• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

I must see this twitter picture.

Do you have a link?

And why hasn't this guy been banned yet?
Unfortunately, the thread has been deleted. However, several members here have witnessed the fake Twitter picture (me, ChronoBound, Oasis_S and Starphoenix are some I can remember) and it infuriated me. Vaztor should have gotten a permaban for that move on the Ridley fans, but as we all know, moderation on GameFAQs is even worse than that on Smashboards.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Unfortunately, the thread has been deleted. However, several members here have witnessed the fake Twitter picture (me, ChronoBound, Oasis_S and Starphoenix are some I can remember) and it infuriated me. Vaztor should have gotten a permaban for that move on the Ridley fans, but as we all know, moderation on GameFAQs is even worse than that on Smashboards.
um, does gamefaqs have anything to do with banning? explain please.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Still anyone got a link to a thread this guy made?

I wanna see this jerk for myself.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is this Vaztor guy the same one that Golden tore a new one with an eight-post argument? That was legendary...

D

Deleted member

um, does gamefaqs have anything to do with banning? explain please.
Because the fact that people like Vaztor are still allowed to run around in attempts to demoralize other fans for his own pleasure shows how horrible modding on GameFAQs is. Vaztor hasn't given any good reasons why he should stick around, so the bug needs to be squashed before it infects other characters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Context here: A fake Twitter Pic of what?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Because the fact that people like Vaztor are still allowed to run around in attempts to demoralize other fans for his own pleasure shows how horrible modding on GameFAQs is. Vaztor hasn't given any good reasons why he should stick around, so the bug needs to be squashed before it infects other characters.
I meant what does banning anyone ON THIS SITE have anything to do with gamefaqs? like, are they connected or something? or was he just a member on gamefaqs to begin with? I'm just confusing myself, sorry.

anyways, so ridley:chuckle:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
HEY BKUPA. HOW DOES IT FEEL TO HAVE A THREAD STILL IN THE ONE THOUSAND POSTS RANGE. GOTTA SAY THE THREE THOUSANDS ARE PRETTY COOL.

Also, I like to think I would do something cool in celebration of Ridley being confirmed in the trailer, but I'm pretty sure I would just watch it over and over with maximum giddiness and send my lady a text about how excited I am, embarrassing myself no doubt.

I never liked how Vaztor used my image for Ridley in his blog. Makes me feel like I need to Shower.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That resize he did showing ridley makes no sense actually makes Ridley look a good size compared to samus

D

Deleted member

legendofrob said:
I meant what does banning anyone ON THIS SITE have anything to do with gamefaqs? like, are they connected or something? or was he just a member on gamefaqs to begin with? I'm just confusing myself, sorry.
Had Vaztor71 performed the same stunt on Smashboards, he would have received a ban for sure for this and perhaps for a long time. Our system might not be the greatest, but I'd like to think it's competent enough to at least catch that. GameFAQs? Nope, can't say the same.
HEY BKUPA. HOW DOES IT FEEL TO HAVE A THREAD STILL IN THE ONE THOUSAND POSTS RANGE. GOTTA SAY THE THREE THOUSANDS ARE PRETTY COOL.

Also, I like to think I would do something cool in celebration of Ridley being confirmed in the trailer, but I'm pretty sure I would just watch it over and over with maximum giddiness and send my lady a text about how excited I am, embarrassing myself no doubt.

I never liked how Vaztor used my image for Ridley in his blog. Makes me feel like I need to Shower.
Still need to get to a thousand post on my Mega Man thread. Man I'm jealous...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Anyway, let's stop giving this Troll publicity.

How do you think Ridley would play in terns of weight and movement? I think he'll have slow walk and run speeds but with great air mobility with the same amount of jumps as Charizard but they cover more vertiacal.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, I'm kind of convinced by that pic of the 3DS screen. Ridley totally just doesn't fit on it. he's covering both screens and covering up a lot of the characters

How would I ever be able to select someone else if Ridley is taking up all the room on it?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Actually, I'm kind of convinced by that pic of the 3DS screen. Ridley totally just doesn't fit on it. he's covering both screens and covering up a lot of the characters

How would I ever be able to select someone else if Ridley is taking up all the room on it?
Why would you ever wanna play as anyone else? :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Vaztor again? I so want Ridley confirmed now for TWO reasons:

1. Being able to play as a friggin badass space dragon villain.
2. Vaztor's tears... ALL OF THEM! Muhahahahahahaha... :evil:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Raaa man..craZy...this sheet runz deep...damn...to like smash hall of famers like Oasis/Chrono/Golden would you say that Ridley has been the most comercial/debatable char in all of smash history?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Thanks for the color change ismar, I don't like the sound of eye cancer xD. I had to change my contrast before just to read your posts.

No, no, no. Ridley will only be able to be on the 3DS version because they have two screens for him. He was actually originally too big for only 2 screens, but because one of them is 3D he has some more room to pop out, but if you turn of the 3D while ridley is visible (always) your 3DS explodes.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Thanks for the color change ismar, I don't like the sound of eye cancer xD. I had to change my contrast before just to read your posts.

No, no, no. Ridley will only be able to be on the 3DS version because they have two screens for him. He was actually originally too big for only 2 screens, but because one of them is 3D he has some more room to pop out, but if you turn of the 3D while ridley is visible (always) your 3DS explodes.
What if you has a 3DS XL Ridley Bundle that there gonna release oww im soo getting one! Its twice the size of the normal XL and comes with exclusive DLC code to unlock Ridley he can fit! barely...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ridley would take up 4 roster spots. That's how big he is.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Oh lol that guy, i think i was arguing with him in one of his most recent threads there, he kept trying to turn us towards his horrendous blog post like it was fact. Yeah like guybrush said though we should probably just forget him and not give him the attention, but it will still be enjoyable to stomp him out like a cigarette when he does show up every now and then.

Ridley is not amused

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's funny that he thinks making a long blog post about it somehow makes "too big" any more intelligent or compelling. He doesn't say anything more than "I think it looks weird so they shouldn't add him."

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Plasma Breath: Ridley spits fast fireballs over a short radius directly in front of him which explode on contact.

Roar: With a mighty roar, Ridley's fierce breath will push players back and if they're close enough when he throws his head forward they'll take damage too.

Fierce Swoop: Not dissimilar to Metaknight's Shuttle Loop, this move is slower and has a larger radius (Ridley would probably follow Charizard by having three jumps and a glide.)

Skewer: For this move Ridley drives his sharp tail into the ground and recoils slightly. Not quite like the "bomb" moves, but can speed up your descent if in the air.

Lethal Drive: I've got no reference for these move names, really, but Ridley's Final Smash is taken from Super Metroid and performs almost identically like the Dragoon in Brawl (which may mean retiring it as an item) Using the aiming reticule Ridley will swoop through the screen (from behind the stage) taking out anybody in his way.

By Professor Fandango @ DevientArt
http://professorfandango.deviantart.com/art/SMASH-Ridley-263047943?q=gallery:professorfandango/31856694&qo=19

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For a second I thougth that last attack, skewer, was Ridley peeing!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Vaztor71 has been around since the pre-Brawl days bashing Ridley. He usually disappears for a while, and then comes back and trolls and bashes Ridley for like a month or so. I would not be surprised if he pops up again soon in the weeks prior to E3.

1.5 months until we get a Smash 4 unveil.
1.5 years until Smash 4 is released.

Its strange to say we already have been waiting for nearly 5.5 years for Smash 4 stuff, so another 1.5 years is not much if you think about it.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Vaztor71 has been around since the pre-Brawl days bashing Ridley. He usually disappears for a while, and then comes back and trolls and bashes Ridley for like a month or so. I would not be surprised if he pops up again soon in the weeks prior to E3.

1.5 months until we get a Smash 4 unveil.
1.5 years until Smash 4 is released.

Its strange to say we already have been waiting for nearly 5.5 years for Smash 4 stuff, so another 1.5 years is not much if you think about it.
Yeah, I rembered him. The best part about a Ridley reveal (besides it being a Ridley reveal.) is going to be how much he'll try to downplay it.

Speaking of dumb gamefaqs users, Dede Kong also really annoys me.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I rembered him. The best part about a Ridley reveal (besides it being a Ridley reveal.) is going to be how much he'll try to downplay it.

Speaking of dumb gamefaqs users, Dede Kong also really annoys me.
You and me both.
Dedekong I find nearly as bad as Vaztor.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Top Bottom