• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

I have my reasons to hate Waluigi, they are the same as Daisy, I don't feel to explain it though

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Hey Ridley supporters! I'm a long time lurker who just joined and I wanted to say that Ridley is my number one request for SSB4 (wanted him since Melee) and that while I believe that the Gematsu leak WAS legitimate info, I feel that it's really outdated and all of it's predictions aren't necessarily true. Besides, even if they are that isn't likely to be the final roster. Could Sakurai seriously ignore the requests for characters like Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo while putting in Wii Fit Trainer and a Rhythm Heaven rep? I think that as Ridley supporters we will have our glory at the end of it all and it will be all the more sweet for having gone through the torment from Sakurai's trolling and all of Ridley's haters.
Welcome to Ridley land! we have sorts of ridley souvenirs and some complementary team jackets!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
What if Nintendo kills the series deaddy dead out of "respect" for Sakurai?

Nahhh, they wouldn't do that.

Would they?
Nah, it is not happening. Unpopular opinion here, but I wouldn't mind the Smash Bros series ending eventually. They can't just keep adding new characters in every game, without making some cuts. And if they make cuts, this extremely whiny fanbase will complain for years straight.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I have my reasons to hate Waluigi, they are the same as Daisy, I don't feel to explain it though
I hate Daisy because of the cocky noises she makes when she passes you in Mario Kart Wii, baby or otherwise. Birdo will forever be the winner!

I've gotta agree with Neon, though. If Ridley doesn't get in this time, it's gonna look pretty bleak for him. Especially if characters like the Chorus Men get in over him, as Metroid has been around for much longer and has much more solid standing in the game world. Hell, I'd never even heard of Rhythm Heaven until I read about the Gematsu leak.

...Could just be me, though.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Nah, it is not happening. Unpopular opinion here, but I wouldn't mind the Smash Bros series ending eventually. They can't just keep adding new characters in every game, without making some cuts. And if they make cuts, this extremely whiny fanbase will complain for years straight.
I wouldn't mind it that much, depending on the characters cut. I could just go back to the old games and play as them.

Last edited:

Reila

I wouldn't mind it that much, depending on the characters cut. I could just go back to the old games and play as them.
I wouldn't mind it that much either, but we're likely the exception (at least among the... ugh... "hardcore" fans).

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Roidley's journal: Little Mac

Big Bro was outside today, mumbling to himself as usual. I like to think he's saying what nice thing he'll do for me later. Then that guy with the funny big green fists came up from behind and punched his back. Poor Big Bro smacked the ground hard, but then he got up and started shouting words that according to the other Smashers are not nice to say in front of your mother. I don't even remember my mother... Anyway, Big Bro grabbed the green-handed guy and flew so high I couldn't even see them. Then I saw the guy Big Bro was carrying fall all the way down and created a deep hole in the dirt. Maybe that's a new game Big Bro's come up with! He's always creating new fun ways to play with others, I wish I could be more like him.

Teff

Smash Rookie
Sry if this has been addressed before but I thought a trailer showed that Ridley was being relegated to boss status?

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Sry if this has been addressed before but I thought a trailer showed that Ridley was being regulated to boss status?
We thought Phosphora was being relegated to trophy status too. If she can be an Assist Trophy, Ridley can be a playable character who happens to be a boss in his own games.

D

Deleted member

I don't quite recall something like that.

Unless you mean the Direct thing, which is quite debatable.
@ Snagrio Snagrio says:

"Don't tell me we're about to go into ANOTHER Shadow Debate cycle."

I only say this I guess:
I got a headache from the last one with Zipzo.:urg:

Last edited by a moderator:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Sry if this has been addressed before but I thought a trailer showed that Ridley was being relegated to boss status?
Basically, it comes down to a lot of people think Sakurai was trolling.

He trolled several other times that video with character de confirms (Zero suit samus, palutena) and then never actually showed Ridley, but said other "Boss characters' would appear

Bowser is a boss character that appears. So is the yellow devil

take your pick

JonesGamer

Smash Cadet
How large? Since the jackets include an image of the man himself, we had to make all of them size XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL or higher.
I'm getting conflicting reports here. So I either have to be a small individual or a space dragon? I'm afraid I fall in between. :confused:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I wonder how Ridley will look in this? So far, every character looks amazing design wise, So even if it is still pretty much his Other M design, He will still probably look good.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Jobs? My job is probably to sit here and change my avatar every few weeks for literally no reason. Sure, let's go with that.

Reila

I wonder how Ridley will look in this? So far, every character looks amazing design wise, So even if it is still pretty much his Other M design, He will still probably look good.
SHE WILL LOOK FABULOUS

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I hate Daisy because of the cocky noises she makes when she passes you in Mario Kart Wii, baby or otherwise. Birdo will forever be the winner!

I've gotta agree with Neon, though. If Ridley doesn't get in this time, it's gonna look pretty bleak for him. Especially if characters like the Chorus Men get in over him, as Metroid has been around for much longer and has much more solid standing in the game world. Hell, I'd never even heard of Rhythm Heaven until I read about the Gematsu leak.

...Could just be me, though.
It could be just like the Street Figther series (or the Marvel vs Capcom) :dr^_^:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So since we're making an employment list, I figured I should organize it:

Ridley's Gigantic Space Pirate Lounge:

Lounge Employees and Veterans (so far):
Lounge Owner; Strongest: @Oasis_S
Employee Head Organizer/Manager/Coordinator: @The Soulless One
HR Department: ??????????
Old Timers (TGBRW Veterans*): @ Phaazoid Phaazoid @Ridley_Prime @Oasis_S @ IsmaR IsmaR
Ridley Propaganda Artists; Comic Relief: @AndreaAC @ SchAlternate SchAlternate @Angelglory @AbioFlesh @ Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt @BaganSmashBros
Redundant Cycle Announcer (The cycles are redundant): @ Snagrio Snagrio
Animal GIFs: @ TitanTeaTime TitanTeaTime
Lounge Interior Design: @Kamiko
Text-Wall Architect/Moveset Interrogator: Myself (@The Soulless One )
Size/Shadow Analyzers: @ Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt @Angelglory @Smashoperatingbuddy123 @OblivionWolf
The Realism Squad: @ Phaazoid Phaazoid @Scoliosis Jones @Dark Phazon @Ridley_Prime
One Liners: @Neo Zero
The Sarcasm Department: @ Phaazoid Phaazoid
The Writing Department: @ Snagrio Snagrio
The Redundancy Department Department: @The Soulless One
Lounge Peacekeepers: @ IsmaR IsmaR @Swampasaur @Scoliosis Jones
Low-Quality Trolls: @The Soulless One
Female Avatar Roulette Captain: @ majora_787 majora_787
?????: @ majora_787 majora_787 @ Pacack Pacack @ Reila Reila
Charidley: @Armlesspuppeteer09
Jukebox Operator: @Tungsten
Lurkers in the Corners: @Ryuma @ender_idk @_______________ @JustALurker
Resident Punching Bag: Roidley
Unassigned: @MorbidAltruism @False Sense @Zoroarking @Wariofan1 ; Everyone else.
Bouncers: Kraid, Crocomire, Dark Samus

Current Applicants (as far as I can tell):
Ridley Propaganda Artists: N/A
Bringer of Hope: @WayfaringElf
Lounge Bartender: N/A
Ridley in Miscellaneous Media: @Headcrab Jackalope
The Optimism Crew: @WayfaringElf @domokl
Lounge Interior Design: N/A
Some other department: Everyone else.

Banned Individuals: Samus Aran, Adam Malkovich, Anthony Higgs.

All individuals listed under Current Applicants have shown some potential for their positions but need to continue proving themselves to the HR Department (who should control this by the way?) to become Full Time Employees.

*TGBRW Stands for The Great Brawl Ridley War; all listed veterans are written as I've heard them from @ Phaazoid Phaazoid

Also, the Old Timers get their own VIP section in the lounge and special bar privileges.

Let me know if I missed anyone and if I need to readjust our current employee list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom