• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I agree, as a general statement about Sakurai. Though, he apparently does care about Ridley's portrayal being accurate. All one has to do is replay either of the two Ridley boss battles in Brawl. That is largely why I'm doubtful..
RIDLEY WASN'T EVEN THE SAME SIZE IN THOSE TWO BOSS BATTLES!!!!! Accurate my ass.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You sound like a Team Rocket member with tourette syndrome. Begone, simpleton.
What do you sound like, Mr. "Harbinger of unfortunate truths even though I'm saying what has been said, and laughed at, countless times before over the past half decade."

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh, so you're making fun of people with disorders now. That's adorable. What a cute middle school snot nosed fake Brawl competitive player you are.
And this is where things always start to get weird on Smashboards.
This is where I let you all know that I AM THE BEST!!! MEN OF MOONKNIGHT, REPRESENT THE RIDLEYS!!!!

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
As much as I love Ridley and want to see him in Smash and THINK HE DESERVES TO BE IN SMASH AND SCALED DOWN AND WHATNOT, it's a little early to sound so sure of yourselves. We have nothing to go off of, and I just have a bad feeling that Ridley isn't going to pop up tomorrow.

This is where I let you all know that I AM THE BEST!!! MEN OF MOONKNIGHT, REPRESENT THE RIDLEYS!!!!
And yet, I'm somehow enjoying it.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
As much as I love Ridley and want to see him in Smash and THINK HE DESERVES TO BE IN SMASH AND SCALED DOWN AND WHATNOT, it's a little early to sound so sure of yourselves. We have nothing to go off of, and I just have a bad feeling that Ridley isn't going to pop up tomorrow.
Yeah. Ridley isn't as unlikely as the haters say, but lets not get ahead of ourselves, Sakurai could very well pass over Ridley again this time. Though I can guarantee if he does it won't be for some bull$h1t reason like size.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Coming from someone that actually played Super Metroid back when it was originally released, size was never a part of what made Ridley intimidating. That was more the realm of Kraid and possibly Mother Brain's second form.

I don't think I have seen really anyone else aside from the Ridley detractors say size is what makes Ridley intimidating. I would sure as hell be intimidated by Ridley even if he were human sized, and I am sure everyone else here would.

I agree with you, though I definitely have seen Too Biggers saying that they prefer Ridley as a boss because they like him too much to see him "demoted". I definitely think he can be faithfully reproduced as a character, though... I mean, honestly, Samus always wins, so it's not like Ridley actually is an insanely powerful god. Heck, I bet in a lot of the games Samus actually does more damage and has more health than Ridley...

So, yeah. To me, size is not what defines Ridley at all. He's fast, he's smart, and he's cruel... but that's just my opinion, everyone's free to their own.

Question to draw away from the endless bickering...

Do people want Ridley to ever be voice acted and have dialogue in the Metroid games?

D

Deleted member

K. Rool is too big for Smash guys.
He can't be scaled down since he'd look awkward if his belly wasn't bigger than DK's entire body. :laugh:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

I'm surprised you can use the word simpleton correctly, honestly, as a noun. I half-expected you to use it as a helping verb.

If developers cared about canon, the Sonic universe's moon would still be blown in half.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't think Ridley will be revealed tomorrow (I think K. Rool will be), but I do think Ridley is all but confirmed for Smash Wii U and/or Smash 3DS.
And yet, I'm somehow enjoying it.
Well ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the elderly and the young, the Earthlings and the aliens, it's time for your main course of entertainment. And let me just tell you right now, that you've chosen the right entertainment, and it will be so amazing, it will give you chills up and down your spine, and it will be simply divine as you watch your champ shine in primetime.

And that main course is me, the champ, and I carry the Ridley fanbase lamp, and soon I hope to get a Ridley shaved head stamp. I will destroy all opposing tramps, I will make their souls sad and damp, I will burn them as they camp, I don't care if their name is Kennedy or Kamp, I wilI make their souls cramp, and in the end I'll be smashing their bodies wreckless on a ramp!!!

M15t3R E

Smash Master
They are trolls from GameFAQs. Of course they are difficult to understand.

Though I suppose us scaling down to understand their logic is more difficult than them scaling up to understand our arguments. :troll:
I don't even have an account on GameFAQs even though I've used it countless time. Your detractors are more than just a few people posting in every forum. I've already explained why scaling down and scaling up are quite different. You, as a Ridley hopeful, aren't going to grant any of my points publicly. That is to be expected.
The only thing Ridley has going for it is that it has a strong backing by fans and the Metroid series could use a new character. There are more Metroid characters to choose from, however. Sakurai has already demonstrated that he wants Ridley to remain true to his massive, intimidating form as depicted in the Metroid series by implementing him in TWO boss battles. They would have to say to hell with Brawl boss battles and with Metroid depiction in order to cater to the Ridley crowd.
That said, Ridley could be a newcomer- it would just be asinine and illogical to say the least and I would be surprised. Only time will tell. Not much time left, fortunately. We'll see soon.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yeah. Ridley isn't as unlikely as the haters say, but lets not get ahead of ourselves, Sakurai could very well pass over Ridley again this time. Though I can guarantee if he does it won't be for some bull$h1t reason like size.
I guarantee you all (GUARANTEE) that we are going to get at least one of these three characters tomorrow:
1. Ridley
2. Little Mac
3. K. Rool

Ridley can be passed over either because Sakurai thinks K. Rool makes a better villain to show off, or that Little Mac appeals to the Western crowd better.

I think Ridley does both which is why he makes such a good choice for the unveil, but we are just going to in the words of Sakurai, have to wait just a bit longer, in order to find out whether Ridley will be among the first newcomers.

I do think we are definitely getting Takamaru (the stars are lining up perfectly for him). However, other possible likely choices for the trailer all have possible attributes for why they may be passed on (for example, Palutena could be passed on because Sakurai has another female newcomer in mind for the unveil).

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Well ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the elderly and the young, the Earthlings and the aliens, it's time for your main course of entertainment. And let me just tell you right now, that you've chosen the right entertainment, and it will be so amazing, it will give you chills up and down your spine, and it will be simply divine as you watch your champ shine in primetime.

And that main course is me, the champ, and I carry the Ridley fanbase lamp, and soon I hope to get a Ridley shaved head stamp. I will destroy all opposing tramps, I will make their souls sad and damp, I will burn them as they camp, I don't care if their name is Kennedy or Kamp, I wilI make their souls cramp, and in the end I'll be smashing their bodies wreckless on a ramp!!!
All right, everybody go home. Johnknight1 just won E3.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I've already explained why scaling down and scaling up are quite different.
No you didn't. You just said they were different, an then gave a flimsy subjective reason without backing it up with any sort of evidence or proof that your claim was true.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
No you didn't. You just said they were different, an then gave a flimsy subjective reason without backing it up with any sort of evidence or proof that your claim was true.
But dude, he said a thing. You can't say more things after that. You might make his thing feel bad.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
All right, everybody go home. Johnknight1 just won E3.
*bows to Kirbunny431*
Thank you very much.
Just remember, that when you're this good, they have a name for you.
AND THAT NAME IS JOHN C KNIGHT ONNNE WATSON!!! :shades:
AND WHEN I COME TO GIVE YOU ENTERTAINMENT... I BRING IT!!!

*grabs that one n00b Ridley hater guy*
*gives him a kiss*
*unzips the back and reveals it's Ridley*
*how do you feel about that purple=???* :troll:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I don't even have an account on GameFAQs even though I've used it countless time. Your detractors are more than just a few people posting in every forum. I've already explained why scaling down and scaling up are quite different. You, as a Ridley hopeful, aren't going to grant any of my points publicly. That is to be expected.
The only thing Ridley has going for it is that it has a strong backing by fans and the Metroid series could use a new character. There are more Metroid characters to choose from, however. Sakurai has already demonstrated that he wants Ridley to remain true to his massive, intimidating form as depicted in the Metroid series by implementing him in TWO boss battles. They would have to say to hell with Brawl boss battles and with Metroid depiction in order to cater to the Ridley crowd.
That said, Ridley could be a newcomer- it would just be asinine and illogical to say the least and I would be surprised. Only time will tell. Not much time left, fortunately. We'll see soon.

We actually have until the game comes out. Not just the 9 hours left until the Direct.

What other Metroid characters do we have that have as much of an impact, role, or repeated appearance as Ridley?

And I'm sure you're aware that Ridley was originally going to be an Assist Trophy. Not a boss.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If Johnknight1 shaves his head to celebrate Ridley's unveil, I will upvote the post where he posts the pic of his shaved head, and I never upvote posts.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
We actually have until the game comes out. Not just the 9 hours left until the Direct.

What other Metroid characters do we have that have as much of an impact, role, or repeated appearance as Ridley?

And I'm sure you're aware that Ridley was originally going to be an Assist Trophy. Not a boss.
You know what=???

Just for that, you can have your championship belt back.

*lays it at Poppy's feet*

Now, for a moment, let's forget about that crap, and give this punk a wake up smack that hurts like a smash attack, and makes him hurt like he was road killed by a Cadillac.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Oh, so you're making fun of people with disorders now. That's adorable. What a cute middle school snot nosed fake Brawl competitive player you are.

I take it back. You sound like Killer Bee after having a lobotomy.

D

Deleted member

Wow, this thread is sure is erupting in activity.

Now I am finally getting a taste of all of this drama that is fixing to go down.

This is it people. The last stretch is finally about to begin.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Funny, cause they scaled down fox (who is 5'8"), and he's barely taller then pikachu

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And you sound uninformed. You haven't even addressed several of the counterpoints provided.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
And your man part is probably smaller than a killer bee, and you'll be in pain after I break your knee.

You see, when I go for the smash, my opponents get slashed, and after they get slashed, their bodies get thrashed, and after they get trashed, they tell me that was a weak clash, which by the way, that will be the title of the next smash, and I'd be willing to say that and bet on that, like I got mad cash.
Wow, this thread is sure is erupting in activity.

Now I am finally getting a taste of all of this drama that is fixing to go down.

This is it people. The last stretch is finally about to begin.
100 pages... complete!!!

D

Deleted member

You know, I am actually starting to get hyped for Ridley just because of how bad*** he looks and that it would be great to finally see Ridley detractors look embarrassed should he be at E3.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If Johnknight1 shaves his head to celebrate Ridley's unveil, I will upvote the post where he posts the pic of his shaved head, and I never upvote posts.
I'll post a picture. I already got a picture of me from a few weeks ago here for you to see, and as you can see, I have a large amount of hair.
You know, I am actually starting to get hyped for Ridley just because of how bad*** he looks and that it would be great to finally see Ridley detractors look embarrassed should he be at E3.
How does it feel to fight for the champ, who will beat any tramp, no matter their camp=???

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Funny, cause they scaled down fox (who is 5'8"), and he's barely taller then pikachu
Fox is already human-sized and is still taller than Mario. There's an inconspicuous difference there. To think scaling down Ridley would be on the same level as for Fox is absurd.

And you sound uninformed. You haven't even addressed several of the counterpoints provided.
Such as? I'm still waiting for some of my points to be answered as well. I could say the same about the Ridley crowd here. It's all fandom hype with no substance or logic.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
btw, king dedede is about 1 and 1/2 feet, ganondorf is 7 and 1/2 feet, and bowser is about 10 feet, yet low and behold they're the same size

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Fox is already human-sized and is still taller than Mario. There's an inconspicuous difference there. To think scaling down Ridley would be on the same level as for Fox is absurd.
You mean the same space animal that, like all the other space animals, has no legs=??? (at least in the man's game!!!)
btw, king dedede is about 1 and 1/2 feet, ganondorf is 7 and 1/2 feet, and bowser is about 10 feet, yet low and behold they're the same size
Bowser has been at least 100 feet tall before as well in Super Mario Sunshine (and don't pull that bullcrap spin-off game crap on me).

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion

That's because cannon size doesn't matter at allllllll, only relative sizes when characters from the same universe are brought in.

Hey, one good thing about the bickering... we're gonna reach page 100 before the trailer! Woo!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Such as? I'm still waiting for some of my points to be answered as well. I could say the same about the Ridley crowd here. It's all fandom hype with no substance or logic.
How about my argument about Ridley not even being the same size in the two boss battles earlier? Just an example.

EDIT: 100 pages! We will get there!

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
definition of a humanoid

something that has an appearance resembling a human being. The term first appeared in 1912 to refer to fossils which were morphologically similar to, but not identical with, those of the human skeleton.[1] Although this usage was common in the sciences for much of the 20th century, it is now considered rare.[1] More generally, the term can refer to anything with uniquely human characteristics and/or adaptations, such as possessing opposable appendage (thumbs) or the ability to walk in an upright position.

funny, cause ridley does have thumbs, and it can walk

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

How about my point that Ridley was going to be an Assist Trophy originally, not a boss?

And I honestly think we've given you more than enough counter-arguments, you just seem to have problems thinking and listening properly.

Volodya

Smash Apprentice
I think I've found the objective truth here.
You will not convince the other side. No matter who you are. Or rather, what you support.

Top Bottom