• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
He just listed the newcomers he had said in the past, just like last year, he is going to get something right
Except he got the name of the Mii Fighter exactly right. Everybody figured it would just be "Mii". It's Mii Fighter. That means something.

He got Wii Fit Trainer. He got Mii Fighter. Two incredibly unlikely to be predicted characters by name. He got them both right.

ZcK

Smash Cadet
NNID
Calamardo
Going back to ridley....
The site has been updated with some stuff of the game modes.
http://www.smashbros.com/us/3ds/gamemode/entry1.html
The final destination form of pyrosphere now has lava and those purple things are not in the same position(From what I recall).
So does this hurts in any way ridley`s chances?

Edit: Ninja´d this forum moves fast

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Going back to ridley....
The final destination form of pyrosphere now has lava and those purple things are not in the same position(From what I recall).
Pointed this out. It just solidifies even more the 50/50.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Going back to ridley....
I don't know anymore. Does Ridley still have chances? Is the prophecy of Sal inescapable? Are we not slaves to our destiny?

Ranged options for slow characters are excellent options.
At least, if Ridley bites the dust, Bowser will be cool.

D

Deleted member

The only thing we know is that Ridley cannot be involved with the lava since it changes on the FD form

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Also we know the lava is not a stage hazard, because it appears on the FD form. You could interpret that to affect Ridley's chances in some way, maybe, but that's a bit of a thin argument imo

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Has Ridley been shown as a boss hazard yet?

No?

This changes nothing.

Also we know the lava is not a stage hazard, because it appears on the FD form. You could interpret that to affect Ridley's chances in some way, maybe, but that's a bit of a thin argument imo
Wait, what? Link?

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I wouldn't say 100% not a hazard. I mean, maybe the lava doesn't rise or-

Yeah, it's probably not a hazard. I cri erri tiem.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger.
Shooting the messenger is fun. Especially with plasma.

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
They said we could add any character to the game through Miis. Nuts how in the world im going to create a Mii similar to Ridley? There is not even Winged Mii... or there is? Winged Mii confirmed as secret character.

lilt

Smash Journeyman
Good thing is, if Ridley won't be playable, I can release my anger in beating up Mii Sakurai. :denzel:

..not that I'd really wanted to. ^^

Last edited:

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
They said we could add any character to the game through Miis. Nuts how in the world im going to create a Mii similar to Ridley? There is not even Winged Mii... or there is? Winged Mii confirmed as secret character.
You could make an incredibly stupid looking humanoid Ridley. I still think we will get the real thing.

All I forsee is online mode 4 player FFA Hitler miis. That is all I can see[/quote said:
Beating up Hitler could be pretty fun.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

Huh. The purple thingies are now caged, and there's lava.

Still, the lava hazard is possible, and we still don't know what the hell the purple thingies do.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure the purple things do something, they weren't there on OM and I doubt they are just aesthetic

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
They've always been like that, except on the Final Destination version of the stage.
This IS the FD version.

If there's any judgement of mine that's shaken, it's my faith in the lava hazard.

Master Ridley will have his day.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The last thing I would take from Pyrosphere not being in the demo is "Ridley Confirmed"

It doesn't change anything. Don't get all conspiracy theorist with this. It'll bite you in the rear if you aren't careful.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
BTW, I wanted to comment on the lava thing:

There is the possibility that the lava flow is indeed merely aesthetical, but in the regular stage the lava pool underneath does rise up to the playable area. Just like the holes, the lavafall could serve a functional purpose on the regular stage, but only a cosmetic purpose in the FD version.

Actually, if Ridley is a hazard Id guess the lava will rise up to where those purple thingies are so it resembles Super/ZM Ridley's battle room.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
So here we are again.

E3 was a thing. Ridley wasn't so much as seen.

Which...leaves us in the same exact position as we were in before E3!
Plus, we can't forget that the game was delayed to late September. They still have plenty of time to add new characters.

This show ain't over yet, fellas.

After 2:40, there's an explosion. Take as you will.
No offense, but it didn't seem like anything particularly noteworthy there. Might've been a bomb laid by the Gunner Mii earlier. Who knows?

Last edited:
Top Bottom