• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
My intuition tells me that Ridley will be a no-show this time.

I'm hoping that I'm wrong.
Yeah, I just have this feeling that Pyrosphere isn't a playable stage and Sakurai doesn't even make a nod to Ridley at all. Like I've said before, I can't imagine that they aren't going to ride the Ridley train all the way to the end station, doesn't matter if he's playable or not, they've set something into motion no doubt and I'm sure they're going to extent it as far as possible, if only to make people still talk and go nuts about him, and thus Smash too. On the other hand, I'm fairly certain this will be the last presentation before the 3DS version releases, and if Ridley is playable I'm sure Sakurai wants to present him formally rather than him leaking or something, that is of course only if he's playable.

So yeah, technically it could go either way, but I'm going to go in with the mindset that Ridley isn't going to be shown or alluded to, neither as playable or as a hazard, but most likely a hazard at the demo/invitational if anything.

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
I am so mad I am going to miss this live, I won't miss the tourney though, also are we expecting Ridley to be revealed during the tournament, that seems like the best place to reveal him. Also where can I see the digital event on the eshop without getting spoiled by anything?

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Saw your name as I was catching up with the thread (only 50 pages this time, we're slacking), but figured it was just a coincidence. What brings you so far from the Jiggs boards?

Yeah, I just have this feeling that Pyrosphere isn't a playable stage and Sakurai doesn't even make a nod to him. Like I've said before, I can't imagine that they aren't going to ride the Ridley train all the way to the end station, doesn't matter if he's playable or not, they've set something into motion no doubt and I'm sure they're going to extent it as far as possible, if only to make people still talk and go nuts about him, and thus Smash. On the other hand, I'm fairly certain this will be the last presentation before the 3DS version releases, and if Ridley is playable I'm sure Sakurai wants to present him formally rather than him leaking or something, that is of course only if he's playable.

So yeah, technically it could go either way, but I'm going to go in with the mindset that Ridley isn't going to be shown or alluded to, neither as playable or as a hazard, but most likely a hazard at the demo/invitational if anything.
I realize I'm in the minority, but I don't think they'll show anything aside from the starting roster, stages for the invitational, and most of the stuff we either already know about through Miiverse updates (albeit screenshots pale in comparison to seeing them in action) or pre-Invitational hype, such as getting to know the players/their character choices.

I believe that the possibility exists that quite a few characters will remain secret to the end, and that we're getting our hopes too high, much like last E3 (I recall the boards being all but sure that the likes of K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo and Palutena were all but sure to be shown during last year's). If not through the actual gameplay footage on the Pyrosphere, the only other reason we'd see Ridley, I believe, is if a new Metroid title is indeed confirmed. And even that's a stretch, as amazing as it'd be.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
We are only a few hours away to know Ridley's fate, I'm so excited
Anyway if Ridley isn't revealed in e3 they might reveal him in August in a nintendo direct

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Saw your name as I was catching up with the thread (only 50 pages this time, we're slacking), but figured it was just a coincidence. What brings you so far from the Jiggs boards?

I realize I'm in the minority, but I don't think they'll show anything aside from the starting roster, stages for the invitational, and most of the stuff we either already know about through Miiverse updates (albeit screenshots pale in comparison to seeing them in action) or pre-Invitational hype, such as getting to know the players/their character choices.

I believe that the possibility exists that quite a few characters will remain secret to the end, and that we're getting our hopes too high, much like last E3 (I recall the boards being all but sure that the likes of K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo and Palutena were all but sure to be shown during last year's). If not through the actual gameplay footage on the Pyrosphere, the only other reason we'd see Ridley, I believe, is if a new Metroid title is indeed confirmed. And even that's a stretch, as amazing as it'd be.
Yeah I was like woah I totally remember that samus from the vgcdays XD

Well if ridley's playable, he'll deff. be an airborne character and that's my style so yeah... Jiggs boards are death anyways.

Plus I really want a new metroidvillian for smash :D

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
The roster seems kind of boring at the moment in terms of hero to villain ratio.

Villains (or "bad guys" for some) that are in the game/likely to return (veterans):
  1. Bowser
  2. King Dedede
  3. Wario
  4. Ganondorf
I would say Meta Knight, but he seems more of just an honourable rival than a bad guy. Wolf is unknown at the moment. So that's like 4 villains/bad guys, but the rest are heroes or "good guys". I thought Super Smash Bros. is meant to be full of Nintendo All-Stars? Villains should be included in that term, what is a game without its villain? Plus since we're down on the number of villains, and Metroid is lacking playable reps that aren't named Samus, Ridley is perfect for the roster. You'd have to be crazy in not wanting to play as a purple dragon alien general of Space Pirates, who is also the most recurring antagonist of the series.

Staarih

Smash Master
Is anyone else all "oh my god oh my gosh oh dear lord" and running around like a headless chicken?

because I definitely am not.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
obligatory hype post

don't you guys sleep
I slept like a baby.

So far im highly confident on playable but not getting my hopes up.

Probably won't be able to see the trailers live but maybe i will get lucky with atleast 1 of the newcomers.

Since there is clearly going to be more than 1 newcomers announced today/tomorrow/thursday.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Found this fan art. I'd be coo
The roster seems kind of boring at the moment in terms of hero to villain ratio.

Villains (or "bad guys" for some) that are in the game/likely to return (veterans):
  1. Bowser
  2. King Dedede
  3. Wario
  4. Ganondorf
I would say Meta Knight, but he seems more of just an honourable rival than a bad guy. Wolf is unknown at the moment. So that's like 4 villains/bad guys, but the rest are heroes or "good guys". I thought Super Smash Bros. is meant to be full of Nintendo All-Stars? Villains should be included in that term, what is a game without its villain? Plus since we're down on the number of villains, and Metroid is lacking playable reps that aren't named Samus, Ridley is perfect for the roster. You'd have to be crazy in not wanting to play as a purple dragon alien general of Space Pirates, who is also the most recurring antagonist of the series.
This is how I see it.

Villains: :4bowser::ganondorf::4villager:

Rivals: :4dedede::wolf::warioc::metaknight:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
My attempt at making a Ridley trailer:

I posted this on Miiverse:
"You know what would be epic? A Ridley/Mewtwo double trailer. Pyrosphere, Samus and Pikachu. Everybody and their hamster knows it's gonna be Ridley but after Ridley comes flying from the lava under the stage and his gamplay was showed, Mewtwo comes floating up from the same place and they fire projectiles (Napalm and Plasma balls) together"

But now I thought of part 2:

Pikachu tries to Thunder on Ridley but he dodges it.
Then Samus fires a Super Missile to Mewtwo but Mewtwo just destroys it.
Some more gameplay and it ends with Mewtwo and Ridley grinning whiile Samus and Pikachu lay down.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
We are only a few hours away to know Ridley's fate, I'm so excited
Anyway if Ridley isn't revealed in e3 they might reveal him in August in a nintendo direct
I would think that if they have been hyping it like some think, then they probably would be saving it for E3.

Either way, we're gonna find out in like, four hours. Will the hype train reach Smash station? Or will it derail and kill everyone in a horrible fire?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I would think that if they have been hyping it like some think, then they probably would be saving it for E3.

Either way, we're gonna find out in like, four hours. Will the hype train reach Smash station? Or will it derail and kill everyone in a horrible fire?
why not both?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Team Battle :)

My attempt at making a Ridley trailer:

I posted this on Miiverse:
"You know what would be epic? A Ridley/Mewtwo double trailer. Pyrosphere, Samus and Pikachu. Everybody and their hamster knows it's gonna be Ridley but after Ridley comes flying from the lava under the stage and his gamplay was showed, Mewtwo comes floating up from the same place and they fire projectiles (Napalm and Plasma balls) together"

But now I thought of part 2:

Pikachu tries to Thunder on Ridley but he dodges it.
Then Samus fires a Super Missile to Mewtwo but Mewtwo just destroys it.
Some more gameplay and it ends with Mewtwo and Ridley grinning whiile Samus and Pikachu lay down.
EDIT: Extra points if Ridley casts a shadow over the stage when he flies over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kamiko

Smash Ace

The train's gonna crash right through E3 without ever slowing down.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
You're... a time traveler!?!?

Why have you with held information on the roster, then?

DONT YOU WANT TO FURTHER THE CAUSE
Nah, I'm in the present, you're in the past =P

Found this fan art. I'd be coo

This is how I see it.

Villains: :4bowser::ganondorf::4villager:

Rivals: :4dedede::wolf::warioc::metaknight:
The Villager being a villain thing's a bit funny, but at the same time part of a meme going a bit too far, to be honest.

Since Dedede has lately been helping Kirby out in games, but often fights against Kirby when under mind control by one of the antagonists, I can see why he'd be considered a rival more than a bad guy now.

I see Wario as a villain, even when he's the protagonist in his games, he's only doing it for selfish reasons (money) and doesn't care about anyone else to get what he wants. Doesn't seem like hero/friendly rival behaviour to me.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Welp, I have some actual work to do this morning, but fortunately I can take my lunch break right at the direct.

I'll see you guys on the other side. I love you all. In a totally not gay way. Unless you're male. In which case it would be in a gay way.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Unfortunately what I see happening is the same thing he did with the Yellow Devil... just show Ridley and talk about what he does on the stage.

and then reveal him

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately what I see happening is the same thing he did with the Yellow Devil... just show Ridley and talk about what he does on the stage.

and then reveal him
The Yellow Devil is a 3rd party character. Ridley is a Nintendo character. Big difference.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

and then reveal him
Are you really a Ridley supporter? You posts are always so negative about Ridley's chances.

Top Bottom