• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I can't help but be angry at all these people. This is a Ridley thread and people just keep talking crap, when we are supporters of Ridley. How can you be so calm about this?
Because I'm a calm kinda guy. Not much bothers me, bro. If Ridley doesn't get in, no prob. I'm still buying the game. But I would LOVE for him to be in.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I was set on buying both versions but now I'll need the new the 3ds version to convince me that my first impressions are wrong. I mean at least the graphics are amazing I'll give them that. But gameplay to me is much more important
Ridley isn't in the game so now the gameplay sucks? Lol
Most people agree that melee was good because it was difficult. Most of those who prefer brawl are not interested in getting better in the game because of the easy level cap at wich you can't get any better technically, only with some mild mindgames.
....What? How can you generalize "most of the people" who prefer brawl? That is extremely ignorant and you invalidated your own argument.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
Well I don't see the point at being angry at angry people it's just fuel to the fire. I won't be surprised if Ridley is a hidden character, but his chances are not as high for me as they were this morning

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
Ridley isn't in the game so now the gameplay sucks? Lol

....What? How can you generalize "most of the people" who prefer brawl? That is extremely ignorant and you invalidated your own argument.
Don't put words in my mouth. I never said Ridley wasn't in the new smash. I'm talking about the slow pace of game we got to see today

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
If Ridley is deconfirmed, fine. It won't stop my enjoyment of this game. Loving greninja and Palutena.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I had a feeling Ridley wouldn't be revealed at the digital event.

Ridley's more "Finisher for E3" material. Why open Nintendo? They can't use all the big guns immediately.

Last edited:

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Why is it that so many Nintendo fandoms are so negative? Can't you all lighten up? This is Nintendo! They are unpredictable. They are about fun. And, as much as people hate to say it, they CARE about their consumers, more than Microsoft and Sony. Who knows whether or not they were kidding with Ridley? Who knows whether or not Miis took up that much development time, or whether or not Star Fox and Mario games were deconfirmed? Key sentence: While overexpectations may be a bad thing, don't **** on people because they got their ****ing hopes up! And Ridley isn't deconfirmed yet. We still have no idea whether or nor SSB4 will be a step forward or a step back. But you know what?
The Smash Bros. Fandom used to be an awesome thing. The sky was the limit, so to speak. And so was the Fire Emblem fandom, the Metroid fandom, and even Nintendo fans themselves, to an extent.
Although we may be disappointed, why the **** should you bring us down now?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Off topic/Spam
Don't put words in my mouth. I never said Ridley wasn't in the new smash. I'm talking about the slow pace of game we got to see today
The way Melee looked when it was first announced and even when it was first released is completely incomparable to how it is played now. They look like different games.
Give the game AT LEAST time to release before you start throwing out assumptions.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I don't think Ridley is disconfirmed. I'm angry about the Sal leak being probably real, because the startling lack of beast-like characters is saddening.

I mean, wheeeee! I get 2 guys I've never heard of, a yellow thing I don't really care about, and 3 *******! It must be my birthday!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If Ridley is deconfirmed, fine. It won't stop my enjoyment of this game. Loving greninja and Palutena.
Yeah, I am sorry, but even if Ridley isn't in the game, I am likely buying it. It looks so fun and I need fun in my life.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I am sorry, but even if Ridley isn't in the game, I am likely buying it. It looks so fun and I need fun in my life.
Just WATCHING people land Little Mac KO punches is hype. It's like if they took the Falcon Punch or THE KNEE OF JUSTICE and amped it up by 10.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Everything seems so floaty and albeit not as slow as brawl, still not an improvement on melee. And they brought back brawl's aid dodge and there's no wavedash or L cancel. Now we just need to hope that the game will require at least some degree of skill instead of mashing random buttons like ten year old and still expect to win.
Setting aside L-canceling and wavedashing, I see those as a means of forcing players to be more careful about how and when they go airborne. Personally, I think floatiness should be more dependent on the individual characters rather than having a gamewide standard. Ridley in particular would benefit greatly from floatiness though.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
I'll still get the 3ds even if I dont get any character I want, but getting Ridley would still be better than no Ridley. At least we got Palutena to compensate for the terrible Mii trio.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Why is everyone saying Ridley is disconfirmed? Because they revealed Mii??? Huh?
I'm confused about this too. Are people saying Ridley deconfirmed cause they didn't show him at the big event?

By that logic then Pac-Man is definitely deconfirmed.

Reila

People are saying he is disconfirmed because they believe Sal Romano's leak and he doesn't mention Ridley. I admit the leak seems to be true, but lets not forget he didn't mention Rosalina & Luma either. I still have a gut feeling that Ridley might show up after the Invitationals somehow.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I didn't expected to see that...again, my heart is broken...good thing I didn't wasted my time watching the event...It happened yet again....Sakurai can be so cruel at times.....but oh well...time to wait for Ridley again...and again...and again...

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'm confused about this too. Are people saying Ridley deconfirmed cause they didn't show him at the big event?

By that logic then Pac-Man is definitely deconfirmed.
In my opinion, the very worst-case scenario... is that Ridley is revealed in the months leading up to September in another Smash Bros. related Direct.

But for the moment, I'm going to let my hype convince me that they're going to save him for Nintendo's big closer.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Sorry for being negative, I still hope for Ridley.

But the lava is on the FD Pyrosphere...

I don't take this as "Ridley is a hazard" at all, but lava might not be the hazard.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Sorry for being negative, I still hope for Ridley.

But the lava is on the FD Pyrosphere...

I don't take this as "Ridley is a hazard" at all, but lava might not be the hazard.
My faith in Ridley remains unshaken.

If there's no lava hazard, nothing of value will be lost.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Alright, guys. The chips are down. We're looking at increasing amounts of evidence that Ridley isn't playable. So why not, instead of whining and getting mad about it, we get our ***** up and do something about it?

THIS is the voting page for Clone Engine characters for Project M. Here, people vote about and discuss characters they'd like to see in Project M and why, etc. Ridley is currently in second place, behind Isaac, but the thread is devoid of any good Ridley talk (and it's mostly just boring Earthbound characters being brought up over and over).

You people need to take your ideas, your love for Ridley, and put it in this thread. Make Ridley an obvious choice for the Clone Engine. Not only will he become playable (no guarantees, of course), but he'll be viable, lovingly crafted, and unique. The Project M Backroom knows how to make a character work and feel great. They rebuilt Mewtwo from scratch, for Christ's sake.

Sakurai may be able to overlook us, but Project M won't. It's a Smash built for the fans, by the fans, and Ridley's true home is there, among the ranks of some of the best-designed Smash characters to ever grace the battlefield.

We may have lost the battle, but we haven't lost the war, fellow Pirates. Join the fight for Ridley for Project M and see our efforts actually come to fruition. Let Sakurai add his Miis and Chorus Men. I'll be busy maining my favorite characters in Project M.
I'd gladly help with this cause, especially if no one else here does. How should I go about it in that thread though? Just simply "vote" for Ridley in a post (since there's no poll at the top), post a moveset of how he should be done, or what?

Contingency plan or not, anything to help brush off the negative vibe this thread seems to be having now (will still be getting SSB4 on 3DS at least and all that).

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
It's interesting. Miis were pretty much the only characters that I outright didn't want to see appear in the game. Yet, now that I see them in action, they're really frigging cool looking. They passed from an idea I loathed to an idea that I really like. I mean, I'm not entirely satisfied with it, but it does pleases me.

I wonder if Ridley detractors would feel the same if he was confirmed? I mean, now they may abhor the idea, but if excecuted correctly, they may end up liking him when shown in action.

Food for thought.

Reila

Ridley or not, Reggie is teasing something after the Invitationals. According to him:

Want another reason to be excited about tonight's Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS roundtable? Reggie Fils-Aime himself stopped by IGN to pump up the event, saying, "be sure to be at the roundtable later today. We have more news tonight that'll break at the roundtable." You can bet we'll be checking it out, Reggie!

So I dunno. Maybe it is Ridley. Maybe it is not, but I will not lose hope yet.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
It's interesting. Miis were pretty much the only characters that I outright didn't want to see appear in the game. Yet, now that I see them in action, they're really frigging cool looking. They passed from an idea I loathed to an idea that I really like. I mean, I'm not entirely satisfied with it, but it does pleases me.

I wonder if Ridley detractors would feel the same if he was confirmed? I mean, now they may abhor the idea, but if excecuted correctly, they may end up liking him when shown in action.

Food for thought.
Yeah I had the same thoughts on the Mii. Still they don't affect Ridley at all.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ridley or not, Reggie is teasing something after the Invitationals. According to him:

Want another reason to be excited about tonight's Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS roundtable? Reggie Fils-Aime himself stopped by IGN to pump up the event, saying, "be sure to be at the roundtable later today. We have more news tonight that'll break at the roundtable." You can bet we'll be checking it out, Reggie!

So I dunno. Maybe it is Ridley. Maybe it is not, but I will not lose hope yet.
Sadly, it's probably Pac-Man.

He needs to be revealed at E3.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I'd gladly help with this cause, especially if no one else here does. How should I go about it in that thread though? Just simply "vote" for Ridley in a post (since there's no poll at the top), post a moveset of how he should be done, or what?

Contingency plan or not, anything to help brush off the negative vibe this thread seems to be having now (will still be getting SSB4 on 3DS at least and all that).
Just let them know that you give your support to Ridley with a "+1", and maybe a little extra on why you think he should be playable. You can also support any number of other characters while you're there, too.

Top Bottom