• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Of course I want Ridley, but I look at this realistically and it seems unlikely to me.
I remember you saying that you didn't understand why people wanted Ridley and that it would be an odd choice. I believe you called him a mindless boss monster or something along those lines.

Unless you changed your mind from back then?

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I remember you saying that you didn't understand why people wanted Ridley and that it would be an odd choice. I believe you called him a mindless boss monster or something along those lines.

Unless you changed your mind from back then?
I didn't say that? I honestly would be fine with any character as I've said before. What I was asking is why Ridley had such immense popularity compared to other characters, not saying he is a bad character.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Sadly i won't be here for the final momment if ridley is confirmed so make sure to tell me what happens.

If confirmed playable my reaction gifs are porbably going to be late.

If not oh well i will move on and see who else gets playable in this.

So whoever is reveal playable make sure to tell me, if the forums don't crash from hype anyway.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
I didn't say that? I honestly would be fine with any character as I've said before. What I was asking is why Ridley had such immense popularity compared to other characters, not saying he is a bad character.
Oh ok I just remember having arguments with you in the past and you saying some crazy things like that. :p

Long live Ridley.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I see Wario as a villain, even when he's the protagonist in his games, he's only doing it for selfish reasons (money) and doesn't care about anyone else to get what he wants. Doesn't seem like hero/friendly rival behaviour to me.
Wario isn't a villain though, he's just an egotistical greedy jerk. Villains are guys who constantly cause trouble for their own merits, Wario isn't out to cause trouble specifically, he's only doing things for the money. Even then the majority of the time it involves being a good guy. He doesn't care whether it's doing good or bad, while villains usually delight in doing bad stuff, Wario only delights in the treasure he can get. Wario isn't a villain, but I wouldn't call him a rival either, he's just a fat jerk.

The only real villains we have had in Smash are Bowser, Ganondorf and Wolf. Not only are we lacking in villains on the roster, but we're also lacking in heavy weights, so K. Rool or Ridley would both balance out the newcomer roster a ton.

Last edited:

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
I must add. I read a good amount of debates on the Ridley support thread and I connected to Ridley supporters more then other character supporters. I was against Ridley my self at one point but I never made a big deal out of it. I just didn't understand and because I never played Metroid. Once I started watching more Ridley YouTube videos and read Ridley controversials. I became addicted as if they were a documental Ridley TV series. When I got a full understanding of his character and how he could work, I was like "Damn, this guy would be an intriguing character and would be insane to play as" I thought I would have been able to keep my hopes down but their pretty high now. Can't help it. Its Ridley. If our all time favorite Purple Space Dragon is disconfirmed, I would be more depressed just from knowing you all will most likely be depressed and will try to avoid viewing the Ridley support thread and will probably never return to Smashboards. I may not have seem like a Ridley supporter but I always there rooting after I came to my senses. It is time for those who doubted Ridley to be proven wrong and for his honorable supporters to finally be able to rest happy. There are more reasons why Ridley should become playable. Not just because he is a Nintendo All Star.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I actually want black shadow more than Ridley, but his chances are abysmall so I'm cheering for ridley this e3 :D

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I still believe that Ridley won't get in. No matter how people try to convince me, I just think back to the smash direct and ridley's shadow .... I'd hope to be wrong though

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
:3 Well, just a few hours and the truth for Ridley will be known....I will try to not to think about the event so I don't get my hand cut off by an electric saw (need to concentrate to cut some wood....)....so I will wait until I get home to have it as a surprise...getting my heart ready....

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I'm not banking on Ridley being anything. It could honestly go either way, and either way I will not be surprised.

If Ridley does become a boss, though, it better be 200x cooler than the slow, small flying garbage in the direct. I can understand Yellow Devil being slow and choppy, but Ridley? No way in hell.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I'm still so excited and yet there's still 1 1/2 hours left to go why must I do this to myself ;-;
I guess I'll try champion's road a few more times... maybe... probably not...

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I can guarantee that Nintendo's site will crash. I recommend watching on twitch.tv/twitch. Even if that chat is cancer. It's kind of funny sometimes

Top Bottom