• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Watch as Ridley is accidentally disconfirmed through this minigame.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Ridley confirmed to be trophy collecting minigame.
You can only obtain Ridley trophies.
"We were not able to fit Ridley into the game, so we've included many different trophies celebrating his appearance throughout the years. We hope you will enjoy this small tribute to one of Nintendo's biggest characters."

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
Fun Fact: While searching for some Zero Mission concept art for Ridley, I found this piece of Rule 63 thing.

Another point for She-dley supporters?
:crazy: (My reaction at 0:15)

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Has anyone tried using Pikachu's model sizeto compare with Ridley's shadow, as well as other characters? How does Pikachu stack up to, say, Bowser? Since Ridley's wing/tail clips into frame a bit his shadow should not be heavily distored by any distance (does smash even do that). I mean, we also have the stage so it's possible we could figure out the size of Ridley's model. If he's bowser size then that means he's a lot more likely.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Has anyone tried using Pikachu's model sizeto compare with Ridley's shadow, as well as other characters? How does Pikachu stack up to, say, Bowser? Since Ridley's wing/tail clips into frame a bit his shadow should not be heavily distored by any distance (does smash even do that). I mean, we also have the stage so it's possible we could figure out the size of Ridley's model. If he's bowser size then that means he's a lot more likely.
There's like a million posts like that. Every few pages someone seems to feel obligated to overanalyze the shadow using different wordings each time to describe basically the same thing.

The short version of all of that is that yes, he does look to be around Bowser's size.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I watched that gif of Ridley jumping for, like, ten minutes.

It does look very much like jumping, at one size. At another size, it just looks like he's turning around.

AGH! I just want answers!!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Not been here for some time, so all I say is probably said over and over, but still.

Ridley's, anc Pyrosphere's, complete absence, at E3, is yet Another hint for me. ^^ I still Believe he is playable.

Also, what has been said about this recent Gif I've been hearing about?

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
My interpretation: Ridley lands on platform on left off-screen. Ridley turns around. Ridley jumps to right.

(Whoa, I'm posting without being summoned.)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Not been here for some time, so all I say is probably said over and over, but still.

Ridley's, anc Pyrosphere's, complete absence, at E3, is yet Another hint for me. ^^ I still Believe he is playable.

Also, what has been said about this recent Gif I've been hearing about?
Well, I sped it up using the website that was provided.

At half speed it actually looks off. But at (I think x4 speed, which might actually be close to normal speed as the original is slowed down) it definitely looks like he turns around, then jumps.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Thank you. It does look kinda neat, actually. I'd say a Boss Ridley would most likely move more like Brawl's Ridleys. The motions and jump-like things this Ridley does just feels off for a boss, in many ways.

Still sure he is playable, but it does sadden me a Little seeing so many posts everywhere screaming "DENIAL, IT'S CONFIRMED TO BE BOSS, SUCKER!". :/ People are free to Think he is a boss, but I really don't get the need to bring people down for it.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I agree, nearly everyone says that Ridley fans are always the most delusional when I have seen nothing but common sense used as an argument why he would be playable.

Its alot better then Mewtwo fans just using he is popular and relevant all the damn time.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I agree, nearly everyone says that Ridley fans are always the most delusional when I have seen nothing but common sense used as an argument why he would be playable.

Its alot better then Mewtwo fans just using he is popular and relevant all the damn time.
Mewtwo is certanly very possible, and likely, but he has no hints like Ridley has in plenty so far. ^^ I hope they both make it in.

I do feel that Ridley will most likely be Hidden until release, though. :/ Just to mess with it's fans, haha.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
You know, there is a strong possibility that we might get an August Direct, and thats when the Metroid anniversary is, and we had the Punch-Out anniversary in February so maybe?

I doubt it but its certainly a possibility.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
You know, there is a strong possibility that we might get an August Direct, and thats when the Metroid anniversary is, and we had the Punch-Out anniversary in February so maybe?

I doubt it but its certainly a possibility.
That would mean that Sakurai will reveal Ridley exactly one year after he first teased him.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Welcome to our thread, new Ridley supporters! Now go and bring us some drinks

Yeah, delusional fools, using common sense only shows how stupid you are! What is common sense?! I never heard of it, so, i don`t need it! Common sense is for noobs!

Well, he appeared in a lot of Pokemon games as far as i know and he actually looks normal compared to a lot of Pokemons i know. But Ridley deserves more...at least i think so...

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Man, I wouldn't call any fanbases delusional anymore, not after the Geno mess.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Unlike Metroid, Pokemon exists in this weird area when it comes to character choice. The series has litterally hundreds of Pokemon to choose from, while Metroid has but a few obvious characters that have become staples to the franchise. So the rules are different and the logic for including Ridley might not apply to Mewtwo or reverse.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Mewtwo is certanly very possible, and likely, but he has no hints like Ridley has in plenty so far.
"We are thinking about it." - Masahiro Sakurai

What we interpret as a "hint" could be something obvious to Sakurai. For example, we don't know if Ridley was actually disconfirmed in the Smash Direct or not.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
"We are thinking about it." - Masahiro Sakurai

What we interpret as a "hint" could be something obvious to Sakurai. For example, we don't know if Ridley was actually disconfirmed in the Smash Direct or not.
He also said that they put a pokemon spot aside at the roundtable or something like that, around the time he said "we're thinking about it", they probably were. But in the end they chose Greninja to have a new pokemon in the game and to have someone who brings something new and Greninja has his chargeable teleport attack, Shadow Sneak. Anything Mewtwo could do being a veteran, Lucario could also do. Especially since Mewtwos megas would not work well as a final smash because of the tail.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
You forgot to add dark phazon to real squad

he did found realtalk. that's pretty much his child

Also I think I should be the head of my own sarcasm department

realism depresses me too much

and Oasis_S needs his own catagory: Strongest

also angleglory is totally an artist too
Thank you ***

RLRT.gif

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
He also said that they put a pokemon spot aside at the roundtable or something like that, around the time he said "we're thinking about it", they probably were. But in the end they chose Greninja to have a new pokemon in the game and to have someone who brings something new and Greninja has his chargeable teleport attack, Shadow Sneak. Anything Mewtwo could do being a veteran, Lucario could also do. Especially since Mewtwos megas would not work well as a final smash because of the tail.
Again, those are just assumptions.

Not hints toward one thing or another.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I knew i should have stayed up last night, you guys found that Ridley jumps at the end of the gif? That definitely is compelling evidence. Kinda disappointed I missed the freak out on gamefaqs though lol.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Bosses have never jumped in the same manner as Ridley does, unless you count Giga Bowser.

A boss Ridley would have no reason to jump like that (nor would he have a reason to be that small).

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Anything Mewtwo could do being a veteran, Lucario could also do.
What, you do realise Mewtwo and Lucario are completely different characters, with completely different movesets and playstyles, that fill completely different character niches? It's ****ing 2014 now, there still can't be people who seriously think they were at all clones of each other because of one ****ing move, that's like saying Charizard "can do anything Bowser can do" because they both have fire breath for their neutral special.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
What, you do realise Mewtwo and Lucario are completely different characters, with completely different movesets and playstyles, that fill completely different character niches? It's ****ing 2014 now, there still can't be people who seriously think they were at all clones of each other because of one ****ing move, that's like saying Charizard "can do anything Bowser can do" because they both have fire breath for their neutral special.
Both Mewtwo and Lucario are veterans and Sakurai would have to completely overhaul Mewtwo for him to add something new, which he very rarely does. Unless they give him a mega evolution gimmick, but Lucario already does that better due to body shape while Greninja also represents the newest gen.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Bosses have never jumped in the same manner as Ridley does, unless you count Giga Bowser.

A boss Ridley would have no reason to jump like that (nor would he have a reason to be that small).
Nah, I've seen plenty of bosses jump in my time. That's no argument. And why would Ridley have no reason to jump? Plenty of winged creatures jump to help generate lift before takeoff.

The whole 'Ridley jumps so he can't be a boss' argument is nothing more than wishful thinking, and we can't even prove that he jumps. I wouldn't put my eggs in that basket.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yes he can jump, but he jumps just like a playable character, specifically like Meta Knight.

Malle

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Samus to an extent. Bosses can jump.
But if we would compare Yellow Devil's & Brawl Ridley's smooth movement (ESPECIALLY the wings) we can see that as a Boss, Ridley shouldn't move so hectically and flap his wings like a hummingbird.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Both Mewtwo and Lucario are veterans and Sakurai would have to completely overhaul Mewtwo for him to add something new, which he very rarely does. Unless they give him a mega evolution gimmick, but Lucario already does that better due to body shape while Greninja also represents the newest gen.
Why would Mewtwo need to be overhauled when he has a completely unique moveset and character design, not at all made redundant by any existing character? This is diverging from Ridley and I probably won't continue on beyond this, but really, denying Mewtwo on the basis of "uniqueness added to the cast" is just plain silly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom