• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It is fairly true that there's not much to indicate that she's a "bounty hunter" versus a Galactic Federation freelancer... it's not like we ever control her hunting down individuals. But what makes you think they intentionally made her dialogue flat and robot-like if the entire game is talking about her daddy issues and her maternal instincts? I'm pretty sure the voice acting just... isn't that good, not out of intent but because it simply isn't.

[/Rant]
No, the voice actress herself, said she tried to do her lines with gusto but the voice director people said they wanted it flat. I wasn't assuming. It was pretty bold to make a mostly silent character speak but they stumbled in that regard.

Still, the final fight against the Queen Metroid was awesome!

Back to reality, I think if Ridley was in Smash 4 he'd be based off his Brawl and Melee intro designs. The Bosses and Playable characters all have new models crafted from scratch so no worries about the whole model being lifted. Sakurai's Zamus was full of (for want of a better word) spunk (i.e. "Try me" "Is that all?") so we won't see that side.

D

Deleted member

On the subject of Prime, there is question on how canon those games are.
So while characterization from Other M may not match the Prime trilogy so to speak, that is something to consider.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Just six weeks left until we could very well have Ridley confirmed. So what are you guys going to do to celebrate once Ridley is confirmed?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Isn't that six weeks thing a little uncertain now? If they're not making a showing at E3 is there some other confirmation that there'll be a Nintendo Direct/other avenue of showing a trailer?

Anyway, once he's confirmed... I'll probably celebrate by being really happy. And probably not visiting this thread as often, since I'd start focusing on the other characters I want that haven't been confirmed.

D

Deleted member

Since Ridley is not one of my personally most wanted characters (I merely feel he deserves it and should be in), celebration isn't on my agenda.
Probably a preparation to antagonize the "too big" idiots, but that's just about it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Isn't that six weeks thing a little uncertain now? If they're not making a showing at E3 is there some other confirmation that there'll be a Nintendo Direct/other avenue of showing a trailer?
I would be extremely surprised if we got no Smash 4 news during the week of E3, especially considering both Sakurai and Iwata confirmed it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Just six weeks left until we could very well have Ridley confirmed. So what are you guys going to do to celebrate once Ridley is confirmed?
The K. Rool vs. Ridley rap in the former's thread is being made by Swampasaur, Frostwraith and BKupa. That's a good way to celebrate, I suppose.

By the way, judging from your posts, why are so sure that Ridley will be revealed at E3 and not later?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The K. Rool vs. Ridley rap in the former's thread is being made by Swampasaur, Frostwraith and BKupa. That's a good way to celebrate, I suppose.

By the way, judging from your posts, why are so sure that Ridley will be revealed at E3 and not later?
I think it's due to the fact that Ridley has so much hype that his appearance will be assured. Much like Meta Knight was the first Newcomer revealed for Brawl.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Because I think Ridley is among the few possible Nintendo newcomers that would be trailer material. There is just such a strong interest for him among Western Smash Bros. fans for so long and combined with his continued prominence, that I really feel he will be among the first newcomers confirmed.

I am also hoping Mega Man gets confirmed too, but I am feeling more uncertain in regards to a possible E3 confirmation for him.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Other M completely ignores the Prime trilogy, from what I understand. But why should Prime's canonicity be in question? It was developed by an outside studio, but in tandem with Nintendo. To use Zelda again, are the Oracle games in question because they're made by Capcom?

Also, she's different in Fusion than Other M. She was specifically sent to the station by GF. That whole mission was for them, so of course she's gonna take orders. But she still argues when she thinks they're being idiots, she's still strong and independent.

I would throw in more, but... frankly, even though Hero 42 hasn't played the game, his/her response is exactly what my thoughts on it are. With the addition that, again, I freaking HATE that the primary thing they use to detail her life in the space military is the fact that there aren't any other women there. IT'S THE FUTURE. IT'S IN SPACE. They should've gone with people maybe thinking she's some weird chozo freak that was raised by aliens and nobody trusts her. Not "oh look, she's got a vagina. Why don't we fondly call her Lady as we shoot stuff and trade thumbs ups?"
Yeah, if they were going to discriminate against her, that would've been a more interesting way to do it. I guess even in the space future the patriarchy doesn't know what to do with a powerful woman. I refuse to believe that by the time we're in space, battling aliens and flying to other planets, there won't be more sex equality in all facets of society. I don't want to live in that world.

Also, I'm a guy, so you can just say he from now on. =P

In other news, I started Prime 2 today.

D

Deleted member

Ridley's reveal really depends on whether or not he is one of the first newcomers in the data.

Outside of Snake, who was deliberately last in the data due to being a guest, the four revealed for Brawl were the first four newcomers in the data. Strangely though, Wario was the first instead of the fourth.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why did nobody to try to counter me with Ridley's popularity being mosly credited to the Melee trailer, and thus being regarded as second most likely Metroid newcomer, yet it being nothing more but a brief video explaining the story of Super Metroid?

Sure, Ridley seems like a logical choice for a Metroid newcomer. But Metroid hasn't got much to work with anyway in terms of important characters viable for Smash. Isn't Ridley's support mostly based on this? And his potential wicked aggressive moveset?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Why did nobody to try to counter me with Ridley's popularity being mosly credited to the Melee trailer, and thus being regarded as second most likely Metroid newcomer, yet it being nothing more but a brief video explaining the story of Super Metroid?

Sure, Ridley seems like a logical choice for a Metroid newcomer. But Metroid hasn't got much to work with anyway in terms of important characters viable for Smash. Isn't Ridley's support mostly based on this? And his potential wicked aggressive moveset?
Maybe during pre-Melee you would have had a point about that. However, since then Ridley has been mentioned and established in several games already as Samus's arch-nemesis and the leader of the Space Pirates.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ok but during pre-Brawl is was still Zero Suit Samus as the newcomer. Anyway, that's just my point I'd guess.

You guys still down for that rap battle though?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ok but during pre-Brawl is was still Zero Suit Samus as the newcomer. Anyway, that's just my point I'd guess.

You guys still down for that rap battle though?
I'm working on it.

It's a lot harder to find a good beat than I thought.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Make the lyrics first. Maybe someone could slow down or fasten the beat for you when you have something on paper.

D

Deleted member

I can see his appearance in Melee's opening as a big reason he's popular today. Same with Samurai Goroh.
Though the two also have their roles in their games to help them acheive their popularity.
More specifically the fact that the Fire Stingray was the best machine in the original F-Zero game in Goroh's case. That probably helped him more than people realize.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If it's a rap battle, it wouldn't be that good if we all used the same lyrics

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Or we make it as big as possible by each adding our own?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If it's a rap battle, it wouldn't be that good if we all used the same lyrics
Or we make it as big as possible by each adding our own?
Uh....

Look. If I can barely get things together for Turtle's rap, there is no way I can do it for everyone.

Besides. It's supposed to be K.Rool vs Ridley. No one else really.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No not you alone you know, we each make some stuff, and pick out the best lyrics. Or well, Turtle's rap alone would also be cool.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Don't know, but that is a good question. I believe I had a good/better idea of what I was gonna do to celebrate if he had been confirmed pre-Brawl, but now I'm not really sure, aside from what Golden said about antagonizing the too biggers.

Oh yeah, I would start by actually making a MDB account and bumping that thread I posted earlier, telling the higher ups of the forum to suck it.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well... I would most likely do two things.

1. Antagonize "Too Biggers."
2. Watch the trailer a bazillion times.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I gathered that much, but was he a user here, or someplace else? Because the username still doesn't ring a bell to me.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'm stubborn, but I like to keep my options open. I'm stubborn about characters being left OUT, but I think anyone could get in. make sense?

EDIT: before someone gets confused, I'm NOT who they were talking about.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I gathered that much, but was he a user here, or someplace else? Because the username still doesn't ring a bell to me.
He's well known on GameFAQs. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't dare to set up a SmashBoards account, not with Chrono and Golden around. (especially Golden as he has run into him already. :laugh:)

D

Deleted member

I'm sure many would be eager to talk to Vaztor71. ;) :troll:
I hope that if Ridley is confirmed at E3 that Vaztor leaves the Smash Bros. community once and for all. Honestly, I hate his guts and the way he treats others.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I hope that if Ridley is confirmed at E3 that Vaztor leaves the Smash Bros. community once and for all. Honestly, I hate his guts and the way he treats others.
I knew he was stupid but was he mean?

BTW anyone have a link to his stupidity? I need a laugh.

D

Deleted member

I knew he was stupid but was he mean?

BTW anyone have a link to his stupidity? I need a laugh.
Yes he is ugly towards other people, particularly. Back in late 2011, I remember him antagonizing Ridley supporters with lies about him and he even did the unforgivable... made a fake Twitter picture to say that Ridley was deconfirmed from Sakurai's mouth in an attempt to demoralize Ridley fans.

That's why I hope he leaves after a likely Ridley confirmation at E3 2013, because I don't want him to possibly move on to another character to antagonize and demoralize.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yes he is ugly towards other people, particularly. Back in late 2011, I remember him antagonizing Ridley supporters with lies about him and he even did the unforgivable... made a fake Twitter picture to say that Ridley was deconfirmed from Sakurai's mouth in an attempt to demoralize Ridley fans.

That's why I hope he leaves after a likely Ridley confirmation at E3 2013, because I don't want to possibly move on to another character to antagonize and demoralize.
I must see this twitter picture.

Do you have a link?

And why hasn't this guy been banned yet?

Top Bottom