• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Sometimes I think the Ridley fans of SmashBoards are the Daisy fans of Gamefaqs.

You go from talking about evidence that he is probably playable to rule 63....

Sometimes I worry about you guys.
I would have thought Ridley fans were the same everywhere...

At least Daisy fans aren't teased with a shadow.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
So, enlighten me.
What is this about Ridley "jumping" now?
If you watch the clip closely just as it is ending you will notice his shadow quickly rise higher into the air. Most people think it to be a jumping animation.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I would have thought Ridley fans were the same everywhere...

At least Daisy fans aren't teased with a shadow.
Your right, instead Daisy fans are teased with the lack of an orange background on the website. Or a light orange when Charizard was revealed.

D

Deleted member

If you watch the clip closely just as it is ending you will notice his shadow quickly rise higher into the air. Most people think it to be a jumping animation.
I noticed that too.

....not trying to add more fuel to the fire, but the last few frames of the Ridley segment in the Direct seem almost like KNOCKBACK from my perspective while watching it again.

If it really is knockback....that would be a huge indicator, wouldn't you guys agree?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Fun Fact: While searching for some Zero Mission concept art for Ridley, I found this piece of Rule 63 thing.

Another point for She-dley supporters?
U2A571_0D959677B1504_001.gif

"I cannot stand such thing. I will erase it from existance!"

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My favorite thing about a playable Ridley would be palette swaps.

Imagine a green Ridley or an orange Ridley. Give him shades of other famous Nintendo dragons. :troll:

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
My favorite thing about a playable Ridley would be palette swaps.

Imagine a green ridley or an orange ridley. Give him shades of other famous Nintendo dragons. :troll:
Or maybe we'll get a purple Charizard to compensate with if he's disconfirmed. :troll:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Don't take this the wrong way, but because of your avatar I keep thinking you're that one guy who had been blatantly trolling the thread earlier at first. xD

WOAH, HOLD ALL THE HORSES.

Everyone switch to Smashboards Amethyst. When did that get there?
I think that has been there awhile, but regardless I prefer my ruby.

D

Deleted member

So can anyone explain the Ridley jumping thing? How did people find it?
By watching the Smash Direct. :troll:

But seriously, if you go back and watch the shadow footage, at the very end of it when it fades out, you can see Ridley appears to a backwards jump off an off-screen platform. This would point to him being Playable (sort of) since past Smash Bosses don't jump around like that, not to mention that the jump animation looked kind of similar to that of a playable character jump animation.

Also @ Kamiko Kamiko Smashboards Onyx or go home. :awesome:

Last edited by a moderator:

bobadz

Smash Ace
By watching the Smash Direct. :troll:

But seriously, if you go back and watch the shadow footage, at the very end of it when it fades out, you can see Ridley appears to a backwards jump off an off-screen platform. This would point to him being Playable (sort of) since past Smash Bosses don't jump around like that, not to mention that the jump animation looked kind of similar to that of a playable character jump animation.
Thanks. Things are looking up for Ridley fans.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I'm pretty much out of hope for Ridley at this point, especially with that silly Sal Romano leak (Come on, Chorus Men? Really?). Ya'll can hold onto hope for me.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
Don't take this the wrong way, but because of your avatar I keep thinking you're that one guy who had been blatantly trolling the thread earlier at first. xD
Lol. I just reeeaaaaaalllly like Little Mac. That and Chrom but I'm too lazy to switch to Chrom.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I'm pretty much out of hope for Ridley at this point, especially with that silly Sal Romano leak (Come on, Chorus Men? Really?). Ya'll can hold onto hope for me.
You know, I actually find the Chorus Magoos interesting, at least on paper. While I've never touched the Rhythm Heaven series, they have an appealing design, and a rhythm-based playstyle could be fun.

For me, it's not that about whether new additions are disappointing (because if they are, I'd just not use them at all), but about whether my desired characters make the cut.

As Obama would say, Ridley ain't out for the count just yet.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
GameFAQs is going bonkers = One or two Too Bigots are using the thread as an opportunity to get the attention they crave through multiple alts., boosting its post count significantly

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wow, GameFAQs really is going totally bonkers, and not even primarily in the anti-Ridley fashion, mostly just ****-posting about Ridley.

I agree that the jumping is suspicious, but it's certainly not anything to blow up about as it could easily also be a boss animation, that's how it'd look if he has to gain higher ground regardless. The whole damn board is nothing but Ridley right now, just because of a little jump animation, though I gotta admit some of the ****-posting is pretty funny (Ridley's Down B? Jumping. Today's Pic of the day? Yellow Devil jumping!).

Was I really the only one who noticed it on day one but just shrugged it off? I figured by the time I came back you guys had already gone over it.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
My opinion on Ridley's jump? I still think it's impossible to tell at the moment, but I won't complain if he really did do that.

I think bosses in this series should act more like Giga Bowser and less like those from Kirby.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I don't understand. It doesn't look like he's jumping at all...

I still kind of want to have hope, actually.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Fun Fact: While searching for some Zero Mission concept art for Ridley, I found this piece of Rule 63 thing.

Another point for She-dley supporters?
I actually avoided posting this one once so as to avoid brain bleaching half the thread.

I also used this as an avi once:

Ridley gijinka by Higuma.jpeg

Hong

The Strongest
Et tu, IsmaR? How can this be?

I feel betrayed.

I'll admit that drawing is kind of cute.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Et tu, IsmaR? How can this be?

I feel betrayed.
Mostly because I liked the background, and it reminded me of another winged character with that hairstyle that I adore.

I'll admit that drawing is kind of cute.
That too.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Pic of the day will be kept a secret

Ridley is being kept secret

Ridley confirmed

Top Bottom