• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I would probably laugh if we don't get any of the anticipated newcomers revealed at E3. That is, the only thing we get out of it is some gameplay footage, a couple of veterans, and a release date.
I think we can be rest assured that we'll see more then that. At least, we better be rest assured...

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Then again, Mega Man pretty much make up for that.

I don't think every fan favorite will show up, but we'll still probably get the heaviest hitters (Ridley, K Rool, Palutena, Mewtwo and Pac Man come to mind...).
Probably. I can see the newcomer line-up being:
  • Mewtwo
  • Pac-Man
  • Some Random Newcomer
And that being it for E3 as far as newcomers are concerned.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
My best case scenario is getting Ridley and K. Rool along with Shulk and Palutena.

Such a lineup has it all:

Villains = Ridley/K. Rool
Fan favorites = Ridley/K. Rool/Palutena
Female = Palutena
Sword wielder = Shulk
Left field character = Shulk

Maybe throw in Pac-Man for obligatory 3rd party and I'm completely set.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
My best case scenario is getting Ridley and K. Rool along with Shulk and Palutena.

Such a lineup has it all:

Villains = Ridley/K. Rool
Fan favorites = Ridley/K. Rool/Palutena
Female = Palutena
Sword wielder = Shulk
Left field character = Shulk

Maybe throw in Pac-Man for obligatory 3rd party and I'm completely set.
Add in Mewtwo along with them and you have a pretty solid cast of characters to reveal.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I'm seeing some doubt over Ridley's apparent disconfirmation at the forum I frequently go to (TVTropes), because they cite some of the things you guys have been saying.

Personally speaking, I don't think we're going to get anymore heavy hitters other than Palutena and Mewtwo. K. Rool will probably be revealed to be a boss, and Isaac will be an AT again.
At the other forum I go to, if I were to give a mere mention of Ridley and they'd laugh at me and say "you're in denial, he was confirmed a hazard, he's too big, get over it and give up". They're too stupid to think outside the box, they automatically assumed that 8 second clip was a 100% "de-confirmation", and don't think there's other possibilities of the significance of it. They aren't willing to observe other things like the absence of lava on the Pyrosphere FD, because they assume what they "saw" on the Smash Direct was enough. I think there's one of them who'd listen, but the rest... well... just be glad you have non-Ridley supporters on another forum who'd be willing to listen to you -.-

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
At the other forum I go to, if I were to give a mere mention of Ridley and they'd laugh at me and say "you're in denial, he was confirmed a hazard, he's too big, get over it and give up". They're too stupid to think outside the box, they automatically assumed that 8 second clip was a 100% "de-confirmation", and don't think there's other possibilities of the significance of it. They aren't willing to observe other things like the absence of lava on the Pyrosphere FD, because they assume what they "saw" on the Smash Direct was enough. I think there's one of them who'd listen, but the rest... well... just be glad you have non-Ridley supporters on another forum who'd be willing to listen to you -.-
That's why I've pretty much just stuck around here. Let everyone else think what they want, it won't change the outcome. Might as well save myself the aggravation.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
the only 3 characters I reallly want in are Mewtwo, Ridley and Robin... i would be glad if palutena or krool, get in, but aren't character i would use once smash happens.

Of this 3 having only one will make me feel at ease with this roster. and the three of them would be pure ambrosia.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Waiting on Ridley, K. Rool, and Medusa. We need some legitimate classic villain newcomers going on to add some unique evil flair to... everything. Yes. And at this point, I have a good feeling about all three being in.

Last edited:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Waiting on Ridley, K. Rool, and Medusa. We need some legitimate classic villain newcomers going on to add some unique evil flair to... everything. Yes. And at this point, I have a good feeling about all three being in.
I personally in the "Just give me Ridley and I don't give a **** who else gets in!" boat.

You got a nice list. I would add Classic Ganon to it. I swear if we ended up getting no villans except for like this guy....

I'd be mad....

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'm a little skeptical for Medusa unless Kid Icarus gets two more reps. But otherwise Ridley and K. Rool are those two big villains that the roster desperately needs.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I personally in the "Just give me Ridley and I don't give a **** who else gets in!" boat.

You got a nice list. I would add Classic Ganon to it. I swear if we ended up getting no villans except for like this guy....

I'd might contemplate suicide.....
Well maybe not that extreme, but there'd definitely be some problems.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Well maybe not that extreme, but there'd definitely be some problems.
Yeah thats kinda poor taste of me to say. I'll edit that out...

I don't think Ghirahim will be added but at the same time I could see Sakurai doing it just to add a Zelda rep.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Yeah thats kinda poor taste of me to say. I'll edit that out...

I don't think Ghirahim will be added but at the same time I could see Sakurai doing it just to add a Zelda rep.
Ghirahim has had a grand total of one game, I find him unlikely.

I'm expecting Ganon to fulfill the Zelda rule of having two versions of every character.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Ghirahim has had a grand total of one game, I find him unlikely.

I'm expecting Ganon to fulfill the Zelda rule of having two versions of every character.
If we got Ganon, King K. Rool, and my favorite Ridley.....This roster would be just too perfect. I'll literally cry tears of joy.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Sakurai was clearly being straight-faced with Ridley being a boss, guys. Promotional material would never be made or manipulated to mislead the viewer, guys.

webbing.png

That would be confusing and unprofessional.

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Sakurai was clearly being straight-faced with Ridley being a boss, guys. Promotional material would never be made or manipulated to mislead the viewer, guys.

View attachment 14308

That would be confusing and unprofessional.
Still really easy to tell it wasn't Mewtwo. :p

I guess it's a (weak) argument for Ridley's possible inclusion, but I'd recommend we use better ones.

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Still really easy to tell it wasn't Mewtwo. :p

I guess it's a (weak) argument for Ridley's possible inclusion, but I'd recommend we use better ones.
Yeah if you're Captain Hindsight or weren't blinded by hype from the 40 minute Direct like a lot of people were at the time.

It's another point to throw on the pile, especially now that I notice they ALSO made Greninja's fingers thinner at the top to make them look more humanoid or at least mask one of his other distinctive features.

Last edited:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
I see i missed page 666 i kindof figured i would accually.

So what happen from the page before and after page 666 good evidence?
I was saying how the camera angles are just perfectly in the way to avoid showing the shadow of the platform or the platforms at all. :p

Pyrosphere and shadow of platfrom.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb.../14/WiiU_SuperSmashBros_Stage05_Screen_01.jpg

Ridley shadow.

http://declantyson.net/assets/uploads/2014-04-10/ridley.jpg

See what I mean? Sakurai didn't want us to know the platforms are still there.....In the Yellow Devil Boss fight the platfroms on that stage go away when Yellow Devil shows up so you would think the same would happen to the Ridley boss fight to avoid Ridley clipping and easily avoiding him.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'm contemplating tracing every frame of the Ridley idling clip.

Unfortunately, I can't GIF, I have a whole ton of schoolwork to catch up on, and by the time I DO have the time, E3 will have most likely passed.

sigh,,,

majora_787

Smash Hero
I noticed all of that stuff subconsciously I suppose, but wow I never ACTUALLY realized how many shenanigans were involved with Greninja's trailer.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I'm contemplating tracing every frame of the Ridley idling clip.

Unfortunately, I can't GIF, I have a whole ton of schoolwork to catch up on, and by the time I DO have the time, E3 will have most likely passed.

sigh,,,
I splitted the gif you posted, and I tried to put the 110 frames together but I later lost count of the frames and give up, also, my hand hurts when i do that...

majora_787

Smash Hero
Sakurai went to great lengths to troll us.
I realized that when he literally pulled a "They're not coming back to Smash. :c ...JUST KIDDING :D". But yeah wow. And I mean it's not like it's hard to tell that the Ridley footage was very carefully chosen. We can't see Ridley, we can't see platform shadows, we can't hear noises, we can BARELY tell how big Ridley is because of the weird camera angle and how zoomed in everything is.. our only salvation on that front being the distinctive floor of the Pyrosphere platform.

Sakurai's so wacky.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
:/ this doesn't help much as if I had done the whole thing, but oh well...

IMG00000.png

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Just 22 more days now....
22 More days and this thread will be out of it's groundhog day loop

Last edited: