• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
It was a different guy this time, so I dunno.

I like how this has turned into a Miiverse topic, pretty much.

Either that or I'm a horrible person for derailing the thread.

;-;

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It was a different guy this time, so I dunno.

I like how this has turned into a Miiverse topic, pretty much.

Either that or I'm a horrible person for derailing the thread.

;-;
Nah. It's still about Ridley, just a new outlet to share his greatness. :p

Either way, can you keep us updated with the people's comments and such?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I suppose. The only changes from then and now is that 14 minutes in, the new Ridley post has 11 yeahs and two comments that say "2 big :3" and "he would be great as an assist". Both are going to hurt the poor guy's feelings, obviously.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There's more haters of characters than fans of characters on the internet.

True facts.

Also, Waluigi will never be playable. Sakurai likes original characters, and he is the opposite of original.

People supporting him are wasting their time, are wasting our time, and are being a waste of time.

Gesh I swear, people like the least original, likable (whether they are "good" or "bad"), stale, uninspired, and stupid characters over far superior ones.

Super genius flying dinosaur who uses Star Wars/Alien-esk technology who seeks to rule the universe > a furry fox who has no real personality and a bit of psychic powers > a failed combination of Wario and Waluigi with no ounce of originality in him (DDR dancing and crotch chopping is not original).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I suppose. The only changes from then and now is that 14 minutes in, the new Ridley post has 11 yeahs and two comments that say "2 big :3" and "he would be great as an assist". Both are going to hurt the poor guy's feelings, obviously.
The ":3" makes me think he's trolling.

I guess the "yeahs" are the most important thing though.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm still expecting absolutely no new characters (to be revealed). And I'd be fine with that. Leaves more potential hype down the future.

I honestly would've admitted myself to a Psychiatric Institution if it weren't for Brawl's Smash Dojo updates. Then again, I would've done that anyway at the time. Mid-late 2000's were some dark times. I have a feeling I'll get that feeling once again if Ridley is NPC once more.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
There's more haters of characters than fans of characters on the internet.

Not necessarily, I'd just say that the haters are more vocal than the supporters, as is the case with everything on the internet. While a supporter might throw out 1 supporting message a day, a hater usually spews out 5 messages in comparison.

And yeah, Waluigi is a bum.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Double post, sorry

But since I'm here.

image.jpg

God Roberts Cousin, I'm going to make a challenger approaching one just like you. It seems quick and fairly easy. I'm going to flood the Miiverse with it. Well with one anyway.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Double post, sorry

But since I'm here.

View attachment 800
You're a genius.

Speaking of crawling, did it actually have a use. Seems like crawling should allow you to take hits (from projectiles mostly, in a practical sense) yet still keep moving. If Ridley could crawl, that'd be kind of funny considering his nemesis is big on projectiles.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Not necessarily, I'd just say that the haters are more vocal than the supporters, as is the case with everything on the internet. While a supporter might throw out 1 supporting message a day, a hater usually spews out 5 messages in comparison.

And yeah, Waluigi is a bum.
Well there are a heck of a lot more haters than the pre-Brawl days. While Smash Boards is much more immune to hate than other sites, on other sites, anti-character threads are more likely than pro-character threads.
Waluigi looks like one of those DeviantArt "OC do not steal LOLZ" abominations.
I've never heard a more accurate description of Waluigi in my life. I say that and I like him in his role as a filler character in Mario sports/party games.
Doesn't Sakurai like Waluigi? Or spoke favorably about him.
As an assist trophy character probably. As a playable character option... I highly doubt it.

#StillTooBigNotToBePlayable #Ridley #HashTagsAreOverrated

D

Deleted member

Also, Waluigi will never be playable. Sakurai likes original characters, and he is the opposite of original.

People supporting him are wasting their time, are wasting our time, and are being a waste of time.

Gesh I swear, people like the least original, likable (whether they are "good" or "bad"), stale, uninspired, and stupid characters over far superior ones.

Super genius flying dinosaur who uses Star Wars/Alien-esk technology who seeks to rule the universe > a furry fox who has no real personality and a bit of psychic powers > a failed combination of Wario and Waluigi with no ounce of originality in him (DDR dancing and crotch chopping is not original).
The **** is your problem.

I happen to support both Ridley and Waluigi, but obscene trashing like this is going to met with obscene trashing of equal stupidity if you don't knock it off.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I said he's unoriginal, and that Sakurai doesn't like unoriginal characters, and thus he won't be playable.

I'm sorry, but a clone mix of Wario and Luigi isn't original, and isn't exactly Smash Bros or Sakurai forte.

D

Deleted member

I said he's unoriginal, and that Sakurai doesn't like unoriginal characters, and thus he won't be playable.

I'm sorry, but a clone mix of Wario and Luigi isn't original, and isn't exactly Smash Bros or Sakurai forte.
By that logic, a typical fire-breathing dragon isn't original and thus isn't exactly Smash Bros or Sakurai forte.
I'm afraid a clone mix of Bowser and Charizard will not be added. :smirk:

(As I said, obscene trashing of equal stupidity will be met with yours; you want to claim Waluigi is nothing but a copy of Wario/Luigi despite him not being anything like them, then Ridley is nothing more than a washed-up old trope that's been done to death.)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Thing is Ridley will actually get into Smash, and Waluigi never will, so I mean, y'know, I guess you're welcome to cry about that if you want???

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Now guys, let's not start anything here in the thread.

We can agree that they're both purple, right? That's a cool color! Purple! Guys?! GUYS?!

PURPLE GUYS

WE ALL LOVE PURPLE OKAY

OKAY?!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
By that logic, a typical fire-breathing dragon isn't original and thus isn't exactly Smash Bros or Sakurai forte.
I'm afraid a clone mix of Bowser and Charizard will not be added. :smirk:
1. Ridley isn't just a fire breathing dragon, but a technological and theoretical genius, a power-hungry leader, and a powerful foe who relies on his wits as well as his power.

2. Also, Ridley pre-dates Charizard by a decade, and on top of that, his physical composition is totally different.

3. As for Bowser, his thoughts are much more childish, and he's a turtle, whereas Ridley is a dragon/pterodactyl thingy, as well as a much more... menacing villain, who, you know, actually kills stuff, instead of merely kidnapping a princess=???

D

Deleted member

Thing is Ridley will actually get into Smash, and Waluigi never will, so I mean, y'know, I guess you're welcome to cry about that if you want???
You say that with such certainty.
Hell, you're saying two things with such certainty:
-That Ridley WILL become playable
-The Waluigi will NEVER become playable

And yet, we really don't know what's going to happen, do we?
As much as Ridley seems like a sure bet, what if Sakurai really does see Ridley as unfeasible? Even if we the fans can come up with ways to make it work, that doesn't necessarily mean that Sakurai sees such methods as viable.
And as much as haters want to see Waluigi as someone that will never be included, there is no telling if Sakurai has the same viewpoint. For all we know, Sakurai could be seeing potential for a new fighting style due to the sheer insanity of abilities Waluigi has been shown to have.

Nothing is for certain. To speak with certainties in mind is to think you know how Sakurai thinks. No one knows how Sakurai thinks. Not you, not I, not Johnknight, no one.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You say that with such certainty.
Hell, you're saying two things with such certainty:
-That Ridley WILL become playable
-The Waluigi will NEVER become playable

And yet, we really don't know what's going to happen, do we?
As much as Ridley seems like a sure bet, what if Sakurai really does see Ridley as unfeasible? Even if we the fans can come up with ways to make it work, that doesn't necessarily mean that Sakurai sees such methods as viable.
And as much as haters want to see Waluigi as someone that will never be included, there is no telling if Sakurai has the same viewpoint. For all we know, Sakurai could be seeing potential for a new fighting style due to the sheer insanity of abilities Waluigi has been shown to have.

Nothing is for certain. To speak with certainties in mind is to think you know how Sakurai thinks. No one knows how Sakurai thinks. Not you, not I, not Johnknight, no one.
WRONG.

BEHOLD, NOAH. J. LINDERER as the SMASH BROS MESSIAH.

WE'RE ALL F**KED

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
If I may interrupt, it is certain that Sakurai loves thinking with Landmasters.

That is all.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
1. Ridley isn't just a fire breathing dragon, but a technological and theoretical genius, a power-hungry leader, and a powerful foe who relies on his wits as well as his power.

2. Also, Ridley pre-dates Charizard by a decade, and on top of that, his physical composition is totally different.

3. As for Bowser, his thoughts are much more childish, and he's a turtle, whereas Ridley is a dragon/pterodactyl thingy, as well as a much more... menacing villain, who, you know, actually kills stuff, instead of merely kidnapping a princess=???
This. This thing that really pisses me off is that they think of him as nothing but a mindless beast.They should either analyze his portrayal in the games more or read the e-manga.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This. This thing that really pisses me off is that they think of him as nothing but a mindless beast.They should either analyze his portrayal in the games more or read the e-manga.
I don't mind him coming off as a savage (he is, in part), but they needs to display his brilliance. Perhaps have him talk, or show some of his creations even to battle this stigma.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Baby want a bottle, a big dirt bottle?

I'm sorry that I'm not some weenie that puts every character on the same level when the vast majority of suggestions are trash and are just plain not going to happen. It's equally foolish to entertain such small possibilities, especially when they hold little meaning. I am right, as far as I can tell, and if I am wrong, it really doesn't matter. I'm not going to be crying about it like you are now.

Top Bottom