• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But...but Kraid is MUCH bigger than Ridley. ;_;

If Kraid got in as a fighter, I'd just assume it would be the False Kraid from Super Metroid that is fought before the real one.
And they could just call it Kraid.

Since Kraid HAS been that small before.

Surely False Kraid is the same species as Kraid, his species can be that small

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
And they could just call it Kraid.

Since Kraid HAS been that small before.

Surely False Kraid is the same species as Kraid, his species can be that small

I've always assumed that the false Kraids were just the hermaphroditic Kraid's babies. OR, or, Kraid is actually the final evolution of Ridley's race. Kraid is in fact just Ridley's old papa (and the false kraids are just, um, *******.)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
But would false Kraid have the same moves as the regular one? I don't recall the little one in Super having the belly spikes and such, for instance.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
On a more serious note, I guess you could just merge all the Kraid-related posts in this thread with that other one. Would be less cluttered and stuff. That's up to you though.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Not really, because we want to keep our character threads segregated. Plus, there probably is a Metroid character discussion thread.

But while we're on the topic of size... RIDLEY IS TOO BIG...

...TO NOT BE PLAYABLE IN SMASH!!!!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh great. Those two are here....

Anyways. Anyone make a complete Ridley moveset?

I may make one of those these days.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Not really, because we want to keep our character threads segregated. Plus, there probably is a Metroid character discussion thread.
Fair enough. Sadly though there is a general discussion thread for Metroid characters somewhere in the midst, which mostly had mention of those certain other hunters, a random Space Pirate that isn't Ridley, a generic GF Trooper, and other fodder of the like.

Anyways. Anyone make a complete Ridley moveset?

I may make one of those these days.
I did at one point, though I'd dare not post that outdated thing here.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I agree except for the Dark Samus part.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I remember running the Dark Samus hype threads back in pre-Brawl days. While I don't think she's exactly relevant anymore, still would support her. Especially over any random Hunter (Noxus4lyfe, you mongrels), but definitely not above Ridley...maybe Kraid.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
We sure got off the topic of Ridley pretty quickly again. ;)

I do really hope he's in the reveal trailer... but I don't think he will be. While I'm pretty confident that he'll be getting in, it'll be kind of stressful if he isn't revealed fairly early on.

Edit: I wish one of the other hunters was actually a Zebesian, not just an android of random Space Pirate origin. I suppose the Zebesians aren't considered intelligent enough to act independently, though?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Dawn of the First Day

72 HOURS REMAIN

We are nearing the end here. I hope everyone here is crossing their fingers for Ridley to show up. I don't know what Sakurai has planned, but in a few days a few character fanbases are going to be celebrating. Hopefully, the Ridley fanbase will be among them.

To think at this point we are counting down the hours until Smash 4's unveil.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
But would false Kraid have the same moves as the regular one? I don't recall the little one in Super having the belly spikes and such, for instance.
Given that I actually played Super Metroid earlier this week (I mentioned it was my first time ever playing Super Metroid). Yes, False Kraid do have belly spikes too.

I was thinking it would be humorous if Ridley was too big in the trailer and he's attacking the veterans and newcomers, and after it's confirmed that Toad is a newcomer, Toad throws a Poison or Mini Mushroom at Ridley. Ridley shrinks and then it's confirmed that Ridley is a newcomer too. :awesome:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I remember running the Dark Samus hype threads back in pre-Brawl days. While I don't think she's exactly relevant anymore, still would support her. Especially over any random Hunter (Noxus4lyfe, you mongrels), but definitely not above Ridley...maybe Kraid.
I remember you on those threads too, and I remember being apart of the Dark Samus hype group too, but now, war smash bros speculation has changed. We have too many characters that should be (K. Rool, Mega Man, Isaac, Shulk, Ridley, and Mewtwo) to go make a spot for a character that we we may never see again.

I mean seriously, most of us who wanted Dark Samus assumed we'd get AT LEAST 45 playable characters, and that Ridley was definitely among them. Now that we're all being realistic (expecting anywhere from 45-55 playable characters mostly), we realize how coveted each new roster spot is.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045

Actually convinced a few people in my debate after copying this picture from the original poster some pages back. Sorry the name escapes me.

Nintendo is really watching this E3 miiverse thread, as well as their twitter and facebook. If there was ever a time to bombard Nintendo with requests it is now. Who knows if Sakurai's team is just waiting for that final blast of requests for a character not included yet.

Tuesday is going to be amazing! While I certainly don't expect a Ridley reveal i'll be carefully holding my breath for every dojo announcement and then the eventual release.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
war smash bros speculation has changed. We have too many characters that should be (K. Rool, Mega Man, Isaac, Shulk, Ridley, and Mewtwo) to go make a spot for a character that we we may never see again.
War never changes. :sasukexumbreon:

I mean seriously, most of us who wanted Dark Samus assumed we'd get AT LEAST 45 playable characters, and that Ridley was definitely among them. Now that we're all being realistic (expecting anywhere from 45-55 playable characters mostly), we realize how coveted each new roster spot is.

Yeah, I see your point. I honestly want to wait to see the trailer/wait for the after-hype to deduce how many characters we're getting.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I love Crocomire actually, lol. I kept wishing he was an Assist Trophy pre-Brawl. Wanted him to be like a big Piplup that when he fell off the edge, his bones would fly up and you could throw them around... His skull would be heavy like a crate...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sporting the Omega Ridley avatar now. Also finished Super Metroid today at a time of 2:14, not anything spectacular at all, but pretty decent considering I also got 64% items. Made some mistakes that forced me to backtrack a little too much though.

We're getting so close now.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
At least you didn't miss the Charge Beam on your first playthrough.
I had played Zero Mission and Fusion prior to my first SM playthrough, so I had already gotten the explorer gene in me. Can't imagine going through the game without the Charge Beam, maybe I should try it at some point as some kind of fun challenge.

This playthrough I missed the Power Bomb, so I had to backtrack all the way from Crocomire's place back to the Brinstar-Crateria border, and then back again. I hate when such silly mistakes happen in a game that you should be able to stroll through as naturally as it is to breath.

Also, a funny note. When I killed Ridley in SM he didn't get to grab me like he usually does, he simply decided to explode mid-air. If it concerns Ridley I'm open to being as superstitious as possible.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
War never changes. :sasukexumbreon:
Sadly, neither do the "RIDLEY IS TOO BIG" arguments... until I made it "RIDLEY IS TOO BIG NOT TO BE PLAYABLE IN SMASH!!!" :shades:
Yeah, I see your point. I honestly want to wait to see the trailer/wait for the after-hype to deduce how many characters we're getting.
We could always mod it up... or wait until Smash 6! :grin:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
MISSING THE CHARGE BEAM IS NOT FUN. I did that on my first playthrough, and I just could not beat Mother Brain without it. I started over from the beginning.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I still havent played Super Metroid/Zero Mission/Fusion....i feel so awful about it.....
Super Metroid is my favorite game, only the first Metroid Prime and Brawl comes close. Zero Mission is also one of my favorites, where as Fusion, while a great game, isn't in the same league as the others in my opinion.

I'd say give Super Metroid a chance in whatever way you can as soon as you can, but try to avoid playing it on an emulator with a keyboard, totally ruins the experience. I'm emulating it on my Wii via SD Card.

Top Bottom