• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

1. Ridley isn't just a fire breathing dragon, but a technological and theoretical genius, a power-hungry leader, and a powerful foe who relies on his wits as well as his power.
If you want to get into the details about his character, then your claim of Waluigi being "a failed Luigi and Wario clone with no ounce of originality" is flawed in itself as Waluigi shares no characteristics between them other than name and appearance.
In personality terms:
-Luigi is timid and cowardly yet heroic, and self-conscious from living in Mario's shadow.
-Wario is greedy, lazy, unhygienic, aggressive, and narcissistic.
-Waluigi is spiteful, quick-tempered (yes, far more so than Wario), self-pitying, overconfident, and vain.

It terms of abilities:
-Luigi is pretty much a variant of Mario's abilities.
-Wario's got his wrestling-styled moves (which require a great deal of muscle and weight) and flatulence. (As well as his near invulnerability and reactions to certain injuries)
-Waluigi has....pretty random ****. Tornado spawning, gravity defiance (air swimming), purple vine spawning, teleporting, long powerful legs, etc.

So going by that, Waluigi isn't just some "copy".

Also, Ridley pre-dates Charizard by a decade, and on top of that, his physical composition is totally different.
"Totally different". The two have near the same body frame outside of tiny details.
If Waluigi is just another "Luigi/Wario" despite not having a matching body frame, then it his hypocritical to say Ridley is "totally" different from Charizard.

As for Charizard, his thoughts are much more childish, and he's just a turtle, whereas Ridley is a dragon/pterodactyl thingy, as well as a much more... menacing villain, who, you know, actually kills stuff, instead of merely kidnapping a princess=???
You mean Bowser here, don't you?
Aside from that, I'm drawing the comparison of both being big monstrous creatures that breathe fire and tear opponents up with claws. Like it or not, Ridley can easily be a Bowser semi-clone and make sense doing it (replacing all shell attacks of course since Ridley obviously lacks a shell).

Baby want a bottle, a big dirt bottle?

I'm sorry that I'm not some weenie that puts every character on the same level when the vast majority of suggestions are trash and are just plain not going to happen. It's equally foolish to entertain such small possibilities, especially when they hold little meaning. I am right, as far as I can tell, and if I am wrong, it really doesn't matter. I'm not going to be crying about it like you are now.
Says the one who supports Sukapon.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Sukapon will never happen, but at least he's not trash...

(that shade of purple is supposed to be for Waluigi and not Ridley)

D

Deleted member

So a maid, Guile, and an Entei walk into a bar. Guile says "Waluigi is trash, his fans are stupid, and he will never be in Smash."

The rest of the joke involves Entei being assaulted by the maid and Guile for the sin of being a Waluigi supporter.
Fixed for accuracy.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My reaction to Golden saying "Ridley could be a Bowser semi-clone"...​
My brain hurts from the amount of fails I just experienced.​

Edit: SEE GUYS!!!! Even Golden know it's a sin to be a Waluigi for Smash Wii U and/or 3DS supporter!!! :awesome: :troll :shades:

D

Deleted member

Fix'd for real accuracy. :troll:
Except that I'm actually being civil this time.
Which even I find strange...

My reaction to Golden saying "Ridley could be a Bowser semi-clone"...​
My brain hurts from the amount of fails I just experienced.​

Edit: SEE GUYS!!!! Even Golden know it's a sin to be a Waluigi for Smash Wii U and/or 3DS supporter!!! :awesome: :troll :shades:
Better be from the failure to grasp that it can happen.
So long as Captain Ganon exists in some medium within this universe, Ridley copying Bowser outside of shell attacks is not that farfetched.
If you really can't see how, then I question how you can pass judgments on anyone, really.

EDIT: And even then, I'm not saying it's likely Ridley would copy Bowser. Just that it is a possibility.
Apparently stating a possibility is also a sin if JohnKnight disagrees.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Alright, I had my fair share of watching the world burn though frankly I like my worlds broiled and I think we should wrap up this senseless arguing.

Golden, I commend you for being civil about this. I'm not on your side in terms of Waluigi vs Ridley, but I can see you're definitely being mature about how you argue. That much I can give you. Arguing about how Ridley would be a clone and isn't likely to happen in the Ridley thread, however, is a pretty crass action. You can raise all the points you want, but you won't be winning any arguments on part of how more people are going to be against you than with you. You're better off just letting Oasis and Johnknight wallow in their own sense of victory.

As for the maid, don't get me wrong, I'm on your side. I don't see Waluigi happening myself frankly, but the way you're going about this argument... Name calling? The whole cry-some-more shtick? Really, it's embarrassing for me to say we share the same view reading all of that. Earn your victory before you call out the losers, please. We know Golden is defending Waluigi for the sake of defending Waluigi. Let's not make a war out of that.

Guile... You were mainly just a catalyst in all this, I guess.

My point being that the three of you can agree on several things. We're in support of purple, villainous characters that have been around for more than 10 years. We know neither of them have exactly 100% free tickets into Smash Bros. considering Sakurai's views on them from before. And we know that at least one person in this room is wrong. Can we settle on that?

I just want the thread to go back to normal. Stop talking about this now. Please?

D

Deleted member

Golden, I commend you for being civil about this. I'm not on your side in terms of Waluigi vs Ridley, but I can see you're definitely being mature about how you argue. That much I can give you. Arguing about how Ridley would be a clone and isn't likely to work in the Ridley thread, however, is a pretty crass action. You can raise all the points you want, but you won't be winning any arguments on part of how more people are going to be against you than with you. You're better off just letting Oasis and Johnknight wallow in their own sense of victory.
Except I never argued Ridley would be a clone and isn't likely to work. -_-

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I fixed my wording before you had even posted that. That's besides the point. You know as well as I do that Oasis isn't going to change his mind. Ending the banter with him doesn't make you the loser, it just makes you the first one to realize how pointless all this bickering is. They won't shut up until you do. Could you end this maturely so the others have example to follow?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I like Ridley, and think he's really cool. So there.

:happysheep: :happysheep: :shades:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Now guys, let's not start anything here in the thread.

We can agree that they're both purple, right? That's a cool color! Purple! Guys?! GUYS?!

PURPLE GUYS

WE ALL LOVE PURPLE OKAY

OKAY?!
I'm more fond of indigo. But since you silly mortal's can't read this on the black forum skin, I use varying shades of it.

Also, I've never actually met Sakurai, therefore I don't pretend to know what he thinks. I do think Waluigi has a distinct possibility as a new Mario representative, if nothing else (anyone saying Wario knows damn well they're kidding themselves, unless he has a Jimmy T alt). I've always been one to think "he more the merrier" and all that, so I honestly wouldn't mind either way if he's in or not.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
As for the maid, don't get me wrong, I'm on your side. I don't see Waluigi happening myself frankly, but the way you're going about this argument... Name calling? The whole cry-some-more shtick? Really, it's embarrassing for me to say we share the same view reading all of that. Earn your victory before you call out the losers, please. We know Golden is defending Waluigi for the sake of defending Waluigi. Let's not make a war out of that.
Not interested.

D

Deleted member

I've already stopped with Oasis. It's JohnKnight that remains.
But seeing as he'd rather insult me than give a reasonable debate at this point, there really is no point in continuing.
So I'll just post this and be done:

...In which I feel that Ridley as a size up from the competition would be fine if it was like Melee G-Bowser compared to the cast and not Brawl G-Bowser.
That, and 6-player fights should be allowed. :p

(And btw, your wording is the same as it was when I quoted)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hmmm. I feel that, at the very largest, Ridley should be re-sized to be slightly smaller Melee Giga-Bowser. And at the very smallest, about the size of Regular Bowser.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
You saw how beat up Giga Bowser was in that fight, though. I'm much more in favor of Bowser's size, considering Bowser is already a huge character and is still considered a punching-bag for many characters with combos. Unless Ridley has good spacing moves, it'd be pretty important for Ridley to come in Bowser size, lest we want to see him end up in lower-tiers.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

I leave this thread for ONE DAY!

*sigh* I hope he's revealed sooner rather than later if he's in. That way we've got more time to rub it in people's faces :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A mustachioed plumber vs a dragon?

I have a solution:

Introducing,
WARIDLEY
(FanArt coming soon.)

:wario:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You saw how beat up Giga Bowser was in that fight, though. I'm much more in favor of Bowser's size, considering Bowser is already a huge character and is still considered a punching-bag for many characters with combos. Unless Ridley has good spacing moves, it'd be pretty important for Ridley to come in Bowser size, lest we want to see him end up in lower-tiers.
To be fair, Giga Bowser also had to fight against five other people.

If it was one on one, Giga probably would have been fine.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I feel like I just walked into a lion's den, with me being the lion tamer, after seeing the last set of posts. If you want to bring up any E3 stuff, go to the E3 forum.

With that said, please turn the subject back to doing Ridley discussions.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
No Metroid fan seriously thinks that way, though. Any diehard Metroid fans would want to see him playable, not demote him to boss status. I've never heard a diehard Fire Emblem: Awakening fan beg for Chrom to be an Assist Trophy because being playable would take away from the savior factor, for example. It literally has to be a bunch of kids that believe that the whole "Ridley is too big" argument is the only argument that needs to be said to exclude him. I bet none of them have seriously even played a Metroid game.
I guess some of the higher ups of the Metroid Database forums are just some little kids then, not that I have any problem thinking of them that way. :cool:

WRONG.

BEHOLD, NOAH. J. LINDERER as the SMASH BROS MESSIAH.

WE'RE ALL F**KED
Post of the week for this thread, ignoring the Ridley vs Waluigi thing that just went on here.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I feel like I just walked into a lion's den, with me being the lion tamer, after seeing the last set of posts. If you want to bring up any E3 stuff, go to the E3 forum.

With that said, please turn the subject back to doing Ridley discussions.
At this risk of sounding like a total dummy: You're welcome!

Because I sorta helped end that but nevermind. I just wanted to say hi.
A mustachioed plumber vs a dragon?
I have a solution:
Introducing,
WARIDLEY
(FanArt coming soon.)
I had that thought in style of Voldemort-Ike.jpg, but then I got terrified and pretended to have never imagined such an abomination.

For the love of god, don't make me create Waridley.

Don't make me create a monster. In doing so, I would be the monster.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Oh my.

You're right, Samus is clearly afraid of Ridley, as evidenced by the events of Other M. :sick:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Brawl 4?

Wouldn't that be the sixth Smash Bros. game? Assuming Smash 4 is Brawl 2 and so on... :troll:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Brawl 4?

Wouldn't that be the sixth Smash Bros. game? Assuming Smash 4 is Brawl 2 and so on... :troll:
Ha ha ! Wow ! What an epic joke that was, my good sir ! Had you not included that hilarious emoticon, I would have been left pondering as to whether or not your post was a joke or not ! My word, I haven't seen such a humour ruse in all my days of internet forum-going !

Say, friend, can you teach me to be as funny as you ?

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:u:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:r:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:a:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:f:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:a:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:g:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:e:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:t:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

Top Bottom