• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
If Ridley is really disconfirmed at or after E3, this thread will explode.
If he isn't shown at E3, this thread will explode more.

And if he is revealed...well, I think it will just literally explode.
No matter what happens at E3, we have the certainty that this thread will explode and that Smashboards will crash

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Do you think that if he's reveled it will be at the conference in the moorning or during the tournament? Or just most the character announcements? I'm just so anxious I need to sleep.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
The hype is so real I could just spam this thead with garbage. I'm not even thinking before posting anymore. Can you imagine what this thead will look like tomorrow with 200 more guys just like me?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
SCAN0213.JPG

I will leave this here...since I think I'm not going to be able to see the event tomorrow...and this site will crash...so, I will have my hopes up...

EDIT: sorry for the grammatical errors.... :3 I'm not a perfect english speaker...

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
View attachment 15841
I will leave this here...since I think I'm not going to be able to see the event tomorrow...and this site will crash...so, I will have my hopes up...

EDIT: sorry for the grammatical errors.... :3 I'm not a perfect english speaker...
Rayman is my favorite video game character, and this made me tear up a little :)

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Rayman is my favorite video game character, and this made me tear up a little :)
:3 Glad you liked it! xD Yup, Rayman is the hero of my childhood! And I love Rids! So I really wanted to do that little quick comic...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So who thinks Ridley's fireballs should explode on impact or something? Because I think that'd be pretty neat.
Depends on how they function. I personally prefer the idea that he can spew multiple fireballs in a cone in front of him by holding down the B button, not unlike his NES version, just with less range and more speed. However if it's just one big fireball that can be charged it'd be neat to see it go right through other players, just to distinguish it from Charge Shot and Aura Sphere.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
*Sigh* I won't be here during E3, so I'm not going to join in on the upcoming hypestorm/****storm that's going to hit Smashboards. If he's revealed to be a boss hazard or just isn't shown at all, then I'm just going to leave the forum until the 3DS version comes out.

I said that I was going to post a sketch that I made of Ridley a while back, and here it is. I first made it back in February after Little Mac's reveal, when I was experiencing the hype like the rest of you.
Never-give-up-follow-your-dreams.jpg
Looking back at it, I can tell that I did a pretty terrible job with Ridley during the inking process. It was my first time ever drawing his Other M form, and the only reference I had of him was the concept art. I much prefer drawing cartoony people like Bowser and King Dedede.

Here's hoping to that we can see something like this in-game.

Attachments

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Damn, tough break. See ya around Armless. I have to leave for somewhere just an hour or less after Nintendo's E3 conference, so I guess I'm lucky I'll be able to see it at all as it happens.

And nice pic. Its title is... inspiring.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Depends on how they function. I personally prefer the idea that he can spew multiple fireballs in a cone in front of him by holding down the B button, not unlike his NES version, just with less range and more speed. However if it's just one big fireball that can be charged it'd be neat to see it go right through other players, just to distinguish it from Charge Shot and Aura Sphere.
They can spread out AND explode!

No? Maybe I play too much Touhou...

Meandpikachu

Smash Journeyman
I Have go to bed now but I really want Ridley so I can't wait, I don't trust SSB4 because I don't want of Ridley to be a boss please help me...:(

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Damn, tough break. See ya around Armless. I have to leave for somewhere just an hour or less after Nintendo's E3 conference, so I guess I'm lucky I'll be able to see it at all as it happens.

And nice pic. Its title is... inspiring.
Thanks. It was actually taken from someone else's quote about this picture here, which inspired it:

I figured since that Pikachu, Little Mac (newcomer), and Olimar are the smallest characters so far in the game, I would do a version of three villains: Bowser, Ridley (newcomer), and King Dedede. My only regrets are that I wish I had more time to draw Other M Ridley, and that I posted this well before E3.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
*Sigh* I won't be here during E3, so I'm not going to join in on the upcoming hypestorm/****storm that's going to hit Smashboards. If he's revealed to be a boss hazard or just isn't shown at all, then I'm just going to leave the forum until the 3DS version comes out.

I said that I was going to post a sketch that I made of Ridley a while back, and here it is. I first made it back in February after Little Mac's reveal, when I was experiencing the hype like the rest of you.
Never-give-up-follow-your-dreams.jpg
Looking back at it, I can tell that I did a pretty terrible job with Ridley during the inking process. It was my first time ever drawing his Other M form, and the only reference I had of him was the concept art. I much prefer drawing cartoony people like Bowser and King Dedede.

Here's hoping to that we can see something like this in-game.
I'm right there with you if the worst happens, like I've said before Ridley is the only reason I'm in the speculation scene at all, I probably won't make as big an exit as I did last time though. Heck, I was already well into my break from Smash until I stumbled upon one of the shadow size comparisons made by @Dalek_Kolt on Reddit, and as long as Ridley has at least a little chance that's enough to keep me around. I'm probably still going to stick around if he isn't shown at all though, but I certainly won't be as active as I've been leading up to this E3, at least not until the 3DS version releases.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm right there with you if the worst happens, like I've said before Ridley is the only reason I'm in the speculation scene at all, I probably won't make as big an exit as I did last time though. Heck, I was already well into my break from Smash until I stumbled upon one of the shadow size comparisons made by @Dalek_Kolt on Reddit, and as long as Ridley has at least a little chance that's enough to keep me around. I'm probably still going to stick around if he isn't shown at all though, but I certainly won't be as active as I've been leading up to this E3, at least not until the 3DS version releases.
One of the reasons why I came back here is because of RelaxAlax's video on Ridley, in which he made good arguments on why Ridley still has a chance. Now I'm still skeptical about him, as well as every other potential newcomer (except Palutena), but it's thanks to him that I believe Sakurai has plenty of more surprises up his sleeve.

Now if he's wrong, I won't be terribly surprised.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
One of the reasons why I came back here is because of RelaxAlax's video on Ridley, in which he made good arguments on why Ridley still has a chance. Now I'm still skeptical about him, as well as every other potential newcomer (except Palutena), but it's thanks to him that I believe Sakurai has plenty of more surprises up his sleeve.

Yeah, it's a pretty good video. Didn't win me over at first though, I don't put that much faith into Sakurai to think that teasing like this pays off all the time, it was mostly when I saw hard pressed evidence that Ridley wasn't boss-big that I regained at least a little faith.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman

Everyone here seems to have a deep reason and a back story to why they came back to the smash community. You could all almost write a poem about it. And here I am sitting in my chair thinking about how I'm just here because of Gamexplain reminding me that smash exists and one thing led to another. Nothing as fancy as you guys really

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Everyone here seems to have a deep reason and a back story to why they came back to the smash community. You could all almost write a poem about it. And here I am sitting in my chair thinking about how I'm just here because of Gamexplain reminding me that smash exists and one thing led to another. Nothing as fancy as you guys really
I'm sure with enough effort you could also pimp that story up to sound really life-changing.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Since this is probably going to be my last ever post in this thread, I want to say that this has been a great ride with you guys. I know things have been difficult this past year or so regarding Ridley, but I want all of you to keep your chins up and hope for the best. Even if things seem dire, just remember that this isn't the end. This will not be Ridley's last stand into ever making it into Super Smash Bros., and our voices will be heard by Nintendo eventually.

I remember first coming to this thread as a rookie. I almost always posted here, passionate about my support for Ridley and that he had a very good chance of getting in. It wasn't until the Direct that I completely lost hope, and left the Smash community for about a month until it came back knocking. Now I've reemerged as a skeptic, and am now well-aware of Sakurai's trolling potential. I've met friends here, argued with detractors, and shed blood and tears when things seemed lost. If worst comes to worst, then I'm afraid that I'll have to leave this forum until the 3DS version comes out. I'm sorry, but there are many more important things for me in life to take care of.

Peace, guys. Let's all pray to the Cunning God of Death.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I don't know about anyone else, but I never really "left". I was just busy playing Dark Souls. Then I came back to find that a bunch of people flipped out after the Direct.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

This cute Space Dragon deserves a cute Theme remix:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Well let's see. I've come up with several different possibilities for Ridley tomorrow to prepare myself:

1. Ridley is playable fighter!
2. Ridley is not shown but eluded to some more...
3. Ridley is not shown AT ALL!
4. Rdley is a stage hazard.
5. Ridley is an Assist Trophy!?
6. Ridley is a boss.
7. Ridley is a playable boss.
8. Fighters can transform into Ridley and other boss characters. Making him sometimes playable.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Well, Ridley, more or less, survived a year's worth of PotDs, its only a few hours to finally see the end of this!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
We are 7 hours away from the Direct. I can even taste the hype.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Omaigawd i am so hyped for ridley in super smash Brothers I am going to watch it with my friend Kyle!!!!!!!!!! I really want to see ridley in super smash Brothers!!! Plsz sakurai read this!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg im freaking out im so hyped u gaiz for this super smash Brothers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Also I heard some people speculate about Ridley's Final Smash....Well I have an idea
You all know Megaman's Final Smash, right?

How about something like this?

RIDLEYS UNITE!
(From left to right): Mecha Ridley, Little Birdie, Mystery Creature (Adolescent Ridley), Meta Ridley, Ridley-X, Original Ridley and Omega Ridley.
THIS would be the best Metroid Fan Tribute.
Forgive me for replying to this so late, but I would be remiss to not repost this:

Ridley Legends.png

"Ridley! Meta Ridley! Clone/Other Ridley! Omega Ridley! Neo Ridley-X! Ridley legends, unite!"

Mods better get ready regardless, because a storm is coming. Either a hypestorm or a ****storm.
The storm is the one that should get ready for me.

And, more importantly, for Ridley.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Please Sakurai, let Ridley be playable, other wise he'd be (what looks to be) a terribly done boss hazard, and the removed lava from Pyrosphere FD would've been pointless.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Roughly 6 hours remain, and I am honestly having trouble wording this post. I guess I'll just post gifs of how I'll react if certain stuff happens.
If somebody I didn't exactly want but I don't mind that much is revealed:

If Ridley or K Rool are revealed:

In the event that both are revealed:
-linked for censor dodging-

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5kng7ISJA1r99ont.gif

In the event no character is revealed, or someone I didn't want:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom