• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
R
Your ignorance hurts my soul.

There's a difference between pessimism and realism. The Gematsu Leak is becoming more and more irrefutable as time goes on, cementing that the roster is going to be one big missed opportunity. I'm sorry that I'm smart enough to move on to a new cause, one that actually has a point, but it's my right to be an ******* as long as it's not directed at other users.

Go preach to someone else. I'm not the only one who's lost hope. I'm not the first, and I won't be the last.
Gematsu leak is not the rest of the newcomers. It is just some of them

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
Have you posted anything that hasn't involved whining in the last few hours? I see you posting constantly, but its just pessimism and vibe-killing. You've given up hope. We get it. But others on here haven't, so stop dragging everyone down. Ridley's odds have not been affected in any way, outside of no new Metroid game (meaning no game to build hype for). We won't know anything for sure until Sakurai decides its time, or the game comes out and we figure it out on our own. Go play Project M right now and make that Ridley character yourself.
AMEN.

Plus, it seems with SSB4 that Sakurai is removing the limitations he slapped on Brawl to include things that Brawl could have only dreamt of. He said he didn't feel like the Villager or Mii were suitable SSB characters at the time of Brawl, but he has since changed his mind.

Here's to Ridley! Cheers!

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I would point out that Ridley has been deconfirmed for months and the "false hope" is being artificially created by people who refuse to accept that. This bitterness was always going to be here, but at some point you are going to have to come to terms with the fact that regardless of what you might think, Sakurai does not believe Ridley is possible or practical as a playable Smash fighter.
I haven't believed for a second that Ridley was playable after the Direct.

But you can't seriously look at the ambiguity of the "deconfirmation", then look at all the people, all the time and effort that went into analyzing it, then say that it's just made up. If Sakurai didn't want to give people hope, he wouldn't have been such a pill about "revealing" Ridley's true nature.

Sakurai is partially at fault here, if not only because he was unnecessarily vague about Ridley as a boss.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
It would be a lot easier to argue with you if you made your statements a little more coherent.

Your sass, however, is hilarious, and I demand more of it.
Thanks, I try. And are you sure coherence is the problem here? I thought I was pretty clear...eh, must be my ignorance again.
I was able to take a pic of the select stage screen on the stream :

It doesn't seems to have Pyrosphere indeed =/
To be fair, its missing a ton of stages. So honestly, its exclusion may or may not be intentional and Ridley-related. It doesn't really suggest anything about him at all.

D

Deleted member

I would point out that Ridley has been deconfirmed for months and the "false hope" is being artificially created by people who refuse to accept that. This bitterness was always going to be here, but at some point you are going to have to come to terms with the fact that regardless of what you might think, Sakurai does not believe Ridley is possible or practical as a playable Smash fighter.
Can you quote this "decofirmation"? No? Can you show a pic? No? So, he's not deconfirmed

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
You know, I'm inclined to tell you that vague implications are not direct disconfirmations, but I'll keep quiet for now as that appears to be the case.

Malle

Smash Apprentice
I remember Sakurai saying in the interview

"He might be a little slow, would that be alright?"

Consider this not as his movement, but the reveal instead perhaps?

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Just because the Gematsu leak is true doesn't mean we won't get anymore newcomers. That has already been said on this thread multiple times.
Gematsu leak is not the rest of the newcomers. It is just some of them
So like...he just "happened" to leave out the likes of Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo...?

seemslegit.targa

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
So like...he just "happened" to leave out the likes of Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo...?

seemslegit.targa
The guy didn't leak Rosalina, you can't say he has all the newcomers for that, not even the guy himself has mentioned about it being "the last newcomers"

Last edited:

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428

seemslegit.targa
I doubt his source gave him all the information, I mean just today he gave him some new (even though it was small) information. Plus the game is still being worked on so they could be added last minute.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I remember Sakurai saying in the interview

"He might be a little slow, would that be alright?"

Consider this not as his movement, but the reveal instead perhaps?
Wasn't that when he was asked about it in Brawl? He said something to the effect of "I think that would be pretty impossible for him to be in. If we tried really hard, we might be able to do it. He might be a little slow though, would that be alright? *laughs*" I think he was talking about balancing him by having to make him slow. And hey, the Ridley shadow on Pyrosphere moves a hell of a lot slower than Ridley typically does, so hey, maybe.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Watch Sakurai reveal playable Ridley and say, "We wanted him to be playable in Brawl, but it wouldn't work."

Yeah ****ing right.

I Bet You Can

Smash Cadet
I like that a bunch of downers and assholes have gotten on this thread and started talking smack just because they haven't seen Ridley yet. Save your bull**** until the game releases.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I like that a bunch of downers and *******s have gotten on this thread and started talking smack just because they haven't seen Ridley yet. Save your bull**** until the game releases.

You are very mature in how you take care of these people.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
Really? Not you too!! Come on bro stay positive!!
I was set on buying both versions but now I'll need the new the 3ds version to convince me that my first impressions are wrong. I mean at least the graphics are amazing I'll give them that. But gameplay to me is much more important

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I'm sure the game itself will be very good. It looks like it has a lot of love poured into it. Ridley not being in it doesn't make it a "bad" game, really.

It just makes it one I'm not really interested in, unfortunately.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Oh, by the way... Pyrosphere isn't available in the demo from what I've heard. Now why would THAT be the case? :D

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
Why, what's wrong with the gameplay we've seen?
Everything seems so floaty and albeit not as slow as brawl, still not an improvement on melee. And they brought back brawl's aid dodge and there's no wavedash or L cancel. Now we just need to hope that the game will require at least some degree of skill instead of mashing random buttons like ten year old and still expect to win.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
You know, we already discussed that if Pyrosphere wasn't available as part of the E3 demo, and Ridley wasn't confirmed, it'd be really suspicious. Almost as if they were plotting something.
Well, take a gander at the stage selection.
Do you see Pyrosphere?

D

Deleted member

If Ridley isn't playable, there will be no reason for me to buy the 3DS version, the Wii U is a must, I just want Sakurai to end this once and for all.
Sakurai is playing with us, making us think he's not playable, hopefully, he's revealed at the Q&A or the Invitational

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
Replying to spam/Off topic
Implying Melee was good...

Honestly, Melee is so overrated. Yeah, sure, wave dashing and stuff, whatever. But if Smash 4 has the speed of Melee, it will be far superior.
Most people agree that melee was good because it was difficult. Most of those who prefer brawl are not interested in getting better in the game because of the easy level cap at wich you can't get any better technically, only with some mild mindgames.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Melee overrated? That's blasphemy my good good sir!
Most people agree that melee was good because it was difficult. Most of those who prefer brawl are not interested in getting better in the game because of the easy level cap at wich you can't get any better technically, only with some mild mindgames.
Melee is by no means bad. I love Melee, it's a good game! I think it gets a little too much credit, is all.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Seriously, we don't know for sure 100% until we see his flesh and blood. It's not confirmed, but not deconfirmed. So stop dragging everyone down and let everyone go nuts until we see him with our own eyes

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Yes yes whatever

If there's one topic where someone needs to say Melee > Brawl, it's the Ridley topic.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
You know, they haven't shown a boatload of veterans yet.

And it's doubtful that what we have is the final roster.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
The fact that Bowser like Mario and I would take a guess and say luigi have now different kind of fireballs thanks to moveset customisation and the fact that the FD version of Pyrosphere have been modified to include the lava and the lights from the normal Pyrosphere is scarring the **** out of me right now.

I still plan to support playable Ridley until the bitter end tough, I don't plan to give up before Sakurai rub Bossley in my face.

Top Bottom