want that to happen. Kind of like Ganon should be a powerful Warlock with dark magic, he's kinda like that. But he ended up as a Falcon clone.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Sakurai most know about this site or something because the amount of trolling is crazy. If Ridley was a stage hazard, he'd most likely be revealed by now. With the amount of pics from that stage and no Ridley, it really brings my hopes up for him being part of the roster. I guess he's waiting for that special day to reveal something about his status, anything would be helpful. Even (as it saddens me to even think on it) if he confirms him, it's better than the suspense of not knowing anything. Here's hoping that the last part doesn't matter and he's confirmed before the game is released.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
If he's done right he can be a heavy character that mostly revolves around mid-air combat. He could also end up as a glass cannon character too.

But if Ridley was rushed, he could just be a Charizard clone. Not that I want that to happen. Kind of like Ganon should be a powerful Warlock with dark magic, he's kinda like that. But he ended up as a Falcon clone.
Much as I hate to say it, I'd take even a Charizard clone Ridley over DoAStage Hazardley. Even if Ridley's phire works pretty much the same way as Charizard's as a clone, I'm sure Sakurai would find a way to make it feel different in a cool way (mainly appearance-wise) like how the Warlock Punch contrasts to the Falcon Punch. Seeing Ridley materialize a rock when using Rock Smash like Charizard would be pretty damn stupid though. That'd be the worst part of it, if he was a clone.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Much as I hate to say it, I'd take even a Charizard clone Ridley over DoAStage Hazardley. Even if Ridley's phire works pretty much the same way as Charizard's as a clone, I'm sure Sakurai would find a way to make it feel different in a cool way (mainly appearance-wise) like how the Warlock Punch contrasts to the Falcon Punch. Seeing Ridley materialize a rock when using Rock Smash like Charizard would be pretty damn stupid though. That'd be the worst part of it, if he was a clone.

Semi-Clone, give him a command grab and a unique Down-B. Again, not that I would actually want that though. Just that it could happen. It's sort of the worst of the worst if Ridley does indeed become playable.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
No matter what they use, at least Ridley would have an actual Down-B attack unlike Charizard which simply switches it out. :p But yeah, was only talking like if a clone/semi-clone Ridley were to happen. Not that I'd want it either.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
No matter what they use, at least Ridley would have an actual Down-B attack unlike Charizard which simply switches it out. :p But yeah, was only talking like if a clone/semi-clone Ridley were to happen. Not that I'd want it either.

And a new Final Smash. So yeah, he'd have something going for him. If he was forced to become a clone.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Here's hoping that the last part doesn't matter and he's confirmed before the game is released.
Sakurai's enough of a troll to not reveal him before the game is released. That might be cool though, depending on when you get it you could unlock him without ever knowing if he was playable. I think that would just people to lose their ****ing minds.

Though, that's not very realistic.

JediLink

Smash Ace
So guys...
Q1: What it will be your reaction if Ridley gets finally confirmed in?

Q2: Reaction if he gets confirmed as a stage hazard?

Q3: Reaction if Sakurai uses "TOO BIG" argument again?

Q4: If Ridley is neither confirmed or deconfirmed, but Dark Samus gets revealed, it will ruins his chances?

Q5: Reaction if BOTH Ridley and Dark Samus gets confirmed in the same trailer...

D

Deleted member

Not sure it's so much as Ridley she's looking at as it is she's got the look of violation considering the naughty thing Rosalina did.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Semi-Clone, give him a command grab and a unique Down-B. Again, not that I would actually want that though. Just that it could happen. It's sort of the worst of the worst if Ridley does indeed become playable.

Ah no... that would be involving those Other M Ridley larval stages in order to "solve" any issues about Ridley's size, delegating the form we all want to play as to Final Smash status.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ah no... that would be involving those Other M Ridley larval stages in order to "solve" any issues about Ridley's size, delegating the form we all want to play as to Final Smash status.

Good point. Second worst option then?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Due to the ever-increasing amount of female newcomers, there is no way Ridley will be passed over by Sakurai thanks to his large chest and tiny waist.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Ew Ridley he too phat I rather have gandrayda she can morph into any organism that she knows.. She morphed into Samus in metroid prime corruptions also in the same fight she turned into Ridley. So gandrayda can replace Samus,Zss and Ridley.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Ew Ridley he too phat I rather have gandrayda she can morph into any organism that she knows.. She morphed into Samus in metroid prime corruptions also in the same fight she turned into Ridley. So gandrayda can replace Samus,Zss and Ridley.
we might as well put in dodongo from zelda or regirock from pokemon. He is not going to put in a one time obscure villian when there is already a clear villian to choose.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Gandrayda doesn't turn into Ridley. She turns into the Berserker Lord, a flying Space Pirate, a Swarmbot, Ghor, Rundas and Samus. Plus, Gandrayda is really just a nobody, sure she has a role in Corruption, but it's not imporant enough to leave an impact on Metroid as a series, no other Hunter than Samus has that.

For Metroid it's Ridley or bust. He's the only one who people have requested to a noticeable degree, and he's by far the most important character in the franchise other than Samus.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
You seem to be implying dodongos aren't important recurring enemies. With that avatar, I'd expect you to be an expert on them. Shame on you.
Dodongo's are in zelda a fair amount, but that doesn't mean they have any chance in smash

Top Bottom