• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
Well everyone we are close to his true reveal be it playable or boss and and there is only one thing I can say and that one thing is..... that I hope his character reveal trailer is awesome XD

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
One more day until disappointment...:sadeyes:

OR MAYBE REJOICING!!! YEAH!!!!:grin:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
E2A571_0D8FAF5FE4016_000.gif

Birdie: "I'm so bored! and big bro is asleep!!! He played all day long with that "Ray" guy and not a single time with me!"

xD Yup, Little Ridley and Little Rayquaza are BFFs...

andimidna

Smash Master
Yes but Chrom does seem like the most likely new rep though I would personally like to see Anna or even Robin.
Going by Awakening supports and roles throughout the series of Fire Emblem, Tiki's character is much closer related to Anna. And the song that played during the trophy reveal (Id Purpose?) is related to Robin.

I doubt the trophies are actually hints (yay made this post relevant to Ridley) except for Pseudotena, but if the Tiki trophy meant anything, I think it would link to Robin and/or Anna.

But I agree Chrom is the most likely. However, if they were to hint him with a trophy I think a Lissa trophy would be the best choice. Not Tiki or that song.

Did anyone else find it funny that Tiki (a Manakete) was deconfirmed right after Ridley's shadow was shown?
Tiki should be Pyrosphere's Stage Hazard. If the Balloon Fight Fish can be the Ice Climber Stage's Hazard, wynaut? :troll:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am only preparing myself to avoid SmashGAF like it is a plague, if Ridley is confirmed for a boss/hazard. The amount of **** Ridley supporters will have to endure there will be too much for me. I hope things here are different if he is disconfirmed. :drshrug:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Objectively speaking, that is only the case if Ridley is not in the game as a playable character. If say; he were, than not only would I not be foolish, but I would be clairvoyant.
You think that with all the ambiguous nods and teasing towards Ridley (as a stage hazard), that he's going to be made playable?

Nobody can predict what's going on in Sakurai's mind.

Morbi

Scavenger
You think that with all the ambiguous nods and teasing towards Ridley (as a stage hazard), that he's going to be made playable?

Nobody can predict what's going on in Sakurai's mind.
Perhaps I have, perhaps I have not; we shall come to a better understanding come Tuesday (assuming Ridley will be present for the event).

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
Well, this is it everyone! Hopefully we see Ridley make a playable appearance at E3 this week! I would lose my miiiiiiiiiiind!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I am only prepared for a Ridley confirmation, so I am probably going to get PTSD if he is not.
My heart would probably just silently sink to the bottom of the ocean again like it did on April 8th.

I am only preparing myself to avoid SmashGAF like it is a plague, if Ridley is confirmed for a boss/hazard. The amount of **** Ridley supporters will have to endure there will be too much for me. I hope things here are different if he is disconfirmed. :drshrug:
One can only hope you/others will find better refuge here then, given that others like IsmaR who haven't been watching this thread as much lately give out warnings to the "I told you so" posts and such. Makes me glad I'm not active on other sites far as Smash speculation's concerned besides here, unlike before Brawl. Other forums I used to go to would be cancerous to look at it now for upcoming Smash discussion, I would imagine.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Oh my god, Brinstar is back. :scared:

I really hope it's not the only Metroid stage for 3DS.
That's a fansite, bud. It has nothing to do with the actual game 'cept the Dojo posts and theorycrafting on movesets.

Anyway, look at the silver lining. If Sakurai's going to disappoint us with Ridley, chances are he'll do it tomorrow night. Chin up!

Reila

My heart would probably just silently sink to the bottom of the ocean again like it did on April 8th.

One can only hope you/others will find better refuge here then, given that others like IsmaR who haven't been watching this thread as much lately give out warnings to the "I told you so" posts and such. Makes me glad I'm not active on other sites far as Smash speculation's concerned besides here, unlike before Brawl. Other forums I used to go to would be cancerous to look at it now for upcoming Smash discussion, I would imagine.
Thanks. That is what I am hoping for. I don't go out of my way to tell people I was right about something, so I don't think others should too. That is pretty rude, when you think about it. But yeah, you're not losing much by not visiting other sites for Smash speculation. Although there are a few rude and disrespectful people even here, it seems to be in a lesser degree compared to the other site I mentioned.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Thanks. That is what I am hoping for. I don't go out of my way to tell people I was right about something, so I don't think others should too. That is pretty sure, when you think about it. But yeah, you're not losing much by not visiting other sites for Smash speculation. Although there are a few rude and disrespectful people even here, it seems to be in a lesser degree compared to the other site I mentioned.
It does seem pretentious to go out of your way to assert that you were correct, that is precisely why I am making it blatantly obvious that I expect Ridley at the Direct. That enables everyone to know that I was right, without having to do such a thing!

Zynux

Smash Lord
Welp, hopefully last time I'll post until e3 starts it's hype trains and the inevitable derails. Hopefully I'm an idiot and Ridley is playable! (And that the tournament gets me more interested in Smash 4)

EDIT: lol I had attached a picture of Luigi punching a Banzai Bill attached to this post when I was supposed to showing it to a friend on skype. Hope no one noticed hehe

Last edited:

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
Darn, watching the E3 Direct is gonna feel like watching the April direct all over again. Through the first half of the direct I was very happy to not see Ridley as a stage hazard and thought he was going to be revealed at the end, then the shadow happened. Hopefully this time we'll only see Ridley after his reveal trailer! :)

Staarih

Smash Master
Every time I open this thread a sudden burst of hype just attacks me and makes me both nervous and excited about E3. So close, so close...

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652
I'm once again back and seriously cannot wait for tomorrow. As for hype for E3, I painted a little something for the thread:
New E3 Metroid Painting image - 2.jpg
I did the painting for an E3 art contest. Thought I might share. ;) Ridley for Smash!

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Silently bakes Humble Pies for the 'wrong' party when Ridley is revealed...hopefully as playable...

While I may not be entirely 100% confident for Ridley's playability, we're four games in currently. Who the hell deserves a slot more than Ridley?

Maybe Mewtwo. Maybe.

There's a good chance that Ridley will be playable, but there's always the opposite chance to watch out for. Make sure to make your cult sacrifices keep optimistic for Ridley's chances!

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Silently bakes Humble Pies for the 'wrong' party when Ridley is revealed...hopefully as playable...

While I may not be entirely 100% confident for Ridley's playability, we're four games in currently. Who the hell deserves a slot more than Ridley?

Maybe Mewtwo. Maybe.

There's a good chance that Ridley will be playable, but there's always the opposite chance to watch out for. Make sure to make your cult sacrifices keep optimistic for Ridley's chances!
Yeah Ridley has like no competition left. There is no excuse this time.

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
I considered him disconfirmed in the April direct. Then the people in this thread analyzed the living hell out of the Ridley clip and got me thinking that maybe he still has a chance after all. So now I'm going to be disappointed all over again if he is finally shown to be a stage hazard. Thanks a lot guys.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I seriously want Ridley playable this time. With Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I wasn't expecting him as much because Sakurai didn't tease him the same for then as he has for SSB4. Either Sakurai is a tactical genius, where he's making people think Ridley's dis-confirmed during the SSB Direct and then announces Ridley playable at E3, or he's a sadistic troll who is pleased with disappointing fans after numerous teasing and trolling. I don't think he wants to disappoint fans, he knows people want Ridley, he's catering for the Western audience this time (Little Mac). If Ridley turns out a boss hazard after all this time, even with the Pyrosphere FD's missing lava features, which implies Pyrosphere's stage hazard relates to lava (like with other Metroid stages in previous games, which contradicts the 8/9 second clip of Shadow-ly), it's more or less a middle finger from Sakurai to the Ridley fans in my opinion.

Malle

Smash Apprentice
Tomorrow is the day, and I still have my Pina Colada ready.

No matter the results, I will cry.

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Guys, picture this:
The E3 features another direct-like SSB informational presentation with a whole part being used for showing off bosses and stage hazards. Some people don't give a ****, other people LOSE their **** because they know what MIGHT happen. A couple of other bosses get shown, Kamek in his full glory, whatever.

Then Pyrosphere.
Crowd's gulping and gasping.

It's Samus. 1v1 against some other opponent. Maybe Kirby or Pikachu, for +10 cuteness. Some epic slow-mo ****, charge beam, thunder, some cool dodges, Samus gets her ass electrocuted, Pikachu gets bombed. Stuff happens when suddenly the video switches to first-person. Something's attacking both of them, nosediving into Samus. A purple abomination grabs her. You don't see much but since the crowd doesn't consist of 3-year olds and/or comatose patients, everybody knows what's going on. Samus is able to free herself, lands on her butt and quickly decides to team up with Pikachu by petting him and feeding him tiny peaches.
Ridley lands and we see finally get to see him. He got some nice little design changes and looks badass. Then everyone remembers: "Oh, wait, we were talking about Bosses, right?" Reactions vary, dissapointment ensues for some of the fans but at least the trailer looks somewhat good. Everyone's silent. You hear someone say: "Well, at least we get a cool stage hazard, and-"

Suddenly the video is paused and the presenters are like: "Aw, shucks! That's the wrong video. Well, whatever, we'll just finish that character reveal first before actually talking about bosses."
Video continues with an actual newcomer screen, ultimatively confirming his playability.

Hilarity.
Joy.

Then Sakurai comes in, riding on a cyborg-hollyphant, throwing radioactive popsicles at haters before vanishing, leaving behind a little, white egg on the ground. It hatches after a couple of days, creating a chicken with Sakurai's head making japanese chicken noises. It eventually pukes out a piece of paper with both release dates.

Reila

I don't think we will get a lot of info about Smash like in the April Direct. This one will not be focused solely on Smash. We might get only the newcomer(s) and that is about it. Hopefully it will be Ridley.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
There's been word that the Digital Event is 30 minutes long. So either that means all newcomers and veterans to be announced will be in one trailer, or some will be spread out and shown for the invitational and SSB4 round table, because there's no way they can fit multiple SSB4 trailers in that time frame, whilst showing other games...

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I think the chance Ridley will be playable is 50%..

Pros:
- everything that has been said before (size,teasing,popularity etc.)

Cons:
- Why aren't they announcing which stages will be playable before the tournament? Is it because Ridley is on one of them?
- The direct
- The Potds: the hole on pyrosphere and ''an enemy may appear any second''

I'm really looking forward to his reveal to stop this debate and speculating because I'm getting really tired of it. :@

Last edited:

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
I think the chance Ridley will be playable is 50%..

Pros:
- everything that has been said before (size,teasing,popularity etc.)

Cons:
- Why aren't they announcing which stages will be playable before the tournament? Is it because Ridley is on one of them?
- The direct
- The Potds: the hole on pyrosphere and ''an enemy may appear any second''

I'm really looking forward to his reveal to stop this debate and speculating because I'm getting really tired of it. :@
Shhh you Shhh.
No room for non believers in this thread.:awesome:
:160:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
you can discount the size of shadows, the fan outcries, mainly everything else; imo basically the main important fact is

was sakurai trolling with that trailer

I mean, yeah, it's possible he wasn't trolling. And I don't wanna be crushed by disappointment again, so I'm even going to say it's probable he wasn't. It's a self serving lie, but I'm saying it.

But then you look at the rest of the direct. And then at Sakurai. but he's been replaced by a substitute doll so you move on.
There is a lot of depth behind those words RealTalk.

I love when I see RealTalk like propa Real talking one of the reasons I was upset when WarioFan left.

Annomuls is a good one too. Majora also

Last edited:
Top Bottom