• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Goddamn, all of these forums are being extremely negative. It's hard to keep up optimism (still hanging on surprisingly) with all these posts going around. Have a cat gif, maybe it'll cheer you guys up.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Someone should just ask if Ridley is a stage hazard and nothing more.....Does that count as a character question?...

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well, seems like they're taking this all the way. It frustrates me that we don't get a confirmation, but it only makes me more confident that this will end in a confirmation within the next three months. With Mii and Pac-Man on the roster, we could REALLY use it too. :Y

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Warning Received
Wow, Sakurai just put a Meleetard on his place, the man has earned my respect back!

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
well, at least the finals match was pretty fun... i doubt it, but I hope sakurai taken note of how important platforms are for competitive smash and instead of FD style stages we get Battlefield style stages... but oh well...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
No ridley today (maybe tomorrow or thursday)

But extreme news

M game and watch and pac-man are confirmed playable

Can't wait to see the pac-man trailer when it gets posted.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am personally done with speculating about Ridley. If he is in the game, then great, if he isn't, I will have to deal with it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well not much happened when it came to Ridley so far. I guess we'll have to wait until the release of the 3DS to if by some small chance Ridley's in. I'm interested in seeing Pac-Man though, Mr. Game and Watch too.

October, isn't it?
Yeah, early October was the release date.

EDIT: Japan gets it in September? We'll there's going to be a crapton of leaks then.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Come on, Sakurai, don't be an asshole, give us a Ridley reveal, a glorious Ridley reveal with a trailer uploaded tomorrow.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
It's over. Sakurai leaving for Japan tommorow. We have another 3 months of speculation folks :(

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Sometimes Sakurai is stupid. Revealing stupid Palutena over Ridley when EVERYONE is watching? Great idea 10/10

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
I can't take much more of this, thought for sure we would get closure today,but nope more headache. Perfect time for reveal at end of tourney nope, pyrosphere playable so we can see if he is indeed a hazard nope....WHY WON"T IT END!!

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
Well Nintendo still has tomorrow. Maybe end the E3 with a bang? AKA Ridley Reveal? Its the ONLY thing left now - if not then i suppose just waiting till release.....

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I'm pleased, the revealed characters are neat (and Miis look much more interesting than how could have ended up), and Ridley remains alive for another day.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
well, i really hope that he isn´t a stage hazard, because this game doesn't have bosses, yellow devil was a stage hazard, almost noone tried to kill it, and they used it more as a terrain adventage, or just plainly ignored it.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm pleased, the revealed characters are neat (and Miis look much more interesting than how could have ended up), and Ridley remains alive for another day.
If Ridley is destined to die, I'd rather it happen sooner than later. I just want some damn closure already. All this dancing around him is excruciating.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Well Nintendo still has tomorrow. Maybe end the E3 with a bang? AKA Ridley Reveal? Its the ONLY thing left now - if not then i suppose just waiting till release.....
They'd have Sakurai there. He's leaving for Japan.

majora_787

Smash Hero
:Y I seriously doubt anything big is going to happen with Ridley with E3 ending on Pac-Man of all things. He MAY be in the August direct, but I have to wonder. We'll most likely be resigned to waiting until September for the roster to be leaked to the west.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Sometimes Sakurai is stupid. Revealing stupid Palutena over Ridley when EVERYONE is watching? Great idea 10/10
Actually, he didn't show anyone when a crowd of thousands (in house and online) were watching live. You know, the best possible moment to reveal something? But no, just letting the word out via blog is a much better plan. :facepalm:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I still have plenty of hope, but with Ridley not revealed at E3 and us having two months until the next direct and three until the game releases in Japan, it's patience I'm out of. I doubt I'll be hanging out here so much unless something happens.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
yeah, revealing pacman like that was very... uhm... anticlimatic.... im pretty sure the vast majority of smash fans doesn't know about teh sal leak...

At least they could have uploaded the reveal video on the site somewhat at the same time...

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
Seriously what was with that? A huge third party rep revealed at an event with no photography, im still dumbfounded as to why they thought that was a good idea....:dizzy:

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I really don't see the purpose of hiding Pyrosphere if Ridley wasn't an impossible to conceal boss like Yellow Devil.
It would be called keeping a hidden character hidden.

You probably don't know this, but the last three Smash Bros. games had characters who were hidden and were generally unlocked and not thrown out before the game's release officially.

Now you know.

Top Bottom